55,772,015 Abortions in America Since Roe V Wade. Adolf Hitler and All Mass Eugenicist Would Be Proud, Nice Job Planned Parenthood.

Dan 2013/01/23 00:51:15
55,772,015 Abortions in America Since Roe v. Wade in 1973
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 1/18/13 1:13
The United States marks 40 years of legalized abortion in all fifty states at any time for any reason throughout pregnancy on January 22nd, the anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision. Since that time, there have been approximately 55,772,015 abortions that have destroyed the lives of unborn children.

An estimate published by the National Right to Life Committee this time in 2011 indicated there have been an estimated 54,559,615 abortions since the Supreme Court handed down its 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision allowing virtually unlimited abortions.

In the document, “Abortion Statistics: United States Data and Trends,” NRLC education director Dr. Randall K. O’Bannon estimates that there have been 54,559,615 abortions since 1973 based on data from both the Centers for Disease Control and the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, a former Planned Parenthood research arm. Guttmacher receives numbers directly from abortion centers themselves and is the prime source for more current figures because the Centers for Disease Control has never tabulated accurate numbers of abortions. The CDC relies on figures from state health departments, some of which rely on voluntary reporting — and it hasn’t had data from some states such as California and New Hampshire for more than a decade.

“Because of these different methods of data collection, GI has consistently obtained higher counts than the CDC. CDC researchers have admitted it probably undercounts the total number of abortions because reporting laws vary from state to state and some abortionists probably do not report or under-report the abortions they perform,” O’Bannon says.

The number means there are more than 3,300 abortions daily and 137 abortions per hour every hour in the United States. Translated another way, an abortion is done about every 30 seconds in the United States.

The analysis also found that the best estimate for the current number of annual abortions in the United States — involving both the surgical abortion procedure as well as the dangerous abortion drug RU 486 — is 1.2 million.

Adding another year of 1.2 million abortions to the 2011 total National Right to Life estimated based on Guttmacher and CDC figures, and America has seen 55,772.015 abortions since Roe v. Wade.

The number of total abortions in the United States overall is higher because some states, such as California, New York, and Colorado, legalized abortions prior to Roe. Those pre-Roe abortion figures are difficult to obtain — though some estimate at least one million abortions may have occurred in these states in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

The good news for pro-life advocates is that abortions are on the decline. Abortions fell five percent nationwide in 2009, according to the most recent information from the CDC, the biggest drop in 10 years.

The NRLC analysis shows abortion numbers rising in the 1970s and, in the 1980s, abortion eventually mainstreamed itself to the point that about 1.55 million abortions were done annually until the early 1990s. At that point, as crisis pregnancy centers began turning the corner with the use of ultrasounds, pro-life state legislation began to take hold and the Internet allowed the pro-life perspective to flourish, abortions began to decline. The partial-birth abortion ban and the use of 3-D and 4-D ultrasounds is also credited.

“After reaching a high of over 1.6 million in 1990, the number of abortions annually performed in the U.S. has dropped back to levels not seen since the late 1970s,” NRLC says.

The Guttmacher Institute’s most recent abortion figures, from 2005, confirm the downward trend from a high of 1.6 million abortions in 1990 to 1.2 million that year. Without any hard figures in the last few years, NRLC estimates the number of abortions from 2006 to today at the same rate of 1.2 million that GI reported.

To calculate the overall number of abortions, NRLC includes the hard figures from 1973-2005, the estimates for the last few years and also includes the Guttmacher Institute’s admission that its own figures are likely about three percent lower than the actual totals because of potential errors in reporting.

“Abortion has taken a terrible toll on America. We’ve now lost more than 54 million of our sons, daughters, friends, and neighbors and we are a much poorer nation for it,” O’Bannon said

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/01/18/55772015-abortions-in-amer...
“Over the past twenty years, however, we have seen that pro-life efforts can make a difference, as the number of abortions performed in the U.S. has declined from 1.6 million to 1.2 million a year. We’ve still a long way to go, obviously, but we see that pro-life legislation, education, and outreach can save and has saved hundreds of thousands of lives,” O’Bannon added. “Our task is great, but our cause is just.”

As abortions have declined, the number of surgical abortion centers has declined as well. According to Operation Rescue, in 1991, there were over 2,176 surgical abortion clinics in America. Today there are 663. Nearly 70% of all surgical abortion clinics have closed in that time.

• roxie 2013/01/23 09:49:10
    roxie
    +7
    Every Male in The World who Is Anti-Choice Should Get neutered
    Or Shut Up!

