Would you recommend splat hair dye?

crazychic4u 2010/02/17 22:46:58
yes
no
dont answer if you have never used it

• Jaci 2010/08/20 21:44:09
    no
    Jaci
    +6
    i dyed my hair red and i took a shower,now it has big chunks of my natural brown hair in it. i didnt bleach it,but my hair was light brown,almost blonde to begin with.

• Emily1126 2012/12/02 20:30:22 (edited)
    yes
    Emily1126
    It is the only one I will use.

Everyone who is saying it faded too quiccly either a)tried to put the color onto dark hair without bleaching like an idiot (unless that's the look they were going for) b)didn't leave the bleach/oxide/color in long enough (read the damn box...) Or c) is just a complete fucctard (probably this one.) However, the best one I have used is called "Colour Rays" & can be purchased at your local Walmart.
  • Ashlen Assasnation 2012/11/25 20:54:08
    yes
    Ashlen Assasnation
    +1
    I'm dying my hair blue envy right now and it's AMAZING! I LOVE splat... It has never faded on me before or anything!
  • 2012/11/14 20:30:19
    yes
    +1
    Splat is a very great type of hair dye it comes out wonderful and bright ^ __ ^
  • briana 2012/11/08 20:46:41 (edited)
    no
    briana
    Helll no i hated splat i used splat red raspberry and it washed out about two days after after two washes. Plus it destroyed my hair its comparably damaged now. Its frizzy and no matter what i do to it the damage is still noticeable. Please if your thinking about using splat read this and just go to sallys and and get loreal and use developer because splats bleach sucks and the stainer is very weak and fades very quickly
  • Emily1126 briana 2012/12/02 20:25:37
    Emily1126
    You obviously didn't do it right.
  • kkiely01 2012/10/30 05:31:38
    yes
    kkiely01
    +1
    i decided to use the purple and do layered highlights with it. When im rinsing it will it bleed on the rest of my hair?? Im scared to rinse my hair all at once :/
  • courtney kkiely01 2012/12/11 05:45:12
    courtney
    +7
    Ya, it definitely might....realistically, it probably will...you might want to just keep it seperate, and just rinse out what you want dyed....so, like, keep your hair seperate, lay the dyed parts in the sink, and rinse like that....maybe even do it ATLEAST a couuple, if not a few or more times....considering.the splat will continue to rinse out of your hair until it is completely washed out...but after a few seperate washes, it should be alright, I would doubt it would bleed into the rest of your hair with the ability to dye it, potentially

On the product, splat...awesome product
    I've used splat countless times, and was always satisfied . The color is always vibrant, usually matching the box. But be weary...I have had to stop using the product. Because, as someone else mentioned, it does damage your hair...I'm bot sure if it's the bleach they use, or the dye itself, or perhaps just a combination of the two...butt, and I have very thin hair, almost baby fine, so the damage was irreparable, for me. I had to cut it, eventually.
    I have used ALMOST every color that splat has out...purple, most recently. And it was awesome, as always.
  • Torie kkiely01 2013/06/25 10:32:39
    Torie
    +1
    Just rinse it in COLD water. it wont mix.
  • Kendra 2012/10/22 02:04:12 (edited)
    no
    Kendra
    +2
    I have used many products and this one sucked. I used the red splat. It bled every time I washed my hair and I mean it bled ALOT. Because it bled alot it faded pink. It lasted longer than manic panic but if you want something more permanent then get RAW at hot topic or on their website for a better color selection. It holds color longer smells like bubblegum is soft and conditions your hair. It's 12.99 and is very worth it. I used splat because I didn't have enough to get RAW at the time. Also, to make color last longer I left it in for 2 hours blow dried the color in my hair until it was dry left on my hair dry for an hour then rinsed it out. It doesn't hurt to blow dry any color in just don't do it with bleach. I used less than half a bottle of RAW to do my whole head. To make any hair color stretch if the bottle is almost empty put warm water in it and shake it. I have been dying my own hair for years so I hope this helps :)
  • courtney Kendra 2012/12/11 05:50:25
    courtney
    +9
    +1 rave for the dying suggestions , not the review...disagree with that, but must try the tips . I wonder if they truly make a difference, or not...
  • margo burton 2012/10/10 06:53:21
    yes
    margo burton
    Here is how mine turned out. I used revlon frost & glow highlight kit (sans cap.. applied it to all of my hair) then used the bleach that came with splat to even out my mistakes(was the first time I've ever bleached). I'm going to get some more dye tomorrow because I don't think I had enough and it came out magenta(was going for red). If another box isn't enough dye and it's still magenta, then screw it, I'll rock the magenta!

