Would You Save Your Pet or A Stranger ?

AK 2009/08/26 22:27:53
I Would Save My Pet .
I Would Save Someone's Life .
IF THERE WAS SOME EMERGENCY & YOU COULD ONLY SAVE ONE WHICH WOULD IT BE ?

• vicki Adams Sloane 2013/06/27 07:55:39
    I Would Save Someone's Life .
    vicki Adams Sloane
    Of course SOMEONES Life. Humans first.
  • matt.black.186 2013/02/04 04:47:36
    I Would Save My Pet .
    matt.black.186
    I would save my pet, with no doubt in my mind.
  • cnpcox 2013/01/10 23:47:14
    I Would Save Someone's Life .
    cnpcox
    I'm just trying to imagine myself in that situation. Heck, I have a dog and a lot of cats and each one of them I treat like they're my babies. But a human being and an animal, they're not the same. That's why the verdict for the murderer of a child and the murderer of a dog is different, that's why we eat animals and don't eat humans. Thinking that the child has a family, a future? My dog will always forever be a dog. That child, he may be a doctor, an astronaut, a pilot. He has parents. If I ever have a kid, and God knows how painful giving birth will be, I sure will be devastated if he dies. My dog will be missed, by me. That kid will be missed by many. I'm sure if you put ahead someone else's feelings before yours it will be returned in a good way.
  • Sagan 2012/08/24 03:36:28
  • Harry 2012/08/19 18:23:53
    I Would Save My Pet .
    Harry
    +1
    Take away my house, take away all my money, fire me from my football team, fire me from my job, take away my clothes, take away my respect, give me AIDS, give me testicular cancer or even take away my life.... But dont take away my pet from me, hes the most precious thing to me in the entire universe. I love my pet as much as Ash loves his Pikachu (from Pokemon).
    So, I dont think i'd even save my best friend against my pet.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than be loved for who im not.
  • Alex Woods 2012/08/11 12:00:06
    I Would Save My Pet .
    Alex Woods
    +1
    My pets are my family. Nobody is above my family. I would take a bullet to save my cat and dog. Hell if i had to choose between the whole world and my family i'd choose my family cos they are more important to me than this whole world. I will always be there for my loved ones no matter what the consequence.
    I take decisions according to what matters to ME most, not what matters to YOU most.
  • Thomas K 2012/07/19 13:02:36
    I Would Save Someone's Life .
    Thomas K
    +2
    A pet isn't part of your damned family. Your pet is a domesticated animal you locked up in your home that you treat like a person. But it's not a person. A person has dreams, loves, sorrows, and a complex sense of deliberate purpose, knowledge, and consciousness of their own existence and eventual non-existence. A human being is also a member of your own species; that should count as being closer to your "family" than an animal. There is nothing moral or humane about treating animals as equal, or superior to human beings. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, selfish, or morally corrupt.
  • Alex Woods Thomas K 2012/08/11 12:32:00
    Alex Woods
    +4
    A pet becomes a part of your damned family if you wish it to be so. For many people their pets are a part of their family as much as their mom, dad, sister and brothers. Its not because they want animals to become equal to humans, its because they have immense love for their pets.
    Just because a human has dreams and is the same species doesnt mean you automatically fall in love with him and start loving him more then your own family. You might not love your pets, but people who love their pets and then give up on them just to save someone's life are just show offs, who want to become heroes of the society.

Also: People have the ability to love an animal,as much as they can love another human being.
    First comes your loved ones, then comes the whole world
  • max Alex Woods 2012/08/13 06:59:21
    max
    +3
    Exactly. These 'people' (or monsters i must say) who love their pets SO MUCH and share so many things and memories with them and then they suddenly give up on them because they dont have enough 'value'? how shallow is that? You reject someone because they dont have much importance for the society? What about how much importance they have for you?

