Would you want your kids smoking pot? Then why do you want to be allowed to?

Jack's Pearl 2013/02/11 14:47:15
Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
No, but I will smoke it. Why?
No and no. I don't want to do something harmful to myself.
You deserve the best just like your kids. The best health possible. Don't smoke weed.

• John 2013/02/11 16:21:14
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    John
    +14
    I don't have a kid but if I did I would much rather him smoke pot than drink alcohol. Overindulgence in anything usually has bad results so I would hope that wouldn't happen. If you really want to look at it honestly, being overweight is much more harmful to you health than pot. If it was legalized the drug could be controlled for quality and consistency. There is no good reason to make criminals out of the millions who smoke pot. It is not addictive, the high is relatively short lived and it is our choice. Now that the older generation is thankfully fading away, I believe we will see it legalized across the country very soon.

• T. James H 2013/03/18 20:49:30
  • Jack's ... T. James H 2013/03/19 12:35:29
    Jack's Pearl
    Oh, ok. LOL
  • The Pale Man 2013/02/28 00:32:57
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    The Pale Man
  • Todd The Libertarian 2013/02/14 12:20:36
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    I smoked in college,when they are 21 they can do as they wish.I am tired of paying for the damn war on drugs to appease these religious nuts who make those of us who believe in god look bad.
  • Jack's ... Todd Th... 2013/02/14 13:31:47
    Jack's Pearl
    So you condone drug use that isn't necessary? I don't get it.
  • Todd Th... Jack's ... 2013/02/14 15:26:14
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    No I just do not see pot being any worse than booze.And it is a waste of tax payer money to police it.
  • Jack's ... Todd Th... 2013/02/14 15:34:54
    Jack's Pearl
    Maybe it isn't worse then booze. Zoe do you encourage people to drink?
  • Todd Th... Jack's ... 2013/02/14 15:39:14
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    No and I do not encourage weed.It makes you eat all the time
  • OGK 2013/02/13 12:40:34
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    OGK
    +1
    Never heard anyone die from it.
  • Billy the kid 2013/02/12 23:19:44
    Billy the kid
    +2
    My "kid" is now a strapping hunk of prime Scots beef now! However, in my younger days I did many things myself that I certainly wouldn't have wanted him to do! That wasn't hypocrisy, merely a father not wanting his son to make the same mistakes I did. If he HAD he might just not have been as lucky as I was...!
  • Serenity Guru of lurve *wink* 2013/02/12 21:49:57
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +2
    Having smoked puff in my past I know it must seem like total hypocrisy but I will teach my daughter the dangers of smoking cannabis or weed and the fact that smoking can lead to mental health problems in the future , I have known many where their Dr said the likely hood for their onset of schizophrenia was caused by smoking cannabis . And that scares the life out of me the though of her having that cruel and often isolating illness .

cannabis gif

I know it's bad but I really miss getting high xxx with me mates
  • democoach 2013/02/12 21:20:38 (edited)
    democoach
    +1
    but why should i say you can't because i won't?

more government control=increased steps towards fascism.

and if my child (if i had any) had cancer, i just might let them inhale it steamed or however they do it for cancer patients.

cigarettes are much more harmful then pot, so why is pot not legal but cigarettes are???

cigarettes claim more lives then pot. heck homosexuality takes more lives then pot
  • monkeyking908 2013/02/12 21:12:38
    monkeyking908
    +1
    it destroyes your will to fight and you need that will to keep on living. "but i smoke it all the time and im ok" some people have stronger wills then others it will affect you but not for a while
  • Opal Marie 2013/02/12 17:08:29
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    Opal Marie
    +1
    When my son turns 18 ill let him smoke pot! Why? because that is the legal age that people can smoke cancer sticks! I don't understand the double standard in this country. It is legal for people to smoke a product that has a wide range of health problems associated with, but it is illegal to smoke pot that has NO PROVEN health related issue?
  • Jack's ... Opal Marie 2013/02/12 19:33:20
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    No heath issue? It's a drug all the same as any other that has it's health issues. It alters your thinking. But, I guess if it's not as bad, then why not? Even encourage your kids to smoke it! LMAO That's not doing our job as a parent. That's lazy and irresponsible.
  • Nat Turner 2013/02/12 13:41:19
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    Nat Turner
    +1
    If it's going to help me medically O.K but I don't want my kids to smoke it until they reach the age limit.
  • Jack's ... Nat Turner 2013/02/12 19:33:39
    Jack's Pearl
    Why at all? Why would you encourage any drug use?
  • Nat Turner Jack's ... 2013/02/13 12:39:58
    Nat Turner
    +1
    I don't think you would be encouraging your child if he or she were sick! it's your responsibility to nurture and guide your kids and if they don't need it don't introduce it!
  • Jack's ... Nat Turner 2013/02/14 12:15:19
    Jack's Pearl
    I'm talking about if they aren't sick. I can't believe this is that hard for so many peeps. It blows me away that many here wouldn't be concerned if their child was doing pot. Oh well. LOL
  • Nat Turner Jack's ... 2013/02/14 13:27:56
    Nat Turner
    +1
    If there was no sickness involved NO! absolutely not!
  • Greg Saunders 2013/02/12 08:14:11
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    Greg Saunders
    +1
    It has long been a medicine though anything smoked piles up the carcinogens. Pot is 70 times more carcinogenic than tobacco yet no research has shown any link with pot and cancer. Obviously whatever harm it should be doing is also being prevented by the weed.

