$1 Billion FBI Facial Recognition Project to Track Everyone: Do You Support Law Enforcement Stimulus Program?

Fef 2012/09/10 19:00:00
Government promised us jobs by using taxpayer funds to spend on projects -- the administration called it "Stimulus Spending." The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) spent some of its money on "Next Generation Identification Program" developed by Lockheed Martin Transportation and Security Solutions and IBM.

NGI will connect with tens of thousands of closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras to apply facial recognition to the American public. NGI has the ambitious goal "to reduce terrorist and criminal activities by improving and expanding biometric identification and criminal history information services through research, evaluation, and implementation of advanced technology."

GIZMODO.COM reports:
How would you feel if the government could easily track your movements by automatically identifying your face on images captured by the ever-growing network of CCTV of cameras in America? The FBI will be able to do just that soon, with its one-billion-dollar Next Generation Identification program.

ever-growing network cctv cameras america fbi one-billion-dollar generation identification program

Read More: http://gizmodo.com/5941926/fbis-sinister-new-1-bil...

• Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/09/10 19:56:00
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +22
    While the government spends billions on cameras, and face recognition technology directed at us to spy on us all, people are being arrested for pointing cameras at police.

I hope I'm not the only one that sees the problem here. Its all about using our money and resources to keep us in line when its the government that stages criminal activities like fast and furious that needs the cameras pointed at them.

• McCate 2012/09/11 04:02:26
    McCate
    +4
    “It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” A.Einstein

enemy of the state
  • Carlo McCate 2012/09/12 15:07:51
    Carlo
    +1
    Well put and a very smart man we should learn from at every chance. Top answer here.
  • McCate Carlo 2012/09/13 02:36:05
    McCate
    +1
    Thanks, I love Einstein, he was correct.
    smile
  • mikeeonly 2012/09/11 03:40:00
    mikeeonly
    +1
    nothing is private anymore and the bad guys will figure it out just like everything else
  • Carlo mikeeonly 2012/09/13 02:32:39
    Carlo
    Well the dumb criminals will be easier caught, but that has always been the case. The smart criminals will find ways to cirrcumvent it.
  • Sumātogai 2012/09/11 02:59:01
    Sumātogai
    +2
    This idea is stupid. It shows the lack of trust between the government and the people. Spend that money on something better. Like a stargate that can take you anywhere in existance. Itś much better to go where no man has gone before then to spy on man with taxpayers money.
  • Bob 2012/09/11 02:40:34
    Bob
    If they are looking for a man/woman who escaped from prison and is armed. I want them to have the best chance to locate and capture this person
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/09/11 02:22:35
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +7
    I am not a criminal and don't care to be spied on by the government.
  • D D Kat ♪ ~... 2012/09/11 13:06:48
  • Freedom 2012/09/11 02:04:28
    Freedom
    +7
    Google Trapwire. The Surveillance State isn't coming, it's here now. Anyone who supports this IS A FOOL. I will not back down or apologize for his statement. If you believe in liberty, freedom and privacy you will NOT support this.
  • abubincrazy 2012/09/11 01:38:57
    abubincrazy
    +3
    It is an anti-American power-grab:
    The hallmark of the criminal Obama regime.
    Our nation was founded on the principle of personal freedom and limits on tyrannical government.
    This assault on our right to walk down the street without being tracked by the KGB is typical Obama czar-think.
    THE OBAMA REGIME IS AMERICA'S WORST, MOST DANGEROUS ENEMY.