Alexander the Great loved his horse Bucephalus so much that he named a city Bucephalus after his death. Do you think he would save some guy over his horse? NO.
    He once killed everyone in an Egyptian city because a priest told him so, but yet hes called Alexander the Great, NOT Alexander the Sick and Disgusting.
    Humans are NOT your fellow brothers and sisters (do not live in this delusion) , they are just neutral beings who exist along with you. They are more like your competitions than your 'ready-mate relatives'. When the need arises to put them down, you put them down, there is no other way for survival.

People who would give up their loved ones for someone else are not to be trusted. They will give up on anyone to save a more valuable person.
    My ex-gf left me for another guy who was rich, tall and better looking than me. She said he was more valuable than me and that I do not have the right to question her decisions.
    I mean, we were ...

I mean, we were in love for 4 years and I was going to marry her. But she chose the path of morals and values.. I am glad now that I am not attached to a person anymore who gives importance to her morals more than love.

NEVER trust someone who talks about morals. They will leave you and stab you if they have to. I prefer loyalty more than moral values.
  • Sagan Thomas K 2012/08/24 03:27:15
  • AllWeKnowIsAllWeAre 2009/11/06 18:40:48
    I Would Save My Pet .
    AllWeKnowIsAllWeAre
    +2
    Dude, my pets are more important to me than someone I do not know...
  • Tracer Bullet 2009/10/26 07:11:54
    I Would Save My Pet .
    Tracer Bullet
    +1
    Too much emphasis is put on the "value of human life" by humans. There is nothing wrong with choosing the life of your companion over the life of a stranger. It isn't "sick", it's love and devotion.
  • Jennifer 2009/10/23 19:29:24
    I Would Save Someone's Life .
    Jennifer
    +1
    What is wrong with you people? You would save your dog or cat over a human life? That is SICK!! Your cat poops in a box and licks its butt and has minimal intelligence. And dogs...nasty. Dogs not only eat their OWN poop but they eat cat poop and do not have nearly as much intelligence as a human being. That "stranger" could be a mom, dad, brother, sister, husband or wife. And statistically they are not going to be a rapist or serial killer. Chances are they are an ordinary person trying to do the best they can. Get over your pets already, pets come and go but a human life is valuable and something to cherish. You people are sick.
  • Alex Woods Jennifer 2012/08/11 12:15:21
    Alex Woods
    +2
    You are the sick one. What if the person loves his dog/cat as much as his mom, dad, brother, sister, husband or wife? Who the hell are you to tell others who to love and who not to?
    People can love anyone regardless of what species it is.... and they will always save the one who they love more.
  • Sagan Alex Woods 2012/08/24 03:31:01
  • vicki A... Jennifer 2013/06/27 07:56:32
    vicki Adams Sloane
    The world is SICK. I agree with YOU.
  • daydream - believer 2009/10/11 16:05:38
    I Would Save Someone's Life .
    daydream - believer
    +1
    the stranger has a family and a life

if i could save some one i would
  • Jennifer daydrea... 2009/10/23 19:31:06
    Jennifer
    +1
    Thank you! Someone with some intelligence. If someone saved their cat or dog over my children, I do not know what I would do. I think I would hurt them.
  • max Jennifer 2012/08/13 07:11:31
    max
    +1
    You would hurt them because they choose their love over yours? Do you know them or what goes on in their mind? Do you love your child ONLY because hes your own species and superior to a dog? Is that the only reason you can love someone for? Do you even realize that humans are capable of doing MUCH better that that?

