12 year old boy writes letter to Mitt Romney.

Q 2012/09/20 14:00:42
Jackson Ripley, a twelve year old boy from Colorado sent a letter to GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney concerning his contradicting statements concerning the ACA healthcare law citing his appearances on Meet The Press and the Tonight show. He also went on to address why Mitt Romney is struggling with women voters.

Here's his letter:

Dear Governor Romney,

I’d like to say congratulations on winning the republican nomination.
But, I wish you stayed in Massachusetts. You’re plan for America
isn’t what we need, and would hurt us more than it would help.

First, repealing Obama care and other health plans he’s put in place
have helped families across America, including mine. I live in a middle
class family, and two years ago my little sister; Kennedy was denied
insurance because of her pre-existing condition. This was a huge
emotional stress and financial burden on my entire family. Under Obama
Care, insurance companies can no longer deny Kennedy and kids like her,
the coverage they need and deserve. Because of Obama care my little
sister was able to have the several surgeries she needed that helped
save her life. Once the President was elected he put Obama Care into
action, just like he promised and made it so that you could get
insurance with pre-existing conditions. This has made a direct impact on
my family. My family is with out a doubt better off now, than we were
four years ago!

It is to my understanding that you stated that you were going to
repeal Obama Care, including the part I have mentioned, which will take
away the insurance we have and need for my sister Kennedy. Why do you
think she doesn’t deserve health care? Also, when you were interviewed
on “Meet the Press”, you stated that you would NOT repeal this part of
Obama Care, but then your campaign backpedalled and on the “Tonight show
with Jay Leno”, you said that you WOULD repeal this.

Also, you’re domestic plans (birth control, gay rights etc.) are
horrible! Women should get to manage their own health, and if you
wonder why you’re not appealing to many women voters, rethink your birth
control and women’s’ rights plans. And people should be able to marry
whom they want. We built this country so people could have freedom, and
not have religious beliefs control them to that length. This country
was in no way built on any religion, so we should not create laws that
repress the American people in a religious way and hurt our most
vulnerable.

Sincerely,

Jackson Ripley, age 12

http://www.inquisitr.com/337156/jackson-ripley-12-year-old-wr...

Read More: http://kdvr.com/2012/09/19/denver-12-year-old-to-r...

• Scalded Eagle 2012/09/20 16:57:05
    Scalded Eagle
    +37
    This smells just like the same old Libtard $hit. Once apon a time there was a 12 year old victim.......................!

• Nuke 2012/11/06 09:00:45
    Nuke
    I don't hear a 12 year old, I hear a manipulative liberal coaching liberal propaganda although most liberals do have the mindset of a 12 year old...
    This is a bogus letter. What 12 year old watches meet the press?! Junkmail.
  • joe keeney 2012/11/04 08:42:16
    joe keeney
    Well maybe we can get rid of those pesky child labor laws so he can get a job and help out. You don't have to pay kids as much less than China bring them jobs back here. After all he can write letters for news outlets to smear someone he can hold down a job.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/11/01 17:38:39 (edited)
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    Wonder how long it took Commie Mommie and Daddy to dictate it to him?
  • Rustie 2012/10/31 17:08:17
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2012/10/31 16:32:18
  • terrabytes 2012/10/31 16:05:19
  • Diamond Girl 2012/10/31 15:53:13 (edited)
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/10/31 15:01:16
  • Oaces_b... mk, Sma... 2012/10/31 15:35:47
  • mk, Sma... Oaces_b... 2012/11/02 02:16:17
  • Oaces_b... mk, Sma... 2012/11/02 07:16:54
  • clasact 2012/10/23 02:05:46
    clasact
    +2
    Doubt a 12 year old wrote that but at least the thinking was right
  • Oaces_b... clasact 2012/10/31 15:37:35
  • Racefish 2012/10/22 16:01:22
    Racefish
    +4
    I wonder who's been filing this kid's head full of crap.

