71-Year-Old Concealed Carrying Florida Hero Thwarts Robbery. YAY or BOO?

Semper Fi 2012/07/20 15:57:36

Two 19-year-old thugs entered a Florida internet cafe, armed with guns and a baseball bat. 71-year-old Samuel Williams was also there with his concealed carry .380 caliber semi-automatic handgun, seated at the back of the cafe. As the thugs brandish their weapons, begin rounding up patrons, and smashing computer screens, Mr. Williams does what any honorable guy with a weapon would do. He gets rid of the cowardly thugs.

The thugs survived and ran off with a few gunshot wounds, but nobody else got hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t5f5AwkkiY

• Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/07/29 00:35:46
    YAY!
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    SWEET! Score one for the good guys!
  • RichardCranium 2012/07/26 07:56:27
    YAY!
    RichardCranium
    Very good!
  • ☆Ed☆ 2012/07/22 01:40:49 (edited)
    YAY!
    ☆Ed☆
    +2
    While self defense will always be risky, I will ALWAYS take that risk!!!

Anyone that believes the BS that many police departments put out about "giving the criminals everything they ask for to avoid being injured" only needs to research the DEVASTATING CRIMES committed against Dr. William Petit and his family, even AFTER they had COOPERATED as law enforcement suggests!!!
  • 4gotten Israelite 2012/07/21 20:19:58
    YAY!
    4gotten Israelite
    +1
    That's how America is, it's a very dangerous place to live. I'm assuming by them being called thugs they must be black. But to bad, I hate to see people get killed , but better you than me. If I feel threatened I'm going to kill you if you're white, if you're black' if you're Spanish, if you're young or old, male or female. My life is more valuable than yours.
  • aherbert 2012/07/21 19:55:15
    BOO!
    aherbert
    Dirty Harry is a little old ... he is lucky the thugs didn't shot him. Material crap come and go ... give it up and take a great mental note of the bad guys and report them ... they will get caught ... Vigilantes kills; and most times innocent people. Ask the parents of Trayvon Martin. stop the violence
  • ☆Ed☆ aherbert 2012/07/22 01:44:15
    ☆Ed☆
    Tell your IGNORANT CRAP to Dr. William Petit!!!
  • aherbert ☆Ed☆ 2012/07/22 01:45:11
  • ☆Ed☆ aherbert 2012/07/22 01:50:19
    ☆Ed☆
    Thank you anyway, but I get PLENTY of sunshine.You would too if you pulled your head out of your butt!!!
  • aherbert ☆Ed☆ 2012/07/22 01:52:18
    aherbert
    Hey that is not fair ... tell your mom you are in her as$

lost puppy
  • ☆Ed☆ aherbert 2012/07/22 01:57:47
    ☆Ed☆
    The truth is out on you. Your mom crapped the bed at the same time you were born and after one look at you, she kept the crap!!!
  • aherbert ☆Ed☆ 2012/07/22 02:10:28
    aherbert
    Edith .. we are not talking about your mama ...

your mama
  • Diverbelo aherbert 2012/07/22 03:40:51
    Diverbelo
    You say stop the violence now? That grandpa just did. As far as Travyvon Martin. Let's see how that facts play out.
  • aherbert Diverbelo 2012/07/22 16:52:49
    aherbert
    Grandpa was lucky I am glad there was no lost of life ... There is one fact in young Martin case ... he was unarmed and Zimmerman murdered him. That child will never see his 18th birthday and I think stand your ground is only Zimmerman excuse. Yes we shall see how the facts play out.
  • Diverbelo aherbert 2012/07/22 18:23:00
    Diverbelo
    On the Zimmerman case, I prefer to wait until all of the facts are presented. According to Zimmerman, his head was being pounded on concrete and Martin reached for the gun. If that is true, then it was not murder. But again, I am not arguing guilty or not guilty right now. Just wish people would not jump to conclusions.
  • aherbert Diverbelo 2012/07/22 18:26:49
    aherbert
    yeah we all know what Zimmerman said ... it doesn't surprise me he would say stuff to support his bad actions ... we have no choice but to wait for the facts and the outcome of the case ... we can not jump to conclusions like Zimmerman did when young Martin was walking home for the corner store ... I never knew it was a crime to be walking while being a young African American man. Hey we are talking about Florida though ...
  • Diverbelo aherbert 2012/07/22 18:35:41
    Diverbelo
    See, you are jumping to conclusions. You are making it a race issue. What if what Zimmerman said is true? What if the facts support Zimmerman and he was being attacked? What then?
  • aherbert Diverbelo 2012/07/22 18:42:11
    aherbert
    It is hard for me not to make it a race issue ... Zimmerman saw him and told the police that "these people get away with crime" (what people?). He look "suspicious walking in the rain" (why?) and it is a fact that the 911 operator told him not to follow the young man ... look I do not believe anything Zimmerman says ... In my view he has no creditably ... he lied to the court & so did his wife. If he did not stalk young Martin he wouldn't have sustain any injuries ... look we are just going to have to wait and see what happens ... I place my bet on a life sentence or death. Does Florida enforce the death penalty?
  • Diverbelo aherbert 2012/07/22 18:52:22
    Diverbelo
    Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy. regardless of if he profiled Martin as a young black, or as a suspicious person, if he followed him or not. IF Martin attacked Zimmerman as is claimed, and pounded his head in the concrete and reached for the weapon, Zimmerman would then be acting in self defense. Now, these are only Zimmerman's claims and until facts prove differently, then he is innocient until proven guilty. I definately would not want you on the jury, you have already made up your mind. I am still waiting for all of the facts to be proven.
  • aherbert Diverbelo 2012/07/22 18:56:24
    aherbert
    +1
    Even if asked I wouldn't be on the jury ... I admit my opinion is bias; we shall all wait for the rest of the facts to come to light. I personally do not think Zimmerman have a case ... but I am not a lawyer ... time will tell.

peace
  • Donnie 2012/07/21 19:23:58
    YAY!
    Donnie
    +1
    bravo sir, bravo.
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/21 17:47:41
    YAY!
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    He's a true hero. Thugs will think twice before trying this kind of stunt again.
  • intolerantrwj 2012/07/21 16:46:02
    YAY!
    intolerantrwj
    +1
    Samuel Williams deserves a Hero's Welcome !