cannabus medicine

The reason I wouldn't give it to kids isn't because of double standards but because it tends to enhance things including the bad, like paranoia in some. The average kid is trying to make sense of the world according to the kid, often trying different ways until he learns what belongs to him mentally and what others give him. It's the wrong time to upset the balance.
  • laydeelapis 2013/02/12 02:30:18
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    laydeelapis
    +1
    I'm okay if they're doing it for the right reasons and within reason. In moderation and never as an escape.
  • Jack's ... laydeel... 2013/02/12 19:34:15
    Jack's Pearl
    So you would encourage your child to smoke it? Hum.
  • laydeel... Jack's ... 2013/02/12 23:02:15
    laydeelapis
    +1
    I wouldn't encourage it but if they decide they want to, it's their choice. It's relatively harmless and I'd rather they burn a blunt every now and then than succumb to stress.
  • antiteaparty 2013/02/12 01:03:06
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    antiteaparty
    +2
    My 2 oldest sons smoke pot and they are both are internet security programers... In my opinion smoking pot is no worse than drinking alcohol and may even be better than alcohol... You don't see many guys beat their wives after smoking pot like a night of drinking!
  • VERYwiseguy 2013/02/12 00:51:44
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    VERYwiseguy
    +1
    I'd rather they smoked pot than cigarettes,drank or did pills or street drugs.I'd rather they did not smoke unless it helped them in some way.I know smoking pot helped me through areas of my life where the stress would of done more harm.When they're 18 they can do what they want because they're not kids by law.Inhalers don't harm you imo.If lung cancer patients can use them.
  • Food St... VERYwis... 2013/02/20 19:58:12
    Food Stamp Papa
    +2
    you'd rather they smoke pot then cigarettes?
  • VERYwis... Food St... 2013/02/21 04:30:04
    VERYwiseguy
    +1
    Yes,yes and yes! Also they must be 18 and have their act together,not ABUSE weed as an escape.
  • Kurt 2013/02/12 00:47:58
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    Kurt
    +2
    Relieve my pain from diabetic gastroparesis.
  • questionsparks 2013/02/12 00:19:34
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    questionsparks
    +1
    Actually I won't smoke it. I hate smoking pot, but if my kids wanted to smoke it, I'd let them. Every member of my family has an anxiety attack when they've tried that stuff, I do not think my kids would like it. If they did... whatever, I have plenty of cool friends who smoke pot, nothing wrong with that.
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2013/02/11 23:18:59
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    My kid is in her 40's, she'll do as she pleases. And you seem to forget the medicinal benefits. I would rather use cannabis than the drugs I am currently using with the side effects I endure. This is NOT just a recreational thing, and the best health possible, for me, would include cannabis.
  • Jack's ... bags th... 2013/02/11 23:29:14
    Jack's Pearl
    I did not forget anything. In fact I agree that with certain medical conditions where marijuana is the only pain relief; I'm all for that. And I don't care if your child is 80, you would honestly not try to intervene in a drug habit? What if they are 8 years old? What would you say? Just a question.
  • bags th... Jack's ... 2013/02/11 23:33:00
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    At 8 if I caught them doing either there'd be heck to pay. And smoking pot recreationally is not 'a drug habit'. I believe my daughter does, but she has back pain issues, a very physical job, has never had any legal issues, pays her bills, has a secure marriage......and doesn't drink a drop. I'd be more concerned about that, as my family has a history of alcoholism. Cannabis is not physically addictive, alco0hol is - to the point where it is the only drug that the withdrawal alone can kill you.
  • JwonGalt 2013/02/11 22:33:05
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    JwonGalt
    +2
    If my kids are underage, ill beat their ass for smoking anything in my house.

But if they are 18 or above., and its legal in my state, and can control themselves. Then ill smoke a joint with them.
  • Ruthie Smith 2013/02/11 22:22:25
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    Ruthie Smith
    +3
    I would rather my kids to smoke weed then drink or use any other kind of drug.
    I am on it to control my Seizures.
  • Alexis 2013/02/11 21:46:44
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    Alexis
    +4
    I'd rather my child doing pot than cocaine, heroin, or meth. Pot is not addictive, it doesn't cause crazy side affects like seeing things, picking your skin, ect. It's safe. It's harmless. I smoke pot on occasion, not every single day. I'd allow my kids to do the same thing. Hopefully I will shortly be living in a generation where pot is legalized.
  • David Hussey 2013/02/11 21:23:33
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    David Hussey
    +3
    Kids, whether they are allowed to or not will be smoking pot JP. Would I recommend to a child they take up the habit? No, I would not. But I also would discourage them from taking up alcohol as well, but that doesn't equate to me wishing to see alcohol prohibition return.

There are a whole host of things our society condones that are far worse than pot. To criminalize the smoking of pot is not just archaic, but ethically untenable.
  • Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +3
    If I had any, rather they'd be tokin' rather than drinkin'
  • TuringsChild 2013/02/11 21:08:22
    Yes, and yes, I'll smoke it.
    TuringsChild
    +5
    Actually I WON'T smoke it, and I don't think my kids SHOULD. But we CLAIM to be a free country. Why do you think it's a good thing for the govt to tell individuals how to live their lives?
    No, but I will smoke it. Why?
    +2
    Not until they are adults or need it for medicinal purposes.

I use it now to counter the effects of some drugs I sometimes have to take for pain. (herniated disc in my lower back)

2014/09/21 22:13:24