Would you rather: Go into outer Space, or keep two feet on earth?

Jack's Pearl 2011/12/18 15:51:36
Outer Space
Two feet safe on Earth

• mr echo 2011/12/19 16:54:24
    Outer Space
    mr echo
    +1
    i am sick of humans
  • Tony 2011/12/19 16:49:34
    Outer Space
    Tony
    +1
    let me outta here!!!
  • MichaelDillon 2011/12/19 03:16:24
    Outer Space
    MichaelDillon
    +1
    Ad Astra! ad astra
  • Xerxes 2011/12/19 01:51:01
    Outer Space
    Xerxes
    +1
    In a New York Minute
  • Jack's ... Xerxes 2011/12/19 03:12:35
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Me too! Don't even need a minute to think about it given the opportunity.
  • Amy Rose The Hedgehog 2011/12/19 01:48:21
    Two feet safe on Earth
    Amy Rose The Hedgehog
    +1
    cant breath in space
  • lucythetooth 2011/12/19 01:46:03
    Outer Space
    lucythetooth
    +1
    As long as I could go with The Doctor.

the doctor tardis

the doctor tardis

the doctor tardis
  • Vision of Verve 2011/12/19 00:39:11
  • Diana 2011/12/19 00:00:47
    Outer Space
    Diana
    +1
    Keep two feet on earth.
  • cccp~marxist-leninst 2011/12/18 22:15:03
    Outer Space
    cccp~marxist-leninst
    +1
    It's a goddamn new place out their.
  • ShinyUmbreon01 2011/12/18 21:09:00
    Two feet safe on Earth
    ShinyUmbreon01
    +1
    As much as I'm interested in Astronomy, I'd rather stay on Earth and observe.
  • Jdogg 2011/12/18 20:48:25
    Outer Space
    Jdogg
    +1
    To see the wonders of space, That would be the adventure of a lifetime.
  • holly go lightly 2011/12/18 20:42:47
    Two feet safe on Earth
    holly go lightly
    +1
    I don't think animals do so good without gravity.
  • D'eath 2011/12/18 20:41:43
    Outer Space
    D'eath
    +1
    I'm almost done with my life here on earth, there is little that makes me smile, I get more and more sickened by my fellow men.

So yes I would love to head off into space just by myself to travel as far as my life will take
    me, to see the planets without the filthy atmosphere of mankinds earth to pollute them.
  • amcsquizzy 2011/12/18 20:05:01
    Outer Space
    amcsquizzy
    +1
    but not for too long cause i dont like the sound of what micro gravity does to your body but if that wasnt an issue it would be amazing
  • templer003 2011/12/18 19:52:59
    Outer Space
    templer003
    +1
    If they could;d return my youth to me, oh heck yea, I would go....to see all the sites in the universe you bet ya...
    Outer Space
    +2
    Love to go to space!
  • Redskin 2011/12/18 19:13:04
    Outer Space
    Redskin
    +3
    Although this may be my mother

mother

All parents must let their children go. . .

Man and Horse that Built Civilization
  • Doug King 2011/12/18 18:59:59
    Outer Space
    Doug King
    +2
    It would be the trip of a lifetime.
  • Orsino 2011/12/18 18:48:20
    Outer Space
    Orsino
    +2
    To see earth from Space must be mind blowing - perhaps we should all get a chance to go up, and realise how insignificant we are in the scheme of things and how petty our differences are. Might give a fresh perspective to the Earth, after all we're stuck on the most beautiful rock for light years - might as well enjoy it.
  • dear•LT13☻ 2011/12/18 18:00:10
    Outer Space
    dear•LT13☻
    +3
    If it was like Star Trek times - I'd take outer space!
  • Lazarus Long 2011/12/18 17:51:32
    Outer Space
    Lazarus Long
    +1
    Probably not quite as fun as in my favourite books though. :)
  • babydracula 2011/12/18 17:43:24
    Outer Space
    babydracula
    +1
    if it wouldn't be nature and animals on earth
  • Frank Rizzo 2011/12/18 17:41:17
    Two feet safe on Earth
    Frank Rizzo
    +2
    I'm happy here, I was already in outer space back in the 70's.
  • I'm History 2011/12/18 17:39:20 (edited)
    Outer Space
    I'm History
    +1
    Ever since the dream of stepping into the outer reaches of the Earth's atmosphere was driven by the fiction of Jules Verne, man has looked beyond the stars as his future.
    Space exploration is indeed mankinds future.
    As humans continue to destroy this only planet we have to live on, (and we are destroying earth, we just try to tell ourselves were not), we must reach out into space for another livable planet if we as a species are to survive, as staying on Earth will lead to mans extinction!
    The research that is conducted by national space exploration agencies, such as NASA and Roscosmos, is one of the reasons to justify government expenses. Economic analyses of the NASA programs often showed ongoing economic benefits (such as NASA spin-offs), generating many times the revenue of the cost of the program.
    Two feet on earth is no longer the safe option for mankind!

