Would you recommend splat hair dye?

crazychic4u 2010/02/17 22:46:58
yes
no
dont answer if you have never used it

• Jaci 2010/08/20 21:44:09
    no
    Jaci
    +6
    i dyed my hair red and i took a shower,now it has big chunks of my natural brown hair in it. i didnt bleach it,but my hair was light brown,almost blonde to begin with.

• Borderl... Borderl... 2014/05/23 18:17:52
    BorderlineXINsnaity
    +3
    NOTE: This is what I did for my RED you can do it with other colors just different toner shampoos!!!!
  • Annette Parks 2014/05/20 14:03:03
    yes
    Annette Parks
    +3
    I've been using splat for awhile now, I've went to beauty supply stores and bought their dye, but nothing works like splat....The pink and lavender are awesome colors..... I use a giant size comb and put streaks through my hair and my hair to me is beautiful...
  • kristy schoch 2014/01/19 05:02:04
    yes
    kristy schoch
    Love it..I've used every color that has come out. It makes you look unique and where I work people love it. They love seeing me come in with a bright new color...thank you
  • shyann 2013/12/22 04:34:00
    yes
    shyann
    Ok the bleach frys your hair bad took me 5 months and lots of deep condition to fix it and I died mine red pink purple and now blue I did nth use the bleach it came with I recommend use loreal feria bleach. And a week later the splot. Also I'm a hair dress
  • BigDfromsjo 2013/11/25 16:00:10
    no
    BigDfromsjo
    After 5 months of not doing anything to the hair. My girlfriend decided she was gonna bleach and color it. The bleach fried her hair about a half inch from the roots. Poor girl had to shave her head. Two thumbs way down.
  • shyann BigDfro... 2013/12/22 04:35:00
    shyann
    +2
    She did nth need to shave it deep condition. And. Relaxer would of fixed it
  • Kay BigDfro... 2014/07/12 20:51:25
    Kay
    +2
    She left the bleach on way too long. Any bleach can do that if it's left on the head for an hour or better.
  • SamanthaS 2013/11/09 04:19:32
    yes
    SamanthaS
    Help! I just washed out my hair after bleaching it out and then using Lusty Lavender...it's RED like a clown!! How can I fix it at least tone it down...it's SO NOT PURPLE!!
  • dez.moo... SamanthaS 2015/02/07 17:08:06
    dez.moore.52
    +2
    so quick question. Why did you vote yes? I personally think it depends on the person and their hair type and the way they apply it.I suggest that you go to a salon and see if they can fix it.I am at this very moment dying my hair with splat.Lusty Lavender isn't one of splats best colors but it does fade enough over time but it wasn't pretty anymore. Mine turned mostly an orange brown color with a tint of purple.It was gross.So I'm trying the pink and only my tips so its easy to change if I don't like it.
  • TwistedKitsune 2013/10/28 01:25:51
    yes
    TwistedKitsune
    +1
    I'd say yeah! I used the red on on mine and it turned out awesome. Truthfully, it was brighter then I expected but I dun care, I love it :)
  • stephanie.newgent.5 2013/10/23 04:39:31
    yes
    stephanie.newgent.5
    yes its the only hair color I trust I use Luscious Raspberries in the summer and bleach just my bangs and in fall I use Crimson Obsession with no bleach. I have thick long dark brown hair so I usually use 2 boxes about every 3 to 5 weeks, more in the summer do to swimming. I've been using splat since 2010 and love it!!! *helpful tips use cool water when washing and try to avoid hair products with alcohol they make the color fade so have fun and go crazy.
  • stephan... stephan... 2013/10/23 04:44:22
    stephanie.newgent.5
    +1
    oh and when applying it I leave the hair color on for a full 24hrs then the next day just rinse with cool water don't shampoo and then the 3rd day I just condition it after the 3rd day shampooing is fine. applying color for 30 minutes and then washing made most of the color come out so be cautious around shampoo for @ least 2 days...
  • tessia stephan... 2015/03/27 21:21:27
    tessia
    +3
    I recently purchased Crimson obsession as well but I don't want to use the bleach. Did your color take well without using the bleach> (my hair is medium/dark brown)
  • sherryrenee.gutierrez 2013/09/28 04:03:11
    yes
    sherryrenee.gutierrez
    +1
    I absolutely would recommend Splat, not only would I, but I do! It's amazing. I get stopped all the time, and asked what I use, I gladly tell whom ever, Splat!
  • Paige 2013/08/11 16:17:44
    yes
    Paige
    I'm using splat for the very first time, and going red for the very first time, as well. If I don't like the color, how would I get it out?
  • Summerl... Paige 2014/03/10 22:32:09
    Summerlin Harrison
    +3
    Use "Color Oops"
  • jennie.... Summerl... 2014/08/18 10:07:15
    jennie.l.gump
    +3
    Color Oops will Not work with Splat.Read the box of both. Color Oops is only for Permanent Colors. Please don't waste your $ or the health of your hair with Oops. I just used 2 boxes. Check it out before u buy please.
  • Kay Paige 2014/07/12 20:55:06
    Kay
    +3
    Use baking soda. Color Oops will not work for Splat or for any box hair color.
  • http.ww... Paige 2014/10/30 11:26:41
    http.www.gaby.url
    +3
    dandruff shampoo should wash most of it out .
  • stephanie.nickles 2013/08/10 11:55:12 (edited)
    yes
    stephanie.nickles
    Yes, 100% but only if u dye ur hair once every,Couple of months! If frequently then no, itll wash out quickly..The orange fireball looks amazing ! It fades after almost a month..now it looks like light fire..we tried the shampoo mixed with leftover colour to refresh, but that washed out in a week.. So I wouldn't recommend that direction..
  • zombielover 2013/08/01 19:11:47 (edited)
    yes
    zombielover
