35 Shocking Statistics That Prove That Things Have Gotten Worse In America, THANKS 0WEBAMA and LIBERALS.

marcuss LIBERALS ARE IDIOTS 2012/03/09 18:49:32

Most
Americans know that things used to be much better in the United States,
but they don’t have the facts and the figures to back that belief up.
Well, after reading the shocking statistics in this article nobody
should be left with any doubt that things have gotten worse in America.
There are less jobs, incomes are down, home values have plummeted,
poverty is up, consumer debt is way up, dependence of the government has
skyrocketed and government debt is totally out of control. Sadly, it
hasn’t really mattered which political party has had control over the
White House. Things have gotten worse under Obama, they got worse under
Bush, and they got worse under Clinton. We are in the midst of a
horrific long-term economic decline and the American people desperately
need to wake up.

The following are 35 shocking statistics that prove that things have gotten worse in America….

#1 Median household income in the United States is down 7.8 percent since December 2007 after adjusting for inflation.

#2 There are 5.6 million less jobs than there were when the last recession began back in late 2007.

#3 The U.S. government says that the number of Americans “not in the labor force” rose by 17.9 million between 2000 and 2011. During the entire decade of the 1980s, the number of Americans “not in the labor force” rose by only 1.7 million.

#4 In
2007, the unemployment rate for the 20 to 29 age bracket was about 6.5
percent. Today, the unemployment rate for that same age group is about 13 percent.

#5 In
2007, 73.2 percent of all young adults between the ages of 18 and 24
that were not enrolled in school had jobs. Today, that number has
declined to 65 percent.

#6 Back in the year 2000, more than 50 percent of all Americans teens had a job. This past summer, only 29.6% of all American teens had a job.

#7 When
Barack Obama entered the White House, the number of “long-term
unemployed workers” in the United States was approximately 2.6 million.
Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

#8 The average duration of unemployment in the United States is nearly three times as long as it was back in the year 2000.

#9 Back in 1950, more than 80 percent of all men in the United States had jobs. Today, less than 65 percent of all men in the United States have jobs.

#10 According
to the Obama administration, about 20 percent of all jobs in the United
States were manufacturing jobs back in the year 2000. Today, about 5 percent of all jobs in the United States are manufacturing jobs.

#11 Sadly, more than 56,000 manufacturing facilities in the United States have been shut down since 2001.

#12 Back in 1980, less than 30% of all jobs in the United States were low income jobs. Today, more than 40% of all jobs in the United States are low income jobs.

#13 The U.S. trade deficit with China during 2011 was 28 times larger than it was back in 1990.

#14 About twice as many new homes were sold in the United States in 1965 as are being sold today.

#15 Home prices in the 4th quarter of 2011 were four percent lower than they were during the 4th quarter of 2010. Overall, U.S. home prices are 34 percent lower than they were back at the peak of the housing bubble.

#16 The total value of household real estate in America has declined from $22.7 trillion in 2006 to $16.2 trillion today.

#17 At the end of 2011, 22.8 percent of
all homes in the United States with a mortgage were in negative
equity. That would have been unthinkable a decade or two ago.

#18 Total home mortgage debt in the United States is now about 5 times larger than it was just 20 years ago.

#19 Total consumer debt in the United States has increased by a whopping 1700% since 1971.

#20 Since the beginning of 2009, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has increased by more than90 percent.

#21 The number of children living in poverty in the state of California has increased by 30 percent since 2007.

#22 Back in the year 2000, 11.3% of all Americans were living in poverty. Today, 15.1% of all Americans are living in poverty.

#23 In November 2008, 30.8 million Americans were on food stamps. Today, 46.5 million Americans are on food stamps.

#24 The U.S. dollar has lost 96.2 percent of its value since 1900. You can thank the Federal Reserve system for that.

#25 In 1950, the United States was #1 in GDP per capita. Today, the United States is #13 in GDP per capita.

#26 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 49 percent of all Americans live in a home that receives direct monetary benefits from the federal government. Back in 1983, less than a third of all Americans lived in a home that received direct monetary benefits from the federal government.

#27 In 1980, government transfer payments accounted for just 11.7% of all income. Today, government transfer payments account for more than 18 percent of all income.

#28 Federal housing assistance increased by a whopping 42 percent between 2006 and 2010.

#29 Medicare spending increased by 138 percent between 1999 and 2010.

#30 Back in 1990, the federal government accounted for 32 percent of all health care spending in America. Today, that figure is up to 45 percent and it is projected to surpass 50 percent very shortly.

#31 Back in 1965, only one out of every 50 Americans was on Medicaid. Today, one out of every 6 Americans is on Medicaid, and things are about to get a whole lot worse. It is being projected that Obamacare will add 16 million more Americans to the Medicaid rolls.

