10 Billion Animals Killed A Year For Food: Are vegetarians saving the world?

Roger 2009/06/04 00:38:27
Yes! We need to stop eating so much meat, like Vegetarians.
No. Screw vegetarians and give me my T-Bone Steak!
Wow. 10 Billion animals killed a year for food?
Carnivores are killing the world... according to scientists anyway. 10 billion animals are killed a year, just for food consumption by people like you and me. In 2006, United Nations scientists argued that killing billions of animals for food is one of the top 3 significant contributions to environmental problems. More than gas guzzling vehicles or energy wasting consumers. If you believe in Global Warming, get this... raising animals for food has caused more global warming than transportation!

• Kane Fernau 2009/06/09 00:03:41
    Kane Fernau
    +6
    Think of all the plants killed in the name of veganism. Ain't it a shame.

• ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~ 2012/06/09 15:02:50
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    If God didn't want us eating cows, He wouldn't have made them out of beef.
  • Walt 2012/06/09 14:34:16
    Walt
    +1
    Pigs, beef cattle, and other animals are frequently bred and raised in large quantities for the sole purpose of using them for food.
  • God bless American freedom 2012/06/08 21:32:51 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    the population of the planet is huge eh, and God did create humans as omnivores ...? and as well ... plants are also alive. Murdering more plants may probably hasten global warming faster than animals do ...

... instead of not eating meats .. perhaps the UN should try to convince the planet to plant more trees without requiring any funding to do it eh? I mean, the UN hires and pays genocidal freaks ( Mugabe -islam ) who have restricted travel rights worldwide because of how evil genocide is eh? Perhaps the UN, instead of encouraging more stupidity worldwide by proofing itself as stupid... should focus on NON funded ways to promote a world with far more forrests

I doubt much of what the UN presents as " science " these days .... they ( UN officials ) are largely politicians attempting to "connect" with people they hope they can fool into raising a cry to assist UN political causes to grab/raise funds from stupid nations such as the USA et al.

I hope the USA leaves the UN quite soon and removes/boots/ousts them from the USA forever, never allowed to return or take one more tax dollar from them, ...

"contributions " from the USA tax payers to the UN so the UN can tell the USA what to do ....

http://www.un.org/ga/search/v...

We need to remove them from the USA and use ...

http://www.un.org/ga/search/v...

We need to remove them from the USA and use the savings to pay off the debt Obama/Sotero and our bi-partisan congress has forced us to owe to the communist chinese who hate freedom.

and pleasantly , along the way , plant many many more trees :)

.....
  • Charlie 2009/10/08 22:42:20
    Charlie
  • hgdff Charlie 2009/12/12 01:14:23
    hgdff
    That looks disgusting. It smells disgusting. Blood is disgusting. My god you're eating dead burnt animal parts. Are you proud of being a corpse eater? Shame on you!
  • hgdff hgdff 2009/12/12 01:18:51
    hgdff
    Not to mention your big fat body is from turning your it into a grave yard of animals. You personally kill about 200 animals a year if you are eating meat. These animals suffer cruel conditions the best part of their lives is the day they are killed because their suffering ends. Animals raised for food suffer hellish conditions their entire lives they know fear misery and pain at the hands of their human tormentors. View "Meet your Meat" on YouTube.com for more proof.
  • Charlie hgdff 2009/12/13 05:54:59
    Charlie
    +2
    You sound like one of those Peta wackos.
  • ☆GrayBe... Charlie 2012/06/09 15:04:55
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    PETA - P eople E ating T asty A nimals.
  • ☆GrayBe... hgdff 2012/06/09 15:06:42
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    "Vegetarian" is an old Indian word that means "Crappy Hunter".
  • God ble... hgdff 2012/06/09 13:42:46
    God bless American freedom
    +2
    You have blood and guts and i'll bet your parents fed you meats when you grew up so your brain would have enough protein to develop as it has.. eh? You will eventually become a corpse.. what then?
  • ☆GrayBe... God ble... 2012/06/09 15:05:44
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    Then he becomes meat for the worms. Cycle of life, he needs to get over it.
  • God ble... ☆GrayBe... 2012/06/09 18:35:59 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    well though, if he was schooled in American schools who try mightily to remove the most important element of logic ( IE; common sense ) from the children of public schools these days ( political PAC unions , eh ? ) then he lost an immense amount of time ... so he could learn to check boxes on standardised tests ... is it truly his fault?

Yes, it is if he refuses to go beyond what his union teaching staff taught him... he is more than that .. and hopefully his own parents ( as opposed to scholastic American PACs ) prayed he would do so.... he is an adult now eh?