Me        X
  • margo b... margo b... 2012/10/10 23:24:07
    margo burton
    +3
    here are the results after another bottle of dye... finally got it red
  • Rachel Sowers 2012/10/10 02:36:06 (edited)
    no
    Rachel Sowers
    Im 13 and my parents are finally letting me dyw my hair pink ( on the bottom ;) )

So I was thinking about using this color but idk yet.. I have dyed my hair blonde and just did a week ago. I am going to dye it pink for halloween but my question is ; Will this work on my blonde hair since I have dyed it already? Thanks ( I only wrote no because i couldnt decide >.< )
  • sophia Rachel ... 2012/11/18 01:51:09
    sophia
    If you only want it temporary then no you dont have to bleach it, but if you want it to stay for about a month give or take I would say bleach it, I didn't bleach my friends hair and she has blonde hair and hers stayed in for about 2 days
  • Torie Rachel ... 2013/06/25 10:33:43
    Torie
    +3
    yes it'll still work!
  • ErikasMommy 2012/09/25 21:42:30
    yes
    ErikasMommy
    I love Splat! The first time I ever used it my haor was really dark and I pit purple in the bottom and you could only see it in the light. My second time around I used the bleach provided because my hair was black and I wanted the colors to really pop! I had dyed my hair A LOT before and it still turned out great! I used the blue and purple the second time. I love that the smell isnt harsh. It does stain really bad but you just gotta take precautions. I'm allergic to bleach so I was really careful and nothing happened. Some minor itching but nothing major. That was about two years ago. I now have A medium brown hair color with blonde highlights. Im naturally a blonde and I want to get back to that. I'm also going to try the red as soon as I find the time to put it in my hair. Anyone have advice or anyone that has used the lightening kit? I really wanna get back to ALL blonde without frying my hair.
  • britt ErikasM... 2012/11/07 04:55:53
    britt
    +2
    Vinegar should help if u soak your hair for like a hour or two
  • GabbieGirl108 2012/09/25 17:57:00
    yes
    GabbieGirl108
    +1
    Ive been using splat for the past four years. It has the only bleach that will strip my hair the most and ive used manic panic and another sallys brand hair dye. Splat colors are the only colors that last the longest and stay the most vibrant. If people are looking for semi-permanent short term use a different brand. It may say semi, but splat is deff demi-permanent. Ive had friends where the colors really didnt stick. Its not the dye, its your hair. Splat doesnt really like sticking to certain kinds of hair. Ive had myself and my friends use the same color. And on me, it lasted the best because my hair was prebleached. Theres wasnt. And hair hair was blonde. But beware, if you use a splat red, purple or pink because the colors are very hard to strip due to the dye being so potent. I just bleached my hair yesterday (with the box kit) and i stripped ALL the blue out and where i had red.and purple it left my hair a light cotton candy pink. Ive never loved dye more than i do splat. And yes it does stain skin for a while so be careful. And it stains skin because of, as i said before, it is such a potent dye. Splat is the best for longer term results. And also be careful but also saturate your hair with the dye and leave it in for an hour or longer. Ive found if the dye dries to my hair its soaked in as much as it can and it will stick longer. Hope this helped other rainbow color hair dye users!
  • mzparis GabbieG... 2013/04/13 04:24:11
    mzparis
    +2
    How do u get the rest of the cotton candy color out? Plz help!!!
  • stephaniec.abendroth 2012/09/25 16:57:26
    no
    stephaniec.abendroth
    Ok my experiences with splat have been mixed.... First i tried the luscious raspberries loved it.then went on to blue envy pink fetish and lusty lavender loves them all now.... Now were on to the aqua rush....... I bleached my hair it failed under the bleach i found all these "temporary colors" especially the friggin pink get out of my head pink put in the aqua rush let it sit 45 min rise dried and saw in the mirror the hair of my nightmares swamp green with pink purple and blonde splots it was dreadful i give up on splat
  • adrianna arzola 2012/09/24 20:54:52
    yes
    adrianna arzola
    Proud User Of Splat !! Been Using The Red For 2 Years & Nothing Else Goes Into My Hair. Absolutely Love It!!!
  • ellen.purton.3 2012/09/23 16:30:56
    no
    ellen.purton.3
    +1
    I dyed my hair with purple Splat five days ago, and after three washes my hairline is still purple. At least my part looks normal, but I'm tired of having to blow dry my bangs twice a day to cover my purple hairline. And the Splat is already coming off the grey hair at my temples. Bad product. Manic Panic is much better.
  • adriann... ellen.p... 2012/09/24 20:49:25
    adrianna arzola
    +3
    manic panic SUCKS, used it once to try it out and it was'nt as bright as splat nor did it stay in my hair as long. my hair color last about two months with washing it 3-4xs a week, mostly more because i end up scrunching it up when i don`t feel like doing it because my hair is so long. and i also straighten it, and blow drying it ALOT.
  • adriann... ellen.p... 2012/09/24 20:50:29
    adrianna arzola
    +3
    you have to use Vaseline or lotion, if not.. wait until your color is settled or IT WILL TAKE THE COLOR OFF, and take dish soap and a tooth brush and wash it ff your hairline.. i ALWAYS do this.
  • UnicornBaby1993 2012/09/21 22:20:10
    yes
    UnicornBaby1993
    It's all I use really lol its the best everyone who wants to try it should! It's awesome!
  • Ashley 2012/09/08 07:47:55
  • ChristynKing 2012/09/07 14:43:07
    yes
    ChristynKing
    PINK FETISH: The first Splat color I used was Pink Fetish, the day after my high school graduation:) A friend of mine, who bleaches her hair regularly, did it for me. We dyed my bangs, the sides of my hair, and a stripe across the back. When we used the bleach, the lightest we could get it was a golden-y orange, with platinum pieces. So it definitely wasn't even, but the pink came out PERFECT. I rinsed it for a good 30 minutes, and it was still dripping light pink, which it continued to do for about a week. The color didn't fade very much, but when it did fade, it turned into like a cotton candy pink:) The only problem I had was getting the color out about 3 months later. We bleached it using 40 volume (I think), and my hair was a mix of dark brown (my natural color), gold, blonde, orange and platinum, with the pink still intact. LOL. We dyed it red to cover the pink, which was very effective:) Overall, I loved it, and I'll eventually try all of their colors:)
  • cassie.... Christy... 2012/12/12 17:40:15
    cassie.thorndike
    +6
    Heyy :) i was wondering if my hair is already a natural golden light blonde,i shouldnt have to bleach to get that vibrant pink right?i REALLY dont wanna have to bleach but i still want the hot pink im only doing the bottom layer. Lol
  • Waterflea 2012/09/05 23:47:31
    no
    Waterflea
    Crappy packaging, often missing important parts
    Colour fades fast
    Lusty Lavender is magenta
  • tabby.rikke 2012/08/24 20:58:26
    yes
    tabby.rikke
    Yes, I love the stuff. I would not use any other dye!!!
  • Melissa Wright 2012/08/15 22:53:19
    yes
    Melissa Wright
    the only problem i ever had was the purple. i only ever let my hairdresser touch my hair and she LOVES splat. i dyed it redken red blonde black/blue and splat's purple. after a month it turned pink, hot pink. idk if anyone else that purple but with the other colors it was fine. i have done them all besides the bleach and black
  • Brek Melissa... 2013/02/02 23:10:32
    Brek
    +3
    I wanted to go from pink to blonde.... A woman at sallys told me its impossible. Did you have any problems going to blonde after you already dyed it another color, using splat???
  • Michelle E 2012/08/09 20:46:22
    yes
    Michelle E
    I recently bought Splat hair dye. it's the red. I bleached a little bit of my hair and died a little streak of it. It fades a little during the first wash, but that's normal. It worked really well and was really easy. I plan on dying the rest of my hair this week.

