Would You Buy Your Teenager Condoms?

Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/03/05 03:27:26
Hellz Yeah!
Hellz No!
I'm a Teenager, and I think...
My friend just got a new girlfriend and his mom went out and bought him a box of condoms. Now he's freaked out and won't shut up about it. Is this normal mom/parent behavior?

PS: I don't know if this matters to anyone, but my friend here is a virgin, so that's why he's reacting really weird...

• Just Another Girl (5) 2012/03/05 06:29:32
    Hellz Yeah!
    Just Another Girl (5)
    +8
    I bought them for my boys and so far so good, I have a 21 year old, a 19 year old and an 18 year old and all of them are children free and STD free. While I really did not want them having sex in their younger teen years, and I told them so. I knew it was a real possibility so I made sure that there was always a box in the bathroom.

• ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own 2013/01/06 02:57:47 (edited)
    Hellz Yeah!
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    +1
    I did, and I was happy that my teenager asked me to. I began talking to my children about inappropriate touching from other people, anatomy, sex and safer sex, sexual orientation, sexual diseases, sexual hygiene and pregnancy at very early ages. It took many years to impart all the information I wanted them to be equipped with, by the time they were teenagers. They basically led me to each stage of the process with the questions they asked and I was all about the facts. No mysteries. My kids are now 20 and 18, and they are disease and child-free.
  • foy49 2013/01/06 01:20:38
    Hellz Yeah!
    foy49
    +1
    She is trying to protect him, it's her main job.
  • antiteaparty 2013/01/05 22:31:36
    Hellz Yeah!
    antiteaparty
    +1
    Why do I need to buy them condoms... they can buy them on their own...
  • No One 2013/01/05 22:24:00
    Hellz Yeah!
    No One
    +1
    As not buying it wouldn't stop him from having sex but buying it would allow him to prevent STDs and teen pregnancies.
  • Singerar 2013/01/05 08:57:30
    Hellz Yeah!
    Singerar
    +1
    When he's a teenager of age. He already knows about the laws on underage sex. Even if the girl is willing at 14, 15, 16......HE could go to jail for statutory rape. WHEN he's of age, yes, I'll buy them if he can't afford them.
  • Mary Mary 2013/01/05 08:13:32
    Hellz Yeah!
    Mary Mary
    +1
    My son is 18 he is still a virgin BUT his first night our clubbing I gave him some condoms. The next morning I gave him a wink and said "any luck?" He laughed and said no he's tooo fussy lol too many STD's out there.
  • Dave 2013/01/05 07:26:59
    Hellz Yeah!
    Dave
    +1
    And why wouldn't you?
  • Siniste... Dave 2013/01/05 18:35:06
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +1
    Me? Well, I've always been independent of my parents, especially in regards to my health. I've been sexually active for a while now, and since I value intimacy, I make sure that I'm always protected and responsible about it. I wouldn't want my dad to buy condoms for me because it has the implication that he doesn't think I'm responsible to have taken care of it myself, and I would find it a bit insulting. Also, sex is personal, so I feel if someone can't take care of buying their own protection for themselves, then maybe they're not ready to be having sex.

