1 in 2 college grads are not fully employed. Do you feel sorry for them?

FanOreilly 2012/04/23 11:55:55
Yes I feel sorry for the college grads that bought the snake oil of 'hope and change'
No these Obama drones need to learn why socialism sucks
In 2008, urban hipster college students voted for Obama with the fervor of Justin Bieber fan-boys.

While I don't know if that USSS agent behind him was banging sorority girls, I do know that sorority girls and sorority boys voted for Barack H. Obama because voting for a U.S. citizen was too mainstream.

As these art history majors graduate after 6 year years of cannabis, STD's and amassing student load debt they will never repay they find that can't get a job.

The college class of 2012 is in for a rude welcome to the world of work.

A weak labor market already has left half of young college graduates either jobless or underemployed in positions that don't fully use their skills and knowledge.

Young adults with bachelor's degrees are increasingly scraping by in lower-wage jobs — waiter or waitress, bartender, retail clerk or receptionist, for example — and that's confounding their hopes a degree would pay off despite higher tuition and mounting student loans.

An analysis of government data conducted for The Associated Press lays bare the highly uneven prospects for holders of bachelor's degrees.

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/1-2-graduates-jobless-undere...

• Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/04/23 14:26:37
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +22
    You should go to college for a job/career and not some feel good basket weaving degree that you think should pay you a king's ransom.  hispanic transgenders communism sucks

• lark 2012/04/24 01:29:00
    lark
    They put Obama in & we all have to deal with the result. They can deal with their decision to elect this country's destroyer.
  • Minarchist 2012/04/24 01:19:36
    Minarchist
    I had been laid-off for 2 years even after completing my 2nd assoc. I have been back at work for a year. Last week I got an email for a job, as I went to look there was no price offer I went to that same job search engine and saw ~215 currently posted jobs in my field 50k-80k for my skill level, which is approx. double what I make, but in 1 years time the next skill level is 75k-120k. I'm holding out (early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese). It's not about what you study, it's about what kind of drive do you have after you enter the workforce.
  • Maxine 2012/04/24 01:17:11
    Yes I feel sorry for the college grads that bought the snake oil of 'hope and...
    Maxine
    I have AA, BS, and am certified. Lost my job in 2008.
  • Vitalani 2012/04/24 01:08:53
    Vitalani
    +1
    NIETHER.
    The college grads I know who have jobs don't accredit their success to Obama JUST THE SAME as the ones who are unemployed don't blame him for their shortcomings!
  • heirsoftheking 2012/04/24 00:30:49
    heirsoftheking
    I graduated from college with an associates degree. I've been either unemployed or under-employed since July 2008, after 30 years of being a CAD Drafter/Designer.
  • clasact 2012/04/24 00:07:27
    clasact
    +1
    the answeres listed here suck
    I feel sorry for anyone who is out of work but wants to yes a higher education is a wonderfull thing and when things come back fully the education the got may come in handy but the world also needs people who work with their hands and build things too so weather you got a degree or you get dirty for a liveing ,if your out of work you have my syampathy and support
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 01:25:29
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    Hows that hope and Change Working out?...

• clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 01:44:36
    clasact
    for me its been working out pretty damm good cant speek for everyone though
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 01:49:31
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    riiighht come to Ohio ace...be happy to take you on a tour of factories and businessess closed since 08 when your messiah came to power
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 08:22:44
    clasact
    I live right next to Ohio and make most of my deliveries to factories in Ohio .that are doing very well and thanks to Obama saveing the auto industry alot of people I know still have jobs in OHIO now just think how bad thing would be if he didnt,Oh and by the way i can think of many businesses that were in trouble and on the verge of closeing before he came to office,so you might want to ask yourself how much worse could it be if he wasnt elected
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 18:18:33
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    oh really been to downtown toledo lately.....or cleveland...

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-...