Conception of a terraformed Mars.

Terraforming Mars would make life outside of pressure vessels on the surface possible. There is some discussion of it actually being done
    Mars went through similar geological and hydrological processes as Earth and therefore may contain valuable mineral ores. Equipment is available to extract in situ resources (e.g., water, air) from the Martian ground and atmosphere. There i...

Conception of a terraformed Mars.
    mars
    Mars went through similar geological and hydrological processes as Earth and therefore may contain valuable mineral ores. Equipment is available to extract in situ resources (e.g., water, air) from the Martian ground and atmosphere. There is interest in colonizing Mars in part because life could have existed on Mars at some point in its history, and may even still exist in some parts of the planet.
  • Lazarus... I'm His... 2011/12/18 17:57:12
    Lazarus Long
    +3
    Actually, if one could terraform Mars, couldn't one terraform Earth as well? I must admit, I've long wondered what it would be like to step forth onto a new world and build a hospitable home there.
  • I'm His... Lazarus... 2011/12/18 20:47:14 (edited)
    I'm History
    Terraforming ("Earth-shaping") of a planet, moon, or other body is the hypothetical process of deliberately modifying its atmosphere, temperature, surface topography or ecology to be similar to those of Earth, in order to make it habitable by terrestrial organisms.
    You can't terraform a planet with terrestrial organisms living on it, and humans are terrestrial organisms!
    We would all die in the process of terraforming.
    what we can do is change earth for better living conditions, but that would mean using alternative energy sources like Solar, Wind Turbine, and electric or hydrogen automobiles.
    Problem with that is big business (industry) does not want that, because they would lose money, they want people to buy their gas and oil products, and they rule most governments on earth, even ours here in America, so they get what they want right now.
    That's the problem, the people that could make earth a better place to live are the very ones that are going to destroy it. And they are the power right now.
    They don't care because they will be long dead before humans start dieing, about 100 to 150 years from now, and by that time it will be to late to change earth, as it will be so polluted major areas of land will no longer be livable.
    Our policical leaders will not confront ind...
    Our policical leaders will not confront industry to do the right thing, and both democrat and republican leadership are of the same logic.
    That's why I always vote for the independent candidate. They are the only hope for this earth.
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2011/12/18 17:06:39
    Two feet safe on Earth
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +2
    Space may be fun, but I belong here!
  • KATniss 2011/12/18 17:06:13
    Outer Space
    KATniss
  • kennypart1 2011/12/18 16:39:24
    Two feet safe on Earth
    kennypart1
    +1
    I love being outdoors
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2011/12/18 16:34:02
    Outer Space
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +3
    Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life here.
  • RosaG 2011/12/18 16:33:57
    Outer Space
    RosaG
    +4
    That would be awesome!
  • Dagon 2011/12/18 16:31:34
  • Rick 2011/12/18 16:19:51
    Outer Space
    Rick
    +4
    It would be fun to check out the moon.
    Apollo moon landing
  • Scott 2011/12/18 16:18:19
    Two feet safe on Earth
    Scott
    +1
    I'm an Earth-bound misfit.
  • ϟMöpvytöϟ 2011/12/18 16:04:14
    Outer Space
    ϟMöpvytöϟ
    +4
    Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe (1941)
  • Jack's Pearl 2011/12/18 15:57:41
    Outer Space
    Jack's Pearl
    +3
    Don't even need to think about it. I'd go in an instant.
  • Lunacat 2011/12/18 15:55:45
    Outer Space
    Lunacat
  • Zammo 2011/12/18 15:55:17
    Outer Space
    Zammo
    +3
    I'd love to try it as long as I was reasonably sure I would get back alive.
  • irish 2011/12/18 15:54:50
    Outer Space
    irish
    +3
    if it was like star trek,absolutely! where no man has  gone before

2014/09/02 00:04:08