I do not recommend the blue though, because when you bleach your hair, it'll be blonde and then when the blue fades, you will complain about it being "an ugly green color" trust me.
  • adi meirzon 2012/08/09 03:44:47
  • chelsey... adi mei... 2013/03/08 15:57:36
    chelsey kay
    +1
    You probably left it in your hair too long.
  • mitch.mcconnell.92 2012/08/05 01:42:27
    yes
    mitch.mcconnell.92
    I would totally recommend this product I've used blue envy twicenow and it turned out perfect you can buy the kit at walgreens for $9.00 and the kit comes with bleach and the color but be careful because the color will stain so make sure to wear the gloves in the kit and it also comes with instructions so you know exactly what to do. I wouldn't recommend doing this during the summer because the clohrine takes alot of the color out but overall I would recommend this product
  • bluehai... mitch.m... 2012/10/06 20:36:49
    bluehairedgirl
    +1
    Does the blue fade into green?
  • gegendensturm 2012/08/05 00:23:18
    yes
    gegendensturm
    I've been using Splat colors for a little over two months now, for the underside of my hair and the tips. It works great in my opinion. The blue from the three-color kit (I think it's Kelly's Blue) stayed in for over a month, and so did the red. I never bleached my hair for it, but today I used their new lightening bleach for the first time. It came out a bit blotchy, but that's not their fault because my hair was so many different colors. It still lightened my hair a lot though, and tomorrow I'm going to bleach it again and I'll try to make sure to saturate the darker areas better.
  • Christy... gegende... 2012/09/07 14:48:14
    ChristynKing
    +3
    I used the lightning bleach kit a couple days ago, twice in one day. The first round I left in for an hour, and it was still blotchy orange-y gold, Second round lifted more, but it still isn't there yet. I'm going to give my hair a few days to rest, and do it 2 more times on Sunday and see if I can get it that gorgeous blonde that's on the box:) Also, I would recommend doing it in the evening and leaving the reconstructor on overnight with your hair wrapped in a towel. When you rinse it out the next morning, your hair will be super silky:) But let me know how many times you end up bleaching it before it gets to the right color.
  • Marissa Mitchell 2012/07/29 06:26:05
    yes
    Marissa Mitchell
    +1
    I was planning on using Aqua Rush Splat hair dye.. But what really freaks me out is.. Will I be able to change my hair back to let's say brown.. If I wanted to do it later on??

2014/10/31 21:43:20