You know those "sub-woofers"? (Those are speakers that produce ultra low frequency bass, really popular with the "gangsters") I figure since "everyone" wants to ban guns and fireworks, why not ban those "sub-woofers"? Good idea? Attack on free speech?

friend.wilkins 2012/08/06 16:04:11
If I had things my way, I'd ban the darn things outright. I don't know about anybody else, but when you're packed in like sardines in an apartment building with thin walls and shaky floors, the last thing you want to hear is somebody's gangsta rap woofin' full blast at 5 in the morning!

Yes, it's not about personal freedom, it's about disturbing the peace
    +1
    Yup.... darn things are REALLY annoying!
  • Food Stamp Papa 2012/08/07 12:49:16
    Food Stamp Papa
    +1
    ban gansta rap!
  • historian 2012/08/06 16:18:49
    No, if sub-woofers are banned, then that will open the door to even more bans...
    historian
    +1
    Though I hate having my brain rattled by the awful noise when sitting in traffic, I think our society already has enough busy-body control-freak policies. If someone using them distracts drivers and causes a wreck, or in a neighborhood setting where people's livelihoods are being affected because of lack of sleep, and being unable to enjoy their property, violations can be punished for the acts without banning the object. Much like when one uses a weapon to hurt, you punish the one doing the harm, not the item used.
  • friend.... historian 2012/08/06 16:29:44
    friend.wilkins
    +1
    Excellent comment and great point! "Punish the one doing the harm, not the item used." I agree. 100%!!
  • Jessie M 2012/08/06 16:11:15
    Jessie M
    have you ever had a surround system without a sub. Not cool
  • Kyra 2012/08/06 16:07:47
    Kyra
    +1
    I'd rather have freedom.
  • Kyra Kyra 2012/08/06 16:08:02
    Kyra
    Plus... I love bass.
    yes

2014/09/01 18:36:23