Would you recommend splat hair dye?

crazychic4u 2010/02/17 22:46:58
yes
no
dont answer if you have never used it

• Jaci 2010/08/20 21:44:09
    no
    Jaci
    +6
    i dyed my hair red and i took a shower,now it has big chunks of my natural brown hair in it. i didnt bleach it,but my hair was light brown,almost blonde to begin with.

• sarah hilaria... 2013/04/27 06:16:54
    sarah
    +3
    It is a just dye. Not like normal box dyes with "lighteners". Its just going to dye the color you already have. Whatever shade of hair you have it will be that "shade" of dye. If you want it to show on black hair you MUST bleach it! :) good luck
  • makaela berube 2013/01/02 20:02:32
    no
    makaela berube
    +1
    i got the splat that came with the red, blue, and purple...the purple turned very light pink, the blue turned baby blue, and idk bout the red. but the very minute i washed the color dyes out of my hair it was terrible looking. i will stick with manic panic from now on. you can leave the color in overnight and it is vibrant and lasts very long
  • sarah makaela... 2013/04/27 06:18:48
    sarah
    +1
    You can leave splat in over night too! :) The longer you leave it on the better color you will get! And its cheaper than manic. But if youve found a productbthat works for you thats great! Manic never lasted for me.
  • randomnesslely 2013/01/02 01:54:57
    yes
    randomnesslely
    +1
    OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!!!!!! I'm using the fetish pink color and I swear my hair shines bright like a pink diamond lol it's such a beautiful color I've had it on for about 1 1/2 months before it started to washout but I didn't wash my hair everyday that will make the dye fade out faster
  • Minduffle randomn... 2013/07/01 07:16:45
    Minduffle
    I want to dye my hair that pink, but I am unsure how long to leave the bleach and product on. My roots are dark brown almost black, and the rest of my hair is a medium brown. I want it to be vibrant but I want to know how long to leave everything in.
  • meaganrose.michielli 2012/12/30 15:01:24
    yes
    meaganrose.michielli
    +2
    I have always used splat for coloring my hair. Yes they do fade quickly if u wash ur hair everyday and if u wash with hot water. It's not healthy for ur hair anyways to wash ur hai everyday under hot water. So far my fav color from splat is the blue. I love the blue because its a really cute blue and when it fades it starts to look like snow sort of. Soon I am using the red color from splat without bleach because to me the color is too bright. I used the bleach last time and I looked funny. So I'm going for a darker red look.
  • Jenna Harrington 2012/12/28 00:21:49
    yes
    Jenna Harrington
    i have only used the blue envy in my hair and i say it worked really well. i dyed it in september it is currently december and i still have some blue in my hair! i was not expecting it to last this long. it did fade hpowever about 2 weeks later but it didnt turn green it turned to a bluish gray and it was still really pretty. My hair is naturally really light so i didnt bleach my hair and it still came out really blue. im going to dye my hair again very soon. im going to dye it with the lucious raspberries and pink fetish on the underneath. i have never seen the way im going to dye it done so hopefully people will think its cool and never seen before.. :P
  • Taylor 2012/12/27 22:05:16
    yes
    Taylor
    I have never used splat before but I need to re-dye my hair and I don't want to go to the salon because they don't give me the red im looking for.
    So if I already have a red tint hair do I need to bleach it again? or will it come out bright red again?
  • meaganr... Taylor 2012/12/30 15:04:16
    meaganrose.michielli
    +2
    It depends if u want it light or dark. If u want it light then yes bleach ur hair just remember it is damaging. If u want a darker look then don't bleach ur hair.
  • Morgan 2012/12/13 21:20:33
    yes
    Morgan
    I've used lusty lavender and blue envy both on my unbleached medium brown/auburn hair and have had great results with a very gradual fade out so my hair stays purple tinted for a long time and remains even until it all but completely fades out. Then I just do it again! Love Splat, lasts way longer than any of the other dyes I've used but it does bleed onto fabrics and stuff if I don't dry my hair after each wash but that usually stops after the first week or so.. So overall, I recommend it.
  • Cindy 2012/12/08 02:31:00
    yes
    Cindy
    I just dyed my hair a few hours ago.
    Literally.
    I used the Luscious Raspberries kit, bleached it until my hair turned about an orangey blonde, and dyed it.
    It's a bright, BRIGHT red, perfectly satisfying my once-never-ending-obsession over red hair.
    If the color ever turned out pink for anyone, that's because you didn't dye it light enough. I've talked to a sales associate, and she specifically told me that that would happen if you didn't bleach your hair to a light enough color.
    I covered the floor with newspaper, and prepared a can of Magic Scrub bubbles, ready for any staining that could happen.
    This product DOES stain REALLY badly, and if any gets on your skin, wipe it off with a baby wipe or something, as soon as you can. My hands are still magenta, from washing the color out.
    I only had one regret, which was that I didn't have enough for ALL of my hair, so there are some spots where it's a darker red than the others, but it's barely noticeable.
    The bleach did kill my hair, but I had dyed it 4 times in the past month, not ever satisfied with the results of other permanent hair dyes, which was probably why.
    Overall, I'm REALLY satisfied with the result, and I will be buying from them again :)
  • cassie.... Cindy 2012/12/12 17:26:33
    cassie.thorndike
    +6
    Hi,i really wanna dye the underneath of my hair pink,and i bought splat to do it but my only concern is that EVERYTIME your hair gets wet the color will stain,idk if thats true so i wanna ask someone who has used it also my hair is naturally light blonde so do i still have to bleach to get a vibrant pink?:)
  • Torie cassie.... 2013/06/25 10:31:16
    Torie
    +3
    If your hair is blonde then no. It does stain everything when your hair gets wet.!
  • brittney Cindy 2013/01/18 16:57:49
    brittney
    +11
    This will be my first time using red. and my hair is brown so should i use bleach to make it look bright like ariana grande's hair.
  • Emily1126 2012/12/02 20:30:22 (edited)
    yes
    Emily1126
    It is the only one I will use.