We have the ability to love our pets as much as you can love a human. Its the same love.
    So dont go on judging people and threatening them because you cant understand them. We all are entitled to our own believes.
  • Vampchick 2009/09/12 20:50:48
    I Would Save Someone's Life .
    Vampchick
    people are more important
  • Ernie Vampchick 2010/12/05 14:56:50
    Ernie
    +1
    That is right. People are important. Human life is more valuable to animal life. Humans have goal, extensive interest, and have more value than animal possess. Human life is more worthy and useful to others (mankind) while animal have fewer values or intent to save or preserving other living things. Decision on saving the human or the dog is like making decision between needs and wants which needs have more value than wants. We can't give right to animal to live by taking away a fellow human's life.
  • max Ernie 2012/08/13 07:36:08
    max
    +2
    Yes. When its a decision between an animal and a human, I would choose a human.
    But if that animal is my MY pet, then I want my pet and family to survive more than any other outsider 'fellow human' being. People have been killing each other since the beginning of mankind for simple reasons such as land, water, food, oil etc. Theres nothing so special about humanity that I would value more than my own loved ones.
    People like you would sell their mom if someone tells them its for the better of the society.

I am just sad, that people have more value for the society than themselfs.
  • Sagan Vampchick 2012/08/24 03:50:05
  • Bee 2009/09/01 18:25:58
    I Would Save Someone's Life .
    Bee
    stranger for sure, they have a sole and actually go somewhere after death
  • Sagan Bee 2013/01/13 16:17:21
  • megh-momma-flex 2009/08/30 14:12:07
    I Would Save My Pet .
    megh-momma-flex
    i don't think most of us could decide until we were actually faced with that decision.
  • Jennifer megh-mo... 2009/10/23 19:32:29
    Jennifer
    +1
    Very good point and I hope all these people who are saying they would save their pet would realize that human life is much more valuable and in that instant save that person, one can only hope.
  • megh-mo... Jennifer 2009/10/24 17:59:05
    megh-momma-flex
    hope can be a powerful thing at times:) one should always keep it in their heart.
  • Shawn Jennifer 2012/08/13 15:14:52
    Shawn
    +3
    Sorry I would like to disagree with you. Love and loved ones are more important and valuable than human life. If I became a soldier (which I very much want to), I would kill other humans, but never will i kill my loved ones.
    So there you go. You do your best to save humanity. il do best to save the ones I love.
    Peace........
  • Appletree 2009/08/29 21:05:45
    I Would Save My Pet .
    Appletree
    it's like a relative!
  • ☺♥.•°Bəth°•.☻ 2009/08/29 01:38:21 (edited)
    I Would Save My Pet .
    ☺♥.•°Bəth°•.☻
    well pet's are also living.
    but maybe that person had children
    they took care of or something...
    so i don't know
    but pet's are more loyal than
    humans
  • redneck woman 2009/08/29 01:29:48
    I Would Save Someone's Life .
    redneck woman
    As much as I love my pets, I hold human life as more valuable.
  • matsulori 2009/08/29 01:09:30
    I Would Save My Pet .
    matsulori
    Definitely my puppies. They would come to me first; I would return the loyalty.
  • Jennifer matsulori 2009/10/23 19:33:31
    Jennifer
    +1
    Sick...go make some friends and stop spending so much time with your fur balls
  • matsulori Jennifer 2009/10/23 23:30:20
    matsulori
    +2
    You obviously don't have the sense or the desire nor have you had the opportunity to experience the bond thatt has been proven to exist between a person and their animals. If the tables were turned, my three Pitbulls would die trying to save my life. I think it's YOU that's SICK, to so callously and with such facility discount the value of the life of an animal versus a human -- humans who have been shown throughout history to be capable of every facet of cruelty, not just in the Dark Ages, but now, still, TODAY.

In any case, I'm really not interested in the opinion of a person who obviously has her values skewed -- You should get a dog or a cat.

And trust me, dear, my one-year-old Pitbull pups may be smaller than the average Pitbull, but pound for pound, "fur balls" is not an apt term to use when attempting to denigrate my puppies.

So, yeah: my pups would fight to the death to save my life -- I know this -- and I would proudly and vehemently do the same for each and every one of them. Not only that, when you get an animal, you are taking on karmic responsibility for that animal's life.

