31 percent of Americans, many of whom are white evangelical men, believe that God is steering the United States economy. Why then did the Christian God curse the U.S. economy during the period when his own party was in power?

holyheretic 2012/06/14 11:20:01
The Christian God does not give a damn about the politics of the Party of God
Whether the idol is the boy death god or the antique war deity of Muhammad, they all war against science and progress - Soda Head Michael Steward
he shepherd always tries to persuade the sheep that their interests and his own are the same — Stendhal
I have another idea

Read More: http://holyheretics.blogspot.com/

• Templar 2012/06/14 14:35:16 (edited)
    I have another idea
    Templar
    +14
    The GOP can not claim to be the POG anymore since they nominated Romney. Now they are simply the party of money. True Christian Conservatives will have to vote for Virgil Goode and the Constitution Party.

virgil goode

constitutiom party

constitutiom party

• A Lionheart 2012/09/04 04:33:46
    A Lionheart
    +1
    I could get down with a "goddess of reason".
  • holyher... A Lionh... 2012/09/04 08:29:41
  • A Lionh... holyher... 2012/09/05 03:25:22
    A Lionheart
    +1
    I did! I said!

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. - Paine"
  • holyher... A Lionh... 2012/09/05 10:11:53
  • RobHom 2012/08/25 22:30:47
    I have another idea
    RobHom
    +1
    A whole lot of people are thoroughly delusional. If they "claim" to be Christians...they have completely forgotten the meaning of the word. They have effectively denied and ignored the Word of Christ.... and before you comment to denigrate His Word...read it and see if it does not make sense, would make life better, and serve society better.

Christ.....was a healer and teacher, besides being the Messiah.... But alas, so many who claim to follow Him....deny his truths!
  • holyher... RobHom 2012/08/26 00:21:45
  • RobHom holyher... 2012/08/26 16:10:04
    RobHom
    +1
    Its not nice to take people's words out of context..... I would appreciate it if you didn't do that.

But, that is a cute move....using southern baptists as deniers of Mormonism...... Particularly since they (SBC) despise everyone except themselves....and even then its known that they have enough internecine nonsense going on.....
  • holyher... RobHom 2012/08/28 03:15:13
  • RobHom holyher... 2012/08/28 17:06:21
    RobHom
    +1
    Hardly a "babe".... At the ripe young are of 62....I'm clearly out of the woods.

You took my words out of context. You may not be in agreement with people who believe in God....and that is your right, but you really should not use snippets of another person's opinions to justify yours.

I don't know how much you have read in the Bible...but I would suggest that you get your hands on a Catholic Bible... or go here: http://www.drbo.org/ Spend a little time reading the "books"....marked with an * (asterisk) They are the Apocrypha. Some are religious and others are pure common sense teaching.
  • holyher... RobHom 2012/08/29 07:29:58
  • goatman112003 2012/08/25 04:48:52
    I have another idea
    goatman112003
    +1
    Too many thieves near the money
  • holyher... goatman... 2012/08/25 06:13:25 (edited)
  • Osaka 2012/07/20 01:36:12
    I have another idea
    Osaka
    +1
    There are all kinds of people of different religions and sub-parties in both parties.

Why does everyone blame the economy on Bush?

Why does everyone believe a religion supports one party?
    Assuming that is like calling Benny Hinn, Muslim and Barack Obama, Arab.

I was once called a hypocrite just because I don't associate my self with the Liberal party and I am christian. He also called me childish just because I am a Moderate Independent. Though I've seen some pretty nasty things from both parties. I am around a lot of Liberal political media despite what people stereotype the city I live in. Those judgmental stereotypist Liberals would be surprised how many Liberals I know in real life that I actually value as friends. Sure they are more likely to bring up their political beliefs in real life than most Conservatives where I live, but hey thats what they choose.
  • holyher... Osaka 2012/07/30 07:05:39
  • Osaka holyher... 2012/07/31 02:19:15
    Osaka
    +2
    Just to say, Bush never has criticize Obama but Obama has criticized Bush. Obama has said it's Bush's fault so many times that you all have it stuck in your heads and that is all you believe. It's not all his fault.
  • holyher... Osaka 2012/07/31 09:10:58
  • Osaka holyher... 2012/08/01 02:29:41
    Osaka
    +1
    It wasn't his fault and from what I saw, democrats were too busy discriminating against him for his faith, maybe you're are a bigot since you called him white or you're one of those Liberals that pretend he's or she black and Obama is not racist. Complaining every conservative and republican is a white racist.

There was a lot of confusion in the new when he was in office. Also a ton of complaining on both sides. XP

Every president did something good in their term(s). Even if few saw it. I saw and still see a lot of good in Bush. Who knows, he probably, unlike Obama, would of probably have been able to fixed where he messed up. War would of ended anyway, about the same way. It just took longer than any of the Liberals think.
  • holyher... Osaka 2012/08/02 20:30:41 (edited)
  • holyher... Osaka 2012/08/14 11:58:20
  • Sissy Osaka 2012/08/13 11:39:27
    Sissy
    +1
    When all is said and done, Bush has been the "blame" for the plate the current President was handed four years ago Osaka. Look how long Clinton was blamed throughout Bush's mis-governing?

