15 yr. OLD SCHOOL KID got an A+ for this written poem TOTALLY AWESOME entry!

Mr.Reasonable 2012/04/03 12:33:46
This kid got an A+ for this paper
BY A 15 yr. OLD SCHOOL KID
who got an A+ for this entry
(TOTALLY AWESOME)!
Since the Pledge of Allegiance
And
The Lord's Prayer
Are not allowed in most
Public schools anymore
Because the word 'God' is mentioned.....
A kid in Arizona wrote the attached
NEW School prayer:

"New Pledge of Allegiance"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.
If scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene..
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all..
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks...
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong..
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles..
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen
If you aren't ashamed to do this, Please pass this on..
Jesus said, 'If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father.'

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/american-pro...

• Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/04/16 03:53:40
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    Painfully accurate, I give it an A as well.
  • rightside 2012/04/16 02:13:48
    rightside
    +1
    Why do you think our country is in such disarray? Because we have ask God to stay out of our lives.
    Good poem.
  • "Shooter" ™ 2012/04/15 16:41:07
    "Shooter" ™
    +2
    Excellent and very well put!!!

hand five
  • ALPEAUX 2012/04/15 13:16:41
    ALPEAUX
    +4
    Great and wonderful. I will definately pass this on...Alpeaux
  • Bali 2012/04/15 12:30:22
    Bali
    +3
    keep praying and get a handgun to put in your pack son.
  • Chi~Cat Bali 2012/04/15 12:55:22 (edited)
    Chi~Cat
    +3
    You are so bad~ come on! lol~
  • Chi~Cat 2012/04/15 12:03:37
    Chi~Cat
    +3
    Right on, kiddo!
  • USC Gam... Chi~Cat 2012/04/15 12:41:22
    USC Gamecock fan
    +2
    This was so good I posted on facebook
  • Chi~Cat USC Gam... 2012/04/15 12:54:10
    Chi~Cat
    +3
    Oh, you totally rock! Awesome.

Happy Sunday!
  • USC Gam... Chi~Cat 2012/04/15 13:14:29
    USC Gamecock fan
    +2
    You make my day every day ....Happy Sunday my friend
  • Chi~Cat USC Gam... 2012/04/15 13:15:12
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/04/15 11:51:01
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2012/04/15 09:47:21
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +4
    Marvelous ! This youngster gives me hope for the future!
  • BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/15 09:44:40
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Outstanding,thanks for sharing this Mr R,one in the eye for the heathern lib/lefties assuming, of course their collective single brain cell could even begin to comprehend it
  • Heffeweizen 2012/04/15 09:20:47
    Heffeweizen
    +7
    Excellent!
  • MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +7
    WoWW that was just GREAT!!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • 10997 2012/04/13 14:01:52
    10997
    Honestly I see some truth in this but I do believe it's quite biased. Even as an atheist I believe that one should be free to express their faith in whatever way suits them, but I don't know how blind one has to be to see that this poem is incredibly right-wing.

I will admit that it's well written, although if I were him I would have either removed of revised the Senior King/Queen lines as they didn't rhyme too well and honestly ruined the poetic flow for me.

If anyone disagrees with me, I'd be happy to discuss it.
  • USC Gam... 10997 2012/04/15 12:43:11
    USC Gamecock fan
    +1
    Anyone can find fault in any thing. Look for the good and also the truth. It is possible the Queen was pregnant
  • 10997 USC Gam... 2012/04/17 08:32:03
    10997
    Are you asking me to give an entirely biased opinion? Acquiescing to such a request would be kind of detrimental to my integrity, sir..

Also, I never said that it's impossible for the prom queen to be pregnant. I just said I would have removed them because the rhyming is sketchy. That said, those lines are also kind of insulting to his fellow classmates that he has to be around until he's 18, and perhaps it was unwise of him to let them know that he thought so lowly of them.
  • USC Gam... 10997 2012/04/17 11:14:34
    USC Gamecock fan
    Your opinion is yours. some people always look for the bad and the faults and never smell the roses. Criticize and demean but only praise themselves.
  • Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/11 01:20:28
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +5
    Its a well written poem. The kid deserved an A whether you agree with his statements or not.
  • PBUTTERBOY77 2012/04/08 08:20:28
    PBUTTERBOY77
    +6
    May GOD BLESS this kid be it a he or a she. With any luck and the help of the good LORD. Maybe he or she might be President of this our great UNITED STATES of AMERICA. Got to be better then what we have now.
  • Soundstorm 2012/04/08 03:26:55
    Soundstorm
    +4
    Though I dared not to believe it I always somehow knew that a future generation of students would experience a time like this.
  • ☆Ed☆ 2012/04/08 02:52:00
    ☆Ed☆
    +6
    The student did an absolutely tremendous job!!! Isn't it a shame how TRUE it is!!!
  • Mr.Reas... ☆Ed☆ 2012/04/08 02:53:02
    Mr.Reasonable
    +3
    Thanks Ed!
  • ☆Ed☆ Mr.Reas... 2012/04/08 03:01:20
    ☆Ed☆
    +3
    You're very welcome!!!
  • Pele Emerging 2012/04/08 02:24:02
    Pele Emerging
    +3
    I am not sure where they don't or can't say the pledge, because in my state, they do in classrooms. It's expected.
  • USC Gam... Pele Em... 2012/04/15 13:22:48
    USC Gamecock fan
    +2
    In many states it is optional. They can live here and have the freedoms but do not have to Pledge Allegiance to the Flag. and cannot be forced to take part.
  • Pele Em... USC Gam... 2012/04/15 18:38:04
    Pele Emerging
    In my state, a student cannot be forced to say it. For example, Jehovah's Witness students have never said it from the time it was first introduced into the classroom over 50 years ago. The must stand repectfully, but they neither have to salute nor repeat the words. The pledge IS said, however.