"Because of Obama care my little
    action, "

It hasn't even gone into affect and this kid believes "Obamacare" saved his sister's life? That kid needs to be told the truth.
    I can't stand people who lie and those who lie to kids to achieve a political goal are even worse.
  • Q Racefish 2012/10/22 16:22:06
    Q
    +2
    Actually the ACA law is already being implemented in stages and his sister did benefit from it.
    http://www.healthcare.gov/law...
  • Racefish Q 2012/10/22 17:21:42
  • Q Racefish 2012/10/22 17:27:57
    Q
    +1
    Trentinfer's reply to you spelled it out.
  • Racefish Q 2012/10/22 17:32:17
    Racefish
    +5
    "2010: A new Patient’s Bill of Rights goes into effect, protecting consumers from the worst abuses of the insurance industry. Cost-free preventive services begin for many Americans.
    See More 2010 Changes.

2011: People with Medicare can get key preventive services for free, and also receive a 50% discount on brand-name drugs in the Medicare “donut hole.”
    See More 2011 Changes.

2012: Accountable Care Organizations and other programs help doctors and health care providers work together to deliver better care.
    See More 2012 Changes.

2014: All Americans will have access to affordable health insurance options. New Health Insurance Exchanges will allow individuals and small businesses to compare health plans on a level playing field. Middle and low-income families will get tax credits that cover a significant portion of the cost of coverage. And the Medicaid program will be expanded to cover more low-income Americans. All together, these reforms mean that millions of people who were previously uninsured will gain coverage, thanks to the Affordable Care Act.
    See More 2014 Changes"

Now, exactly what part of this was the "reason" his sister got help?
  • Q Racefish 2012/10/22 18:04:57
    Q
    While this portion of the act does not go into effect until 2014 - there is a legislative bridge that enables those with PEC to still get coverage:

"A Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) provides new coverage options to individuals who have been uninsured for at least six months because of a pre-existing condition. States have the option of running this new program in their state. If a state has chosen not to do so, a plan has been established by the Department of Health and Human Services in that state. This program serves as a bridge to 2014, when all discrimination against pre-existing conditions will be prohibited."
    http://www.democracynow.org/2...
  • Q Q 2012/10/22 18:17:21
    Q
    n March 2010, Congress passed the health care reform law, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The law created a temporary program until January 2014 that makes coverage available for individuals who have a pre-existing medical condition, have not had insurance for six months, and who are legal US residents.

This new program is called the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) and will be available throughout the country. In New York State, the PCIP plan is the NY Bridge Plan, administered by GHI, an EmblemHealth company.

PCIP plans will operate until the year 2014. At that time other provisions of health care reform will go into effect and state health benefit exchanges will be available for individuals to purchase coverage.
  • Racefish Q 2012/10/22 18:37:11
    Racefish
    +4
    But the "pre-existing" was two years ago. She was diagnosed at 4 weeks. There was no timetable as to when this care was given, nor was there any indication whether the "pre-existing" would have been allowed after a certain time period.
    Another thing that sounds really fishy, is the language and context this "12 year old" is supposedly using. I'd rather think it was written by his mother.

"You’re domestic plans (birth control, gay rights etc.) are horrible! Women should get to manage their own health, and if you wonder why you’re not appealing to many women voters, rethink your birth control and women’s’ rights plans. And people should be able to marry whom they want."

"My inspiration for the letter was basically my frustration. It was painful (and sometimes a little funny) to see all the people that blindly supporting [sic] Mitt Romney, and I felt like I should bring that to people's attention. I already knew that his plans for America would tear us apart, and would bring more harm than good to families like mine, so I had to make a stand. What he would do was unfair, and I wanted to say something about that."

Doesn't sound like any 12 year old I know. Besides, Romney has already stated that the "pre-existing" part of the law is one he's support.

"Next to my daughter's name in b...