How about Shut Up and Mind Your Own Bussiness!

• Nicholas DeShane 2013/05/04 05:48:21
    Nicholas DeShane
    Woooo this was an awesome read, the posts I mean, read through all ten pages, I love witnessing arguments between overly sensitive imbalanced people trying to convince overly sensitive imbalanced people that they are wrong. Seeing fools waste their time and energy trying to use pseudo facts to prove the rightness or wrongness of a purely a moralistic debate that by nature cannot be adequately argued factually is hilarious. Oh an to the dude that kept comparing every one that disagreed with him to hitler, bravo dude bravo, there is nothing funnier then seeing the adamantly intolerant individual compare people to a war criminal, especially when the topic was abortion and cede war criminal was anti-abortion, classic and hilarious. Keep it up people I am in stitches, oh an ps respond if you like but I do not give a damn about abortion, not pro-choice, or pro-life, I just do not care one way or another, and will thusly not be dragged into troll war three.
  • Dan Nichola... 2013/05/06 03:05:29
    Dan
    Talk about waiting time. You accually read all the comments. Now that is hilarious.
  • Arizona1950 2013/01/27 15:02:59
    Arizona1950
    You are too idealistic ... there is a plan ... there is a reason ... but I do believe Mother Nature will have the final say on all of it ...

The following are 10 population control quotes which show that the elite truly believe that humans are a plague upon the earth and that a great culling is necessary...

1. UK Television Presenter Sir David Attenborough: "We are a plague on the Earth. It’s coming home to roost over the next 50 years or so. It’s not just climate change; it’s sheer space, places to grow food for this enormous horde. Either we limit our population growth or the natural world will do it for us, and the natural world is doing it for us right now"

2. Paul Ehrlich, a former science adviser to president George W. Bush and the author of "The Population Bomb": "To our minds, the fundamental cure, reducing the scale of the human enterprise (including the size of the population) to keep its aggregate consumption within the carrying capacity of Earth is obvious but too much neglected or denied"

3. Paul Ehrlich again, this time on the size of families: "Nobody, in my view, has the right to have 12 children or even three unless the second pregnancy is twins"

4. Dave Foreman, the co-founder of Earth First: "We humans have become a disease, the Humanpox."

5. CNN Foun...

5. CNN Founder Ted Turner: "A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal."

6. Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso about medical patients with serious illnesses: "You cannot sleep well when you think it’s all paid by the government. This won’t be solved unless you let them hurry up and die."

7. David Rockefeller: "The negative impact of population growth on all of our planetary ecosystems is becoming appallingly evident."

8. Environmental activist Roger Martin: "On a finite planet, the optimum population providing the best quality of life for all, is clearly much smaller than the maximum, permitting bare survival. The more we are, the less for each; fewer people mean better lives."

9. HBO personality Bill Maher: "I’m pro-choice, I’m for assisted suicide, I’m for regular suicide, I’m for whatever gets the freeway moving – that’s what I’m for. It’s too crowded, the planet is too crowded and we need to promote death."

10. MIT professor Penny Chisholm: "The real trick is, in terms of trying to level off at someplace lower than that 9 billion, is to get the birthrates in the developing countries to drop as fast as we can. And that will determine the level at which humans will level off on earth."

If you wish to read more ...

http://thetruthwins.com/archi...
  • Dan Arizona... 2013/01/27 15:13:18
  • Arizona... Dan 2013/01/27 15:15:49
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Nice ... but it would appear that they are winning. The original white race will be one of the past civilizations we are in the minority in our own country ... just like the American Indian.
  • sneekyfoot 2013/01/25 04:00:16
    sneekyfoot
    think of all those wasted stem cells
  • TerryAgee 2013/01/24 17:16:05
    TerryAgee
    Good for Planned Parenthood!
  • Dan TerryAgee 2013/01/24 21:53:29
    Dan
    Yesss, good for Hitler, Stalin and Mao also. But Planned Parenthood out done them all. Glad your proud!!
  • TerryAgee Dan 2013/01/25 16:00:50
  • Dan TerryAgee 2013/01/27 11:56:15
  • Swamp Wizard 2013/01/24 16:45:09
    Swamp Wizard
    +1
    Someone else without a birth canal complaining about abortion. Fun
  • Dan Swamp W... 2013/01/24 21:51:27
    Dan
    +1
    Arn't you proud of the Lefts acomplishments? More than all mass murderers of the last Century. What a record!!!
  • Swamp W... Dan 2013/01/25 17:28:54
    Swamp Wizard
    I'm fascinated by the new and refreshing argument you've brought to the abortion debate table
  • Dan Swamp W... 2013/01/27 11:55:37
    Dan
    Check this one out.