As for the friend I based this post off of, I really have no clue as to why he was freaking out, I'm just guessing it was because he was a virgin and kinda one of those 'pure' kids that think sex is nasty...
  • Dave Siniste... 2013/01/05 20:06:26
    Dave
    +1
    Well - I like how you view yourself as an adult. I hope that your friends view you as a role model. People need good mentors in their lives instead of the crazy crap they see on god-like Television. .
  • Kookieless The Sexy Nihilis... 2013/01/05 05:39:07
  • Bobby 2013/01/05 00:35:40
    Hellz Yeah!
    Bobby
    +4
    yesh the glow in the dark ones :D
    glow in the dark condoms one brand
  • Car1u5~PWCM~JLA 2013/01/04 20:15:11
    Hellz Yeah!
    Car1u5~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Better safe than sorry as they say.
  • Shifting Piece 2013/01/04 19:50:19
    Hellz Yeah!
    Shifting Piece
    +3
    I'd educate them on sex, and then purchase condoms or the pill if the need came of it.
  • JustBeingAtPeace 2013/01/04 17:10:42
    Hellz Yeah!
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +2
    I bought condoms for my son. It was "not" to say: Hey go have sex son! It was for the oh damn, I wasn't thinking moment teens get into. I would rather him be prepared, safe and keep "his" childhood and learn the easy way by not "having" to grow up because he was "unprepared" and now has a baby or std.
  • Peewee ~PWCM~JLA 2013/01/04 17:05:58
    Hellz Yeah!
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    After having a good talk about the realities of teenage pregnancies.
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2013/01/04 17:03:25
    I'm a Teenager, and I think...
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    If you wanna have sex, you should be buying your own condoms, just sayin'...
  • Harley Squiggles the God \(... 2012/04/01 00:51:11
    Hellz No!
    Harley Squiggles the God \(#o#)/
    +2
    I'd buy them an a**-whooping. Yep.
  • I'm a Teenager, and I think...
    υяsυℓα  vεηgεαηcε ►нαя∂ cσяε sтяαιgнт ε∂gε◄
    +1
    As long as the kid has an idea of what condoms are and how to use them, he'll be fine.
  • GlitterFace 2012/03/11 23:06:09
    I'm a Teenager, and I think...
    GlitterFace
    +1
    at least now he has protection!
  • BeingMe<3 2012/03/07 02:17:05
    Hellz Yeah!
    BeingMe<3
    +1
    when i have one yeah
  • Talia 2012/03/06 20:36:17
    I'm a Teenager, and I think...
    Talia
    +2
    that if you have an open relationship with your parents then they should. If they aren't open about those sort of things then don't really force them, but maybe you could start talking about it to them so you can have a better relationship ^_^
    PS if they don't get you condoms and you're having sex get them somehow... Better safe than sorry..
  • elijahin24 2012/03/06 18:32:07
    Hellz Yeah!
    elijahin24
    +1
    Rest assured, if my kids leave the house to go on a date, they will have 2 condoms on their person when they walk out the door.
  • kfallslady 2012/03/06 03:01:51
    Hellz Yeah!
    kfallslady
    +3
    i don't have a boy, but growing up i put my daughter on the pill and told her the guy had to use a condoms to keeps her safe from std's, it worked... she is 31 and my grandson will be 6 months old tomorrow
  • Alvin 2012/03/06 02:17:13
    Hellz Yeah!
    Alvin
    +3
    Absolutely! Our son is precious to us and I would rather get him condoms than to watch him die from STDs.
  • Peewee ... Alvin 2013/01/04 17:07:37
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Or be forced into fatherhood and ruin his future. That is if he's has some honor.
  • Alvin Peewee ... 2013/01/14 00:07:18
    Alvin
    +1
    Very true. I have had the dubious opportunity to have seen that same thing happen too often. I have a co-worker in the same situation (Female) and the putative father is less than helpful and assistive. Not a way to start a family.
  • Peewee ... Alvin 2013/01/14 00:14:38
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    Unfortunately so have I. Nobody makes their kids responsible for their own actions any more, they cover for them. They grow up thinking they don't have to and this is the result. There was something to be said for shotgun weddings :-)
  • Deactivated...? 2012/03/06 01:51:14
    I'm a Teenager, and I think...
    Deactivated...?
    +2
    I think I'd be freaked if that happened to me
  • CraigPLewis 2012/03/06 01:23:30
    Hellz No!
    CraigPLewis
    +1
    It's their life...
  • Linnster 2012/03/05 21:06:31 (edited)
    Hellz Yeah!
    Linnster
    +5
    I would rather buy my son condoms than have him make a girl pregnant or possibly wind up with an STD.
  • Fran-Halen 2012/03/05 20:46:38
    Hellz Yeah!
    Fran-Halen
    +4
    for the safety.
  • The Potato Princess 2012/03/05 20:37:53
    I'm a Teenager, and I think...
    The Potato Princess
    +4
    I don't have children yet thanks to condoms! :D
  • caroline 2012/03/05 20:04:50
    Hellz Yeah!
    caroline
    +2
    and i have done for my 2 eldest sons.
  • Frank55 2012/03/05 20:02:25
    Hellz Yeah!
    Frank55
    +5
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Not only for unwanted babies, but diseases and most importantly HIV.
    Be safe and enjoy!
  • Thank you but no... 2012/03/05 18:45:19
    Hellz Yeah!
    Thank you but no...
    +4
    Hell yes, and have done. She was suitably grateful.
  • Thank y... Thank y... 2012/03/06 18:34:54
    Thank you but no...
    They were for my daughter, in case anyone was getting the wrong idea...
  • Moonchild 2012/03/05 18:37:48
    Hellz Yeah!
    Moonchild
    +5
    When my son was 16, his 17 yr old girlfriend moved in with us temporarily (it turned out be to 2 years) because her single mom had fallen on some hard times due to the economy. My partner and I and Paige's mother were all realistic and open-minded, and had no problem with the two of them sharing a bed in my son's room. They were very much in love and committed to one another, so I had the big "talk" with my son, and told him that it was ok if he was intimate with her, as long as it was a mutual decision between both of them that they were ready, and that they always use protection. I told him it was nothing to be ashamed of or keep secret, because sex is a very natural part of human behavior and expression when you love someone and you are in a committed relationship. My son is a very gentle and wise young man, and his "older" girlfriend was also extremely bright and a wonderful young woman that I love as my own daughter.
    I felt that the inevitable would happen sooner or later with them sharing a bed together every night. So I bought my son a huge variety of all types of high-quality condoms, keeping his girlfriend in mind as well. As I am a lesbian, this was a learning experience for me. There were lambskin, latex, non-latex, ribbed, ultra-thin, lubed, non-lubed, ribbed,...