And last, who the fuck asked you to judge, Jennifer? Bored one day, and decided to try to change me for the better? You know, like what would Jesus do, or some shit? It's people like YOU that make me all the more likely to save my DOGS over a stranger any day of the week.
  • Jennifer matsulori 2009/10/24 00:41:32
    Jennifer
    +2
    Ha! Pitbulls...lovely. They would fight to the death for just about anything so do not flatter yourself. And animals in general can be JUST AS MEAN as humans. Perhaps you have never seen a person mauled to death by a dog or any animal for that matter. Dogs are butt licking, poop eating, leg humping, four legged creatures who do not hold nearly as much worth as most people.

I am curious to know if your perception would change if a stranger did not save your husband because they were too busy saving their pet. I would like to know your predicted feelings about that scenario. Some states have laws about saving human lives. If you are able to save a human being without being harmed yourself and refuse, you can and will go to jail.

I have a cat and I have had other pets as well. I like them but I do not feel a strong emotional bond towards them. In fact it is people like yourself who turn me against animals. I refuse to be in the same category as any of you. Pets are not HUMAN BEINGS or kids and there needs to be a line drawn.

I love my kids, my husband and people in general. I have been back stabbed and done wrong but those people do not compare to the many wonderful people I have in my life. Most people are just ordinary souls trying to do the best they can. I would never purpos...

I love my kids, my husband and people in general. I have been back stabbed and done wrong but those people do not compare to the many wonderful people I have in my life. Most people are just ordinary souls trying to do the best they can. I would never purposely rob someone of their mom, dad, brother, sister, husband, wife, friend and so forth over an animal.

And yes I am bored on my day off. I decided to do some research on this topic because I feel VERY strongly about it. I am a nursing student and my passion is helping and saving the human race. People have souls and are intelligent beings who have stupid moments :O) Animals are second, they are man's companions and should not be equal.
  • matsulori Jennifer 2009/10/24 01:33:49
    matsulori
    +1
    You really burst my bubble, Jen. I thought I was going to enjoy an evening of intelligent debate with someone with a brain -- it doesn't happen often, and I do enjoy it immensely. Oh, but you pissed in my cheerios when you showed your abject drooling idiocy when you spoke of Pitbulls as a breed to be likely to "fight to the death for just about anything..." Y'know, the internet is only your keyboard away. You COULD HAVE educated yourself about the breed and said something possibly scathing, but at the very least, informed. You disappoint. Instead, you pull a complete boner and said quite possibly the number one stupidest misconceptions about the breed.

Well, let me know where you're going to work after you graduate, honey. I don't want to take the chance that I may --- oh, the Gods forfend! -- be under your care.

(Psst! Just for shits and giggles, after you read this, google American Pitbull Terrier, and read some of the ACK/UKC accepted descriptions of the breed, JUST SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT AN IDIOT YOU MADE YOURSELF SOUND ON A PUBLIC FORUM ON THE INTERNET, YOU NINNY.)
  • Jennifer matsulori 2009/10/24 01:52:30
    Jennifer
    Okay...just because I have a differing opinion from you concerning pitbulls does not mean that I am unintelligent. I happened to grow up near LA and I have witnessed some HORRIBLE accidents involving pitbulls. I have a bad taste in my mouth for them because of my personal experiences so therefore I stay away from them. I have NEVER encountered a nice pitbull. Maybe you have 3 very nice dogs and can prove me wrong. And pitbulls being aggressive and mean is not a complete misconception.

Also, that was one line in my whole response. Why don't you debate the rest of my entry? In fact do that, I would be curious as to what you have to say.

On a side note, I happen to have a 3.9 GPA and I am a caring, loving and devoted mother, wife, daughter and friend. The people who truly know me have no doubt that I will be an exceptional nurse. Thanks and have a lovely evening.
  • matsulori Jennifer 2009/10/24 03:07:50 (edited)
    matsulori
    +1
    I'll tell you what, Jennifer: I'm going to choose to believe that last paragraph you wrote. And for that reason, let me share this with you:

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/...
    Breed Specific Legislation - How it effects American Pit Bull Terrier owners

Breed specific legislation or BSL for short, is on the rise around the world. BSL targets specific breeds of canine and either (A) restricts them severely or (B) completely bans them from areas.

