11-year-old girl charged with two felonies for killing puppy

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/07/12 00:00:17

An 11-year-old girl was charged with two felonies Monday for allegedly killing a 13-week-old puppy, police said.

The girl, whose name was not released because she is being prosecuted as a juvenile, was charged with aggravated animal cruelty and second-degree criminal mischief after an investigation by State Police.

Read More: http://poststar.com/news/local/year-old-accused-of-killing-pu...

News Report Video: http://hudsonvalley.ynn.com/content/top_stories/591015/11-yea...

• Nameless 2012/07/12 02:19:53
    Nameless
    +8
    She pitched a temper tantrum and killed the puppy. Sorry, but that child needs to go to a mental health facility and not be released. That is a murderer in waiting.

• Cidlvj4 2012/07/26 14:42:37
    Cidlvj4
    +1
    I do love animals. I have two beautiful spoiled dogs and one who's name is Sugar needs home made food and loves chicken. But I have to wonder though...so the police or whom ever is charging this 11 year old girl with two felonies?
    Let me get this straight, so if a parent leaves a child at home alone the parent may lose the child because it is abuse.
    If we spank our children and our children get pissed off and tell the police the parents stand to lose because it is abuse.
    If a child that age is caught walking the streets alone, it is abuse we get charged with.
    So first the government takes every ability to disapline our children away and the child knows this so they have a weapon, so to speak, that they can use against the parents.
    Now the kid is as spoiled as can be and demands things and if they do not get it they will rebel.
    So first we create the problem (government) then we punish kids for having this problem.
    Now...here we have an 11 year old whom is being charged with two felonies and could end up in some juvi home for years BUT...they won't mention her name because she is a child and we must protect her.
    She killed a puppy out of anger and so let us finish off her life by screwing it up some more.
    We have the government selling licenses to hunt animals equal in life to ...

We have the government selling licenses to hunt animals equal in life to dogs as far as life is concerned. So the government is ok with men and women buying a gun and going out and take pleasure in shooting animals DEAD with high powered rifles or hand guns BUT...that is ok because the government approves the KILLING of these beautiful wild animals.
    I am sorry but first you sell permits to kill animals and when a kid is spoiled by your own laws (government) to protect them and they throw a tantrum and kill a puppy, OH my God she will become a serial killer.
    None of this makes any since. Treat the kid, move on and but do not screw up this child any more than this. Give partents the right to disapline children for their own protection back.
  • edlie 2012/07/17 07:02:59
    edlie
    +1
    she's pissed..she's sick..she needs serious attention and medication!
  • Sodaz56 2012/07/13 22:52:03
    Sodaz56
    +1
    Yeah. She threw a tantrum and then killed to helpless animals. Yes she's 11, but does age matter that much? What would happen when she's an adult?
  • Call me Mark willya? 2012/07/13 18:02:42
    Call me Mark willya?
    +1
    That sounds Terrible? What kind of parents does she have that would have her so spoiled that something like that would even cross her mind, much let alone that she might actually do it???
  • animeknight16 2012/07/12 23:04:55
    animeknight16
    +1
    ...D: oh no..
  • Angel* 2012/07/12 22:31:18
    Angel*
    +1
    Hey, when a child kills a animal something desperat has to happen to help them, and it maybe to late. I really hope the can help, for own wellness and others.
  • clasact 2012/07/12 22:26:12
    clasact
    +1
    and the parents got what for raiseing such a snot ?
  • Brandi Angela 2012/07/12 16:42:05
    Brandi Angela
    +1
    Girl and her family need to help. The girl needs help because obviously she has issues with not getting her way. Her parents need help because maybe it's not all on the girl, maybe she doesn't get punished at home for throwing fits and not getting her way. Either way girl needs serious therapy.
  • Black_Rose 2012/07/12 14:17:43
    Black_Rose
    +2
    That poor puppy :(
    I think she needs to be checked out mentally. If she can kill a puppy, there is no doubt she might attempt to hurt a human
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/07/12 14:15:14
  • Clay Slayer 2012/07/12 13:57:44
    Clay Slayer
    +3
    All of the famous serial killers were once animal abusers....
  • FlyAway 2012/07/12 11:50:02
    FlyAway
    +4
    What a sick little girl! She needs a good beating. I don't care if she's "just a kid" anyone with any common sense will tell you this is disgusting.
  • baxter 2012/07/12 10:53:56
    baxter
    +1
    SHE SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO HAVE A PET TILL SHE IS OLDER
  • FlyAway baxter 2012/07/12 14:41:10
    FlyAway
    +4
    I don't think she should ever be allowed a pet.
  • gkirmani 2012/07/12 09:30:34
    gkirmani
    +2
    The crazy idiots are can be found a plentyy Ieverywhere and anywhere on the globe............sick and silly minded people who support such punishment............IS IT NOT CRIME AGAINST CHILD................where are the child protection group...................publi... hungry hypocrites..............
  • beach bum 2012/07/12 09:13:51
    beach bum
    +1
    a bit extreme but yet another sad case
  • Boo! 2012/07/12 07:37:29
    Boo!
    +2
    The poor puppy!!!! the kids messed up
  • A Founding Father 2012/07/12 07:08:12 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +2
    I hope the authorities will involve themselves deeply in this matter and try to get some competent help for this child.