I felt that the inevitable would happen sooner or later with them sharing a bed together every night. So I bought my son a huge variety of all types of high-quality condoms, keeping his girlfriend in mind as well. As I am a lesbian, this was a learning experience for me. There were lambskin, latex, non-latex, ribbed, ultra-thin, lubed, non-lubed, ribbed, and even glow-in-the-dark. I put them in a nice leather shaving kit style bag as a gift with detailed instructions about each kind that were included. After our talk my son told me that they had decided to wait until he was 18 before having sex, but he took them and thanked me. I told him that was a wise and admirable thing, but I wanted them to be prepared if it happened sooner, because even one time experimenting could change the entire course of their futures. My son is now 21 and his now-fiance is 22, and you know that they actually did wait until he was 18 to have sex?! He swears by it. Kind of interesting that the three of us mothers all gave them the ok, and they were responsible enough and respectful of their promise to wait. I'm from the tail end of the sixties generation, the "free love" and all that, and my son is much more conservative than me. He and his fiance are still together and they co-own a baby boutique that is doing a booming business. No babies are in the plans until they finish college and are married though. (Damn it, I want a grandbaby already!)
    This photo is similar to the variety pack I bought for him, but I put it all in a discreet leather shaving pouch...
    bucket of condoms
  • Sodaz56 2012/03/05 17:01:03
    I'm a Teenager, and I think...
    Sodaz56
    +1
    Since all we think about is bf and gf we need condoms , gosh at my school some kids sneak into unused areas like closets to have sex
  • Talia Sodaz56 2012/03/06 20:42:58
    Talia
    In my school they just do it in the bathroom.... or under the stairs.. It's an outside school so its not like they're hiding
  • Mandy 2012/03/05 16:33:27
    Hellz No!
    Mandy
    +1
    I would expect her to buy her own. I will have the talk about being safe and having responsibility and being mentally and emotionally ready. But if a kid's gonna' do the deed, they need to be grown-up enough to get their own condoms.

2014/07/31 01:38:10