Would you recommend splat hair dye?

crazychic4u 2010/02/17 22:46:58
yes
no
dont answer if you have never used it

• Jaci 2010/08/20 21:44:09
    no
    Jaci
    +6
    i dyed my hair red and i took a shower,now it has big chunks of my natural brown hair in it. i didnt bleach it,but my hair was light brown,almost blonde to begin with.

• Noxelle cynthia 2013/05/30 11:53:17
    Noxelle
    It will take the color out it will turn a certain blonde not orange though but with punk and purple are kinda hard to take out before doing your hair wash your hair with head shoulders for at least 2 weeks and it fade the color better so you can get a better blonde ^_^
  • Siobhan Noxelle 2013/05/08 15:04:09
    Siobhan
    +2
    what colour of Splat will make your hair a dark pink colour?
  • Noxelle Siobhan 2013/05/30 11:54:52
    Noxelle
    There is only one pink just dont bleach your hair if you want it dark pink
  • @Kimbee... Noxelle 2014/02/06 04:31:28
    @Kimbeeeeerly_
    +3
    This Is Going To Be My Verry First Time Ever Using Splat , And By Reading All The Comments Its Scarring Me To Use It Because Alot Of Comments Say It Will Mess Up Your Hair Verrrrryyyyyyyy Badddd , What Should I Do So It Wont mest Up My Hair Bad ?
  • Bethany 2013/03/10 10:25:30
    yes
    Bethany
    I dyed my hair yesterday . I bleached it & then I dyed it that crimson color . I can honestly say Im in love with this dye , stain or whatever this is but it worked wonderful on my hair .
  • chelsey kay 2013/03/08 16:00:33
    yes
    chelsey kay
    +3
    I've used Blue, pink, purple, and am currently using red. As long As you take precautions to avoid staining and leave the product in for at least an hour, it's wonderful! Also, make sure when you're Applying it you completely saturate the desired area to avoid splotches and uneven color.
  • Jaime Davis 2013/02/24 20:33:03
    no
    Jaime Davis
    I used SPLAT Lav toay and only some of my hair wad dyed oe of the bleaced hair didnt dye is there anywayto fix this? HELP!
  • Erika Jaime D... 2013/03/15 06:22:05
    Erika
    +1
    Reapply the color, let it sit on your hair for the full amount of recommended time, also make sure your hair is saturated.
  • heather Jaime D... 2013/05/13 05:01:15
    heather
    +1
    I use a shower cap and sleep with the dye in my hair and rinse the next day. Works great and lasts long. NEVER do this with bleach only the direct color
  • melody treszi 2013/02/19 12:52:37
    no
    melody treszi
    Splat sucks! I just dyed my hair yesterday with one of the kits and I made sure to FOLLOW the directions to the T and it looks horrible! The blue is so faded I look like I have gray hair the red and ruby looks more like a wash of pink the blonde still shows! Splat hair dye is horrible!!!! I would never use it again!! What a waste of time and money!!!!
  • Danni_Flowers 2013/02/09 18:50:50
    no
    Danni_Flowers
    okay so this is my first time using splatt hair dye and i'm dying my hair lucious rasberry but what i wanna know is, will it turn up on my hair without bleaching it?
    many people say i don't need to bleach it but i don't know so i need help!
    my hair is brown btw.
  • Erika Danni_F... 2013/03/15 06:23:10
    Erika
    +2
    If you want it bright, and noticeable you are going to need to bleach. If you just want a tint, and something that won't last long just stick with the color.
  • hilaria... Danni_F... 2013/04/02 00:12:28
    hilaria.garza
    +1
    I have black hair didn't want to use the bleach you can only see it in the light and on my roots my hair looked brownish red. Dyed it back to black
  • sarah Danni_F... 2013/04/27 06:08:41
    sarah
    +1
    It will turn up just fine. I use the rasperry. If you bleach it it will be highlighter pink. I usually bleach a few streaks and my bangs because I like the color. But my hair is mouse brown and the first time I dyed it it turned out a bright red/pink. Tips: Dont wash your hair for a couple days before you dye it. Leave DYE in for an hour at least. It is a stain its not going to hurt your hair. The bleach is damaging like any bleach. Do not wash your hair for a few days after dying. It will stain your pillow so be prepared. The water will be pink everytime you wash your hair. This is normal. Ot doeant last a terribly long time but its like 8 bucks so no biggie. I dye mine every 3 weeks. But I cant stand fade. The better you hydrate your hair amd keep it healthy the better your dye will look. Good luck!
  • Daniell... sarah 2013/04/30 19:25:30
    Danielle Endicott
    +2
    I usually put petroleum jelly all over in my ears lol my hair line of course and even down my back and my shoulders. I also get naked because there is no way to avoid getting dye on my clothes and I have been dying for 16 years. I saturate the bleached hair and leave it on sometimes up to an hour or more. When washing I put a mask conditioner on the direct dye areas then wash my hair with a color safe shampoo and shampoo over the conditioned area and dunce with cool water. And I have had splatt last in my hair for three months by adding the crimson to my conditioner and I also only wash my hair like every 2 days. I like dry shampoo by Rockaholic so my dye lasts long. I avoid light colored shirts because believe me it rubs off on the clothes BUT it is washable a little shout and oxy clean and it washes out. For me Raspberry turns out magenta it's beautiful but not the color on the box. Same with Lavender it comes out light you have to bleach and leave in a long time. I am doing crimson today on my bleached part and Vidal Sassoon vibrant red on my natural lmao ok dyed brown hair. Will report on the outcome should be awesome!!!! Also I use that press'n seal sealing wrap on my countertop the bathroom And old bleached out towels on the floor and it works. If you have a vinyl tub...
