70% of Doctors say that Obamacare Sucks.

Birthpangs 2011/12/27 14:22:51
Doctors Say Obamacare Is No Remedy for U.S. Health Woes

America’s doctors have conducted a full examination of the president’s health reform law — and their diagnosis of its effects on our healthcare system isn’t good.

Nearly two-thirds of doctors expect the quality of care in this country to decline, according to a new survey from consulting giant Deloitte. Just 27 percent think that the law will lower costs. And nearly seven of every 10 doctors believe that medicine is no longer attractive to America’s “best and brightest.”

Few people know more about our healthcare system than doctors working on the frontlines. Policymakers should pay heed to their indictment of Obamacare and revisit the disastrous law.

President Obama promised that his reform package would begin to stymie the out-of-control growth in the cost of American health care. He pledged $2,500 in health insurance savings for the typical American family.

But doctors don’t buy it. Only one quarter feel that Obamacare will reduce health insurance costs for consumers. Nine out of ten posit that insurers will raise premiums for employers and individuals.

They have good reason to doubt Obamacare’s cost-cutting potential. Healthcare spending is expected to reach $2.7 trillion this year — or about $1 of every $6 spent in our economy. By 2020, health spending will account for a full fifth of America’s GDP.

That increase is in large part thanks to Obamacare. Instead of relieving high insurance premiums, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that American families in the non-group market will see their premiums rise $2,100.

They’re already trending higher. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, average family premiums in 2011 topped $15,000 — a 9 percent increase from 2010. Prior to Obamacare’s passage — from 2009 to 2010 — premiums went up just 3 percent.

In April 2010, Richard Foster, the Chief Actuary of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), concluded that American spending on health care through 2019 would be $311 billion higher than if the law had never passed.

Even with all that additional money flowing through the system, doctors don’t think that the quality of care will improve. Half of all doctors believe that access to care will diminish because of hospital closures prompted by health reform.

Further, nearly 70 percent of doctors believe that long wait times will plague emergency rooms. A full 83 percent of physicians foresee increased wait times for primary care appointments.

That’s in large part because Obamacare is expected to extend government-subsidized insurance coverage to many folks — even as the supply of providers remains relatively constant.

The United States already faces a shortage of primary-care doctors. Medical schools today produce one such physician for every two our country needs. By 2019, the American Academy of Family Physicians warns that the United States will be short 40,000 doctors.

Expanding insurance coverage to millions more Americans won’t do much good if they can’t get doctor’s appointments. Physicians believe that their ability to provide quality care will be further strained by the law’s attempt to change the way they’re paid — from a fee-for-service basis to a vaguely defined system of paying doctors based on patient health and outcomes.

Nine out of ten physicians fear they will receive inadequate payments and endure higher administrative costs. Fewer than a quarter of doctors expect their paperwork requirements to ease up. Time spent wading though paperwork is also time no longer available for actually practicing medicine.

American doctors’ negative view of Obamacare is telling. Proponents of the law may claim that their griping is misplaced, but as Paul Keckley, Ph.D., the lead author of the report explains, “Understanding the view of the physician is fundamental to any attempt to change the health care model.”

In other words, if physicians aren’t on board with Obamacare, it won’t work. A law that hinders the practice of medicine, obstructs access to care, and costs Americans more is clearly not the right remedy for what ails us.

Sally C. Pipes is President, CEO, and Taube Fellow in Health Care Studies at the Pacific Research Institute. Her next book — The Pipes Plan: The Top Ten Ways to Dismantle and Replace Obamacare (Regnery) — will be released in January 2012.

• Concerned Citizen 2011/12/27 15:46:29
    Who could have guessed the answer? Most everything he does Sucks.
    Concerned Citizen
    +10
    Obamacare must be repealed,......right after repealing him in 2012!

repeal obamacare

• MrUnderhill 2013/09/22 02:28:10
    MrUnderhill
    May God throw you in the lake of fire and brimstone, Illuminati, for the evil that you have done such as bringing us this evil crap that is misnamed Obamacare.
  • ndaye 2012/01/09 10:39:25
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/01/02 08:15:35 (edited)
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +2
    My family and town is already feeling the negative effects of Obamacare both in doctors leaving their practice, and in our doctor's hospital being force to sell under Obamacare regualtions. Our new hospital was our cities pride and joy, we finally had good care, and we lost it to the new regualtions out to end private doctor hospitals.