Everyone who is saying it faded too quiccly either a)tried to put the color onto dark hair without bleaching like an idiot (unless that's the look they were going for) b)didn't leave the bleach/oxide/color in long enough (read the damn box...) Or c) is just a complete fucctard (probably this one.) However, the best one I have used is called "Colour Rays" & can be purchased at your local Walmart.
  • Ashlen Assasnation 2012/11/25 20:54:08
    yes
    Ashlen Assasnation
    +1
    I'm dying my hair blue envy right now and it's AMAZING! I LOVE splat... It has never faded on me before or anything!
  • 2012/11/14 20:30:19
    yes
    +1
    Splat is a very great type of hair dye it comes out wonderful and bright ^ __ ^
  • briana 2012/11/08 20:46:41 (edited)
    no
    briana
    Helll no i hated splat i used splat red raspberry and it washed out about two days after after two washes. Plus it destroyed my hair its comparably damaged now. Its frizzy and no matter what i do to it the damage is still noticeable. Please if your thinking about using splat read this and just go to sallys and and get loreal and use developer because splats bleach sucks and the stainer is very weak and fades very quickly
  • Emily1126 briana 2012/12/02 20:25:37
    Emily1126
    You obviously didn't do it right.
  • kkiely01 2012/10/30 05:31:38
    yes
    kkiely01
    +1
    i decided to use the purple and do layered highlights with it. When im rinsing it will it bleed on the rest of my hair?? Im scared to rinse my hair all at once :/
  • courtney kkiely01 2012/12/11 05:45:12
    courtney
    +7
    Ya, it definitely might....realistically, it probably will...you might want to just keep it seperate, and just rinse out what you want dyed....so, like, keep your hair seperate, lay the dyed parts in the sink, and rinse like that....maybe even do it ATLEAST a couuple, if not a few or more times....considering.the splat will continue to rinse out of your hair until it is completely washed out...but after a few seperate washes, it should be alright, I would doubt it would bleed into the rest of your hair with the ability to dye it, potentially