    I usually put petroleum jelly all over in my ears lol my hair line of course and even down my back and my shoulders. I also get naked because there is no way to avoid getting dye on my clothes and I have been dying for 16 years. I saturate the bleached hair and leave it on sometimes up to an hour or more. When washing I put a mask conditioner on the direct dye areas then wash my hair with a color safe shampoo and shampoo over the conditioned area and dunce with cool water. And I have had splatt last in my hair for three months by adding the crimson to my conditioner and I also only wash my hair like every 2 days. I like dry shampoo by Rockaholic so my dye lasts long. I avoid light colored shirts because believe me it rubs off on the clothes BUT it is washable a little shout and oxy clean and it washes out. For me Raspberry turns out magenta it's beautiful but not the color on the box. Same with Lavender it comes out light you have to bleach and leave in a long time. I am doing crimson today on my bleached part and Vidal Sassoon vibrant red on my natural lmao ok dyed brown hair. Will report on the outcome should be awesome!!!! Also I use that press'n seal sealing wrap on my countertop the bathroom And old bleached out towels on the floor and it works. If you have a vinyl tub try rinsing your hair in a stainless steal sink other wise it will color the tub and the only way to get it not to trash the tub is to immediately clear the tub then poorer bleach into the stopped up tub and add hot water and at least two cups of bleach scrub then let sit over night.
  • Tina 2013/02/07 21:06:58
    yes
    Tina
    Hi im new to this but i already have red hair from a hair colour i used before. Will splat still work and will i need to still bleach my hair first?
  • mia 2013/02/04 19:19:24
    yes
    mia
    I want to use splat to do the underneath of my hair and my hair is pretty dark would it look good and be bright?!?!?
  • Lexi mia 2013/04/16 18:45:13
    Lexi
    +3
    If you have dark hair , and you use splat it would leave a dark red tint in your hair, if you use bleach first your hair will be really bright red, i just used the raspberries splat dye on my bleached hair and it's very bright and last very long, but you have to have really light hair for the red to fade to pink or something other wise it will fade into orange
  • whitney Lexi 2013/06/05 22:43:33
    whitney
    +2
    Can someone please help me I died my hair with raspberry red solar and now its faded to light pink and chunks of white how do I get this stuff completely out
  • Daniell... mia 2013/04/30 19:32:22
    Danielle Endicott
    +3
    Bleach the underneath and it will rock!! That's how I do my hair I have some bleach in my bangs and I split my hair in half top part I dye with regular dye bleached under part I use direct dyes like splatt or manic panic or rave. Be ways it looks awesome if you have dark brown hair the raspberry looks awesome but bleach bleach bleach or you will basically have just the slightest tint that you have to point out to people in the sun get what I mean it's a waste bleach!!! Lol
  • Brek 2013/02/02 23:21:01
    yes
    Brek
    +4
    I love it...always wanted a bright color. I first dyed it luscious raspberry, then pink. I want to try the blonde, but a woman at sallys said i cant go to blonde. Has anyone gone from red or pink to blonde using splat???
  • Lexi Brek 2013/04/16 18:46:21
    Lexi
    +1
    I tried to go from red to blonde and it came out pinkish orange. :/
  • Brek Lexi 2013/05/08 20:13:44
    Brek
    You need to get a purple shampoo....it will turn the orange blonde/white.....at first my hair was a pink Champaign color, now it white blonde with some little pink tone...I get compliments a lot...but my roots have started to grow in
  • cynthia amezcua 2013/01/25 22:24:30
    yes
    cynthia amezcua
    I use Splat! Hair color all the time and I absolutely love the results! My hair is always diferent shades of brown from dark-light, so when I use the splat bleach it works well with the colors. I've only used Red, Blue and purple from splat and I am now going to try the multi colored one so...wish me luck lol
  • jenii 2013/01/21 00:21:13
    yes
    jenii
    I will say yes, but no as well. Splat! is very caustic hair dye. The bleach is serious junk, but the hair dye. It colors wonderfully, but my plastic hair bowl was ruined from using this color. it started eating through the plastic, and it wasn't in there very long at all.... but if you aren't too worried about being able to get the color out too soon (even with ultra white salon bleach) then splat is great. it lasts longer than most semi and demi perm colors.
  • Meowtella 2013/01/20 23:04:10
    no
    Meowtella
    +1
    NO! I tried electric blue temp. and it went EVERYWHERE. my neck, ears, nose, near my eyes, hands, EVERYWHERE. And i only did my tips
  • jenii Meowtella 2013/01/21 00:23:21
    jenii
    +2
    in the future, wear a cape, and use petrolatum jelly on your ears and hairline for a full color, if just the tips, use aluminum foil. put the foil under each section, then fold it over tightly so it doesn't get everywhere.
  • sarah Meowtella 2013/04/27 06:12:49
    sarah
    +2
    Sorry but this sounds like user error not a bad product. Im mot sure how you managed to get it "everywhere" when only dying the tips... I dye my whole head and might get a smear on an ear or neck. Maybe ask for help next time lol
  • rookie 2013/01/20 10:40:41
    yes
    rookie
    HI! i have a question....i'm thinking about using splat hair dye to dip dye the ends of my hair? will it be affective or just fade straight away? and if i already have blonde hair do i need to bleach it?
  • jenii rookie 2013/01/21 00:24:48
    jenii
    +1
    yes it will be effective, no you won't need to bleach it depending on the level of blond you are. anything sandy blond or lighter will take just fine. the bleach is just to get that extra pop of color.
  • rookie jenii 2013/01/22 07:00:24
    rookie
    thanks! also will it wash out or fade if i go swimming?
  • Torie rookie 2013/06/25 10:27:48
    Torie
    +3
    Yes it will fade. I wouldn't go swimming with this stuff in your hair. i use it alot. And i haven't been swimming. It's a semi permanent color which means it fades fast.
  • klshnktty 2013/01/09 18:25:27 (edited)
    yes
    klshnktty
    Splat is awesome. Buy some of those yellow cleaning gloves though because the packaged ones suck and IT WILL STAIN! Also, make sure that you want to keep the hair color for a long time. I dyed it lusty lavender in Aug. 2012 and still have it on (Jan. 2013)! I'm now trying to get it to fade so I can dye it again with another color.