Graybeard.. my little sister recently graduated from high school ... and she was (taught/implied heavily toward ) taught American whites invented slavery of blacks ... do you see what I mean? No mention to her of proven historical fact that Africaans themselves long before there were even any white skins developed on this planet that Africaans were staging wars to gain undeserved power over one another.. enslaving one another.. discriminating against one another ... raping.. pillaging .. theft galore .. murders.. genocides of various tribes prejudiced aganst other tribes ... religious persecutions .. paganisms .. etc etc etc all invented by Africaaners themselves and taught to the entire rest of the population of th...

Graybeard.. my little sister recently graduated from high school ... and she was (taught/implied heavily toward ) taught American whites invented slavery of blacks ... do you see what I mean? No mention to her of proven historical fact that Africaans themselves long before there were even any white skins developed on this planet that Africaans were staging wars to gain undeserved power over one another.. enslaving one another.. discriminating against one another ... raping.. pillaging .. theft galore .. murders.. genocides of various tribes prejudiced aganst other tribes ... religious persecutions .. paganisms .. etc etc etc all invented by Africaaners themselves and taught to the entire rest of the population of this planet by Africaaners...

( Mind you, Graybeard I am not white just so you know.. ) ...

ths nonsense about food ignores how humankind is created ... or how to go about changing climate as much as possible .... by use of simply planting trees and as many different plants as humanly able .... without use of tax dollars or legislation ...

you know .. common sense... eh? :)
  • ☆GrayBe... God ble... 2012/06/09 20:47:02
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    Truth be known, slavery is as old as mankind itself. Slavery was introduced to the New World by a Spainard, his name escapes me (I studied History a very long time ago) but I will locate it. He wasn't white either.

Blacks in Africa captured other Blacks in regional / tribal wars and sold them to opportunists to carry to the slave markets. Many of the slave ships were captained and crewed by Moors.

My point is, everyone from that time period shares equally in the guilt of the act. No one today has anything to do with it. It's been over for 150 years. No one in this country has been a slave, owned a slave or engaged in the business of selling slaves. People need to get on a relevant issue.
  • God ble... ☆GrayBe... 2012/06/09 20:59:45 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    Oh yes, I agree..but all of that was to help educate hgdff to assist his veg education that he needs to extend his thoughts and learn far far more than he knows.. eh? Yes.
  • ☆GrayBe... God ble... 2012/06/09 21:07:28
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    Most definitely.
  • KC 2009/08/16 16:31:33
    KC
    i know that since i went vegetarian people in my house have cut back their meat consumption a lot
  • qwerty 2009/07/16 17:23:07
    qwerty
    +4
    I am a Vegetarian and for 7 years that means i have saved about 700 animals
  • DionJ qwerty 2012/03/02 17:49:38
    DionJ
    +3
    No you haven't. You haven't "saved" anything. The concept of vegetarians is a fantasy, nothing more.
  • Kane Fernau 2009/06/09 00:03:41
    Kane Fernau
    +6
  • hgdff Kane Fe... 2009/12/12 01:41:16
    hgdff
    Plants don't scream when you pick their fruits. Plants don't cry and moan. Plants don't feel pain.
  • Kane Fe... hgdff 2009/12/12 02:01:26
    Kane Fernau
    +3
    Oh yes they do! You just don't listen!
  • ☆GrayBe... Kane Fe... 2012/06/09 15:10:04
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +2
    LMAO - I can hear them now! "AAAAhhhhhhh, don't eat me!"

Once a week there's a holocaust in my yard when I run the mower over it...... LOL!
  • God ble... ☆GrayBe... 2012/06/12 21:20:39
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    poor poor grasses !
  • ☆GrayBe... God ble... 2012/06/12 22:27:43
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    Sad, isn't it? Sacrificed merely for appearance....... LOL!
  • God ble... ☆GrayBe... 2012/06/18 15:41:12
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    LOL my mother has grass cloth on her and my fathers bedroom walls!
  • ☆GrayBe... God ble... 2012/06/20 07:30:45
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    That would be tough to mow....... LOL
  • GreenDay+MCR=<3 2009/06/05 19:48:41
    GreenDay+MCR=<3
    +1
    that is sad.im an animal lover so i would hate to have a world without animals.
  • cmdrbnd007 2009/06/05 19:37:01
    cmdrbnd007
    +4
    And they are being replaced by just as many.
  • riccaa!<3 cmdrbnd007 2009/10/18 22:27:36
    riccaa!<3
    wow.. really?
    do you have a heart?
    or is all you care about is your own self?
  • cmdrbnd007 riccaa!<3 2009/10/19 07:02:03
    cmdrbnd007
    +2
    It's food it's not like we are killing people they are cows and other animals breed to be killed and eaten. Yummy, you got to love meat.
  • hgdff cmdrbnd007 2009/12/12 01:27:29
    hgdff
    Animals have souls. Animals have emotions. Animals know pain. Animals know suffering. It is not ok to do this. Grow up! Meat is disgusting.
  • God ble... hgdff 2012/06/09 21:02:23
    God bless American freedom
    hgdff.. there are multiple studies out proving plants communicate and do react to pain stimuli.