GM plant's closing like death knell in Dayton
    UNEMPLOYMENT
    November 19, 2008|By Jim Kavanagh CNN

Minechelle Washington says job losses in the Dayton area point to a bleak future for her children.

The folks working at Jamestown Industries' Moraine Plant 2 near Dayton, Ohio, have the weary, haunted look of terminally ill patients, only it's their livelihoods that are about to die.

Jamestown Moraine warehouses prepare and deliver parts to the General Motors Moraine Assembly truck plant. When the GM plant closes for good on December 23, so will Jamestown Moraine. Sixty-four people will lose their jobs at the supplier, the last of a workforce that once numbered 200.

GM Moraine Assembly once employed about 5,000 people, churning out Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy and even Saab SUVs. About 1,000 will clock out for the last time next month.
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 19:22:43
    clasact
    and what about the rest of them Manco Ohio in Dayton called back everyone they had laid off and is still hireing
    TCI industry in Colubus working round the clock and hireing
    Slice of Stainless in Williamsbugh Oh moved to a bigger factory and hireing
    Now thats just three .the people I drive for cant make deliveries fast enough to places all over ohio.You gave one example of a GM plant now take away the union and mismanagement and see if that plant would still be open ,better yet take away the money Obama lent to the car industy and see if any of them would still be open or any of the companies that help support them
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 20:34:32
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    TOLEDO is still hurting CLEVELAND is still hurting

http://www.eriewire.org/archi...

Since Jan. 1, 2009, four northwest Ohio factories have closed, shipping their work to Indiana and costing the state 319 jobs.

In the same period, a Blade investigation found, at least 11 other manufacturers employing about 1,900 people in the region have closed and shipped work to North Carolina, Tennessee, Illinois, and elsewhere within the United States.

The Blade found about 140 factories with 20 or more employees that closed in northwest Ohio, totaling about 18,000 lost jobs. More than two dozen factory closings – costing about 3,500 jobs – were counted in Lenawee, Hillsdale, and Monroe counties in southeast Michigan.
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 21:03:08
    clasact
    did that same paper go out a find all the places that are calling back or are hireing no they just reported on the negative .I can tell you first hand that their are many many companies in OHIO that have called back and are hireing and its due to the up swing that is going on all over the country and I will tell you this a whole lot more then 3500 jobs have been created in the last 12 months in Ohio get out and look for one.If you can run a CNC mech you have got it made right now
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 21:05:17
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    tell that to North Baltimore no one is calling back there
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 21:31:30
    clasact
    thats only one place what about the rest.I have a lot of freinds who worked in Oh and lost their jobs for many month but now were either called back or got new jobs.I dont look at just one company or one town ,take a look at the whole picture its not just about your town or your job .Yes if you or your freinds are out of work im sorry for you but it not as you put it all over the state
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 18:20:51
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    http://www.crainscleveland.co...

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thomas & Betts Corp. plant closing in Cleveland to cost 117 jobs
    By DAN SHINGLER
    3:07 pm, October 28, 2009

