7 Things Democrats Would Have Freaked Out About If Bush Had Done Them.

Southern Man 2013/02/17 01:45:14

7 Things Democrats Would Have Freaked Out About If Bush Had Done Them

Obama’s national security policy has continued some of the
most controversial moves of the Bush Administration. Silence from much
of the left.

1. Democrats fought George W. Bush’s troop surge in Iraq in 2006.

2. American deaths in Afghanistan have skyrocketed since Obama took office.

3. President Obama’s drones and special operators are working down “Kill Lists” of suspected terrorists.

4. Drone attacks have risen sharply under Obama.

5. In Pakistan alone the administration has launched over 300 drone strikes.

6. Obama promised to end the Bush era torture interrogation practices.

7. Obama was unable to deliver on his pledge to close the Guantanamo
Bay detention center, which Bush had also said he would close.

Read More: http://www.vaows.com/2013/02/13/7-things-democrats...

• authorgirl 2013/02/20 03:55:42
    authorgirl
    +1
    What exactly is a drone? Is that like a type of soldier or spy or something?
  • Souther... authorgirl 2013/02/20 04:27:23
    Southern Man
    Drone

This is a drone
  • authorgirl Souther... 2013/02/25 22:35:43
    authorgirl
    Oh, okay. Thank you.
  • Souther... authorgirl 2013/02/25 22:36:18
    Southern Man
    Your welcome
  • me 2013/02/17 18:17:36
    me
    +3
    And not one of them can defend their hypocrisy except with more hypocrisy.
    +2
    Damnable hypos
  • rightagain 2013/02/17 16:58:09
    rightagain
    +3
    Politics has become much like a game of Keep-Away and they have the ball now.And they will do anything to keep it. And by the time they lose it back to us it won't be worth much. new school Our demise came from within.
  • thomas.bogan.5 2013/02/17 16:24:22 (edited)
  • RoyJLores 2013/02/17 14:44:17
    RoyJLores
    +2
    I had already asked this LOL, good one!

Down with authoritarian fascist Statists no matter their slogan..
  • Souther... RoyJLores 2013/02/17 16:25:55
    Southern Man
    +1
    On my way to your post ...
  • KCurtis 2013/02/17 14:37:22
    KCurtis
    +5
    wood
    If it wasn't for double standards the left would have no standards at all.
  • sneekyfoot 2013/02/17 12:49:46
    sneekyfoot
    Bush had brain damage from all the booze and cocaine he did......it wasnt his fault .
  • thomas.... sneekyfoot 2013/02/17 16:26:46
  • sneekyfoot thomas.... 2013/02/17 16:38:37
    sneekyfoot
    crack whats that ?
    +4
    Hey don't pick on Democrats, don't you know that these things are fine as long as you're one of them. Do As I Say, Not As I Do. that's the Democrats moto
  • ed 2013/02/17 10:52:28
    ed
    +1
    you're being way to easy and nice on them.
  • Austin 2013/02/17 09:04:02
    Austin
    +4
    Only 7? Ha

Yes, Obama supporters are quite hypocritical.
  • monkeyking908 2013/02/17 07:17:35
    monkeyking908
    i keep hearing about this kill list do people really think this is the first president to have one or that people on it are citizens.

i could come up with a list about republicans to such as Reagan's administration passed more restrictive gun laws than any other administration yet most republicans are yelling at obama about his gun control
  • Zoomie 2013/02/17 07:04:49
    Zoomie
    +1
    Don't read the news much, do you...

1) Obama did try to close Gitmo, but the GOP suddenly started terrifying everyone with tales of mass escapes of terrorists from US prisons (even though not one of the 300 or so currently in US prisons has ever escaped), and claiming there'd be terrorist attacks at their trials (despite the fact there've been dozens of trials of terrorists in US courts in the last 5-8 years without a single terrorist attack)...

2) Obama did end torture interrogation practices.

3) Yep, you're right, he's expanded use of drones. And leading the charge against him on that have been those same liberals and Democrats you're criticizing. For example, its been the ACLU fighting to force production of legal support for Obama's killing of TWO Americans without indictment or trial (and yes, I'm a liberal)...

4) Don't know what to say about Afghanistan...Obama hardly is to blame for the Taliban/al-Quada fighting harder than before, but Obama has been keeping to his promise to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan within another 1-2 years. If you recall, especially over Iraq, for several years Bush and Co. were literally promising to keep hundreds of thousands of US troops in country for, well, they refused to say how long except it was likely to be decades...
  • Austin Zoomie 2013/02/17 09:09:38 (edited)
    Austin
    +4
    1) The GOP don't want to close Gitmo, that isn't a secret. Are you not yet cynical enough about American politics to believe that it was a ploy to paint them as "obstructionists?" BTW, didn't the Democrats have a super majority?