#32 Right now, spending by the federal government accounts for about 24 percent of GDP. Back in 2001, it accounted for just 18 percent.

#33 In 2004, the U.S. government had a budget deficit of a little over 412 billion dollars. This year, the U.S. government will run a budget deficit of over 1.3 trillion dollars.

#34 In 2001, the U.S. national debt was less than 6 trillion dollars. Today, it is over 15 trillion dollars and it is increasing by about 150 million dollars every single hour.

#35 The U.S. national debt is now more than 22 times larger than it was when Jimmy Carter became president.

Unfortunately,
these shocking statistics just don’t fully capture the horrible pain
that many American families are having to endure in this economy.

A recent USA Today article told the sad story of one unemployed American named Jerome Greene….

Greene,
about to turn 50, worked for 16 years as an Oracle software developer,
most recently at a Pennsylvania company that made electronic components
for cars. When he was laid off in June 2008, the recession was just
taking hold, and he still had job interviews. By fall, with the economy
in free fall, his phone stopped ringing.

Greene hoped the downturn would be brief and he’d weather it with unemployment benefits.

But
the jobless rate hovered above 9% and Greene’s 99 weeks of unemployment
expired. He had trouble sleeping. Depression set in. Without health
insurance, he took precautions — carrying hand sanitizer and his own pen
when doing errands to avoid getting sick and having to pay $65 for a
doctor’s visit.

“There’s no room for error,” he says “There’s no extra money.”

Can you imagine going through all that?

Tonight
there are millions upon millions of Americans that will struggle to get
to sleep as they wrestle with their financial problems. It is easy to
feel as though you have failed when you can’t get a job and can’t
provide for your children. After years of fighting to turn things
around, it is hard not to fall into a state of depression.

Unfortunately, our leaders are not fixing any of the long-term problems that are systematically destroying the U.S. economy.

So things are going to get even worse in the years ahead.

Buckle up.

Read More: http://www.mrconservative.com/2012/03/2799-35-shoc...

• marcuss LIBERALS ARE IDIOTS 2012/03/09 18:58:24 (edited)
    Yes Things have gotten much harder for my family and friends.
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE IDIOTS
    +18
    Since the "RECOVERY SUMMER" that the 0WEbama administration lied about last year things have gotten worse. The prices of every single thing you buy has risen right along with gas prices.

• Erok 2012/03/17 09:01:30
    Erok
    +1
    Yep hard to argue with reality but I see a few of the obamanation sheeple have gone on a few rants a little while back....some things never change.
  • MR. 2012/03/16 07:15:56
    MR.
    +1
    Linus: "It's fair weather today, Charlie Brown." CB: "So where are all my friends?"
  • benvolio 2012/03/11 20:54:56
    benvolio
    +1
    Only brainless sheep believe things are better or are getting better!
  • claireaz1 2012/03/11 19:05:50
    claireaz1
    +1
    Thank you for the great insight as to what barry has done to our great country. And the demo's they still don't understand just how much damage this man has done.
  • urwutuis 2012/03/11 07:47:41 (edited)
  • NPC 2012/03/11 04:15:44
    NPC
    +2
    Personally, I am about the same as 2007. My company is off about 40% in revenues mostly sales. I have let go about 30% of my workers in all 5 companies mostly due to others not being employed and cannot purchase now. Rules, regulations and compliance has killed production and unless the SOB in the WH is fired, all of us are screwed for the next 4 years !
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/03/11 01:23:21 (edited)
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +3
    And the government claims that there is little to no inflation. However, they have left out food and energy, the two largest catagories of inflation. In three years the prices of food in my basket have almost trippled. Clothes for myself and my children have gotton ridiculous. What is cheap enough to buy, falls apart in a few washings. OH, and that Obamacare that was supposed to help with medical insurance costs, has almost trippled for my family in the last 3 years. My credit cards rates have almost doubled (dispite no late payments) since the credit card protection act went through that was also supposed to help us. Jobs are not coming back as the msm claims, and we still have small businesses closing. But the government and msm keeps trying to tell me things are getting better.
  • NPC Christi... 2012/03/11 04:16:36
    NPC
    +3
    The Democrats are still LIARS
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/03/10 23:51:18
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +3
    I have seen so many lives torn and wrecked because of Obama, his toadies and their Communist agenda. I'm sure everyone knows of at least a few of their family, close friends or childrens' classmates who have gone through this experiment in terror that the Left has put upon us. We must have accountability in November and a new POTUS.
  • Pricilla 2012/03/10 22:43:19 (edited)
    Pricilla
    +2
    Well, I had MORE MONEY in 2008 than 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Food has tripled where I live. Gas is almost $5.00 gallon. No jobs, unless you want to work for 2.95 hour plus tips and trust me people nowadays in my area don't tip for a chicken fried steak. We have 2 stores, 5 restaurants (so called) and then city workers who are lazy assed morons that won't do their job and so the police dept makes up for arresting anyone in sight for ANYTHING you can IMAGINE to pay for the county expenses and of course "their" salaries! It really sucks up here!

