You're about to have sex with someone. He/She tells you "I have AIDS -- but don't worry; we'll use a condom." Do you still proceed to have sex with this person?

KoAm 2011/04/28 02:41:42
Related Topics: AIDS, Sex
Yes.  I would trust a condom to save me from contracting a disease that causes slow, painful death
No -- relying on a condom to save your life is like playing Russian Roulette.  KInd of sinks that whole "safe sex" idea, eh?

No -- relying on a condom to save your life is like playing Russian Roulette....
    it wouldn't be worth it
  • gaara417 2011/04/29 16:40:36
    gaara417
    if it was my fiance, yes, i would still proceed, but anyone else, no.
  • tony 2011/04/29 02:44:01
    tony
    Depends on how hot she is
  • METALheadMom 2011/04/28 18:15:35
    METALheadMom
    Taking that kind of chance just for a few minutes of getting a possible thrill, is stupid beyond stupid.
  • je shoemaker 2011/04/28 16:57:46
    je shoemaker
    Also if they have an STD.
  • Michael 2011/04/28 13:56:44
    Michael
    I would think this would be a real mood killer for anybody in their right mind. In fact, if I were a woman and was apparently about to get raped, the first thing I would do is tell the guy(s) I have AIDS, and hope like hell they don't already really have it.
  • Mike III% 2011/04/28 12:58:56
    Mike III%
    Nope... There is a reason why the Viagra commercials say "Check with your doctor to make sure you are healthy enough for sex".. I mean really, if there is a high risk that your death will result from sex, it looses its fun factor really quick.
  • Dotty Kaza 2011/04/28 10:49:16
    Dotty Kaza
    If I just met someone and they told me they had AIDS, I would be asking questions about the disease. Last I knew, Nonyxnyl (spelling) 9, a spermicide when used in conjunction with condoms was effective in blocking transmission of this horrible virus. I could be wrong about this as the information is old. I believe a frank discussion about all std's is needed between all potential partners - it is a sign a maturity (imho).
    No. sorry...
  • Destiny 2011/04/28 08:20:08
    Destiny
    If I was IN love with them, otherwise no. I mean, and even so, I can't really say.
  • Anna 2011/04/28 05:53:23
    Anna
    Depends on how much money I had to buy a supplement online to take care of my husband so often and if he would take it. I know a condom wouldn't offer enough protection though.
  • dm 2011/04/28 04:54:12 (edited)
    dm
    No way. I'm repulsed and disgusted at the person who would say such a thing. That person doesn't care they could be jeopardizing another person's health. It's not very effective and no guarantees. I would also be asking them also how they got it. But either way the answer remains the same.
  • Lynn 2011/04/28 04:13:41
    Lynn
    Aids can be spread by more than just exchange of reproductive fluids. Be gone and take your cooties with you.
  • MegaFortunateSon 2011/04/28 03:35:50
    MegaFortunateSon
    First I would thank them a thousand times for letting me know then I would put on my clothes and leave.
  • tonya~~BN0~~ 2011/04/28 03:26:19 (edited)
    tonya~~BN0~~
    no~ simple fact~condoms are not 100% effective against pregnancies and they are NOT an very effective preventive measure against sexually contracted diseases... i can be friends with an aids victim but i could not have sex with them
  • SpecialKrazyK! 2011/04/28 03:06:16
    SpecialKrazyK!
    +1
    sounds horrible. but being a mother to two kids..i have a responsibility to them...I am not sure even what i would do if i was married...except love them....hard hard question if it is your partner..
  • greatwhyte2 2011/04/28 03:02:54
    greatwhyte2
    not in a million years
  • Dondre 2011/04/28 03:00:41
    Dondre
    +1
    Stop asking all these stupid questions, dork
  • tonya~~... Dondre 2011/04/28 03:27:35
    tonya~~BN0~~
    just curious if this as you put it dorks questions are so stupid the why are you answering them?
  • ThePurpleHaze 2011/04/28 02:49:57
    ThePurpleHaze
    +2
    No, that is stupid. Only an idiot would do that. There are billions of other women that don't have aids.
  • KoAm ThePurp... 2011/04/28 02:55:59
    KoAm
    +1
    Exactly! That's why I don't get this whole "safe sex" thing.

Under the logic of "safe sex," you shouldn't have sex at all with a person who you know has AIDS. But it's okay to have sex using a condom with a person if you have NO idea whether they have AIDS or not.

Am I the only one that sees the lunacy in that line of thinking?
  • Anna KoAm 2011/04/28 05:55:56
    Anna
    I think so. I don't know what lunacy in that line means though. You like on the puny side having to organically fertilize yourself???
  • Jerry 2011/04/28 02:49:46
    Jerry
    +2
    Even though condoms are supposed to protect you, AIDS is in fact the one disease you can never get rid of. Yes I know there's a lot more but AIDS is the top disease I would think everyone fears
  • sd *TROUBLE* 2011/04/28 02:46:01
  • KoAm sd *TRO... 2011/04/28 02:49:48
    KoAm
    +1
    Sorry, I don't follow. The person just told you they have AIDS. And you're wearing a condom.

How does "it depends on how much I trust them" play into this? AIDS isn't transmitted via untrustworthiness.
  • Anna KoAm 2011/04/28 06:04:46
    Anna
    I don't know where you live, but because: we, as Americans, weigh the pros and cons of how much we know a person or sense if they're teasing us or just telling us a story or what. A person could seem nice but here there are people that put groceries in the wrong places or try to put on stores deodorant in public and not everybody uses their manners and we in the United States have 3 or 4 time zones and our minds can go a whole day pretty much thinking about nothing. We're more 'loners' compared to other countries that can just go about thinking the way we want.
  • KoAm sd *TRO... 2011/04/28 02:52:39
    KoAm
    Whether the person is a stranger or someone you know, they still have AIDS.

In both cases, you're having sex with an AIDS-afflicted person. In both cases, you're trusting a condom to protect your very life.

I don't intend to be mean, but your logic really eludes me. You're not any safer from AIDS is you have sex with an AIDS victim who you know ... as opposed to an AIDS victims you don't know. They both have AIDS.
  • sd *TRO... KoAm 2011/04/28 02:56:38
    sd *TROUBLE*
    I know i'm not any safer from catching aids if I have sex with someone that i know who has it vs. someone I don't know.
    Its more of a mental thing for me, I would just feel more comfortable having sex with someone with aids if it was someone I knew and trusted, rather then someone I don't know. Even though it has no effect on my chances of catching the disease, like I said, its purely an emotional and mental thing. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2011/04/28 02:45:23
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +2
    Too many ways to transfer the virus.

2014/07/23 15:36:29