On the product, splat...awesome product
    I've used splat countless times, and was always satisfied . The color is always vibrant, usually matching the box. But be weary...I have had to stop using the product. Because, as someone else mentioned, it does damage your hair...I'm bot sure if it's the bleach they use, or the dye itself, or perhaps just a combination of the two...butt, and I have very thin hair, almost baby fine, so the damage was irreparable, for me. I had to cut it, eventually.
    I have used ALMOST every color that splat has out...purple, most recently. And it was awesome, as always.
  • Torie kkiely01 2013/06/25 10:32:39
    Torie
    +1
    Just rinse it in COLD water. it wont mix.
  • Kendra 2012/10/22 02:04:12 (edited)
    no
    Kendra
    +2
    I have used many products and this one sucked. I used the red splat. It bled every time I washed my hair and I mean it bled ALOT. Because it bled alot it faded pink. It lasted longer than manic panic but if you want something more permanent then get RAW at hot topic or on their website for a better color selection. It holds color longer smells like bubblegum is soft and conditions your hair. It's 12.99 and is very worth it. I used splat because I didn't have enough to get RAW at the time. Also, to make color last longer I left it in for 2 hours blow dried the color in my hair until it was dry left on my hair dry for an hour then rinsed it out. It doesn't hurt to blow dry any color in just don't do it with bleach. I used less than half a bottle of RAW to do my whole head. To make any hair color stretch if the bottle is almost empty put warm water in it and shake it. I have been dying my own hair for years so I hope this helps :)
  • courtney Kendra 2012/12/11 05:50:25
    courtney
    +9
    +1 rave for the dying suggestions , not the review...disagree with that, but must try the tips . I wonder if they truly make a difference, or not...
  • margo burton 2012/10/10 06:53:21
    yes
    margo burton
    Here is how mine turned out. I used revlon frost & glow highlight kit (sans cap.. applied it to all of my hair) then used the bleach that came with splat to even out my mistakes(was the first time I've ever bleached). I'm going to get some more dye tomorrow because I don't think I had enough and it came out magenta(was going for red). If another box isn't enough dye and it's still magenta, then screw it, I'll rock the magenta!

Me        X
  • margo b... margo b... 2012/10/10 23:24:07
    margo burton
    +3
    here are the results after another bottle of dye... finally got it red
  • Rachel Sowers 2012/10/10 02:36:06 (edited)
    no
    Rachel Sowers
    Im 13 and my parents are finally letting me dyw my hair pink ( on the bottom ;) )