    I would completely 100% recmmend it!!! I've used pink aqua and purple and all of them have lasted several moths. I currently have pink I'm my hair and its july now and I dyed it in october. Leave it in for a couple bours though. It does bleed everywhere but tell me which hair dye product doeesnt. Oh, you can get it almost anywhere. U could get it at walgreens, walmart, target I mean prettymuch anywhere
  • chrissyNichole 2013/07/21 16:55:07
    yes
    chrissyNichole
    The hair dye works wonders for my hair, the only thing that went wrong was when I bleached it. My hair turned blonde on top then faded to orange. Do you think it'll mess up the red I'm about to put in it?
  • zombiel... chrissy... 2013/08/01 19:33:47
    zombielover
    +2
    Arnt we friends on scenekids.com? Or is that another chrissy
  • Twisted... chrissy... 2013/10/28 01:26:54
    TwistedKitsune
    +2
    Mine was the same way when I bleached but the red came out fine for me
  • marilyn 2013/07/19 13:27:51 (edited)
    yes
    marilyn
    i love splat hair dye. i used lusty lavender. i left the bleach on for an hour rinsed it , dried my hair completly, then put on the dye and left it in for like and hour and 20mins. so the color can last longer take a shower 3-4 days. you can body wash of course just dont wash your hair too much or it wont last long. Also take a shower with cold water because warm water will strip your hair.. after all vibrant colors never last long.
  • kuchan1 2013/06/25 19:40:58
    yes
    kuchan1
    Ok so i bleached my hair 3 weeks ago and died it a bright red at a salon turned out great! It faded and my appt wasnt until 8 more weeks well I took it into my own hands and touh it up with crime obsession splat well it turned out a dark dark red and didn't maintain my bright red...I was disapointed...will my hair dresser be able to give me that vibrate look again when I go back since my hair is bleached keep in mind my hair is a dark red now just askin will the bright red still pick up when I go back to die it ?
  • Kay kuchan1 2014/07/12 20:58:29
    Kay
    +1
    No. Once the box dye is used,good luck on the salon color not making your hair break off. Always use strictly box or strictly salon colors. As mixing the two can really damage your hair.
  • Princess.of.Rhinn 2013/06/15 16:49:10
    no
    Princess.of.Rhinn
    It's been over a week and the color is still "bleeding" out like crazy. More then any other brand I have used.
  • emily Princes... 2013/07/16 21:32:09
    emily
    +3
    Well, maybe you didnt dye it properly. Your hair must be COMPLETLEY dry when you bleach and apply color. Otherwise, maybe the hair dye just wasn't for your hair
  • dreamer33 Princes... 2014/06/29 19:08:42
    dreamer33
    +2
    What color did you use? I did pink waited two days and mine did was bleeding like I just dyed it.
  • Kay Princes... 2014/07/12 21:03:48 (edited)
    Kay
    +1
    This will happen with any direct dye. Splat is a semi permanent direct dye. Meaning it will not stick if the hair is not bleached and it will run every time you shower regardless of bleaching. The only color that this didn't happen with for me was Aqua Rush, but my hair at the time was so bone dry that the dye acted as a conditioning agent. Splat sticks better to spongey, dry or otherwise extremely damaged hair better than it does to normal hair.
  • jammer96 2013/06/13 23:26:25 (edited)
    no
    jammer96
    +1
    I never used slpat before does anyone know if it would kill my hair if I dye it Burgundy and want blue highlights put in it the next day using the bleach if it would kill my hair if I dyed it a dozen times
  • briana jammer96 2013/08/14 21:36:33
    briana
    dont use it. it destroyed my hair damaged it to crap going on a year now that its been dry, severely damaged, and allmost always spit ends i cut ten inches off my hair because of it
  • Kay briana 2014/07/12 21:10:41
    Kay
    +3
    Anything you put in your hair damages it. Unless it's cool purified water.
  • Kay jammer96 2014/07/12 21:09:50
    Kay
    +1
    Don't go that route unless you take your Splat kit to a professional in a salon. Doing any kind of two color system is not for rookies, it's for professionals. I'm in cosmetology school and I would not try anything like that on myself. I once did the bleach white on top with a black under layer and it turned out awful. For any two color jobs where you don't mix the color into one color, I would totally go see a pro in a salon.
  • arielcantrelle 2013/05/27 02:53:08
    yes
    arielcantrelle
    +1
    Ilove splat it is so cool the best hair dye
  • Cynthia arielca... 2014/05/18 15:31:01
    Cynthia
    +3
    No I wouldn't recommend splat or use it again beside maybe for tips of hair ... I dyed my hair lusty lavender 2 days ago and it died my scalp bad .. Still can't get the purple off my scalp and most of my hair is back orange looking not purple ... I have purple scalp and orange and purple hair

Look like a Halloween freak show

Help !!!??
  • Borderl... Cynthia 2014/05/23 18:17:04
    BorderlineXINsnaity
    +1
    Did you scrub the dye into your scalp? If so you are not suppose to do that.
  • sequoah 2013/05/24 06:02:24
    yes
    sequoah
    +1
    I have used every color and I have natural very dark brown black hair I always bleach of first but it works great I leave the bleach in for at least an hour sometimes more and the color in for at least an hour also and have always got bright great color I love it I use it all the time today I am using the bright teal looking one forgot the name of color sorry
  • piercet... sequoah 2013/08/19 15:18:57
    piercetheronnie
    +2
    I have the same dark brown hair. What kind of bleach kit do you use? Or does Splat have one? I wanna do splat's pink on the underside of my hair, how long should i keep the bleach in for? Sorry for all the questions, i'm just curious.

2015/07/03 14:51:52