Would you marry someone who had been divorced five times previously?

Linkums 2009/12/27 19:43:16

Read More: http://www.buzzdash.com/polls/would-you-marry-some...

• Psykhê 2009/12/28 00:56:58
    No, probably not
    Psykhê
    +6
    If I'm to be completely honest... I doubt I would even date someone who had been divorced 5 times nevermind marrying them. Once is fairly normal, twice... could be a coincidence, 3 times, a really shit deal... maybe.

Five times tells me that there are probably some serious underlying issues that I do not have the time, patience or energy to deal with. No thank you.

• Fariah Jone 2012/05/28 13:03:25
    Sure, if I loved them
    Fariah Jone
    +1
    So here is goes...as a woman who has been married five times, it is easy to judge someone when you haven't lived their life. In my case my first marriage was at 15. I got pregnant and felt it was best to marry the father of my child, but at 15 you don't understand until death do us part. My second marriage was at 19. I was happy for the first seven years. My husband drank early on, but by the time we got a divorce after 10 years of marriage he was an alcoholic and would not seek help. We had a child and he has never been involved in her life. My third marriage was short (1 year) and I take full responsiblity for it's demise. I went out on my third husband and I still live with the guilt! I cheated on my third husband with the person that would become my fourth husband. My fourth husband came from old money and his mother ruled over him. this was a problem for our marriage, not to mention the guilt of cheating on my third husband ate at me thoroughout our entire marriage. When I divorced my fourth husband I swore I would never get married again. I went to counseling and was completely fine with being by myself for the rest of my life. Then I met my current husband. We lived together for 2 1/2 years prior to getting married. I shared with him my fears regarding getting remarried...
    So here is goes...as a woman who has been married five times, it is easy to judge someone when you haven't lived their life. In my case my first marriage was at 15. I got pregnant and felt it was best to marry the father of my child, but at 15 you don't understand until death do us part. My second marriage was at 19. I was happy for the first seven years. My husband drank early on, but by the time we got a divorce after 10 years of marriage he was an alcoholic and would not seek help. We had a child and he has never been involved in her life. My third marriage was short (1 year) and I take full responsiblity for it's demise. I went out on my third husband and I still live with the guilt! I cheated on my third husband with the person that would become my fourth husband. My fourth husband came from old money and his mother ruled over him. this was a problem for our marriage, not to mention the guilt of cheating on my third husband ate at me thoroughout our entire marriage. When I divorced my fourth husband I swore I would never get married again. I went to counseling and was completely fine with being by myself for the rest of my life. Then I met my current husband. We lived together for 2 1/2 years prior to getting married. I shared with him my fears regarding getting remarried. We've been married for 5 1/2 years and he told me approximately 1 month ago that he wants a divorce. He says what he wants has changed. I am broken hearted, but what can I do. So before you judge a person and out right say you wouldn't date someone who has been married for five years take the time to really get to know them and truly understand their life. We all make mistakes, no one on this earth is perfect. I say enter any relationship with caution it doesn't matter how many times the person has been married.
  • Birdman 2010/01/05 18:12:48
    No, probably not
    Birdman
    +3
    The fact that one might very much love and desire marriage is probably not enough with the 5 time divorcee. I would guess that, although they desire their own good marriage, they may have underlying esteem, personality, anger, or character qualities that may have already appeared. If you have seen this behavior, buy your tissues for the breakup cry get out now. Please be careful for yourself. Listen to your inner voice if you want to consider them as your partner or spouse. If they indicate patience with you and themselves, a big maybe, otherwise, run like the cops are chasing you. These folks are a definite red flag and will not be afraid to hurt your heart, soul, family, friends, bank accounts and YOU!
  • XxXxX 2009/12/30 19:27:45
    No, probably not
    XxXxX
    +1
    They have 5 chances to make a marriage work and were unsuccessful... No thsnk you.
  • amy 2009/12/30 16:56:16
    No, probably not
    amy
    +1
    we could still be together and ot marry and mayby that would be best with his history xD
  • richard 2009/12/30 06:35:14
    No, probably not
    richard
    +1
    No way jose. Shows that she is unstable and will leave when the going gets tough.
  • Alyssa Marie 2009/12/30 05:16:07
    No, probably not
    Alyssa Marie
    +2
    It just sounds like a terrible idea.
  • The heartless 2009/12/30 04:28:01
    No, probably not
    The heartless
    +1
    You would have to ask yourself - why were they divorced five times in the first place. I would concider maybe once or twice...but five that is too much to deal with...no thanks.Trust is a main factor for me and if the guy i was going to marry had done the dirty with each partner and that was the reason for all five divorces, i can't concider marriage...because he could do the same thing to me...and i couldn't deal with that.
  • Simmering Frog 2009/12/30 04:23:40
    No, probably not
    Simmering Frog
    +1
    No. If you would you get what you deserve.
  • juicii~sitrus 2009/12/30 03:56:54
    Maybe
    juicii~sitrus
    +1
    If the person who went through divorce was the victim/divorcee, than I'd give him/her all my compassion and love. And for the one who does the divorcing or is the reason why.... um.... it depends on whether they were just searching for a "better" lover. If they have serious issues though, then that is not worth getting into.
  • Jack 2009/12/30 02:04:54
    No, probably not
    Jack
    +1
    ...unless they're really, REALLY rich. :)
  • mia 2009/12/29 23:43:36
    No, probably not
    mia
    +1
    obviously they dont know how to make a relationship work....or maybe they just keep marrying the wrong person. i dont know. i just doubt i would marry them.
  • Ann mia 2009/12/30 01:54:01
    Ann
    +1
    Or they don't believe in commitment.
  • mia Ann 2010/01/01 22:07:33
    mia
    which is what marriage is supposed to be about...or so i thought. LOL. but yes, you are in fact correct. =)
  • Ann mia 2010/01/02 02:34:01
    Ann
    Yea, MIa..that is what marriage is about..and we often forget, sadly enough.
  • ellomotto 2009/12/29 23:38:33
    No, probably not
    ellomotto
    no
  • mrs awesome face 2009/12/29 23:02:21
    No, probably not
    mrs awesome face
    +1
    tells me they have an issue with staying with a relationship.