Margaret Sanger
  • Swamp W... Dan 2013/01/27 15:13:09
    Swamp Wizard
    Not persuasive at all
  • Dan Swamp W... 2013/01/28 00:27:56 (edited)
    Dan
    Didn't think it would be. I gave up trying to reason with a brainwashed sheople long ago. When yor Masters say you are to old to be of any benefit to society. You will gladly be left to die.
  • Swamp W... Dan 2013/01/28 06:22:24
    Swamp Wizard
    Try separating your arguments from your emotions
  • Dan Swamp W... 2013/01/28 10:48:40
    Dan
    Let's put it this way. Abortion is eugenics adopted by the Nazis. Also it is one step away from Euthanizing Old People.
  • Kookieless The Sexy Nihilis... 2013/01/24 15:47:36
  • Dan Kookiel... 2013/01/24 21:49:21
    Dan
    +1
    Well then, that mass shooting in Newtown was a good thing then, HUH? There should be more according to your logic.
  • bettyboop 2013/01/24 14:31:49
    bettyboop
    +2
    I ain't pointing fingers and I don't have all the answer. I had an abortion in 1987 after an IUD had grown into my uterus. Many tears have been shed since that decision. I honestly do not know what each woman, who decides to abort, is going through. I suspect for the majority of woman who have an abortion, the decision is not made lightly. In today's society where many children are viewed as burdens, not blessings, perhaps the little angels who were called home early, were indeed the lucky ones. I wonder what would happen to us, if we suddenly quit being so judgmental of each other, and instead offered each other encouragement and support? I really don't see things getting better until we stop hating on each other.
  • Bolrog bettyboop 2013/01/24 17:52:15
    Bolrog
    +1
    Well said and my prayers are with you.
  • bettyboop Bolrog 2013/01/25 13:19:46
    bettyboop
    +1
    Thank you for being so kind.
  • Bolrog bettyboop 2013/01/24 17:52:56
    Bolrog
    +1
    Here's the site for my World War Question that was Featured by Sodahead.
  • Dan bettyboop 2013/01/25 10:07:12
    Dan
    +1
    Sorry for your loss. This is about abortion on demand. This society has grown so sick and immoral. That a child is killed for convenience. In cases of saving the life of the Mother. That would be understandable.
  • bettyboop Dan 2013/01/25 13:25:02
    bettyboop
    Actually I think many women choose abortion because they feel desperate. I honestly cannot speak for every woman who has chosen this procedure. Indeed we have lost our morals, and it is just not women whom are to blame.
  • MentalGopher 2013/01/24 08:32:27
    MentalGopher
    +1
    As selfish as this is going to seem for me to say, this just makes me that much happier that I'm here to write this response.
  • topcat128 2013/01/24 01:21:32
    topcat128
    That much more than the 6 million Hilter murdered. 55.772,015
  • socokid 2013/01/23 21:49:16
    socokid
    +2
    LOL

Equating what Hitler did to human beings... human beings that can feel pain, that can miss a loved one, that can endure being herded and persecuted, stripped and beaten to death for nothing more than a belief or a color.... with the unfeeling, unaware growth the size of a strawberry (85% at this size or smaller) in another persons' body...

..is pure, unadulterated evil.

Lastly, if you want to ensure more abortions, then end Planned Parenthood. One of their main services is preventing unwanted pregnancies. It is in their name, for goodness sake. The founder of Planned Parenthood once wrote:

"no one can doubt that there are times when an abortion is justifiable but they will become unnecessary when care is taken to prevent conception. This is the only cure for abortions."
    - Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood

You would rather increase the need for abortions ANDhave more unwanted children born that all of us may now be spending a heck of a lot more supporting for the next 18 years? What of the 10's of thousand of poor kids sitting in orphanages in THIS country, right now?

As with many of these posts... I can only suspect it comes down to religious beliefs. To that end, I suggest not having an abortion if you are against it. Done.
  • bettyboop socokid 2013/01/24 14:48:57
    bettyboop
    I think your misinformed. There is scientific proof that babies do indeed feel pain during abortions.
    http://www.abortionfacts.com/...
  • Swamp W... bettyboop 2013/01/24 16:36:56
    Swamp Wizard
    +2
    So does every other living thing on this planet.
  • bettyboop Swamp W... 2013/01/25 13:25:48
    bettyboop
    Yes they do, and we should not willingly cause them pain.
  • Swamp W... bettyboop 2013/01/25 15:59:04
    Swamp Wizard
    +1
    Feeling pain shouldn't be a moral decider
  • socokid bettyboop 2013/01/25 16:39:33 (edited)
    socokid
    Wrong. That link is hysterical.

