3 minutes and 10 seconds that is sure to enrage Republicans

Deviant 2011/04/18 16:18:00
Lies, it's all lies
Makes sense to me
try watching the video, it makes a lot of "Common Sense".

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ9hVMN8UMY&feature...

• lrb 2011/04/18 16:34:11
    Lies, it's all lies
    lrb
    +10
    The GOP were pretty clueless on how they went about addressing the budget problem with superficial cuts. What we need is an amputation to save the patients life and the GOP cuts wouldn't amount to hardly a scratch.

That said this ignoramus in the video is even more clueless. We can't pay for our current level of expenditures with taxing the rich and corporations. It's just not possible. We have to make drastic cuts. And Welfare and entitlements will have to be drastically reduced and/or eliminated. The same is true for the military. We can afford to be fighting the 3 wars that we are involved in now. We need to immediately get out of those and bring out troops home. We need to close most foreign bases and greatly reduce to bare minimum maintainability and that we do keep.

But the most important move that we need is to start taxing the poor. Right now most people who are poor don't pay taxes and instead receive more from the government that they pay in. This has to stop. We need to implement a flat tax where everyone, rich or poor is taxed the same %. The rich pay more because they make more and the poor pay less because they make less. But everyone pays. This is key, so when politicians promise entitlement to buy votes, the people know that they will have to pay for those entitlements not just some rich guys. This instill accountability, which is severely lacking.

• CaliGurl 2011/04/20 01:24:08
    Makes sense to me
    CaliGurl
    +2
    There are NO lies in that video. That was all factual and makes perfect sense. Calling that information wrong is being ignorant to the truth.
  • Sinpac 2011/04/20 01:09:11
    Makes sense to me
    Sinpac
    +3
    True all true!!
  • unicorn_lady1 2011/04/19 20:41:52
    Lies, it's all lies
    unicorn_lady1
    +1
    A perfect example of lies. If you take the time to understand each part and research you will see it for yourself. I have yet to figure out if people are incapable of their own research, or if they are too lazy.

I just know that I gave up trying to explain things to people. It is all out there if you know how to research and you are looking for truth and not an ideology.

Leave the agendas behind, the truth has no agenda.
  • Wolfman 2011/04/19 07:16:57
    Lies, it's all lies
    Wolfman
    +1
    I couldn't finish it. Too many lies.
  • Matt M 2011/04/19 05:14:50
    Lies, it's all lies
    Matt  M
    +3
    What is correct is that Big Bird is chump change. However, he still needs to be turned into next year's thanksgiving dinner because we are developing this permanent underclass of uselss human beings, cared for craddle to grave by people like me, againist my will and with my money.

The fiscal problems come down to eradicating social security and medicare. If we cannot to that, we will collapse.
  • aro 2011/04/19 04:58:55
    Lies, it's all lies
    aro
    +3
    So he attacks Obama's friends at GE, and says spending isn't the problem. We just aren't taxing people enough. And his quote about Medicare is misleading. Paul Ryan's plan for medicare looks eerily like Obamacare, but since it come from a Republican it must be evil and out to hurt the elderly and the poor. We do need more drastic cuts to the budget than was presented by either party. Military cuts and ends to the wars (Obama needs to think before engaging us into anymore wars with countries that pose no threat to the US), cuts in foreign aid, and cuts to entitlements. Even if they actually cut $38 billion from the deficit, which they didn't, compared to $1.6 trillion that is a joke. It's time for the partisanship to stop and for congress to save this country before we drown in debt. Or they can keep nickel and dime-ing and then the government will need government assistance. And that government is China.
  • Eric aro 2011/04/19 07:36:05
    Eric
    +2
    Isn't that the weirdest thing? Ryan seems to be suggesting "Obamacare" replace Medicare and all of a sudden Democrats are against Obamacare. As a 60 yr old, I am rather scared about losing my insurance and having to rely on Medicare doctors.
    And the idea of ending two wars is bizarre. On the campaign trail, Obama talked about ending the Iraq war in a year and getting out of Afghanistan. So in 2010, more Americans died in those wars than in Bush's last year, and Americans are still dying in Iraq 9 months after his end of all combat operations (6 so far this month). And Obama adds a third war. The guy is amazing. How does he sleep?
  • aro Eric 2011/04/19 14:40:32
    aro
    +1
    Medicare and Social Security are both government run insurance programs that working people pay into with every paycheck check they earn in between the time they start working and the time they can't work anymore.