Anyone else notice the Total Bullsh*t of this story .... if not, check this out

..... " Their wounds were not life-threatening. Each was arrested hours later and charged with attempted armed robbery with a firearm and felony criminal mischief.Henderson remained in the Marion County Jail late Monday in lieu of a $31,000 bond. Dawkins was released Sunday after posting an $11,000 bond "

Anyone care to remind me how much the Bail Bond is for a guy who robbed nobody and was not caught on video doing anything illegal ... a guy named Zimmerman ... how much is his Bail Bond ? ? ?

............... now there's a Bullsh*t comparison of Bail !
  • dave b 2012/07/21 15:54:06
    YAY!
    dave b
    +1
    Thats the way it should be!
  • ronbo 2012/07/21 15:04:54
    YAY!
    ronbo
    +1
    If he hadn,t done what he did, God only knows what those thugs would have done next.
  • Margaret 2012/07/21 14:54:23
    YAY!
    Margaret
    +1
    If more law abiding Americans were allowed to conceal and carry, maybe some of these idiots and people like the psycho killer in Colorado, would have pause for thought before trying to terrorize innocent people.
  • John "By God" American 2012/07/21 14:34:40
    YAY!
    John "By God" American
    +1
    Nice job, sir!
  • Grandpa 2012/07/21 14:29:26
    YAY!
    Grandpa
    +1
    If he would have been at the movie or someone like him 12 would not be dead or 51 injured >>>
  • Spooner 2012/07/21 13:57:27
    YAY!
    Spooner
    +1
    Yay for Geezers with guns. Mine is a 45, always loaded.
  • the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/21 13:23:41
    YAY!
    the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    A girl was getting mugged by a Dumb Ass with Knife. A man with his gun,a stranger stopped, pulled out his gun,and held the guy til police arrived.
  • Wesloco 2012/07/21 13:14:25
    BOO!
    Wesloco
    +1
    ... property is never more important than a life. Just give the idiots what they want and let law enforcement handle it.
  • ronbo Wesloco 2012/07/21 15:12:12
    ronbo
    +2
    What if they wanted more than property? What if they saw someone,s good looking wife and decided to take her with them for God only knows what ? What if they decided to kill everyone so there wouldn.t be any witnesses? I ask these questions becase this has all happened before. Not everyone is going to agree with what he did but he may have saved everyone,s life there.
  • Wesloco ronbo 2012/07/21 15:46:06
    Wesloco
    ... what if his gun would have jammed? What if while pulling his gun out he dropped it and it went off killing another innocent person? What if the bad guy beat him to the draw? We can't make decisions based on "what ifs." It's true that he "may" have saved the lives of people there but what is true is that he by introducing gunfire he definitely put many more people at risk.
  • dave b Wesloco 2012/07/21 15:55:54
    dave b
    +1
    You cant be serious.....
  • Wesloco dave b 2012/07/21 16:23:07
    Wesloco
    ... where do you disagree?
  • ☆Ed☆ dave b 2012/07/22 01:47:20
    ☆Ed☆
    He's NOT "serious"!!! He's STUPID!!!
  • ronbo Wesloco 2012/07/21 20:45:59
    ronbo
    +1
    So your solution is just to let the crooks have their way even if they have other things in mind? A lot of things could have gone wrong but I still say he was right in this instance. Oh by the way ,the Defense Department plays "what ifs" all the time when planning scenarios to formulate national defense policies.
  • Wesloco ronbo 2012/07/21 22:39:40
    Wesloco
    No, we have trained professionals that are paid to deal with criminals. Yes, I know that police officers cannot be at all places at all times but they are a deterrent to discourage would be law breakers. A robber usually has only one thing in mind and that is to get your money and valuables as fast as they can and if you give it up quicker they are out of our way sooner. All the hero stuff is just what the movies have fed us but in situations like with this 71 year old man 9 times out of 10 they will turn out bad.
  • ronbo Wesloco 2012/07/21 22:53:04
    ronbo
    +1
    Usually this and usually that and on and on and sometimes things don,t go as they usually do. Not all situations go by the script. And those trained professionals are obviously not able to prevent these situations or they wouldn,t continue to occur. In LA in 1992 during the riots there the trained professionals basically abandoned whole neighborhoods to protect Parker Center (LA city hall) from rioters there and people were left to fend for themselves.
  • Wesloco ronbo 2012/07/21 23:36:51
    Wesloco
    So if we don't make our laws by the "usuallys" what do you suggest we make them by? The "exceptions?" When a drunk driver behind the wheel actually kills someone it's the exception because they usually make it home safely so should we allow drunk drivers since the accidents are not in the script? I was in L.A. in 1992 and what happened on Florence & Normandie was the exception and it was because of that law and order brave man Darryl Gates that the cops pulled out. The officers would have stayed if not for orders from that yesteryear Arpaio, Darryl Gates. But going back to the riots, what happened to Reginald Denny was the exception and the crimes were mostly poperty crimes, loot and burn.
  • ☆Ed☆ Wesloco 2012/07/22 01:34:16

2014/10/24 20:30:28