12 Hellholes of what America will look like soon

Beccy 2012/07/18 01:08:08
Related Topics: America, Interesting
Very interesting article about what is happening to our cities

Read More: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/these-...

• kofp 2012/08/01 23:03:26 (edited)
    kofp
    +1
    America has devolved into a third-world banana republic. This is what you eventually get when greed and hedonism runs rampant in a nation, plus when you have a public that has no understanding about what it takes in order for money to have value. The day America was forced off the gold standard was the day America should have revolted since money no longer possessed real value! The system engineered Americans to be stupid, overly dependent and immoral for too long. The people on top systemically destroyed America and got rich off of it while they quietly dumbed down the public into servile dopes, many now haven't even a pot to piss in due to the elite's handling of the economy.
  • tooner259 2012/07/19 16:16:57
    tooner259
    +1
    kinda makes one feel like giving up,huh? Then what?
  • Beccy tooner259 2012/07/22 23:29:18
    +1
    I know but giving up is not the answer
  • tooner259 Beccy 2012/07/26 21:43:28
    tooner259
    +1
    I know.Ever see the show,"Life After People"?
  • Beccy tooner259 2012/07/26 22:41:01
    +1
    I watched it for a minute but found it scary
  • tooner259 Beccy 2012/07/28 16:06:01
    tooner259
    +1
    It`s worth watching.For whatever reason,people are gone and this is how long things last without any upkeep.
  • A Founding Father 2012/07/19 01:31:07
    A Founding Father
    +1
    WOW. How many of these were cities where Bain Capital bought up a "failing" company and resold it to China or India, or "outsourced" it's jobs? If not Bain, then which hedge fund bought the industries and resold them? Did you know that the source of financing for such was/is the pension funds and savings of those whose jobs will be lost? Isn't that ironic, that a hedge fund can borrow the money from a Union pension fund to buy a business or industry and move it to another place? We call this the "free market" economy,
    but we also know nothing is really "free" and we all pay a price for this madness. When it is all gone and no one has a job, who will we blame then?
  • Beccy A Found... 2012/07/19 01:34:33
    +1
    There are three really good books you might want to read. The Jungle by Upton Sinclair, Fast food Nation and Nicholed and Dimed. I agree with you.
  • A Found... Beccy 2012/07/19 01:38:53
    A Founding Father
    +1
    First time you have agreed with me about anything. I'm touched. Thank you.
  • Beccy A Found... 2012/07/19 01:41:03
    Your welcome.
  • A Founding Father 2012/07/18 07:45:03
    A Founding Father
    +1
    All cities, villages, towns crumble without sufficient economic activity to sustain the populations. I could list here a thousand, not just twelve. Government isn't to blame for
    these crumbling places, the "private sector" has found greater profits to be had by moving jobs elsewhere. Sometimes the small industries are just consolidated into a larger factory that must be located closer to a larger labor supply. Sometimes the local industries become obsolete and disappear. Sometimes a hedge fund like Bain Capital buys the industry and sells it to China or India, and the plant or business closes. Sometimes the youth move away and leave no labor force that is useful. There are many reasons, all are economics, little has to do with politics.

Government does impact cities and particular states, through it's procurement programs and Congressional "earmarks" that sustain or encourage certain businesses. The party in control of Congress and the White House can allocate huge amounts of money into states and areas from which they draw their support. Texas is a great example of a state that has prospered greatly ever since it became a vital source of "conservative" votes in the 1980 election. Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and other states that have not provided support for
    Repu...

Republican candidates have fared poorly in the past three decades, with industries moved away and little to no encouragement by Federal procurement.

President Obama has made an issue of rebuilding our infrastructure and small towns, but the House of Representatives has been in adjournment for the past year or two and little has been done with the proposals. Maybe next year will be better. But, until the selling of our industry is stopped, the decay and hopelessness will continue.
  • The Gov... A Found... 2012/07/19 03:49:43
  • A Found... The Gov... 2012/07/19 04:20:54
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Certainly labor unions and government have played roles in the demise of our industrial base. The key, however, is the word "profit" and "growth", as defined by the demands of Wall Street analysts and brokerages. They drive the ships, requiring even the largest and most profitable corporations to do more and better every quarter else be punished heavily by these who "make markets" in the stocks. That is the cancer within our system, that which eats away at the tissue of our society and draws the lifeblood of the nation to itself, just as surely as a tumor in the lungs or brain multiplies itself in similar manner.

No longer can a small corporation or business owner be content with producing a useful and wanted product and employ the local population, becoming a respected and worthy member of the community. A pharmacist is now an employee of Walgreen, a Doctor is now an employee of Wellpoint, the hospital is one of a hundred owned by a company from Memphis, the department store is just one of 3,000 owned by a corporation headquartered in London or Berlin. Corporatism has no relationship to the local communities or those who live there. The only relationship is with the brokerage and the Reagan Bank that arranges the financing.

