Would you visit/swim a nudist beach?

NakedWombat 2010/08/14 10:54:46
Related Topics: blog, Nudist
Other
If you were given the opportunity to visit a beach where you can legally strip and swim naked, would you go?

As a naturist/nudist, it does not bother me and the lines of, "But you'll get sunburnt" seems so silly to me as you're only wearing a tiny amount of swimming gear. Especially those who wear on a enough to cover their genitals as if they're something to be ashamed of or are scared of.

And what a way to raise children naturally.

• GirlyGirl™ 2010/08/14 16:00:53
    GirlyGirl™
    +7
    I do, and I keep going back. Here on Ile Coco in St. Barts, we sunbathe and swim in the nude. We swim and sunbathe topless in Palermo. At home, we do whatever we feel like. There is nothing wrong with the human body ~ we women have the same parts, and men the same. Just different shapes and sizes. Being a nudist is a personal choice that one makes with much thought. None of us are perverts or pedophiles, contrary to popular belief. And my moral compass is just fine.

• Doug 2013/06/17 23:20:09
    Doug
    +1
    never had a sunburn or tan lines.Nothing but nude living for me.
  • Naked_Christian 2013/03/11 09:46:47
    Naked_Christian
    +1
    If there was one 'in reach' of me, you may never see me in clothes during ANY of the warm months!

I would be the DARKEST white guy that can't keep a tan you ever seen!

And my hair would be WHITE blonde. As it is I am a VERY dark mud-water blonde.

You would call it brown now, but any time in the sun and it bleaches.
  • Dave The Canuck 2012/09/18 04:45:14
    Dave The Canuck
    +1
    I have been to Wreck Beach many times.
  • senvestoj 2012/08/01 20:47:35
    senvestoj
  • bothergobble 2010/12/24 23:05:29
    bothergobble
    +2
    It's liberating.
  • NakedWo... botherg... 2010/12/24 23:34:23
    NakedWombat
    +2
    You bet your discarded pants it is. :)
  • *GoldenGirl* 2010/08/26 14:44:53
    *GoldenGirl*
    +1
    I would only swim naked with my BF in the privacy of our own pool, I'm too modest and also wouldnt do it in front of my children. I dont get naked in front of strangers either, just too modest and shy and I dont want to see any randoms mans business...lol
  • Naked_C... *Golden... 2013/03/11 09:50:40 (edited)
    Naked_Christian
    IS lack of nudity REALLY "modesty"?

I think modesty is more of an attitude than a mode of dress or undress.