When I was just about thirteen years old a young fellow just my age killed his new little puppy in the little fish pond, making it swim back and forth until it could no longer, and
    it drowned. Then, fires began in the fields surrounding his home, lots of fires, sometimes
    two or three a day. At age sixteen his mother was found dead on a burning sofa in her bedroom. At age eighteen the expensive custom car his dad bought for him a week earlier
    burned up in the driveway. Then the garage burned down. At age twenty he was committed to a mental hospital and lived there until he committed suicide at about age thirty something. Had authorities intervened when they first became aware of his mental
    problems he might have been saved with competent help.
  • Nameless A Found... 2012/07/12 11:40:51
    Nameless
    Unfortunately, children with these problems more often than not, even with competent mental health treatment do not, truly, change. There is a problem in their brain chemistry, which right now is untreatable. Therapy does not work. Also, by the time the issue is recognized by anyone, the cliched train is already speeding downhill with no brakes. There is a major common thread with serial killers and that is that they started out killing small animals - so that is an HUGE indicator and something of which we all need to be aware.
  • A Found... Nameless 2012/07/12 20:43:26 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    So, what to do? Leave them to their middle school teachers to control? Confine them to a hospital? Do nothing? Do something?

My little friend is, I think, a good study in such behavior. While he was drowning his puppy his mother was upstairs passed out on her couch, a chronic alcoholic. The little monster boy was acting out his angers and frustrations of his short lifetime, left alone
    by a drunken mother all day long, a drunken father all night, and the constant fights between the parent in their rare sober moments. Then the fires, as his angers deepened and he was increasingly alone as nobody would play with him or come to his house for any reason. His sister had a breakdown in late teen years, but recovered after years of therapy.

Being "aware" is not good enough to prevent the inevitable. Some intervention is absolutely necessary.
  • Marianne 2012/07/12 05:57:52
    Marianne
    +2
    How can a child become so cruel?
    Immediate psychiatric intervention is urgent.
  • Vinny 2012/07/12 05:26:13
    Vinny
    +1
    Good on the police for doing that!!
  • Mindy 2012/07/12 05:06:26
    Mindy
    +3
    Good...giver her the harshet penalty available, as well as psychiatric counseling.
  • Dyonus 2012/07/12 05:00:35
    Dyonus
    +3
    I don't care what age she is...throw the book at her.
  • Lady Wh... Dyonus 2012/07/12 09:56:44
    agreed
  • AGPhillbin 2012/07/12 04:57:54
    AGPhillbin
    +4
    Leaving aside the legal issues of levelling felony charges against an 11 year old, this girl's actions merit immediate attention, and involve sadistic cruelty and willful brutality. This child requires serious mental health intervention, and sounds like a serial killer in waiting.
  • ScatterJoy! 2012/07/12 04:01:34
    ScatterJoy!
    +4
    Good - cruelty towards ANY living thing is awful and she should be shown the error of her ways.