When I moved here in 2000 it was a really nice place. Every business was STILL in business, after 2008, probably half of business went belly up. Thanks BO & MO! you guys are my heros......

With relocating wolves and now moose to our wonderful state lands where these animals are NOT indengenous to and therefore shutting down our state lands to it's taxpayers is criminal!

We bought here for the reason of the state lands and resouces.
  • iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2012/03/10 21:56:06
    NO 0WEbama and the democrat majority in DC have made things better for all of...
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    +1
    Of course, I don't really think things are better.

However, the recession of last decade took about three years for recovery to pre-recession standards. When 2008 hit, I wasn't expecting, personally, to see even close to full recovery during the next term regardless of who was in the office.
  • marcuss... iamthem... 2012/03/10 22:11:57
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE IDIOTS
    +3
    He ran on a JOBS platform, He failed miserably.
  • iamthem... marcuss... 2012/03/10 23:03:05
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    Again...I don't think it would be possible to recover in one term in any case. 3 years for the last recession, much smaller.

And wasn't everyone running (and still running) on a jobs platform?
  • NPC marcuss... 2012/03/11 04:17:12
    NPC
    +2
    Minus 2,000,000 jobs so far in 3 years
  • cynsity 2012/03/10 21:26:56
    cynsity
    +2
    and THOSE "35 facts" do not mean CRAP... what we need is a government that understands these facts:

in 2008 we made 72k in 2012 we made 33k same jobs and including the addition of a small home business.

In 2008 I would take $1000 to the store and buy 6 months worth of grocieres in 2012 that smae $1000 bought less than 9 weeks worth of food same products

in 2008 $150 filled up 3 vehicals for a month one of tehm a truck in 2012 the same $150 only fills 2 economy cars for 2 weeks

No one in the public cares what poveraty rates are no one in the public cares about the median income in a home all they care about is that a gallon of gas and a gallon of milk cost the same. And they cost the same NOT because they are both hard to access natural resourse coming from hostial areas but because the government has to have it share. the government has to restrict goods and limit quanity so they can control who wins and who looses. IF we paid the REAL cost of milk (about 98c a gallon) then having to pay $4 a gallon gas wouldn't matter too much except for teh fact that the cost of oil impacts teh cost of everything else...
    +3
    Getting killed at the pump and grocery store
  • joe ramirez 2012/03/10 19:09:34
    joe ramirez
    +3
    Not surprising and yet you won't see the media reporting on this!
  • Murph 2012/03/10 17:43:48
    Murph
    +3
    The price of gas is a killer.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/10 17:24:54
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Most have suffered one way or another, thanks Obama, you deserve to be voted OUT!
  • Treasure ♥ijm♥ 2012/03/10 16:48:45
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +5
    I don't know how anyone can say things haven't gotten much harder for many American families since Obama took office. I know that it has really taken a toll for me and my family and many others I know. He has to go!
  • NPC Treasur... 2012/03/11 04:19:11
    NPC
    +1
    We had over 800,000 home foreclosures here in the U. S. in 2011. 1,00,000 miliion REO's will happen in 2012. All States that made cuts in 2010 and 2011 will make more cuts in 2012 to balance their State budget.
    +3
    Excellent post - this jerk must go
  • Elleryqueen 2012/03/10 15:14:55
    Elleryqueen
    +3
    It's obvious. No explanation needed since the problems are self explanatory.
  • westernslope~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/10 08:17:57
    westernslope~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    What's sad is the dependancy element of our society has grown under Obama's leadership.
  • Pricilla western... 2012/03/13 01:56:10
    Pricilla
    +1
    Exactly! Social Security Disability has grown 1/3 due to unemployment people saying that are depressed that unemployment only paid them all for 3 years of money so they are sad. Now they are getting more taxpayer monies for the rest of their stinking life!

You know back in the day unemployment ran out after 8 months. After that you DID WHAT YOU HAD TO (working any job) to put gas in your tank or food on the table! This is just awful! People back in the 70's felt "sad" too! Guess what, they got up and worked any job to feed their family and put gas in their tank. They didn't FEEL that anyone owed them anything!

Individual responsibility and loose morals have changed so much due to the "gimme" generation and Liberals that don't want to pay their taxes but want every conservative to pay for them and their cronies!!!!

