30 States have filed to Secede! Is your state one of them?

Drue-AFCL 2012/11/13 19:40:51

• Guru_T_Firefly 2012/11/13 19:50:05
    YES
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +19
    I'd like to say that my state was smart enough not to be one of these states, but I live in Missouri where dumb and conservative walk hand in hand.

• JustMe 2012/11/19 18:19:33
    YES
    JustMe
    Hopefully some good comes from it
  • No One 2012/11/19 15:49:30
    YES
    No One
    Yes unfortunately it is. I do hope it fails to secede as well so that I can move without a passport if I want to.
  • Rebel geek. 2012/11/19 11:23:59
    NO
    Rebel geek.
    Umm if it does happen then richmond can be the confetrat capital AGAIn.
  • Cat 2012/11/19 05:12:32
    YES
    Cat
    +1
    sadly yes
  • Computer Reaction Guy 2012/11/15 22:42:10
    NO
    Computer Reaction Guy
    +1
    I live in NY, where most people in this state are not complete idiots unlike our cousins in the south...... To the butthurt rednecks crying just because Obama won.... Be glad we saved you from being sold to China.
  • Groucho Marxist 2012/11/15 06:28:01
    NO
    Groucho Marxist
    +1
    Surprisingly, no. It's only a matter of time, though. I'm surrounded by TeaBagger Krackers.
  • Compute... Groucho... 2012/11/17 22:05:04
    Computer Reaction Guy
    +1
    Wow... It must be frustrating to be surrounded by complete idiots.
  • Groucho... Compute... 2012/11/18 07:39:46
    Groucho Marxist
    +1
    I enjoy driving around town sporting one of only a dozen Obama stickers on my car. Drives the knuckle-dragging "Bush-Cheney '04" sticker crowd totally bananas.
  • Compute... Groucho... 2012/11/18 18:25:55
    Computer Reaction Guy
    LOL, that's epic. Have the primitive Americans thrown rocks at your car windows?
  • Delete 2012/11/15 05:20:26
  • senvestoj 2012/11/15 04:50:59
    YES
    senvestoj
    +2
    The US would look awful funny without it's penis! (Sorry, I couldn't resist)
  • Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy 2012/11/14 23:36:28
    YES
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +2
    This is a quote from DeeDee: "
    If CONGRESS (aka the Legislative branch of the govt) fails the people -- the rule of law will be completely and hopelessly lost to the will of the Executive branch -- which is what our Founding Fathers intended to avoid -- a totalitarian regime."
    And it is 100% true!
    This is why these states are doing what they are doing. Someone HAS to speak up and say there is no ********* WAY we are going to be dictated to by one person who thinks he is God.
  • yogiOK 2012/11/14 18:05:32
    YES
    yogiOK
    +1
    Yes it is, although I see this accomplishing very little, unless the State Governments get involved in the process. Would that then mean that we would pay NO Federal taxes, but with somewhat larger State taxes? What about the military? I like the idea, but primarily to take the power away from The Fed.
  • DeeDee 2012/11/14 18:01:23
    YES
    DeeDee
    +1
    With citizens in ALL 50 STATES now joining in this symbolic (for the moment) scream of "We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more!" -- those in power had better take heed.

A peaceful resolution would obviously be preferable in a perfect world. But this is an imperfect world; And the U.S. is not India nor has any Ghandi-like figure yet emerged to lead the way. It is ESSENTIAL that CONGRESS step up to the plate and do their job; CONGRESS must decide if they are merely "presidential puppets" who will be silenced by executive orders -- or if they will lead by representing the will of the people they are there to represent.

If CONGRESS (aka the Legislative branch of the govt) fails the people -- the rule of law will be completely and hopelessly lost to the will of the Executive branch -- which is what our Founding Fathers intended to avoid -- a totalitarian regime.
  • Magus BN-0 DeeDee 2012/11/15 00:02:56
    Magus BN-0
    What you fail to grasp is that the signatories of these petitions are a tiny minority in all 50 states.
  • Groucho... DeeDee 2012/11/15 06:35:56
    Groucho Marxist
    +1
    A peaceful resolution? Are you threatening violence? From a loud-mouthed minority of whining sore losers? Did "liberals" threaten to secede when Bush was elected? Or elected to his second term? No. Why? Because we respect the rule of law and the Constitution and believe our system still works. But then there's some like yourself who simply can't fathom that your opinions may just very well be out of step with the rest of the country. Well, they are.

YOU LOST. GET OVER IT. DON'T LIKE THE SYSTEM? MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.

Here's your flag.

works simply fathom opinions step rest country lost country flag
  • DeeDee Groucho... 2012/11/15 13:13:53 (edited)
    DeeDee
    I threatened nothing and fully respect our Constitutional rule of law. Which is why I said, and will say again:

It is ESSENTIAL that CONGRESS step up to the plate and do their job; CONGRESS must decide if they are merely "presidential puppets" who will be silenced by executive orders -- or if they will lead by representing the will of the people they are there to represent.

• Groucho... DeeDee 2012/11/18 07:41:12
    Groucho Marxist
    "... a peaceful resolution would obviously be preferable..."

Yeah, you weren't suggesting the use of violence at all.
  • DeeDee Groucho... 2012/11/18 13:15:46
    DeeDee
    I'll say again: NO. I was NOT SUGGESTING USE OF VIOLENCE.