So I was thinking about using this color but idk yet.. I have dyed my hair blonde and just did a week ago. I am going to dye it pink for halloween but my question is ; Will this work on my blonde hair since I have dyed it already? Thanks ( I only wrote no because i couldnt decide >.< )
  • sophia Rachel ... 2012/11/18 01:51:09
    sophia
    If you only want it temporary then no you dont have to bleach it, but if you want it to stay for about a month give or take I would say bleach it, I didn't bleach my friends hair and she has blonde hair and hers stayed in for about 2 days
  • Torie Rachel ... 2013/06/25 10:33:43
    Torie
    +3
    yes it'll still work!
  • ErikasMommy 2012/09/25 21:42:30
    yes
    ErikasMommy
    I love Splat! The first time I ever used it my haor was really dark and I pit purple in the bottom and you could only see it in the light. My second time around I used the bleach provided because my hair was black and I wanted the colors to really pop! I had dyed my hair A LOT before and it still turned out great! I used the blue and purple the second time. I love that the smell isnt harsh. It does stain really bad but you just gotta take precautions. I'm allergic to bleach so I was really careful and nothing happened. Some minor itching but nothing major. That was about two years ago. I now have A medium brown hair color with blonde highlights. Im naturally a blonde and I want to get back to that. I'm also going to try the red as soon as I find the time to put it in my hair. Anyone have advice or anyone that has used the lightening kit? I really wanna get back to ALL blonde without frying my hair.
  • britt ErikasM... 2012/11/07 04:55:53
    britt
    +2
    Vinegar should help if u soak your hair for like a hour or two
  • GabbieGirl108 2012/09/25 17:57:00
    yes
    GabbieGirl108
    +1
    Ive been using splat for the past four years. It has the only bleach that will strip my hair the most and ive used manic panic and another sallys brand hair dye. Splat colors are the only colors that last the longest and stay the most vibrant. If people are looking for semi-permanent short term use a different brand. It may say semi, but splat is deff demi-permanent. Ive had friends where the colors really didnt stick. Its not the dye, its your hair. Splat doesnt really like sticking to certain kinds of hair. Ive had myself and my friends use the same color. And on me, it lasted the best because my hair was prebleached. Theres wasnt. And hair hair was blonde. But beware, if you use a splat red, purple or pink because the colors are very hard to strip due to the dye being so potent. I just bleached my hair yesterday (with the box kit) and i stripped ALL the blue out and where i had red.and purple it left my hair a light cotton candy pink. Ive never loved dye more than i do splat. And yes it does stain skin for a while so be careful. And it stains skin because of, as i said before, it is such a potent dye. Splat is the best for longer term results. And also be careful but also saturate your hair with the dye and leave it in for an hour or longer. Ive found if the dye dries to my hair its soaked in as much as it can and it will stick longer. Hope this helped other rainbow color hair dye users!
  • mzparis GabbieG... 2013/04/13 04:24:11
    mzparis
    +2
    How do u get the rest of the cotton candy color out? Plz help!!!
  • stephaniec.abendroth 2012/09/25 16:57:26
    no
    stephaniec.abendroth
    Ok my experiences with splat have been mixed.... First i tried the luscious raspberries loved it.then went on to blue envy pink fetish and lusty lavender loves them all now.... Now were on to the aqua rush....... I bleached my hair it failed under the bleach i found all these "temporary colors" especially the friggin pink get out of my head pink put in the aqua rush let it sit 45 min rise dried and saw in the mirror the hair of my nightmares swamp green with pink purple and blonde splots it was dreadful i give up on splat
  • adrianna arzola 2012/09/24 20:54:52
    yes
    adrianna arzola
    Proud User Of Splat !! Been Using The Red For 2 Years & Nothing Else Goes Into My Hair. Absolutely Love It!!!
  • ellen.purton.3 2012/09/23 16:30:56
    no
    ellen.purton.3
    +1
    I dyed my hair with purple Splat five days ago, and after three washes my hairline is still purple. At least my part looks normal, but I'm tired of having to blow dry my bangs twice a day to cover my purple hairline. And the Splat is already coming off the grey hair at my temples. Bad product. Manic Panic is much better.
  • adriann... ellen.p... 2012/09/24 20:49:25
    adrianna arzola
    +3
    manic panic SUCKS, used it once to try it out and it was'nt as bright as splat nor did it stay in my hair as long. my hair color last about two months with washing it 3-4xs a week, mostly more because i end up scrunching it up when i don`t feel like doing it because my hair is so long. and i also straighten it, and blow drying it ALOT.
  • adriann... ellen.p... 2012/09/24 20:50:29
    adrianna arzola
    +3
    you have to use Vaseline or lotion, if not.. wait until your color is settled or IT WILL TAKE THE COLOR OFF, and take dish soap and a tooth brush and wash it ff your hairline.. i ALWAYS do this.
  • UnicornBaby1993 2012/09/21 22:20:10
    yes
    UnicornBaby1993
    It's all I use really lol its the best everyone who wants to try it should! It's awesome!
  • Ashley 2012/09/08 07:47:55

2015/03/28 21:14:51