Being proud of your modesty I find very immodest.
  • colette 2010/08/24 21:02:28
    Other
    colette
    I would be nude with just a guy on a beach where it is just him and me, but not with a group of nudists, not my thing. But surprisingly here on Long Island, in past summers when I would go for my walks ( this summer a family member has health issues so I did not go to the beach once) but in the past, man, I saw lots of nude men and their weenies!! One guy, too funny, always wore a hat, but was totally nude, so he was concerned about scalp sun damage, but did not care if he burned his weenie? Now he would strut around like a rooster, I won't write c**k, though that technically is a rooster! Ahem, anyhow that guy was a total exhibitionist, one time he must had seen me walking along the shore and decided he was gonna meet up with me butt naked, and show off his goods. I saw him walking to the shoreline and I was thinking, "Hell no are you gonna wag your weenie near me!" So I walked up higher on the beach, and dyam he walked up higher too, ok I was now annoyed, so I walked back down to the shore and yep weenie guy walked down, I tricked the dude by walking by the shore then quickly as I got close to him walking at a fast pace up high on the beach avoiding having to greet him and his weenie. I bet poor weenie guy was disappointed that I was not gonna lay my eyes on his bare ween...
    I would be nude with just a guy on a beach where it is just him and me, but not with a group of nudists, not my thing. But surprisingly here on Long Island, in past summers when I would go for my walks ( this summer a family member has health issues so I did not go to the beach once) but in the past, man, I saw lots of nude men and their weenies!! One guy, too funny, always wore a hat, but was totally nude, so he was concerned about scalp sun damage, but did not care if he burned his weenie? Now he would strut around like a rooster, I won't write c**k, though that technically is a rooster! Ahem, anyhow that guy was a total exhibitionist, one time he must had seen me walking along the shore and decided he was gonna meet up with me butt naked, and show off his goods. I saw him walking to the shoreline and I was thinking, "Hell no are you gonna wag your weenie near me!" So I walked up higher on the beach, and dyam he walked up higher too, ok I was now annoyed, so I walked back down to the shore and yep weenie guy walked down, I tricked the dude by walking by the shore then quickly as I got close to him walking at a fast pace up high on the beach avoiding having to greet him and his weenie. I bet poor weenie guy was disappointed that I was not gonna lay my eyes on his bare weenie!! And on that same stretch of beach I have seen other nude guys and a few women as well, and I have seen sexual activity here and there, one couple had actual sex ( I swear at first I thought it was two animals mating wildly by the cliffs; another couple, hmm I am not sure if it was actual sex taking place, see she sat on the guy's groin area as he laid back on the sand, they were both clothed, yet her rather big flowing skirt was splayed out around them and they stayed still as I walked by, now I could had been mean and said, "Hey can you get up off of him I wanna see what's going on there!" But I resisted... I dunno I think some hanky panky was going on there. And I saw one guy at another beach laying on a retaining wall by a home wearing a t-shirt and nothing else, to be honest that was pretty comical, who lays out like that?? And I get the feeling he was laying there waiting for this woman I saw jogging I think he maybe saw her before and decided he was gonna lay there weenie out for her to see. And I saw some guy who I happened upon who was freakishly laying right on a freaking trail, ok that was odd, he was nude , but I swear his flaccid weenie looked like pink dog's doo as it laid there kind of curled up on his groin, sheeesh! I warned another female walker thinking she would turn and go in the opposite direction, nope, she thanked me and walked on toward him, hahaha!
  • NakedWo... colette 2010/08/24 22:06:59
    NakedWombat
    +2
    I've always found it funny to see people completely naked but a hat.
  • colette NakedWo... 2010/08/24 22:37:31
    colette
    +1
    HAHA I totally agree, or naked and the guy carries his wallet and keys in his butt crack, ok I never saw that, but dyam it would be funny to see!
  • colette 2011/07/06 06:20:27
    +3
    I'm glad your meetings with some nude people were comical, but seriously not every guy who is naked wants you to see his penis, believe it or not. :D
  • Naked_C... colette 2013/03/11 09:56:48
    Naked_Christian
    Hmm, I would find it strange if some random woman was to greet me AND a part of my body.

I think I would be avoiding YOU, the weenie-whisperer.
  • seldombites 2010/08/23 06:39:50
    Other
    seldombites
    +1
    Possibly. I don't really like swimming at the beach, though.
  • NakedWo... seldomb... 2010/08/23 08:59:31
    NakedWombat
    +1
    There's always the lagoon, billabong, pool. ;)
  • seldomb... NakedWo... 2010/08/27 12:23:43
    seldombites
    +2
    For those - no hesitation :-)
  • David - a nudist 2010/08/21 19:51:21
  • BritishNaturism 2010/08/17 23:26:09
    BritishNaturism
    +5
    In my experience the children of naturist families grow up with more confidence and fewer 'hang-ups' than those of non-naturist families. They also grow up with a much more mature attitude to nakedness and more respect for their own body.

Evidence suggests that this translates into much lower teenage pregnancy rates as well as lower rates of STI's. Those nations where nudity is more 'mainstream' fair much better than those with prudish and/or restrictive attitudes. It is no small effect - the ratio between the most prudish and the most liberal has been as high as 10:1 for teenage pregnancy and 70:1 for certain STI's.