Think about it, how many of BO's appointed people hadn't paid taxes? PuLEEsE, these were and ARE Criminals!!!!!!
  • Eddie 2012/03/10 05:28:00
    Eddie
    +3
    The truly sad thing is that these are most likely the "official" and sanitized numbers. The true numbers being felt by and dealt with by Americans everyday are much worse. Especially in some regions of the country.
  • doreen.k.gray 2012/03/10 05:12:05
    doreen.k.gray
    +4
    Stupidity run rampant and those who can't see the condition we're in will keep blaming everyone but the one who did the most damage
  • Boris D. 2012/03/10 04:57:52
    Boris D.
  • HOMBRE 2012/03/10 04:57:29
    HOMBRE
    +5
    Things still the same with the Dems. Listen to this old T.V. show

• Boris D. HOMBRE 2012/03/10 05:00:31
  • Pricilla HOMBRE 2012/03/10 23:03:25
    Pricilla
    +1
    It is the same! I wish we were back in the NPC days. We have the right to feel and say these things it just seems everyone is SO AFRAID to say anything nonPC it's ridiculous. I mean say it and so what they call us racist well guess what folks THEY ALREADY DO!!!!!
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/03/10 04:18:37
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +4
    For anyone to say things have not gotten worse since O-stupid took office proves they are under the influence! pure and simple!
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/03/10 03:59:51
    TruBluTopaz
    +7
    In the article it asks "can you imagine going through this?" And the answer is I am going through this. We went from middle class to one income nearly two years ago. My husband's industry has shut doors. Businesses have simply closed or stopped hiring. At 56, there are no calls back. So I cling to my job teaching, hoping to God that doesn't disappear tomorrow. We struggle to pay all our bills. We charge nothing. We don't travel. We have ten year old cars which we cannot afford to replace if they stop working. We don't have cable. We don't do manicures or massages or health clubs or any of the nonsense that appears common in our society. We have cell phones as a necessity, but we don't text and we don't have internet capability. And we are not alone. We know at least seven friends who are in the same boat within our small group. Because of the twin burdens of healthcare costs and additional taxation on small businesses, our lot and those of people like us will not change as long as Obama is in office. He must be voted out. We cannot afford him.
  • Pricilla TruBluT... 2012/03/10 23:17:59
    Pricilla
    His KENYA aunt has her hair and nails done weekly and on social security that the illegal has NEVER PAID A DIME into. SHE HAS HOUSING THAT IS PAID FOR BY THE TAXPAYERS IN THE USA that WE, Citizens don't get. HIS UNCLE, THE DRUNK DRIVER IS GETTING FREE ATTORNEYS, HOME AND MONEY TO GET DRUNK ON!!!!! BOTH HERE ILLEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT GET YOUR AND MINE MONEY TO LIVE OFF OF!!!! BO DOESN'T GIVE THEM MONEY TO LIVE, YOU AND I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KICK THEM ALL OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • TruBluT... Pricilla 2012/03/11 03:09:13
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    Every week I have kids coming to me telling me they can't afford to pay for supplies, the implication being that I am supposed to pay for them. Yet these same kids have expensive jeans, Iphones, Ipods, Ipads, new cars and manicures. So they have everything they want, they just don't have what they need.
  • Pricilla TruBluT... 2012/03/11 17:20:31 (edited)
    Pricilla
    +1
    Exactly! I can't imagine the monthly cost to have straight hair or have it plaited but little children are having this done on the taxpayers dime. They can't afford to pay the electricity, heat, rent, food but they sure can afford the "beauty shop"! The children in the WH have this monthly beauty shop cost too for "children" along with their ILLEGAL relatives living off the taxpayers dime. I remember having to work (pick strawberries, cucumbers, babysit, iron, etc) to buy my first pair of jeans and anything "extra" that I wanted. My parents provided school clothes, 2 pairs of shoes (one being tennis shoes) and underwear and socks for the school year. Anything extra we worked and paid for it ourselves. Nothing makes me more sick as to see 12 yo's (little children) with natural curly hair having it straightened to look less like their ethnicity that they scream that they are so "PROUD" of and that they have to hyphenate their ethnicity instead of just being a "American".
  • TruBluT... Pricilla 2012/03/11 21:09:59
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    It's worse than that. I've seen 14 year olds with tramp stamps-something that is blatantly illegal AND expensive which can only be done with parental consent. So it's once again that old discussion of Wants vs. Needs. And some of those on the take believe they are entitled to everything they want with government providing what they need.
  • Christi... TruBluT... 2012/03/11 01:27:27
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    My husband just got laid off from his teaching job. He will be out of work next fall. He has worked all of his life, and this is hurting him hard as a man, as well as the financial hardships.
  • TruBluT... Christi... 2012/03/11 03:10:49
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    I am so sorry. I hope his district is helping with outplacement. We've been treading water. My husband fixes up things and sells them for cash. It's a very serious issue for men as many of them have worked for so long that not working is killing their egos. Please seek help sooner rather than later.
  • NPC TruBluT... 2012/03/11 04:19:57
    NPC
    +1
    There is NO Fuc%ing RECOVERY !

2014/04/23 15:01:18