Would you recommend splat hair dye?

crazychic4u 2010/02/17 22:46:58
yes
no
dont answer if you have never used it

• Jaci 2010/08/20 21:44:09
    no
    Jaci
    +6
    i dyed my hair red and i took a shower,now it has big chunks of my natural brown hair in it. i didnt bleach it,but my hair was light brown,almost blonde to begin with.

• Borderl... Cynthia 2014/05/23 18:17:04
    BorderlineXINsnaity
    +1
    Did you scrub the dye into your scalp? If so you are not suppose to do that.
  • sequoah 2013/05/24 06:02:24
    yes
    sequoah
    +1
    I have used every color and I have natural very dark brown black hair I always bleach of first but it works great I leave the bleach in for at least an hour sometimes more and the color in for at least an hour also and have always got bright great color I love it I use it all the time today I am using the bright teal looking one forgot the name of color sorry
  • piercet... sequoah 2013/08/19 15:18:57
    piercetheronnie
    +2
    I have the same dark brown hair. What kind of bleach kit do you use? Or does Splat have one? I wanna do splat's pink on the underside of my hair, how long should i keep the bleach in for? Sorry for all the questions, i'm just curious.
  • nicole mc cartney 2013/05/10 21:26:33
    yes
    nicole mc cartney
    +1
    Hey guys I used the raspberry red colour taday but stained my shower and everytime water touches it it runs pink... can anybody tell me how to get it off my shower and how long it lasts and to stop it fading and running thanks xx
  • Lezlie.... nicole ... 2013/05/13 07:40:27 (edited)
    Lezlie.Crowe
    +3
    1: I use my adjustable shower head to spray down the shower wall, door, and tub with scalding hot water to get the dye off. 2: It can vary based on a multitude of things (hair type, bleached/unbleached, processing time, etc.). 3: Wash your hair in cool water (hot water strips the color), and wash your hair only when you need to using a mild shampoo and conditioner.
  • kuchan1 nicole ... 2013/06/25 19:43:34
    kuchan1
    +3
    Commet works great!
  • Yuli 2013/04/08 17:09:23
    yes
    Yuli
    +2
    Yes I do, I use it like once a month . But I only wash my hair twice every two weeks so the color lasts longer it works pretty good but I guess it also depends on your hair . and its not nasty not washing your hair its actually healthy for it.
  • abancroft3 2013/04/07 07:54:11
    yes
    abancroft3
    A few months ago I used the aqua rush and it turned out perfectly i made sure i cut off a couple of tester locks to make sure it worked properly before doing the faux hawk i had at the time. I used the bleach that came with it. Agreeing with nina that it will damage your hair because you are bleaching it, or you didn't follow the instructions properly. But leaving the bleach it too long can cause more damage than not long enough then putting more bleach on the next day if you're not sure. but i recommend the test strips first before the damage on your head is done, take it from a 19 year old who hasn't had her natural colour since 14. :)
  • wildone 2013/03/24 02:41:34
    yes
    wildone
    i have black hair and wanting to use the blue or purple. Will this dye work or am i waisting time??
  • nina 2013/03/14 19:44:32
    no
    nina
    +1
    DO NOT USE SPLAT!!!!! it will damage your hair
  • Erika nina 2013/03/15 06:20:50
    Erika
    +4
    The color is not actually damaging. It is the bleach that is damaging as with any bleaching process or brand.
  • zombiel... nina 2013/08/01 19:17:01
    zombielover
    +2
    Every hair dye damages your hair dumbass!
  • Samanth... zombiel... 2013/08/04 15:34:06
    Samantha Rose
    +3
    Not true. La Riche Directions hair dye is very good for your hair and very vibrant.
  • Noxelle 2013/03/11 09:17:54
    yes
    Noxelle
    I totally recommend "Splat" i've used rasberry, purple,pink,blonde and now crimson it's awesome i have my pics on facebook its not damaging unless you did something wrong :) but if it does work for you then you also have to keep in mind that not everyones acid tones are the same it may work the first time or maybe the second time who know luckly mines works the first time. If you try it, its ok hair dyes fade and you can just dye it a neutral color but i love mine every time i do it and my hair was mid back almost kidney length i only use 1 box.