There are however as everyone knows many in this country that WOULD. I therefore pray it does not deteriorate to that. Which is why it is ESSENTIAL that CONGRESS step up to the plate and do their job; CONGRESS must decide if they are merely "presidential puppets" who will be silenced by executive orders -- or if they will lead by representing the will of the people they are there to represent.

• Lonzo 2012/11/14 14:36:33
    YES
    Lonzo
    +1
    Antidote: recite the pledge of allegiance.
  • timothy.hill.14 2012/11/14 14:25:53
    NO
    timothy.hill.14
    +2
    Of course not. WA is too full of idiot liberal hipster morons who look like they haven't washed their hair this month and wreak of patchouli. (WA sodahead friends excepted of course)
  • Pete 2012/11/14 10:20:20
    NO
    Pete
    Wait a minute! The "states" haven't voted to secede! Petitions have been sent to the "We the People" Web site at the White House, signed by a relatively small number of citizens in the 38 - 40 states. The "We the People" service requires that a petition must have at least 25,000 signatures before the petition will be considered by the administration. In most states, only the minimum of 25,000 or slightly more have signed the petition. In Louisiana, for example, I think about 30000 signed the petition. These petitions are not in any way representing an official notification of secession by the states involved. And 25,000 to 30,000 represents a very small percentage of the population of most states. This movement could have a good effect if it causes the administration to act on the demands of the people that wild spending and tax hikes must end. But for an actual secession to be authorized, I'm sure there would have to be a vote in each state for all of the citizens of that state to approve or reject the idea of recession. Secession won't happen because 25,000 people are asking for it. In Texas, for example, Gov. Perry has stated he is against it.
  • senvestoj Pete 2012/11/15 04:56:59
    senvestoj
    Are you forgetting the little constitutional crisis we like to call the Civil War that pretty much makes secession illegal? A real declaration of secession would result in another civil war. This is merely a symbolic gesture in the hopes that the administration will stop governing irresponsibly.
  • NUCKLEDRAGGER 2012/11/14 10:04:05
    YES
    NUCKLEDRAGGER
    I think the idiots who filed for California should move to Texas, there is no way the people of California will vote to leave the High taxes, over Regulations and soon to be low quality healthcare of the Obama Administration.
  • jack_kazim 2012/11/14 07:48:31
  • AL 2012/11/14 07:40:09
    YES
    AL
    +1
    Believe it or not, even liberal crazy Oregon is on the list now!
  • Transquesta 2012/11/14 07:35:38
    YES
    Transquesta
    +2
    FYI, folks, none of these states have 'officially' done anything. This is an effort of protest on the part of citizens who (rightly) feel they've been disenfranchised.
  • Jenn 2012/11/14 07:26:02
    YES
    Jenn
    +2
    Only an idiot would want to live under communism..
  • AL Jenn 2012/11/14 07:42:42
    AL
    There for the 30 plus state petition
  • Jenn AL 2012/11/14 08:22:42
    Jenn
    Last I heard there were 34..Have you heard what they said ? That it could be done.
  • AL Jenn 2012/11/14 08:54:29
    AL
    its 36 now and still growing in fact!
  • Jenn AL 2012/11/14 11:10:13 (edited)
    Jenn
    Thats great,my state is in the number and thats fine with me.! My state has a majority of republican voters anyway.and people here are just plain fed up with this guy..A lot of people here voted for him in 08,till they seen what he was pushing..
    Is your state in it..I will not ask you which one..
  • AL Jenn 2012/11/14 08:57:39
    AL
    +1
    Yes it can, because Obama is using powers not given to him under the constitution, He is using U.N. international laws now -instead of our own Constitution
  • Jenn AL 2012/11/14 11:20:07
    Jenn
    That is so true about using the UN laws here and it will get much worse.Thats what we will be dealing with from now on under this president..I do not trust this man,and I have definitely had enough of a president that has all ready trashed our constitution many times and pushing Obamacare down our throats which is a violation,and can you believe how they were able to ram it through by calling it a tax..I've had enough of my constitutional rights being violated.I am not going to give up my freedom without a fight..Next they will be coming after our guns..again violating our constitutional rights..This president has no soul..oh yes,I forgot he thinks he's God's equal, so he thinks he doesn't need one.
  • redhorse29 2012/11/14 07:26:01
    YES
    redhorse29
    According to the list provide in the link - yes. I don't for a minute think enough time has transpired to achieve the required number of signatures to qualify for succession. Since California is hugely dependent on federal aide to prevent it from going bankrupt being on the list has little to no credibility.
  • NUCKLED... redhorse29 2012/11/14 10:09:41
    NUCKLEDRAGGER
    Also having the highest illegal population who depend on the Federal mandates to help send their kids to school and give them free healthcare.
  • JJ Rage 2012/11/14 06:10:24
    YES
    JJ Rage
    Oklahoma will be the new capital, lol.
  • GoDucks5 2012/11/14 05:29:03
    YES
    GoDucks5
    I can't believe Oregon is one of them. Well Eastern Oregon is conservative.
  • NUCKLED... GoDucks5 2012/11/14 10:14:34
    NUCKLEDRAGGER
    What about the State of Jefferson? Now might be their chance to get the notice they have wanted for years..
  • atomikmom 2012/11/14 05:06:03
    NO
    atomikmom
    Not the State i live in!!! and that's Washington State!!. Our government is acting like a bunch of Spoiled Brat kids!!! they fight like Cats and Dogs, breaking up the only home, that we all worked so hard to build and to protect. I am so ashamed of this government,and what it is doing to it's people both left and right, is this what impression we want to give our next generation? HUH!!!?

2014/10/02 08:49:05