programs working people pay paycheck check earn working work breakdown of how taxes are spent

It makes you wonder how they expected to keep the public option portion of Obamacare above board when this government has already run two taxpayer funded insurance plans into the ground. Especially when you consider that over 30% of money collected by the government is supposed to be for funding of these two insurance programs.

As for Obama sleeping, I think he is a compulsive liar. He probably sleeps just fine. If he had kept his word on some of his promises I might actually respect the man, even if I didn't agree with him. But I don't have that problem. His administration now wants to detain people at Gitmo indefinitely without trial, he has extended the Patriot Act, and that transparency he promised is no where to be seen. But I'm sure he sleeps like a baby.
  • unicorn... Eric 2011/04/19 20:26:16
    unicorn_lady1
    Forget Obama....
    How do his followers sleep, is my question?
  • Deviant unicorn... 2011/04/19 20:43:45
    Deviant
    +2
    In the absence of true leadership (of which this country hasn't seen since Kennedy) the people will listen to whomever is talking, regardless of content.
  • unicorn... Deviant 2011/04/19 21:39:01
    unicorn_lady1
    So it is more a case of let the best talker lead? How pathetically sad. How do you teach people to think for themselves? I have never been a follower, so it really is hard for me to understand the mentality that waits for someone to tell them what to think. :(
  • Deviant unicorn... 2011/04/19 21:47:09
    Deviant
    +2
    It is terribly sad dear unicorn. I wish things were more progressive when it comes to free thinking but alas, according to what I read on this site when I'm here..that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • La 2011/04/19 04:20:42
    Makes sense to me
    La
    Seems fairly well established that the wars are too expensive for you. Ahem....get out of them? Maybe perfunctorily help out Libya, but France/UN are doing most of the donkeywork there anyway.
  • Wolfman La 2011/04/19 07:18:51
    Wolfman
    +1
    Are they. I'm counting 173 cruise missiles at $1M a pop.
  • Eric 2011/04/19 02:24:11
    Lies, it's all lies
    Eric
    +1
    Typical political BS.
    Hopefully the adults in both parties will come up with something, as they did in the Debt Commission.
    Lies, it's all lies
    +2
    I guess he forgot the Democrats have been wildly involved in all this crap
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2011/04/19 01:57:47
    Makes sense to me
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +1
    Doesn't matter how clear you make it,repugs will not listen.
  • Eric CAROLYN... 2011/04/19 02:27:24
    Eric
    +3
    So, you think that the $70 billion cost of the tax cut for the rich will solve the problem of $1.5 trillion annual deficits?

So, you think that Obama, who paid for Affordable Health Care by cutting $450 billion from Medicare and who just added another $480 billion in cuts to Medicare is the good guy here?

No need to answer since I know the answer from you is "yes"
  • UGH...L... Eric 2011/04/19 03:33:14
    UGH...LIBS ~ PWCM ~ JLA ~
    +1
    Doesn't matter how clear you make it, libs will not listen.

Not until they bring down the whole economy.
  • UGH...L... CAROLYN... 2011/04/19 03:30:59
    UGH...LIBS ~ PWCM ~ JLA ~
    +1
    Does that tightly clenched fist symbolize SEIU's determination to hang on to every penny paid to overcompensated public (dis)service union members?

They're as bad as undertaxed billionaires.