Overall, I would recommend splat to people who want to dye unnatural for the first time, and even to veterans who are fed up with the crappy hold (and price!) of dyes like manic panic.

Very important: The amount of time you process with the color will increase the hold of the color. Ex: the first time I dyed it, I left it on for almost 2 hours. it was a lovely purple for about 3 months and it began to fade. When I redid the purple about 4 months after the first, I left it on for 30 mins. This time, it faded in about a month and a half.
  • Sahira 2013/01/04 00:15:14
    yes
    Sahira
    My cousin used it and it was a REALLY pretty red but I have a question if I don't bleach my hair (it's black) and I put it on will it be like an auburn color or atleast look pretty??
  • klshnktty Sahira 2013/01/09 18:26:45
    klshnktty
    +2
    Yes, it'll probably give you a nice red tint to your hair. And it won't damage it like a regular box dye will.
  • kathy s... Sahira 2013/01/18 01:22:33
    kathy sargent
    +10
    I tried that (i have jet black hair) thinking i would get a nice purplish kind of tint, even if it was just in the sun. And i couldn't have been more wrong. Purple poured out of my hair for atleast two months and u couldn't see any purple at all. It was just black as ever. But it was my fault. I bought another box and fully intend to use the bleach this time.
  • hilaria... Sahira 2013/04/02 00:16:20
    hilaria.garza
    +2
    Yep just a tint ive tried that still dark bt made me hair look redish brown
  • sarah hilaria... 2013/04/27 06:16:54
    sarah
    +3
    It is a just dye. Not like normal box dyes with "lighteners". Its just going to dye the color you already have. Whatever shade of hair you have it will be that "shade" of dye. If you want it to show on black hair you MUST bleach it! :) good luck
  • makaela berube 2013/01/02 20:02:32
    no
    makaela berube
    +1
    i got the splat that came with the red, blue, and purple...the purple turned very light pink, the blue turned baby blue, and idk bout the red. but the very minute i washed the color dyes out of my hair it was terrible looking. i will stick with manic panic from now on. you can leave the color in overnight and it is vibrant and lasts very long
  • sarah makaela... 2013/04/27 06:18:48
    sarah
    +1
    You can leave splat in over night too! :) The longer you leave it on the better color you will get! And its cheaper than manic. But if youve found a productbthat works for you thats great! Manic never lasted for me.

2014/04/18 03:19:51