2) You really think that? REALLY?!

3) He has what has been called a "kill list", which apparently he has ultimate authority over. You think Bush would have gotten away with that? The media rolls their eyes that someone would attack Obama for having a "kill list." I am happy you admit the ACLU is nothing more than a liberal attack machine, though. Also, right-wing people are very much against domestic drone use. To my knowledge, the Red states are the only ones drafting legislation to prevent their usage.

4) Isn't this really just another way to blame Bush? Deaths are up under Obama. That's the end of it.
  • Zoomie Austin 2013/02/21 00:32:21
    Zoomie
    1) No, Democrats NEVER had a supermajority. Don't know why conservatives keep repeating this, unless its to help them feel better about their obstructionism, but no, there never was a supermajority.

2) Yes.

3) Of course Bush would have gotten away with it. Hell, he may have but we simply don't know (Obama's been more open than Bush/Cheney ever were, and the GOP have been far more demanding on info from Obama -- as they were with Clinton in the WH -- than Democrats were with Bush).
    I never admitted the ACLU was a "liberal attack machine." THat's apparently your bias speaking. But I'm glad you admit that "liberals" are attacking Obama!! LOL!!!
    Yes, Red States are passing laws against drone usage...because Red States are literally pathologically paranoid when a Democrat is in the White House (I'd have said they're paranoid about the Federal Gov't, but the Bush years made clear their paranoia is about who is in the WH, not what the gov't actually does). I saw how freaked out they got when they heard the EPA could save millions by flying drones over farms and plants that were suspected of pollution, doing a better job enforcing the law at a lower cost. When you're a Republican today, you absolutely cannot have that!!!

4) Deaths are up under Obama? Seriously?? You really that?
    Per iCasual...

2) Yes.

Per iCasualties.org, US fatalities in Iraq in 2008 = 314, 2009 = 149, in 2012 = 1
    In Afghanistan, fatalities began rising in 2006, peaked in 2010, and have been declining since (2006 - 98, 2007 - 117, 2008 - 155, 2009 - 317, 2010 - 499, 2011 - 418, 2012 - 310, 2013 so far - 3). He inherited the Afghan surge, supported it, and now is keeping his promise to withdraw by 2014.
  • gregory... Zoomie 2013/02/17 12:33:42
    gregory.brown.5030
    +3
    1; you are right, Obama did want to bring military prisoners into civilian prisons and have hem tried in courts that would have no jurisdiction. He wished to have them tried as civilians instead of enemies caught while out of uniform. ( Spies and Provocateurs). This was blocked as it should have been, and those military POWs were left under the jurisdiction of the military.
    2: Obama used intel gained from water boarding to get Osama and the dems were fine with that. We do not know at this time if those interrogation techniques are still used dince Obama controls the media.
    3: Obama did use drones to kill American citizens without regard to the law of the land. We are agreed on that. For that alone he should be impeached and tried.
    4: Yes, you are right. Obama did surrender in both Iraq and Afganistan He succeeded in turning a bad situation into an even worse situation not only by that surrender, but by arming enemies in several countries that resulted in the loss of several key allies in the region. Both of his poorly thought out surrenders has done more to destabilize the entire Middle East, and has resulted in stabilization problems in Africa as well.
  • Zoomie gregory... 2013/02/21 00:42:06
    Zoomie
    1) If they're military prisoners, we're in violation of the Geneva Convention, and always have been (making Bush a war criminal under U.S. law). Bush always claimed they were NOT military prisoners. If they're not military prisoners, they can be (and I repeat - they HAVE been) tried in civilian court with no problems. Why not do it? Close Gitmo (a blot on the U.S.'s honor), lock up the terrorists forever...and as an aside, let's recall that back when Gitmo was opened by Bush, we were told only the "worst of the worst" would go there. Yet about 75% of those sent there were eventually released by Bush, a great many with NO involvment with terrorism (we were sold innocents for the bounty), others with minimal connections to the Taliban.
    2) BS! We waterboarded KSM 154 times, and he never gave us anything of use against Osama bin-Laden. Even Rumsfeld is on record admitting it was surveillance, not torture that lead to bin-Laden.
    3) Yep agreed...of course, I thought Bush deserved impeachment for knowingly and needlessly getting thousands of Americans killed in a needless war in Iraq, so in that respect I'd say both Presidents have done a terrible job. Though I'd point out, when one President expands his "imperial" rights and Congress lets him get away with it, you can count on subsequ...
    3) Yep agreed...of course, I thought Bush deserved impeachment for knowingly and needlessly getting thousands of Americans killed in a needless war in Iraq, so in that respect I'd say both Presidents have done a terrible job. Though I'd point out, when one President expands his "imperial" rights and Congress lets him get away with it, you can count on subsequent Presidents exercising the same "imperial" rights. The GOP Congress let Bush get away with a ton of illegal crap, and now there is no way to rein in Obama without obvious extreme hypocrisy by the right.
    4) More nonsensical BS driven by blind hatred of Obama...Surrender? Seriously? For doing what Bush planned to do? Do you then admit Bush surrendered Iraq? If not, you're a hypocrite.
  • gregory... Zoomie 2013/02/21 13:50:13
    gregory.brown.5030
    Yes, I admit that Bush failed in Both Iraq and Afghanistan. We sent him over there with the clear directive to hurt those people so badly either financially or militarily that hey would never think of threatening the US again. He then started talking about their freedom and democracy. Obama had the chance to finish the job, but decided to withdraw instead without resolution. I would consider that a surrender. As for the rest, those people were spies and provocateurs. many of them have returned to fight against the US again.
    I do, however agree with you that Obama has gone way farther than Bush ever did. He has gone way too far in fact.
  • Zoomie gregory... 2013/02/22 01:08:39
    Zoomie
    A surrender implies clearly there was a victory...