Countries like Germany, Australia, England, and France have bans on the American Pit Bull Terrier and the ones that were already living in the country are restricted.

Usually the law states the dogs must be muzzled and on a very short 12 inch leash when out in public.

BSL is very much alive in the United States and the APBT is the number one target for such laws.

Expensive insurance is also required in many of the cities were BSL as been accepted. Sometimes it can be as high as $200,000 per dog. Hundreds of cities, towns, and states are implementing BSL.

As time goes by supporter's for this ridiculous band-aid approach are getting the laws passed with ease.

The number one restricted breed in the world is the American Pit Bull Terrier or any cross thereof. Meaning, even if your dog is suspected of having APBT in it's blood it can fall under the powe...

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/...

The number one restricted breed in the world is the American Pit Bull Terrier or any cross thereof. Meaning, even if your dog is suspected of having APBT in it's blood it can fall under the power of these laws.

BSL is nothing more than breed profiling and as of yet it has not worked to curb the amount of serious dog attacks it was put in place to stop.

Matter of fact, the only thing it has done is make life hell for ordinary law abiding dog lover's.
    Why breed specific legislation will never work

BSL is a flawed concept from the moment it is conceived. In most cases the dogs are targeted leaving the owner, which is the responsible, rational thinking party, out of it.

Some impose fines along with their laws but are often not enforced to the maximum so the owner gets away with a slap on the wrist.

Dogs are not the problem and BSL does not recognize this. People are the problem and until we find a way to punish people for their neglectful actions which allow dogs to bite and terrorize the public we will never stop the problem.

First problem is, take one breed away, these people will find another breed to replace it.

Since the APBT bans the Rottweiler is now on the rise as the most popular breed.

Now these dogs are taking heat from the general public and the BSL supporters. Again they are restricting the dogs and not the people.

BSL can be compared to gender profiling or racial profiling. Simply because a dog appears to be a dog on the restricted list it is treated as one.

What if you were driving down the road and the police took you to jail, sentenced you, and placed you on death row just for looking like a certain ethnic group? BSL does exactly that to dogs.

So why is it then that more BSL laws are implemented daily? God forbid a person have to take responsibility for their irresponsible actions and BSL supports these people by not placing very harsh punishments on them.

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/...
    They have locking jaws! Bullets bounce right off them! And other Bunk about Pit Bulls...

MYTH: All Pit Bulls are mean and vicious.

It is reported on temperament tests conducted by the American Temperament Test Society that Pit Bulls had a passing rate of 82% or better -- compared to only 77% of the general dog population.

These temperament tests consist of putting a dog through a series of unexpected situations, some involving strangers.

Any signs of unprovoked aggression or panic in these situations result in failure of the test. The achievement of Pit Bulls in this study disproves that they are inherently aggressive to people. (Please visit ATTS.org)

MYTH: A Pit Bull that shows aggression towards an animal will go for people next.

"Many working breeds have antipathy towards other animals - coonhounds go mad at the sight of a raccoon, foxhounds will not hesitate to tear a dog-like fox to shreds, greyhounds live to chase and maul rabbits and even dog-like coyotes. Even the ever-friendly beagle will slaughter a rabbit, given the chance.

And yet the greyhound, coon and foxhound and beagle are among the friendliest of breeds towards humans. And it is the same with the pit bulldog. His work through the years has been control of other animals - never humans. A correct pit bull is more often than not submissive toward all humans, and adores children.

A pit bull that snarls, lunges or growls at non-threatening humans is NOT typical of the breed." (Written by Diane Jessup)

Pit bulls that do show aggressive behavior towards humans are not typical of the breed and should be humanely euthanized.