  • nina Noxelle 2013/03/14 19:45:33
    nina
    +2
    it is damaging tho
  • Noxelle nina 2013/05/30 11:50:10
    Noxelle
    Depends how long you leave in bleach
  • cynthia Noxelle 2013/04/08 02:12:31
    cynthia
    Iv read i. Your comment that you dyed your hair blonde using splat and i was woundering if you can give me advice . So i dyed my hair red about a year ago and now i wanna go blonde do you think it will turn out good if i use the blonde dye from splat or would my hair turn yellow or orange
  • Brek cynthia 2013/05/27 21:10:27
    Brek
    It wont go completely blonde...Youll have to invest in a purple shampoo....itll eventualy be platinum blonde but some pinkish might still show...roots are ur main problem to Keep up with
  • Noxelle cynthia 2013/05/30 11:53:17
    Noxelle
    It will take the color out it will turn a certain blonde not orange though but with punk and purple are kinda hard to take out before doing your hair wash your hair with head shoulders for at least 2 weeks and it fade the color better so you can get a better blonde ^_^
  • Siobhan Noxelle 2013/05/08 15:04:09
    Siobhan
    +2
    what colour of Splat will make your hair a dark pink colour?
  • Noxelle Siobhan 2013/05/30 11:54:52
    Noxelle
    There is only one pink just dont bleach your hair if you want it dark pink
  • @Kimbee... Noxelle 2014/02/06 04:31:28
    @Kimbeeeeerly_
    +3
    This Is Going To Be My Verry First Time Ever Using Splat , And By Reading All The Comments Its Scarring Me To Use It Because Alot Of Comments Say It Will Mess Up Your Hair Verrrrryyyyyyyy Badddd , What Should I Do So It Wont mest Up My Hair Bad ?
  • Bethany 2013/03/10 10:25:30
    yes
    Bethany
    I dyed my hair yesterday . I bleached it & then I dyed it that crimson color . I can honestly say Im in love with this dye , stain or whatever this is but it worked wonderful on my hair .
  • chelsey kay 2013/03/08 16:00:33
    yes
    chelsey kay
    +3
    I've used Blue, pink, purple, and am currently using red. As long As you take precautions to avoid staining and leave the product in for at least an hour, it's wonderful! Also, make sure when you're Applying it you completely saturate the desired area to avoid splotches and uneven color.
  • Jaime Davis 2013/02/24 20:33:03
    no
    Jaime Davis
    I used SPLAT Lav toay and only some of my hair wad dyed oe of the bleaced hair didnt dye is there anywayto fix this? HELP!
  • Erika Jaime D... 2013/03/15 06:22:05
    Erika
    +1
    Reapply the color, let it sit on your hair for the full amount of recommended time, also make sure your hair is saturated.
  • heather Jaime D... 2013/05/13 05:01:15
    heather
    +1
    I use a shower cap and sleep with the dye in my hair and rinse the next day. Works great and lasts long. NEVER do this with bleach only the direct color
  • melody treszi 2013/02/19 12:52:37
    no
    melody treszi
    Splat sucks! I just dyed my hair yesterday with one of the kits and I made sure to FOLLOW the directions to the T and it looks horrible! The blue is so faded I look like I have gray hair the red and ruby looks more like a wash of pink the blonde still shows! Splat hair dye is horrible!!!! I would never use it again!! What a waste of time and money!!!!
  • Danni_Flowers 2013/02/09 18:50:50
    no
    Danni_Flowers
    okay so this is my first time using splatt hair dye and i'm dying my hair lucious rasberry but what i wanna know is, will it turn up on my hair without bleaching it?
    many people say i don't need to bleach it but i don't know so i need help!
    my hair is brown btw.
  • Erika Danni_F... 2013/03/15 06:23:10
    Erika
    +2
    If you want it bright, and noticeable you are going to need to bleach. If you just want a tint, and something that won't last long just stick with the color.
  • hilaria... Danni_F... 2013/04/02 00:12:28
    hilaria.garza
    +1
    I have black hair didn't want to use the bleach you can only see it in the light and on my roots my hair looked brownish red. Dyed it back to black
  • sarah Danni_F... 2013/04/27 06:08:41
    sarah
    +1
    It will turn up just fine. I use the rasperry. If you bleach it it will be highlighter pink. I usually bleach a few streaks and my bangs because I like the color. But my hair is mouse brown and the first time I dyed it it turned out a bright red/pink. Tips: Dont wash your hair for a couple days before you dye it. Leave DYE in for an hour at least. It is a stain its not going to hurt your hair. The bleach is damaging like any bleach. Do not wash your hair for a few days after dying. It will stain your pillow so be prepared. The water will be pink everytime you wash your hair. This is normal. Ot doeant last a terribly long time but its like 8 bucks so no biggie. I dye mine every 3 weeks. But I cant stand fade. The better you hydrate your hair amd keep it healthy the better your dye will look. Good luck!