Why would you want to force someone to take part? That's sort of what our country is about: We do have choices.
  • USC Gam... Pele Em... 2012/04/15 23:05:23
    USC Gamecock fan
    +2
    Personally. and this is my personal opinion anyone that lives in this United States of America, land of the Free and home of the Brave should have the Patriotic urge to stand and hold their hand over their heart and Pledge Allegiance to the Flag. Brave women and men have fought and died for this simple act of Allegiance. If you live under this flag and enjoy the freedoms then show respect for the flag that represents this country. We could be living under a different flag and cringing in terror for our lives
  • Pele Em... USC Gam... 2012/04/16 00:13:41
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Our forefathers were smart. They didn't want to have anyone forced the way they were forced. The pledge is words. It's not actions. It was written, interestingly enough, by a self-professed socialist. The under God part was added by McCarthy and his anti-communist groups to supposedly keep godless communists from infiltrating the country, though, of course, any communist spy would have had no problem pretending to say the pledge. The flag is a symbol. I've know an awful lot of people who waved the flag on every occasion who were not patriotic at all in actions.

Getting upset because people do not wave a flag or salute it is not disrespecting those whose serve. Actions and what a person does speaks far more clearly than standing up and saying a pledge to s SYMBOL of our country. When all is said and done, there are an awful lot of politicians out there who wear flag pins and salute at every opportunity, but their actions are not in the best interests of our country, they have never personally served, nor have any family members served. Amazing, isn't it? That seems more disrespectful to me than forcing a child to salute the flag because his or her parents tell them not to do it.
  • USC Gam... Pele Em... 2012/04/16 00:43:33
    USC Gamecock fan
    +1
    I still say the flag may be a symbol but it represents this Country and the freedom we have. Why do you think they placed flags on territory won in war and why do we salute the Colors. Maybe my patriotism is deeper than others. If they don't care about the allegiance to the flag do they have allegiance to the country. I doubt it. flag on Iwo Jima
  • Pele Em... USC Gam... 2012/04/16 01:55:25
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    It's funny how people can dig their heels in about things. Personally, I have no problem saying the pledge or saluting the flag. Not only that, I feel that particularly at school, I need to be an example. We used to have a weekly flag salute that was led by one of the older students (this was in place of the daily ones done in each classroom). I had no flag in the library, but it was right outside of an interior bank of windows in the library. I would stand and salute, even though I wasn't required to do it. Students generally weren't in the library at that time, but *I* knew. If someone was looking in my window, I felt it was important for me to do, too. Eventually, I even actually got a flag for the library.

Kids do what their parents tell them. These kids are told by their parents NOT to salute the flag. It would be wrong of me to force them over their parents' objections. The best I can do is be an example and also to show them how to love and serve their country. There are many things that they can do.
  • USC Gam... Pele Em... 2012/04/16 02:06:25
    USC Gamecock fan
    +1
    I understand completely your position. My daughter is in the same position as a teacher. They can't be forced to pledge or anything really. If the parents raise enough stink about the most trivial thing they are exempt
    I still say those who do not love this country enough to pledge allegiance to the flag then they need to be in some other country they really love rather than try to destroy what was built for us
  • spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +8
    I love that..........so true!!
  • Mamaknows 2012/04/08 01:16:55
    Mamaknows
    +7
    He did a great job!
  • Mel 2012/04/08 00:01:04
    Mel
    This kid obviously didn't know the religious views of the Founding fathers who were of the opinion that we should have separation of church and state. And in this prose, "nation under god" was not part of the original pledge. It was added in 1951
  • ☆Ed☆ Mel 2012/04/08 02:50:38
    ☆Ed☆
    +5
    Quite obviously, it is YOU that needs a history lesson!!!

Considering that the founding fathers had NO FEDERAL Department of Education, your ASININE claim about the separation of church and state being meant to include schools by our founding fathers is strictly rubbish!!!

http://federaleducationpolicy...

The first Department of Education was established on March 2, 1867 (14 Stat. 434).
  • Mel ☆Ed☆ 2012/04/08 05:04:45
    Mel
    +1
    I never typed that. A christians and all faiths are free to express themselves in student clubs, and any restriction of that would be illegal. So for christians to say they can't pray, carry bibles or meet as a group is rubbish
  • ☆Ed☆ Mel 2012/04/09 02:48:10
    ☆Ed☆
    +3
    The sanctimonious statement that YOU DID TYPE was, "This kid obviously didn't know the religious views of the Founding fathers who were of the opinion that we should have separation of church and state." And that was what I replied to!!!

2014/10/31 21:03:05