MYTH: If a Pit Bull was never trained to fight, it will be safe with other dogs.

Pit Bulls can live peacefully with other dogs and animals. However, the Pit Bull has historically been bred to take down large animals. Early and continual socialization can help a Pit Bull be more animal friendly. Genetics, however, play an important role in how the dog will respond to other dogs and animals.

A Pit Bull that will fight another dog if unattended is a normal Pit Bull. Even if a Pit Bull does not start the fight, it has the potential to seriously injure or kill a dog once in the fight.

The Pit Bull has been bred to not back down and withstand pain until the goal is met. This quality does not carry true in all Pit Bulls, but it is safe to assume it is a potential in any Pit Bull in order to avoid unnecessary problems.

Pit Bulls have a late maturity, and a Pit Bull that was dog friendly at 7 months old may suddenly show signs of intolerance of unfamiliar dogs around two years old. Spaying and neutering the dog may help to prevent "turning on" the genetic urge to fight another dog.

All dog fights are preventable, however. Socialize a Pit Bull slowly with new dogs, and never let them play unattended. Remove items such as toys and food bowls to avoid stress.

Pit Bulls can live happily with other pets; if not left unattended. Even the "best of friends" can fight, and the outcome may be tragic. This can be true for dogs that have been together for years. Often, after the first serious fight, relations between the dogs are never the same.

Keeping that first fight from happening is a great way to ensure peaceful relations for the long run. If there is a multiple-dog household, it is important to separate the dogs when there is no one home.

Many people use crates for short times, put dogs into separate rooms, use kennels, or have outdoor areas set up for separation that are safe and secure. Pit Bulls can get along wonderfully with animals like cats, rabbits, and ferrets, but for safety's sake, never leave them alone together.

MYTH: American Pit Bull Terriers have 1600 P.S.I. in jaw pressure

Dr. Lehr Brisbin of the University of Georgia states, "To the best of our knowledge, there are no published scientific studies that would allow any meaningful comparison to be made of the biting power of various breeds of dogs.

There are, moreover, compelling technical reasons why such data describing biting power in terms of "pounds per square inch" can never be collected in a meaningful way. All figures describing biting power in such terms can be traced to either unfounded rumor or, in some cases, to newspaper articles with no foundation in factual data."

MYTH: American Pit Bull Terriers lock their jaws.

Dr. Brisbin: "The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog.

There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of "locking mechanism" unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier.

MYTH: Treadmills are only used to get dogs ready to fight.

Many responsible owners utilize treadmills to help exercise their dogs. This is useful in places where weather prevents outdoor exercise, or in situations where off-leash exercise in not an option.

The treadmill is used by people that show their Pit Bulls, and do sporting activities like weight pull and agility to help keep their dogs in shape. Because Pit Bulls are athletic animals, responsibly using a treadmill can help them be healthier and happier.

MYTH: Pit Bulls brains swell/never stop growing.

This rumor started with the Doberman, and has since been said about game-bred dogs in general. The concept of an animal's brain swelling or growing too large and somehow causing the animal to "go crazy" is not based in truth in any way.

Their brains grow at the same rate as any other dog, and the only time that a Pit Bull's brain is going to swell is if it receives a serious injury. If an animal's brain were to grow too big for its head, the animal would die.

MYTH: It is unsafe to get a Pit Bull from a rescue or shelter because their past/genetics are unknown.

Under the best of circumstances, it is great to know the history of a dog, the history and health of its parents, and what that line of dogs were bred for.

If a person is buying a Pit Bull from a breeder, this information should be of top importance. However, in most shelter/rescue cases this information is not available. The Pit Bull at the shelter will often be a wonderful pet. It is important to know the general behavior of the dog.

Has it shown any aggression towards humans? Most Pit Bull rescues will not accept or adopt out Pit Bulls with any level of aggression or excessive shyness towards humans. How does this dog do with other dogs? Has it shown any undesirable behavior or habits?