"Next to my daughter's name in big black bold letters was the word DENIED. The reason: Dollar amount previously spent, number of hospitalizations within five years and the pre-existing condition, congestive heart failure. I knew they were going to deny Kennedy, but I wasn’t prepared for how angry and sick it would make me feel," Lindsay Ripley said. "Like the insurance companies were saying my daughter was trash, she didn’t matter, wasn’t worth the same the health care and coverage the rest of us enjoy. Our only option was to purchase Kennedy an expensive policy through an insurance company exclusively for people with pre-existing conditions. Although they accepted Kennedy and took our money each month, they refused to cover her pre-existing condition, or anything caused by it, which was almost everything."

This will be no different under the new law. There will be limitations on access, on re-hospitalizations, medications and more.
    Talk about buying a pig in a poke.
  • Q Racefish 2012/10/22 18:46:57
    Q
    +2
    He's a bright kid who educated himself on an issue that directly affects his family. Who cares if you don't know any twelve year old capable of writing such a letter, that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Mitt Romney says his health care plan covers pre-existing conditions.
    Politifact rated claim that as mostly false.
    politifact mostly false
    http://www.politifact.com/tru...
  • Racefish Q 2012/10/22 18:55:30
    Racefish
    +3
    They don't think so much of Obama's numbers either.

http://tinyurl.com/8mnpxvo
  • flaca BN-0 Racefish 2012/10/22 20:57:50
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    yes it has gone into effect: that specific provision. And so has the ability for parents to keep their college kids on their benefits until age 26. That is also already the law.
  • Racefish flaca BN-0 2012/10/24 17:23:55
    Racefish
    +1
    What I'd like to know is the timeline that pertinent to this letter. No one is giving me that.
  • Rustie Racefish 2012/10/31 17:11:07
    Rustie
    That's because it's been subtly altered ever since it was originally "written" to Andrew Garfield.
  • xcheshirecat 2012/10/22 15:23:11
    xcheshirecat
    +1
    it's not about a 12 yo victim, but about the fact that he is 12 and get things adults can't
  • Nuke xcheshi... 2012/11/06 09:08:12
    Nuke
    No because no 12 year old watches meet the press, the things in this letter stinks of coaching from incorrect talking points which goes to show you that you don't get what a lot of other people do.
  • xcheshi... Nuke 2012/11/06 15:38:09
    xcheshirecat
    So tell me what's wrong with that :
    "Also, you’re domestic plans (birth control, gay rights etc.) are
    vulnerable."
  • Nuke xcheshi... 2012/11/06 22:10:33
    Nuke
    the point is that a 12 year old did not write this, this is very much coached.
  • xcheshi... Nuke 2012/11/06 22:13:40
    xcheshirecat
    +1
    I was really interested in politics at 12, even if my father was the one leading me into the "sources", so yes 12 yo can have political opinions
  • Nuke xcheshi... 2012/11/07 05:41:43
    Nuke
    Not valid ones, especially with crackpot ones written in the letter.
  • xcheshi... Nuke 2012/11/07 13:45:30
    xcheshirecat
    So tell me what's wrong with that :
    vulnerable."
  • Nuke xcheshi... 2012/11/08 01:58:09
    Nuke
    If you don't already know no amount of explanation I provide will get you to understand...
  • xcheshi... Nuke 2012/11/08 15:13:23
    xcheshirecat
    if you see a problem with that, nothing good is happening in your brain
  • Nuke xcheshi... 2012/11/09 05:34:45
    Nuke
    No, if you don't see a problem with that nothing good is happening with your morality...
  • xcheshi... Nuke 2012/11/09 15:20:45
    xcheshirecat
    morally ? the biaised thing religious people can't validate with arguments ?

Your fictionnal book isn't the moral
  • Nuke xcheshi... 2012/11/10 01:03:34
    Nuke
    lol
    not sure meme
  • xcheshi... Nuke 2012/11/11 16:07:34
    xcheshirecat
    nah, you are religious, saying to someone he/she is stupid have no credibility
  • Nuke xcheshi... 2012/11/11 23:44:03

2014/12/19 21:45:48