Memphis-based Thomas & Betts Corp. is closing its manufacturing plant at East 116th Street and Harvard Avenue in Cleveland, resulting in the loss of 117 jobs, according to a company filing made with the state of Ohio.
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 19:24:09
    clasact
    yes they close the one here in Mercer Pa. also but read the above post ,I deliver to many companies that are running full out and hireing in Ohio
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 20:34:55
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    been to NW ohio bet you haven't
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 21:04:14
    clasact
    I live in NW Pa Mercer to be exact and yes I have with many deliveries
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 21:05:53
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    ok I will back off ONLY because of my past i came of age in Conneaut ohio
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 21:33:36
    clasact
    man I know some places are still in bad shape and people are still hurtting but please look around its not like you say all over and things are getting better
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 22:19:11
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    seen the price of Gasoline? because of THAt i have had to cancel longer distant shows on teh Reenactment circuit where i make my meat and drink....yeah obama really had a good idea there
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 22:59:09
    clasact
    do a little reseach and you will find that its not Obama its the oil companies and the speculatetor.Under this addministation more has been spent on gas and oil exploratin then under any other so put the real blame where it belongs,and watch what happens if Romney wins
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/24 23:17:09
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    OIL companies won't allow drilling in ANWR???...Oil companies are shutting down refineries ?...oil companies refused drilling licenses for AMERICAN oil companies BUT let Brasil and Venezuala drill?
  • clasact Ballade... 2012/04/24 23:55:16
    clasact
    man their is drilling going on all over the place ,the ones that were shut down and refused a license did not meet EPA guildlines or did not submit the proper form.Please stop listening to people like Rush and go dig for yourself .The crap you have been fed is unreal.Im not saying Obama has done no wrong and is the best thing since sliced bread but things are getting better as jobs go I see if everyday and what you just wrote about the oil is pure crap.The only reson he has been taken it easy on the drilling is to advoid another gulf like spill and you cant blame him for that.Now you think Romney who will get the nomination will be your answer go check out his latest plan
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/25 01:52:39
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    as you mention the BP spill care to mention the REST like not taking in outside expert help because it would upset the unions...the fact BP was and still is a major contributor to the Socialists and Obama reelction...he was scared of a spill and YET licensed Brazilian Oil companies...and Venezuelan companies 18 months before he would allow an AMERICAN company to drill....EPA guidelines....you mean Cap and Trade don't you...

• clasact Ballade... 2012/04/26 23:08:28
    clasact
    you and others did not get what you may have thought from him and alot of what he promised did not or took a long time to come around and you feel he has betrayed you,well I dont like everything he has done and do I think things could have been better yes if congress would work for the people and not just against the president but if you and others who think Romney (who will get the nomination) will make it better you had better start doing some real homework and see the future
  • Ballade... clasact 2012/04/27 01:19:38
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    riiigghht all those MB people gutting the intel and military services...

Yup yup everything is fine...nothing to see here move along
  • Charge 2012/04/24 00:03:27
    Charge
    If they vote for Obama again they will all be unemployed.
  • Ballade... Charge 2012/04/24 01:50:02
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    sounds like this Mope from Mercer is going to do precisely that
  • Charge Ballade... 2012/04/24 15:10:20
    Charge
    That's what they are taught.
  • CHUCK 2012/04/24 00:00:22
    CHUCK
    +2
    NO WAY THEY HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHOOSE THEIR COURSE OF STUDY...

OWS POSTER CHILD..

Photobucket
  • justonemom CHUCK 2012/04/24 01:18:37
    justonemom
    +3
    lol that's what you get for choosing such a stupid degree
  • COCO justonemom 2012/04/24 06:29:19
    COCO
    +1
    Exactly.
  • lark CHUCK 2012/04/24 01:32:23
    lark
    +2
    What did she think she would do with that degree
  • CHUCK lark 2012/04/24 01:57:16
    CHUCK
    +3
    SHE GOT HIRED AS PARKING LOT ATTENDANT AT A GAY LEBISIAN BAR IN SAN FRANSCISCO..BUT THEY FIRED HER THE FIRST DAY ,,SHE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE CHANGE.. LOL

http://www.onemotion.com/flas...
  • Clyde 2012/04/23 23:58:06
    Clyde
    +1
    Not only that, but they will be the ones carrying the biggest burden of obama's tragic policies. 5 trillion in new debt in 3 1/2 years and that's just part of the problem, that these useful idiots will have to face because of their false messiah.
  • lurch 2012/04/23 23:52:52
    lurch
    It's the hard way, but they need to learn that what they hear isn't always the TRUTH. Schools are out for their buck just as much as big business - especially these 'for profit' schools. They need to improvise or start their own business.
  • sash 2012/04/23 23:22:38
    sash
    +2
    This is the first time any of these kids have ever heard the word "NO". Better late than never that they learn life is not always easy, like the rest of us figured out a long time ago.

2014/12/22 22:46:51