And there are a lot more of them.
  • Eric UGH...L... 2011/04/19 07:09:54
    Eric
    +3
    Isn't that tightly clenched fist shaped like Wisconsin the most obscene thing in this world? OK, that is a little hyperbole. But these people, who make way more than the average worker and who will retire with million dollar pensions, acting like some "power to the people", "long live the revolution" crap is just obscene.
    And the worse part is that they don't even understand how good they have it. They seem to be too dumb. A pension that gives you $50,000/yr for life, with cost of living raises, starting at age 60 would cost about $1 million.
  • bpf 2011/04/19 00:43:41
    Lies, it's all lies
    bpf
    +3
    Looks like big (fat) Mike isn't starving, this clown sounds like he has the left-wing script out and his strings are being pulled by Obama & Georgie Soros. If this clown looked at the CBO numbers debt went from 460 Billion in 2006 /07 to 1.4 Trillion after the Democrats took over the House & Senate and forced the TARP through President Bush to blame due to the that fact he did not veto the bill. So keep drinking your kool-aid.
  • Farnsworth 2011/04/19 00:38:01
  • LesWaggoner BN 1 2011/04/19 00:21:10
    Makes sense to me
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +2
    While we spend billions on corporate subsidies, foreign aid for military assistance and defense the Republicans are concerned with cutting millions in social programs.

Whoever thinks these are lies is an economic illiterate.
  • Ken LesWagg... 2011/04/19 02:24:37
    +1
    and who was responsible for a great deal of these subsidies? The Democrats led by Obama, Pelosi and Reid.
  • LesWagg... Ken 2011/04/20 00:52:41
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +1
    I don't think they were in congress when this all began in the 1970's when it was Agnew, Ford and Rockefeller.
    Did you know that Alzheimers causes long term memory loss?
  • Ken LesWagg... 2011/04/20 15:15:06
    This might help you realize you are wrong, check out control of Congress during the 70's. Facts don't lie.

http://www.dflorig.com/partyc...
  • LesWagg... Ken 2011/04/21 04:08:58
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +1
    You are being pretty one sided in blaming only Democrats for having their hands out under the table waiting to have them filled with lobby and corporate cash for their pockets, their favorite charities and war chest donations. It isn't aout leadership or who is or is not in control.
    Thay are all crooked and you know it.
  • Ken LesWagg... 2011/04/21 22:43:39
    I sure do, all of them.
  • santanasmooth 2011/04/18 21:35:53 (edited)
    Makes sense to me
    santanasmooth
    +4
    So if you cut the Bush tax cuts out you gain 70 billion if you stop two wars you save a trillion? This guy is pretty smart, I don't think the rep. can grasp the concept. The are Blind and Have Closed their ears
  • Frank B... santana... 2011/04/18 21:37:23
    Frank Butler
    +2
    This will send the Repugs into a tali spin and Obama into his 2nd term!
    send repugs tali spin obama 2nd term trump obama
  • Selketskiss 2011/04/18 20:48:04
    Lies, it's all lies
    Selketskiss
    +5
    Moveon.org please I believe nothing from them ever.
  • Deviant Selkets... 2011/04/18 20:49:31
    Deviant
    +3
    Please, never single something out exclusively. If I can do it you can too.
  • Selkets... Deviant 2011/04/18 20:55:31 (edited)
    Selketskiss
    +2
    Ok I will give you that but sorry I neither listen to the left or right newspapers, radio stations, tv stations nor internet crap.
  • Deviant Selkets... 2011/04/18 20:56:57
    Deviant
    +3
    Good, discernment is what we all need more of. Why is it so difficult for people to make their own choices rather than follow the flock to the slaughter?

Good for you girl, you rock!!
  • Selkets... Deviant 2011/04/18 21:06:28
    Selketskiss
    +2
    I thought you were going to pick on me, thanks fot not doing so. As far as following the flock to the slaughter you and I agree 100% as I have been a lone wolf since I was 5 and to old to change.
  • Deviant Selkets... 2011/04/18 21:10:35
  • Selkets... Deviant 2011/04/18 21:54:51
    Selketskiss
    +2
    I have a bumper sticker that reads
    Mean people suck Nice people swallow

oops did I type that... haa haa haa
  • Deviant Selkets... 2011/04/18 21:56:46
    Deviant
    +2
    Gotta love those bumper stickers
  • TerroRi... Selkets... 2011/04/19 11:23:18
    TerroRising~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I had that one once, too. Depending on where you're driving, the reactions can vary. Some not so pleassant!

2014/10/26 09:32:54