Other benefits include fewer eating disorders and lower rates of sexual crime.
  • sexyvgirl6969 2010/08/17 01:50:44
    sexyvgirl6969
    +3
    I like nude beaches.
  • Laja 2010/08/16 02:57:44
    Laja
    +2
    I think I would if it were allowed.
  • oldsalt 2010/08/16 01:30:19
    oldsalt
    +2
    Been there,done that in Black's Beach,San Diego,CA & at N.Truro,Cape Cod,MA
  • Asia 2010/08/15 06:02:25
    Asia
    +2
    yes i would
  • Lovelybadone 2010/08/14 23:44:33
    Other
    Lovelybadone
    +2
    of ourse I would go, might be interesting, but idk if I myself would go naked... But if my kids wanted to or if my husband wanted too, I would'nt stop them.
  • Shawna 2010/08/14 20:51:49
    Shawna
    +3
    I have been to beaches where most people there swim nude although I did not. It happens to be a really good beach and I don't care if people are naked or wearing bathing suits. I am not acustomed to walking around naked-lol every day I go right from bed to the shower and then immediately get dressed. But neither am I offended by anyone else's nakedness.
  • Naked_C... Shawna 2013/03/11 10:01:33
    Naked_Christian
    +1
    It's nice to see textile-addicted people that are not threatened by other people's freedoms.
  • Shawna Naked_C... 2013/03/11 14:41:47
    Shawna
    +1
    LOL-I do love textiles but it's true I do not require others to share that love.
  • themadhare ~IJM 2010/08/14 20:34:55
    themadhare ~IJM
    +2
    there were some really Idyllic ones in Northern California in the Monterey/Santa Cruz area. Maybe I'll go again when I get back over there. idyllic northern california montereysanta cruz ill
  • Leah 2010/08/14 16:21:41 (edited)
    Leah
    +3
    I don't sunbathe or do much of anything in the sun that I'm not covered up and drenched in sunscreen. I'm one of those pasty white people that don't tan...just blister...lol...I wasn't made for sun :)

*edit*
    I do like skinny dipping at night though :)
  • NakedWo... Leah 2010/08/14 16:24:47
    NakedWombat
    +1
    I once saw my mother get sun stroke after spending 5 minutes outside. Now's a wuss puss of a body. LOL That sun stroke can one feel awfully sick.
  • Leah NakedWo... 2010/08/14 16:29:29
    Leah
    +2
    oh no! I hope she's ok now...lol...my daughter was practically born with a tan...she didn't get it from me!
    This pic is about 10 years old, but she was showing off our differences in it
    shes lol daughter practically born tan pic 10 years differences
  • NakedWo... Leah 2010/08/14 16:34:02
    NakedWombat
    +2
    Pale white like uncooked pie pastry.

My mother's skin is very much of the Scot/Irish factor making it pale. My skin is dominated by the Germanics on my father's side so I tan quite easily. As a kid, I was only in shorts most of the time and my skin was dark. I looked like a black fella. LOL
  • Peapod Leah 2010/08/14 20:24:15
    Peapod
    +2
    Great picture Leah!
  • Leah Peapod 2010/08/14 23:15:00
    Leah
    +1
    Thank you...I was about 28-29 then...lol
  • Naked_C... Leah 2013/03/11 10:06:07 (edited)
    Naked_Christian
    That is shameful!

You should give a warning before you flash that ultra-bright skin.

Give us a chance to put on our sunglasses. B-) :p :D

dark glasses

Only kidding.

You CAN build a tan, you just have to be VERY careful about it. I am in much the same pigment boat as you.
  • Peapod Leah 2010/08/14 20:29:42
    Peapod
    +2
    I used to skinny dip at night when I was younger....alot younger. Would I do it again? Hmmmmmm....have to think about that one.
  • Leah Peapod 2010/08/14 23:16:15
    Leah
    +1
    It's much easier at night...lol...but I'd only do it with my fiance now :)
  • GirlyGirl™ 2010/08/14 16:00:53
    GirlyGirl™
    +7
  • Peapod GirlyGirl™ 2010/08/14 20:26:07
    Peapod
    +2
    Sounds like a healthy attitude to me, although I personally have never been to nakey beach in my life.
  • Zolfie™ Peapod 2010/08/24 06:41:45
    Zolfie™
    +2
    well time to try it out then :) before the summer is over :)
  • Peapod Zolfie™ 2010/08/24 14:38:54
    Peapod
    +1
    Only if you promise to close your eyes when I jump in! Hahahaha!

2014/10/23 05:16:58