But as well .. here is an excellent website which I frequent you may enjoy for vegetarian cheffing ... http://glutenfreegoddess.blog... .. i am quite sure you will enjoy it . I use it for so many recipes ! The author is amazing :)
  • hgdff cmdrbnd007 2009/12/12 01:23:37
    hgdff
    It doesn't in any way justify their suffering. World wide 53 BILLION animals suffer and are killed for food each year. This doesn't count animal skins, Animal testing and experimentation aka vivisection , and cruelty to animals. Wake up! see what you're really are doing. Find out what has been skillfully hidden from your view. Get involved. Look into how animals are raised for food. I think that you, like most people would be shocked and appalled when they find out the truth.
  • glo 2009/06/05 18:07:48
    glo
    +1
    Im Not a vegetarian, but if it was lefted up to me, meat would be out lawed. These farmere and the meat packing companies put so much junk in the meat, til I'm at the point I don't care if I eat meat. Befor I cook my meat I soak it in vingar, lemon juice, and hot water for ten min. Then I soak it again in salt water, and wash it in clear water. and cook it well. Beef I cook it form 40-2hr. until it well doone and falling apart. Chicken I do the same way. and if I'm boiling the chicken the first water I pore off and start again. The meat is not clean.
  • hgdff glo 2009/12/12 01:26:36
    hgdff
    Sounds like you should become a vegetarian. Why don't you start with one day a week? Its easy to do. There are many vegetarian blogs and videos that will give you recipe ideals.
  • Dussy 2009/06/05 15:19:39
    Dussy
    +3
    Presumably, most of these weren't wild animals, but were specifically raised for the purpose of ending up as meat
  • hgdff Dussy 2009/12/12 01:28:40
    hgdff
    It doesn't justify murder. Remember blessed are the merciful & Thou shalt not kill?
  • Dussy hgdff 2009/12/13 16:00:17
    Dussy
    +2
    Plants are also living things. If you don't kill anything, you'll starve yourself or someone else to death. That would be an act of murder.
    Are you a Quaker? if not, then presumably you'd kill in order to defend yourself or someone else. You might even kill total strangers who have never done you any harm, simply because someone told you that you needed to do that in order to defend your country.
  • God ble... hgdff 2012/06/09 13:40:07 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    hg .. sorry but your arguments just do not hold up. If you and others choose to be veggies that is fine for you ..but do not force others to obey your dictates ...

You probably murder plants everyday just by walking, bacteria by washing your body , insects by use of a vehicle ....... the home you dwell within probably occupies space once used exclusively by plants hundreds of years before you, a human, came along ... kept them at bay so you could steal their land and let them wither and die.... do you see? Life on this planet is life .... just be glad no one murders you to eat your flesh ?

it is rather like Obama/Soteros wife with her huge fat rear end and her personal trainer ( at tax dollar expense more than likely ) explaining to America that America is too fat and we must all obey her dictates and eat properly .... there are hundreds of pictures of her and her husband online eating up meats and fats and anything they can stuff into their faces at others expense... he has a faster metabolism apparently than she and stays skinny while she seems to have quite a caboose.... but she wants everyone else to obey her and be skinny .....

She is not God ... right?

God created humans as omnivores and that incredible diversity across the vast tableau of food on this earth gave...

She is not God ... right?

God created humans as omnivores and that incredible diversity across the vast tableau of food on this earth gave humans the ability to survive .. as a part of this planets lifeforms in this universe.

It will be alright . Plant lots of trees and beautiful useful gardens in your lifetime , do not trash your neighborhood ..

and do not tell all the rest of the people to go against how they are created.... as omnivores. You can do that of course for yourself..... but my family shall still eat meats and plants and murder much bacteria and accidentally kill plenty of insects etc in their lifetimes and our future generations etc etc etc just as billions upon billions of prior humans and animals and plants themselves and insects etc etc have done throughout the aeons of world and human evolution....
  • Ayebaw 2009/06/05 03:52:47
    Ayebaw
    +3
    Would we have enough food without animals to feed everyone?

2014/12/20 20:17:28