Section Eight housing, by the way, is not a...

Section Eight housing, by the way, is not a big thing in suburbs, but primarily supports the urban ghettos and projects developed by large public corporations that have access to $Billion loans and can build thousands of units at a time, scraping away the urban blight and replacing it with "projects" that will become blight in a few years.
  • The Gov... A Found... 2012/07/20 01:35:46
  • Darkitec 2012/07/18 03:30:08
    Darkitec
    +1
    Sad article. I read this a few days ago. And it's not just large cities being abandoned, I recently traveled from Georgia to Kansas and back, It was so depressing to see all the small towns especially the many ghost towns of Illinois, that have succumbed because we've allowed the taxation, regulation, and other government interference to kill industry in this nation.
  • Beccy Darkitec 2012/07/19 00:34:33
    Please read The Jungle and Fast food Nation.
  • The Gov... Darkitec 2012/07/19 03:46:02
  • Grabitz 2012/07/18 02:25:25
    Grabitz
    The old rat infested homes in the old cities need to come anyway .
  • Darkitec Grabitz 2012/07/19 03:35:15
    Darkitec
    +1
    Or be sold to people that love and cherish the details and charm that an old house has.
  • The Gov... Darkitec 2012/07/19 03:45:20
  • Beccy The Gov... 2012/07/22 23:33:53
    +1
    I have decided not to leave my city and live in one of those old homes. I will not run away
  • The Gov... Beccy 2012/07/23 00:34:01 (edited)
  • Beccy The Gov... 2012/07/23 00:39:33
    +1
    I worked my way through college in a party store in the ghetto. Sometimes one does what one has to do
  • The Gov... Beccy 2012/07/23 00:44:01
  • Beccy The Gov... 2012/07/23 00:47:19
    +1
    At one time yes but I have an elderly mother in the community and I have a job.
  • The Gov... Beccy 2012/07/23 01:06:40
  • Beccy The Gov... 2012/07/23 01:19:59
    +1
    At first I didn't want to take my daughter too far away from her father. I have a decent job. My family is still here. It's easier to leave then it sounds.
  • The Gov... Beccy 2012/07/23 02:01:48
  • Grabitz Darkitec 2012/07/19 05:39:57
    Grabitz
    Yeah thats all fine if you can afford the heat and cooling bill and like breathing in all that old pollution from years ago thats all settled in the walls and ceilings .
  • Darkitec Grabitz 2012/07/19 13:42:33 (edited)
    Darkitec
    +2
    It isn't that hard to make an older house as energy efficient as these new cardboard and stucco junk that's being built now.
    Besides, I want a home with a porch and front door, A yard and lawn, room for trees, someplace for my dogs to play, A place to put a shop building. Not a Stucco box with cut out windows, an entry garage, and a yard the size of the patio. and all the charm of a cereal box.
    Of course first thing we need to do is get rid of the fed. stop the out of control government spending, fix the tax and tariff laws that have made foreign goods cheaper and more tax advantageous than a similar American job and let the free market bring jobs back to these cities again.
    Fix the failed war on poverty and scrap these liberal government handouts, called section 8 housing, so that people that have pride in their homes would have a reason to move into and gentrify a neighborhood.
  • Beccy Darkitec 2012/07/22 23:35:12
    well said. I will not leave
  • Gregaj7 2012/07/18 01:53:22
    +4
    This is exactly what the Elitists want to have happen, and faster-the-better.
  • Beccy Gregaj7 2012/07/18 02:50:38
    +2
    It makes me so sad
  • Gregaj7 Beccy 2012/07/18 03:02:45
    +1
    I do my best to divorce myself from the emotional impact.
  • marcuss....PHART 2012/07/18 01:50:37
    marcuss....PHART
    +2
    When the DEMOCRATS set their mind to destroying something....They get it done.
  • Beccy marcuss... 2012/07/18 02:51:03
    +1
    So you think it just started?
  • marcuss... Beccy 2012/07/18 15:36:54
    marcuss....PHART
    +1
    No the democraps have been doing it for decades.
  • The Govenor 2012/07/18 01:39:55
  • Jesse J... The Gov... 2012/07/18 03:11:44
    Jesse James
    +3
    What about those 7 big banks that screwed you in the form of bank bailout money that was given freely without any stipulation in the form of billions? I think treasury secretary Paul gave that one to you and the rest of America.
  • The Gov... Jesse J... 2012/07/18 03:19:36

2014/11/23 14:32:48