And as far as premiums, thanks a lot Obama. Mine have gone up 1/3 thanks to Obamacare. I am now paying over 10 grand a year, and I see a doctor perhaps twice a year.
  • poppi p... Christi... 2012/11/08 16:48:09
    poppi prince
    +4
    I KNEW I couldn't be the only one already affected. I got called a liar yesterday for telling an obamacare supporter that my rates had already been raised. They are so blind when it comes to this. They only see what's promised to them. I'm sorry that this is happening to you...
    +3
    Just remember .. this was already done to the Military Health Care system .. it is going to get even WORSE as more and more this ObamaCare mess gets entrenched in ..
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2011/12/28 17:38:11
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +2
    And 70% of America think everything he does sucks. No news here.
  • Birthpangs ScottyG... 2011/12/29 16:00:35
  • ScottyG... Birthpangs 2011/12/29 16:58:09
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +2
    The lefties still in denial are in for a big shock very soon!
  • Birthpangs ScottyG... 2011/12/29 17:02:03
  • ScottyG... Birthpangs 2011/12/29 17:13:15
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +2
    Lead by the lemming in chief, Obunghole!
  • Angel 2011/12/28 02:10:52
    Angel
    +6
    My Doctor said it sucked and I babysit for a Dr who said he might have to close his office once obamacare gets into full swing...
  • Christi... Angel 2012/01/02 08:23:38 (edited)
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +2
    We already lost our family doctor because he came from Canada, and he refused to work under socialized medicine again. He hung up his shingles. Than we tried to get another doctor, and because of Obamacare, our city has lost over ten percent of our doctors. It takes weeks to get an appointment. We finally got into see one, than he left private practice and moved into a co-op because it was easier than dealing with Obamacare regulations on his own. Most of the other doctors in town have done the same.

A few weeks ago I almost lost a family member, because it would takes weeks to get an appointment for them. It turned out to be a fast moving infection that in less than thirty six hours almost killed them. If I had been able to get into a doctor, it would have been detected, instead of us thinking he had the flu.
  • Cliff 2011/12/28 00:42:37
    Cliff
    +5
    What the hell do doctors know about healthcare? If you want the real low down, you got to go to the real experts........bureaucrats!
  • WhereIs... Cliff 2011/12/28 07:19:02
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    And then you...die...because we all know bureaucrats only know how to screw things up!
  • Christi... Cliff 2012/01/02 08:29:06
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +2
    Yes bureaucrats are smarted than doctors. That is why the government is heading a committee to decide which prodecures are the best ones to use in the treatment of patients. They are stripping away the doctor's ability to use various techniques to treat patients instead of the offical or cost effective one prescribed by the government.
  • jtjustice 2011/12/28 00:37:30
    Other
    jtjustice
    +4
    Not surprising when the socialist swine obama cuts 30% of the income...
  • cindy 2011/12/28 00:35:07
    cindy
    +6
    I can't wait to hear the stupid Democrats spin on this !
  • dubbie 2011/12/28 00:32:21
    dubbie
    +7
    That vote right there ought to send him his walking papers ,Plus the fact those of us already seen a rise in our healthcare agree with the 70% .Get to packing ,bammie
  • Biki~pw... dubbie 2011/12/28 00:42:37
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +4
    gaaa, not soon enough for me! I can't wait for the day he leaves DC for good. Hopefully in handcuffs.
  • dubbie Biki~pw... 2011/12/28 00:45:37
    dubbie
    +5
    You and me both , Thats one photo that would proudly be hung in the living room and bring a smile to my face
  • Biki~pw... dubbie 2011/12/28 01:49:35
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +5
    hahahaha! I'd hang it too, but only to throw darts at it. =-)
  • ScottyG... Biki~pw... 2011/12/29 16:59:41
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    A better use would be training puppies.
  • Biki~pw... ScottyG... 2011/12/29 20:13:12
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +3
    My birthday always lands on inauguration day. For 2009, my son gave me a poster of him and a book of matches. I didn't use the matches, I tore it up into tiny bits and flushed the pieces down my septic, I certainly hope he's still hanging out in there enjoying the daily deposits. =-}
  • ScottyG... Biki~pw... 2011/12/29 21:31:43
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    I thought about marketing Obama toilet paper. But after I gave it more thought I decided not to ruin what some people really enjoy and I don't want him anywhere near my ass.
  • Biki~pw... ScottyG... 2011/12/29 21:37:22
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +3
    HAHAHAHAHA!! He does seem to enjoy "the windward passage" according to "friends" of his.
  • ScottyG... Biki~pw... 2011/12/30 01:09:26
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    You mean this? It's pretty good!

• Birthpangs ScottyG... 2011/12/29 21:55:41
  • ScottyG... Birthpangs 2011/12/30 01:11:17
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    See the above video!
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2011/12/27 23:46:40
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +7
    We told ya not to vote for him ............ but no ............... you had to go your own way .........
  • Biki~pw... CUDDLY ... 2011/12/28 01:50:44
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +6
    They listened to the lamestream obamamania media, they voted for their "american idol" No brains were used in the voting process.
  • ScottyG... CUDDLY ... 2011/12/29 17:00:48
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +2
    Libtards only know how to yell, not listen.
  • Sig Sauer P220 2011/12/27 22:45:43
    Sig Sauer P220
    +9
    The quality of care is already declining ...
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2011/12/27 21:51:25
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +6
    Of course it sucks, it is Socialist.
  • Cyan9 WhereIs... 2011/12/27 22:28:20
    Cyan9
    +1
    name on socialist provision. thanks.
  • Birthpangs Cyan9 2011/12/28 00:08:25
  • Cyan9 Birthpangs 2011/12/28 00:13:08
    Cyan9
    +1
    where does it say that?
  • Birthpangs Cyan9 2011/12/28 00:14:05
  • Cyan9 Birthpangs 2011/12/28 00:22:38
  • Birthpangs Cyan9 2011/12/28 00:32:55
  • Cyan9 Birthpangs 2011/12/28 00:41:44

2014/10/25 16:58:58