It is suggested that a potential adopter of a Pit Bull bring the whole family to meet the dog. Often, shelters and rescues will allow you to take the dog for a home visit to see how they respond to the new surroundings. Most adoptions of a Pit Bull are amazing successes, and the adopter is not only receiving a pet, but they are also saving a life!

MYTH: It is best to get a puppy so that you can make it behave how you want it to.

Many people feel if they get a Pit Bull as a puppy they can train it to not be aggressive towards other dogs and increase the likelihood that the dog will have no undesirable behavior qualities.

Puppies can be a lot of fun and very rewarding, but with a new puppy there is no way of knowing how that dog will act as an adult.

One benefit of adopting a young adult or full grown Pit Bull is the ability to avoid the uncomfortable puppy behavior stage. This includes constant destructive chewing, house breaking, excessive and uncontrollable energy, teething and puppy biting, possible whining, howling, and barking for attention at night, and the time and effort it takes to begin teaching general manners and obedience.

Another benefit is that an adopter can know how an adult Pit Bull will do with other dogs, cats, children, car rides, and other certain situations. Bringing a puppy up in the most loving and social environment can only alter its predetermined genetic urges so much.

In other words, having a dog since puppyhood does not necessarily mean it will have all of the qualities desired in a pet. It may end up having some traits that are undesirable. An adult Pit Bull, however, will have more of an established personality, and an adopter can know what to expect with the dog.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/a...
    The American Pit Bull Terrier has a strong pleasure to please. The APBT has evoked more human emotional, rational, and irrational response than any other breed that exists today. By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized with a firm, but calm, confident, consistent pack leader, they will not even be aggressive with them. These are truly quality companions for quality owners only! The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet, which is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful with meek owners and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppy hood. They are very friendly, but not recommended for most people, because most people do not understand how to properly raise and treat a dog. Problems arise when one does not understands dog psychology, seeing the dog as having human emotions, and ends up with a dog who thinks he is the boss of the house. For a smaller, not as powerful dog, people can sometimes get away with this, however, for a powerful breed, one really needs to understand and follow this concept of keeping a dog. An excellent guide to learning how to properly treat a dog is the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan (recommended to all dog owners regardless of the breed they own). Excellent with children in the family, they have a high pain tolerance and will happily put up with rough child play. As with any breed, they should not be left alone with unfamiliar children. Originally used as fighting dogs, the powerful American Pit Bull may go for the throat of strange dogs. A minimum of training, along with the proper amount of exercise and a firm pack leader, will produce a tranquil, obedient dog. Socialize very thoroughly when young to combat aggressive tendencies and be sure to keep the dog under control when other dogs are present. Teach this dog respect for humans by not allowing it to jump up and not allowing it to enter doorways first. The humans must make the dog heel beside or behind them when walking. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. The objective in training this dog is to achieve a pack leader status. It is a natural instinct for a dog to have an order in their pack. When we humans live with dogs, we become their pack. The entire pack cooperates under a single leader. Lines are clearly defined and rules are set. You and all other humans MUST be higher up in the order than the dog. That is the only way your relationship can be a success. When properly trained and socialized, this is a very good dog and a great family companion. Unfortunately, some choose to promote the fighting instinct in the breed, giving it a bad name. If you would like to witness what a well-balanced Pitbull is like, tune into the Dog Whisperer and check out Daddy and Junior along with the rest of Cesar's pack of Pits
  • matsulori Jennifer 2009/10/26 03:01:55
    matsulori
    +1
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/a...
    The American Pit Bull Terrier has a strong pleasure to please. The APBT has evoked more human emotional, rational, and irrational response than any other breed that exists today. By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized with a firm, but calm, confident, consistent pack leader, they will not even be aggressive with them. These are truly quality companions for quality owners only! The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet, which is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful with meek owners and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppy hood. They are very friendly, but not recommended for most people, be...
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/a...

2014/07/29 15:06:57