I am not saying that President Obama has done everything right. But it would have been so helpful would it not, had the Party of "No" rolled up their sleeves and went to work for the whole country instead of determining from day one to make him fail and not caring if the whole country failed with him?
  • Osaka Sissy 2012/08/13 21:39:25
    Osaka
    +1
    The are not determined to make him fail, if you ever check the side-effects of what drug he's trying to prescribe. They are saying no, for a reason. Most of what I see Obama doing, it looks like the economy is last on his to-do list. He's unsafely juggle the economy and social, etc. He should of dealt one, before the other.
  • Sissy Osaka 2012/08/14 11:57:10
    Sissy
    +1
    Then you must have missed the part(s) where Mitch McConnell said as much, ("Our main focus is to make him a one-term President") or heard of the meeting on innauguration day between the republican leaders where they said that every initiative he proposed was to be stonewalled and said "no" to (which they did, as well as fillibustered no less than 85 times Bill that would help get this country moving again). Why do you think that Congress has the lowest approval rating in modern history....less than 9%, and considering what they have not accomplished, I think that percentage is too high.

• Osaka Sissy 2012/08/15 01:10:30
    Osaka
    +1
    Thats because of what he is doing, he can actually destroy the economy faster and actually the socialistic things, that certain people demand for won't be any good if the economy is destroyed. Making a president a one termer, doesn't mean they are trying to "destroy" if he's still alive he will still get benefits.
  • Sissy Osaka 2012/08/15 12:59:25
    Sissy
    +1
    But they never gave him a chance Osaka. Had they done so, they would have gotten more of an ear. When you start to plot and plan the day he is innaugurated it simply shows that no matter what he did you would do everything in your power to stop him. Had we continued with the same policies as McCain was going to do, I would venture to say we would be in a far worse world-wide Depression than our parents and grandparents endured.
  • Osaka Sissy 2012/08/15 21:37:54
    Osaka
    +1
    True, he lost for a reason. Just to say, because the Republicans want him to be only one term. Liberals are calling it racism, when it is not. Even if he was white, it would be the same. The thing is, I think the Democrats tolerating Bush was a scheme to get their nominee in office, they knew. Pretty much how we got Obama. He broke the colour barrier which was a good thing but when African American Republicans try to run, it seems the democrats, supporters and media did everything to keep them out of the race because they are black and conservative, ergo racism. Though in a better economy Obama would of been better. We'll just have to see what happens. Last report I saw, both Politicians were avoiding the real issues. (-_-')
  • holyher... Osaka 2012/08/16 02:02:30
  • 8bitgonemad 2012/06/25 00:43:47
    I have another idea
    8bitgonemad
    +1
    Why would you suggest a god is in control of government and state. Question everything :)
  • holyher... 8bitgon... 2012/06/25 05:48:59
  • George 2012/06/20 16:03:03
    George
    +1
    The Republican Party has turned its back on God. Christians must vote for the Constitution Party this election.
    virgil goode
  • holyher... George 2012/06/20 18:25:58
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/06/19 22:51:50
    I have another idea
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    I would imagine that the Creator of the universe has better things to do with Their time than Worry about the Economy of the united states of America
    you are here  universe
    we live on one planet in a Galaxy that has hundreds of Billions of Solar systems that we live in a universe that has an Estimated 900 Billion Galaxies and the Creator has nothing better to do with thier time than mess with the united states Economy
    if anyone seriously believes that then they are an idiot
    the only thing screwing up the Econemy is not God or the Devil but People Greedy People who Want more Greed
    believes idiot screwing econemy god devil people greedy people greed
    This is what those people worship
    this is your god gif
  • holyher... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/06/19 23:02:59
  • Angela 2012/06/19 18:17:47
    Angela
    +2
    As a Christian, I do not care for the way you word this answer, but I agree with its sentiment. The Republicans are really evil, against Jesus and his teachings, and therefore against God.
  • Skeptikat Angela 2012/06/19 22:07:08
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Skeptikat 2012/06/19 22:53:23
  • Angela Skeptikat 2012/06/22 06:52:23 (edited)
    Angela
    +2
    I don't know. We should. We seem to leave it to the Humanist unbelievers like Faye Wattleton. They are rare in the black community.
    leave humanist unbelievers faye wattleton rare black community
    FAYE WATTLETON
  • holyher... Angela 2012/06/22 06:55:33
  • holyher... Angela 2012/06/19 22:43:36
  • Somkey the Hores 2012/06/18 02:46:32 (edited)
    I have another idea
    Somkey the Hores
    +1
    Politics are a STRICTLY HUMANISTIC construct.
  • holyher... Somkey ... 2012/06/18 03:02:55

2014/08/23 17:18:23