MITT 2012!!!
  • kofp abubinc... 2012/09/11 05:43:11 (edited)
    kofp
    +3
    Please, Mitt is a photocopy of Obama. This is the man we need to elect instead by write-in: write in Ron Paul
  • Grammar... kofp 2012/09/11 13:05:54
    Grammar Freak
    +1
    I agree.
    However, what I fear at this point is that because Gary Johnson is actually on the ticket, he will take votes away from Paul & vice versa. Either one would be a good choice (because they are almost identical in their political agendas). They need to come together & continue working together until November... & potentially afterward as well. The good thing about Johnson is that he's younger. The good thing about Paul is his exposure.
  • abubinc... Grammar... 2012/09/12 01:47:17
    abubincrazy
    Vote for Gary, and make Obama smile.
  • Grammar... abubinc... 2012/09/12 11:50:17
    Grammar Freak
    I sure as hell won't vote for Romney or Obama. I have to sleep at night.
  • abubinc... Grammar... 2012/09/12 19:06:25
    abubincrazy
    Obama thanks you.
    Sleep tight.
  • Grammar... abubinc... 2012/09/13 09:32:50
    Grammar Freak
    I will, thanks.
  • abubinc... kofp 2012/09/12 01:46:48
    abubincrazy
    +1
    You're nuts.
    Mitt IS NOT a pawn of the Saudis.
    He won't institute a phony carbon tax or socialize our medical system.
    He won't attack our energy production, and give billions of our tax dollars to other countries to drill for oil.
    He won't cripple our economy with regulations.
    He won't saddle us with insurmountable debt.
    He won't gut our defense capability.
    He won't give billions of our tax dollars to terrorist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood.
    Obama IS doing these things; God knows what hideous plans he has for America if he gets another shot at us.
  • Carlo abubinc... 2012/09/13 02:38:21
    Carlo
    No Romney will spend us further into the poor house and beef up the threat against Iran to have much more of our citizens die in the middle east all in the name of world security and support for Israel. How many relatives do you have in Israel?
  • Grammar... abubinc... 2012/09/11 13:03:04
    Grammar Freak
    +3
    ...started by Bush, continued by Obama & carried out by both "parties" in Congress.
  • Carlo Grammar... 2012/09/13 02:39:32
    Carlo
    Both parties are crooked. We just pick between the two evils.
  • Grammar... Carlo 2012/09/13 09:34:22
    Grammar Freak
    I [typically] don't.
    I try very hard to choose the candidate I think is the best... & if there isn't one I agree with, I tend to write-in a name I feel is appropriate, whether it be a legitimate name or Daffy Duck.... cuz sometimes Daffy's hands & feet better than the names on the ballot.
  • Jimbo 2012/09/11 01:09:48
    Jimbo
    +7
    It funny how they spend our money to watch us.
  • Comment... Jimbo 2012/09/11 07:03:49
    Commenting_one
    +3
    And they don't need to WATCH everyone, anyway.
  • Grammar... Jimbo 2012/09/11 13:06:31
    Grammar Freak
    +3
    I don't know that I'd use the word "funny" to describe the situation.
  • Jimbo Grammar... 2012/09/11 15:37:30
    Jimbo
    +3
    'Funny' is the perfect word for the situation. Look it up..

warranting suspicion; deceitful; underhanded

curious; strange; peculiar; odd

http://dictionary.reference.c...
  • Grammar... Jimbo 2012/09/11 19:26:32
    Grammar Freak
    +1
    I would use words more like:
    frightening, scary (even terrifying), awful, irritating, frustrating, abhorrent, sad, powerless, etc.

But I can see your point.
  • Jimbo Grammar... 2012/09/11 19:39:48
    Jimbo
    +1
    It is all of those things too.
  • Carlo Jimbo 2012/09/13 03:43:22 (edited)
    Carlo
    fun·ny
    1 [fuhn-ee] Show IPA adjective, fun·ni·er, fun·ni·est, noun, plural fun·nies.

adjective
    1. providing fun; causing amusement or laughter; amusing; comical: a funny remark; a funny person.

2. attempting to amuse; facetious: Did you really mean that or were you just being funny?

3. warranting suspicion; deceitful; underhanded: We thought there was something funny about those extra charges.

4.nformal . insolent; impertinent: Don't get funny with me, young man!

5. curious; strange; peculiar; odd: Her speech has a funny twang

There is nothing funny about this technology, maybe the reason for implimenting it would seem to be.
  • Jimbo Carlo 2012/09/13 05:39:18
    Jimbo
    +1
    REALLY??

It's in your response.

3. warranting suspicion; deceitful; underhanded
    5. curious; strange; peculiar; odd

I find these all perfect descriptions of how I used the word "FUNNY"
    There are several other ways to put it but my wording makes perfect sense.
    Do you really think I meant 'funny' like 'ha ha funny'? It's warranting suspicion and deceitful and underhanded. The FBI is using your money to spy on you.
  • Carlo Jimbo 2012/09/15 19:33:02 (edited)
    Carlo
    Yeah I got ya, not funny ha ha, but funny peculiar

If your going to put a word definition out there, you should show more than just the aspect you want to emphisize.
  • kofp Jimbo 2012/09/11 17:47:01 (edited)
    kofp
    +1
    Pathetic, immoral and sad is what it is. What the FBI intends to do to us is a criminal act since they are stealing OUR money to do this to us and bypassing our rights which are also our laws in the U.S. Constitution!
  • Amelia 2012/09/11 00:48:46
    Amelia
    They already listen(tap in) to my conversations.. they might as well
  • Comment... Amelia 2012/09/11 07:06:27
    Commenting_one
    Yeah, occasionally I've noticed some odd clicking on the phone, while my friend and I are talking about a TV show or something.. really necessary.
  • D D Amelia 2012/09/11 13:08:17
    D D
    +1
    You should not just accept that. It is wrong. They are violating your rights.
  • Amelia D D 2012/09/29 02:30:34
    Amelia
    what rights.....they violate them all...mwahahahaha!
  • D D Amelia 2012/09/29 21:24:10
    D D
    I realize we hardly have any rights and the technology they have to use against us without us ever knowing. It still does not make it right. It's messed up.
  • Amelia D D 2012/10/20 02:28:09
    Amelia
    right, what's normal doesn't make it right.
  • zbacku 2012/09/11 00:48:33
  • Grammar... zbacku 2012/09/11 13:08:12
    Grammar Freak
    +2
    This started with Bush & these principals were voted in bipartisan by both "parties." To think that this is just Obama is just wrong. It's both "parties" working together against The People to divide us & make us weak in order to ensure their authority over us.

2014/09/30 23:55:47