The first quote is from a religiously misinformed person from decades ago (Robert Shearin), that also happened to be the head of a pro Life organization in Minn.

The second case was nothing more than a quote from President Reagan... *sigh*... You have got to be kidding me.

The third quote was from someone named "Albert Iiley". Go ahead and do a google search for that name...

And then we get to Silent Scream... *face rub* ...one of the most thoroughly debunked videos of all time. That is not a joke. It was debunked with laughter a within weeks of it's release... almost 30 years ago. Reflexes, are not signs of pain. This is an example of people attempting to see thing that aren't there to fit their perceptions, and it is childish. We knew enough then to know Silent Scream was a farce, and we know FAR more about the process now. Suggesting we haven't, or couldn't in 30 years, would be ridiculous.

"Scientific research generally indicates that the fetus is incapable of feeling pain until at least the 24th week"

(Neonatal Perception)

80% of abortions occur before the end of week 10. Almost 90% before the end of week 12.

wikipedia orgwiki 80 abortions occur week 10 90 week 12
  • bettyboop socokid 2013/01/27 00:34:26
    bettyboop
    No one really knows what it feels like to be a fetus. "The neural pathways for pain may be traced from sensory receptors in the skin to sensory areas in the cerebral cortex of newborn infants. The density of nociceptive nerve endings in the skin of newborns is similar to or greater than that in adult skin.24 Cutaneous sensory receptors appear in the perioral area of the human fetus in the 7th week of gestation; they spread to the rest of the face, the palms of the hands, and the soles of the feet by the 11th week, to the trunk and proximal parts of the arms and legs by the 15th week".....etc. And this has been known since the 80's. I suggest you read the paper ( PAIN AND ITS EFFECTS IN THE HUMAN FETUS). It was written by Dr. Kanwaljeet J. S. Anand http://www.uthsc.edu/pediatri...
  • socokid bettyboop 2013/01/27 12:49:34
    socokid
    OMG... you scoured the internet for an outlier, while completely ignoring the consensus in the scientific community... and I am supposed to continue to take you seriously?

L O L bettyne

But, the nail in the coffin for your argument, comes from Anand himself:

Anand describes pain perception in fetuses as not an on/off switch but rather like a "dimmer switch" where perception gradually increases. He thinks 20 weeks is "a safe bet" for when it begins, though individuals differ."

Anand merely advocated for an earlier limit, and the possible use of anesthetics. Anand is not against abortion, either:

"If my daughter was raped on a date and became pregnant, of course I'm pro-choice," Anand said. "If my daughter is going steady with her boyfriend, she's 29 years old, and they broke up and she finds herself pregnant, of course I'm pro-life... Every situation is unique."

Most of the laws in the US limit abortions to around this time. And, did you miss my graph? 90% of abortions occur before the end of week 12. WELL before even your outliers suggestion. Many of the later term abortions are due to something going terribly wrong.
  • bettyboop socokid 2013/01/27 17:25:24
    bettyboop
    You need to reread my very first sentence! There may be scientist that speculate or assume, as you do, that the fetus does not feel pain, but they don't really know. Hell they use to circumcise infants without any type of pain medication and swear up and down the baby could not feel it, all the while the baby has had to be strapped down to a papoose board and is screaming so hard they are turning a mottled red! I am not assuming this, I saw it with my own eyes.
  • bettyboop bettyboop 2013/01/27 17:35:59
    bettyboop
    Take a deep breath: Believe it or not, scientists are not always right. We really put them up on a pedestal, though, don't we? We quote scientists as experts, buy things if they're "scientifically proven" to work better … but scientists are NOT always right. The history books are full of "scientific mistakes"!
  • gfreeman BN-0 2013/01/23 21:16:41
    gfreeman BN-0
    +3
    1 in 4 pregnancies end in a miscarriage, God is the best NAZI of all time! Of all time!
  • socokid gfreema... 2013/01/23 21:50:34
    socokid
    +2
    A life ending scourge like no other.

And yet, I still haven't seen any of those wrist bands for stopping this epidemic. Weird....

2014/11/01 01:58:48