no thanks
  • Torchy 2009/12/29 20:09:07
    No, probably not
    Torchy
    +1
    After that many times it's very difficult to say "Oh, he's just had bad luck" or blame the issues on the previous wives/partners. That's when you say: It's not me, it's YOU.
  • swimminggirl09 2009/12/29 17:10:54
    Maybe
    swimminggirl09
    +1
    just beucase the other 5 didnt work doesnt mean that yours wouldnt, but you could never know unless you tried
  • Ann swimmin... 2010/01/02 02:35:03
    Ann
    Yea, but five times! What does he really think of marriage and women? Is he in it for his own delight?
  • swimmin... Ann 2010/01/02 15:17:58
    swimminggirl09
    +1
    true but he could have done everything right and it was the girls he was married to so you never know it just depends on the situation
  • Ann swimmin... 2010/01/02 15:40:41
    Ann
    Well this doesn't say much for his taste or his intelligence..but I suppose it is possible..but no marriage is perfect..speaking from a real standpoint here, and one must love.
  • swimmin... Ann 2010/01/02 15:45:48
    swimminggirl09
    +1
    yeah but some people get married and then change who they are (first part) toatlly agree with you on the 2nd part haha
  • wolf sloan 2009/12/29 17:06:52
    Maybe
    wolf sloan
    +1
    Though 5 times should send up a red flag
  • TeardropsOfBlood4The1iiLove♥ 2009/12/29 16:13:54
    Sure, if I loved them
    TeardropsOfBlood4The1iiLove♥
    +1
    If it were the guy I like - id do anything for him no matter what he'd done. The past is the past - get over it
  • wolf sloan Teardro... 2009/12/29 17:07:55
    wolf sloan
    Did the previous 5 also feel like you do?
  • Teardro... wolf sloan 2009/12/29 21:24:19
    TeardropsOfBlood4The1iiLove♥
    What? I havent been married or even had a serious relationship i was just saying i couldnt care less about his past...no matter what he'd done
  • wolf sloan Teardro... 2009/12/29 22:55:11
    wolf sloan
    I believe your statement 100%
  • Teardro... wolf sloan 2009/12/30 17:18:47
    TeardropsOfBlood4The1iiLove♥
    Ok then :S
  • Ann Teardro... 2010/01/02 02:36:17
    Ann
    Yes, so you are still naive enough to believe in true love..which some jerk will show you that there are nasty people in the world.
  • Teardro... Ann 2010/01/04 00:01:26
    TeardropsOfBlood4The1iiLove♥
    Yeaah if you say so...i dont give a shit
  • Ann wolf sloan 2010/01/02 02:35:31
    Ann
    probably.
  • ellomotto Teardro... 2009/12/30 02:55:34
    ellomotto
    have you ever dated anyone in jail?
  • Teardro... ellomotto 2009/12/30 17:19:41
    TeardropsOfBlood4The1iiLove♥
    No but i would if it was the guy i like
  • ellomotto Teardro... 2009/12/30 17:26:27
    ellomotto
    what if he was in jail for killing someone would you still date him?
  • jakaro 2009/12/29 16:02:34
    Sure, if I loved them
    jakaro
    +1
    Sure, practice makes perfect.That shows me someone who is not afraid to commit to a lifelong partner.If someone has been married and divorced obviously their spouse or spouses did not live up to their end of the bargain.Marriage is a lifelong committment of trust and faithfulness.Not trying to be vulgar or down on alternative lfestyles but to me the very essence of marriage is not tasting your coworkers or so called friends penises in your wifes' mouth as you kiss her goodnight.The only exception would be that of an adult entertainer whose job is sex but still emotionally faithful to their spouse.
  • Moderated 2009/12/29 13:03:26
    No, probably not
    Moderated
    No.
  • Queen B 2009/12/29 06:31:24
    No, probably not
    Queen B
    +1
    I guess that would have to be considered on a case by case basis. Like who caused the problems in the previous marriages, was there cheating involved, how many kids are there from these previous marriages, how much alimony is he paying, etc.
  • ۩Osiris۩ Loves Isis forever 2009/12/29 06:22:59
    No, probably not
    ۩Osiris۩ Loves Isis forever
    +3
    5 is a lotta times and seems to show signs that this individual sees marriage as disposable and a somewhat casual commitment. That would be very hard to swallow...

lotta times signs individual sees marriage disposable casual commitment swallow
  • ♥Isis♥ 2009/12/29 06:19:05
    No, probably not
    ♥Isis♥
    +3
    Nope RED FLAGS all over that!!!
    something wrong with that! LOL
    hard to think you picked the wrong person 5 times!
  • ۩Osiris... ♥Isis♥ 2009/12/29 06:23:38
    ۩Osiris۩ Loves Isis forever
    +1
    LOL... word sistah!! :)

2014/09/03 07:02:58