  • Daniell... sarah 2013/04/30 19:25:30
    Danielle Endicott
    +2
    I usually put petroleum jelly all over in my ears lol my hair line of course and even down my back and my shoulders. I also get naked because there is no way to avoid getting dye on my clothes and I have been dying for 16 years. I saturate the bleached hair and leave it on sometimes up to an hour or more. When washing I put a mask conditioner on the direct dye areas then wash my hair with a color safe shampoo and shampoo over the conditioned area and dunce with cool water. And I have had splatt last in my hair for three months by adding the crimson to my conditioner and I also only wash my hair like every 2 days. I like dry shampoo by Rockaholic so my dye lasts long. I avoid light colored shirts because believe me it rubs off on the clothes BUT it is washable a little shout and oxy clean and it washes out. For me Raspberry turns out magenta it's beautiful but not the color on the box. Same with Lavender it comes out light you have to bleach and leave in a long time. I am doing crimson today on my bleached part and Vidal Sassoon vibrant red on my natural lmao ok dyed brown hair. Will report on the outcome should be awesome!!!! Also I use that press'n seal sealing wrap on my countertop the bathroom And old bleached out towels on the floor and it works. If you have a vinyl tub...
    I usually put petroleum jelly all over in my ears lol my hair line of course and even down my back and my shoulders. I also get naked because there is no way to avoid getting dye on my clothes and I have been dying for 16 years. I saturate the bleached hair and leave it on sometimes up to an hour or more. When washing I put a mask conditioner on the direct dye areas then wash my hair with a color safe shampoo and shampoo over the conditioned area and dunce with cool water. And I have had splatt last in my hair for three months by adding the crimson to my conditioner and I also only wash my hair like every 2 days. I like dry shampoo by Rockaholic so my dye lasts long. I avoid light colored shirts because believe me it rubs off on the clothes BUT it is washable a little shout and oxy clean and it washes out. For me Raspberry turns out magenta it's beautiful but not the color on the box. Same with Lavender it comes out light you have to bleach and leave in a long time. I am doing crimson today on my bleached part and Vidal Sassoon vibrant red on my natural lmao ok dyed brown hair. Will report on the outcome should be awesome!!!! Also I use that press'n seal sealing wrap on my countertop the bathroom And old bleached out towels on the floor and it works. If you have a vinyl tub try rinsing your hair in a stainless steal sink other wise it will color the tub and the only way to get it not to trash the tub is to immediately clear the tub then poorer bleach into the stopped up tub and add hot water and at least two cups of bleach scrub then let sit over night.
  • Tina 2013/02/07 21:06:58
    yes
    Tina
    Hi im new to this but i already have red hair from a hair colour i used before. Will splat still work and will i need to still bleach my hair first?
  • mia 2013/02/04 19:19:24
    yes
    mia
    I want to use splat to do the underneath of my hair and my hair is pretty dark would it look good and be bright?!?!?
  • Lexi mia 2013/04/16 18:45:13
    Lexi
    +3
    If you have dark hair , and you use splat it would leave a dark red tint in your hair, if you use bleach first your hair will be really bright red, i just used the raspberries splat dye on my bleached hair and it's very bright and last very long, but you have to have really light hair for the red to fade to pink or something other wise it will fade into orange
  • whitney Lexi 2013/06/05 22:43:33
    whitney
    +2
    Can someone please help me I died my hair with raspberry red solar and now its faded to light pink and chunks of white how do I get this stuff completely out
  • Daniell... mia 2013/04/30 19:32:22
    Danielle Endicott
    +3
    Bleach the underneath and it will rock!! That's how I do my hair I have some bleach in my bangs and I split my hair in half top part I dye with regular dye bleached under part I use direct dyes like splatt or manic panic or rave. Be ways it looks awesome if you have dark brown hair the raspberry looks awesome but bleach bleach bleach or you will basically have just the slightest tint that you have to point out to people in the sun get what I mean it's a waste bleach!!! Lol
  • Brek 2013/02/02 23:21:01
    yes
    Brek
    +4
    I love it...always wanted a bright color. I first dyed it luscious raspberry, then pink. I want to try the blonde, but a woman at sallys said i cant go to blonde. Has anyone gone from red or pink to blonde using splat???
  • Lexi Brek 2013/04/16 18:46:21
    Lexi
    +1
    I tried to go from red to blonde and it came out pinkish orange. :/

2014/09/20 05:59:56