Although, the problem with our judicial and prison system is that they're not actually treated as CORRECTIONAL facilities, but simply foster the issues for which people are incarcerated.
  • jaydenvdv 2012/07/12 03:58:14
    jaydenvdv
    +3
    By 11 that girl has really massive issues. If she had her ass beat at 4 for throwing that kind a fit she wouldn't have done it
  • Paige 2012/07/12 02:30:24
    Paige
    +4
    I'd like to know how she killed the puppy and if there have been other instances. But they usually say that killing pets or small animals usually is a sign of a serious violent mental issues.
  • Nameless 2012/07/12 02:19:53
    Nameless
    +8
  • FlyAway Nameless 2012/07/12 11:47:28
    FlyAway
    She needs to go the jail. why should mentally fragile people have to be around a girl who likes killing puppies?
  • Nameless FlyAway 2012/07/12 12:11:10
    Nameless
    She has a mental health problem, that's why. She would not be around puppies and would be closely monitored.
  • FlyAway Nameless 2012/07/12 12:25:21
    FlyAway
    +1
    I would argue she does not have a mental illness, but of course you and me cannot say for certain. Judging by the article she knew what she was doing, and she did it because she's a twisted little brat. My point being there are lots of vulnerable people in mental health facilities and I don't believe people who need treatment should have that scum. Would you, healthy or not, be comfortable with someone like that girl around you? In my opinion she should be sent to jail for life, because shooting her would be illegal. I don't care how old she is, or what problems she may or may not have, an innocent living thing should never be harmed in any way.
  • Nameless FlyAway 2012/07/12 12:34:25
    Nameless
    Any child who does something like that has mental health issues. Also, due to some very traumatic events not my fault - and done to me - I was in a mental health facility and some of the patients there were not, exactly, the kind of people I wanted to be around. However, they had as much right to care as I.

I don't think the girl should ever be released and I said that in my initial post. However, she belongs in a mental health facility. The regular penal system is not equipped to deal with her issues on any level.
  • FlyAway Nameless 2012/07/12 13:12:07
    FlyAway
    +1
    I'm sorry to hear you were in hospital. I know a few people who have been in hospital too. I'm afraid I'm still going to have to stand by what I said earlier, I do not believe she has a mental disorder, I will need some more information before I can make a better judgement on the situation. Going by what the article says "Authorities said the girl, who lives in Saratoga Springs, was visiting the Lake George home where the dog was killed and was upset that the person who was watching her at the time -- the dog’s owner -- would not allow her to do something she wanted to do." She killed a puppy because she didn't get her own way, so I would argue that she's just a spoiled brat who needs a good beating.
  • Nameless FlyAway 2012/07/12 13:15:01
    Nameless
    She may, indeed, be a spoiled brat OR she could have very poor coping skills created by a mental health disorder or both. I know a lot of spoiled brats who would never consider harming an animal.
  • FlyAway Nameless 2012/07/12 14:38:56
    FlyAway
    You'd be amazed what spoiled kids do to get their own way.
  • Nameless FlyAway 2012/07/12 16:10:19
    Nameless
    +1
    Killing is not in the norm. I am a parent and have taught a spectrum of children with issues. Nothing surprises me. However, I am wise enough an educated enough to know that there are certain parameters of behavior that are within the norm and others that are not. Killing animals is not within the norm and is indicative of serious mental health problems.
  • Nameless FlyAway 2012/07/12 12:15:00
    Nameless
    She needs to go to a mental health facility because she has a mental health problem. There are mental health facilities set up for those in the penal system. You sound very young and dogmatic in your view. (and no,I am not an ageist) Life experience often changes one's view...
  • Me 2012/07/12 02:17:08
    Me
    +3
    wow...thats crazy

2014/09/22 14:37:48