What would that have been?

As far as Afghanistan is concerned, as far as I'm concerned, the victory was in getting (dead or trial) Osama bin-Laden, and Obama was successful.

And let's be clear - my problem with Obama is only on use of drones to kill Americans...
    But before you get too worked up over Obama alone, read http://www.alternet.org/civil... in which a liberal group frequently critical of Obama, detail that Ford/Carter took a lot of trouble to end assassinations by covert US groups, only to have Reagan reestablish a policy of killing "enemies", which sometimes included Americans. Subsequent Presidents of both parties have continued the policy. Where Obama differs is in being more open and transparent about what he's doing.

So I guess we should give him credit for greater honesty and transparency than many previous Presidents (particularly Bush).
  • TheTruth1313 2013/02/17 05:46:40
    TheTruth1313
    +5
    Bush would have been crucified if he tried just about any of the crap that the liar in chief obama consistently gets swept under the rug. Must be nice to have the left biased media in your back pocket.
  • 2tellthetruth 2013/02/17 05:15:48
    2tellthetruth
    +1
    Hey Southern Man
    Everything that Obama is doing........ if it were bush doing the same thing........you would have nothing to say.....it would be all good.......2 faced.
  • Souther... 2tellth... 2013/02/17 05:17:38
    Southern Man
    +2
    That is not true I was just as hard on Bush as I am on 0bama don't run mouth when you have no clue what the hell you are talking ... All thou that is what you do best ... Punk ass Libtard
  • 2tellth... Souther... 2013/02/17 05:49:15
    2tellthetruth
    you have no clue what the hell you are talking........

Stupid you gave me the clue........and don't go trying to flex up on somebody, sit your furry little ass down and take a pill, relax your blood presure before you explode. Save the drama for your mama........ Punk ass Libtard.......I'M NOT.
  • Souther... 2tellth... 2013/02/17 14:53:35
    Southern Man
    +2
    You have no clue ... You never did ... you never will ... You are in deed a punk ass Libtard and you always will be
  • 2tellth... Souther... 2013/02/20 06:55:11
    2tellthetruth
    IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO?
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2013/02/17 04:36:23
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    All true and so many more..
  • s2k 2013/02/17 03:31:29
    s2k
    As a moderate-conservative, I actually applaud Obie for a few of these. War on terror isn't patty cake.
  • In Love With Liberty 2013/02/17 02:29:11
    In Love With Liberty
    +3
    With all mainstream political parties, their supporters don't care about the policies themselves only who's enacting them. If it's not "my guy" I don't support it.

Republicans were quite when Bush enacted Medicare Part D and No Child Left Behind, and some were silent on TARP.

Democrats are silent whenever we mention Obama's drone strikes.
  • Mimosa 2013/02/17 02:11:11
    Mimosa
    +5
    I am a democrat. I am dissappointed in all of it. All of the promises not yet kept. But keep in mind, Bush implemented all of it, Obama keeps it going. So how the hell do you tell them apart?
    I am really disgusted that we still have TSA and the Patriot Act.
  • Souther... Mimosa 2013/02/17 05:19:16
    Southern Man
    +4
    I agree ... what makes me laugh is that 0bama makes Bush look good and that is no easy job
  • Mimosa Souther... 2013/02/17 14:00:56
    Mimosa
    it takes talent. LOL
  • joefj2 2013/02/17 02:05:23
    joefj2
    +2
    Plane and simple
  • GoDucks5 2013/02/17 02:02:48
    GoDucks5
    +9
    Liberals are hypocrites. Haven't you learned that?
  • Souther... GoDucks5 2013/02/17 02:03:55
    Southern Man
    +3
    Yes I have right here on SH .. lol

2014/09/23 08:21:43