Would it be bad to go on a liquid diet?

Speechless 2010/05/27 01:23:40
Just wondering. And no I'm not going on one. *cough* maybe I am :D But I won't tell anyone. *cough* Not. But I've heard of a lot of people doing that. I don't understand it. I mean, what, all you do is drink water and things like that, and work out?......

I don't get it.....

• Kate Not Katie 2010/05/28 07:46:09
    Kate Not Katie
    +4
    NO that's not how liquid diets work!! Do your research! But they're not good anyway so don't do it even after you read up. Your body runs on carbs, fats and proteins (none of which are in water). Though if you're trying to slim down quickly, here's my suggestion: completely eliminate carbs (less than 150 per day, which is way harder than it seems), eat every 2-3 hours and have meals of proteins and good fats such as eggs, cheese, any and all meats and vegetables (not so much on the fruits cause they're loaded with carbs). In addition, drink 1.5-2 gallons of water (it's possible, I promise) per day. Also do cardio regularly. Do this for 5-7 days and you will, in a healthy way, lose several pounds. My boyfriend does it once a month or so and drops 10 pounds no problem.
    NOTE: This can be done for longer for continued weight loss, but it will become slower. Also, the first day or two might be really hard cause your body is switching from running on carbs to running on fats, so you might feel weak or tired because of this (for a few hours your body thinks it's starving cause it doesn't know where to find the nutrients) in this case eat a banana or an apple, which will instantly make you feel better. Don't do this often though, just once MAYBE twice if you still feel week the second day.

• CRYSTA 2010/08/20 20:02:35
    CRYSTA
    +1
    YOU SHOULD ONLY BE ON A LIQUID DIET IF YOU HAVE A NUTRITIONIST HELPING YOU AND OR A DOCTOR PRESCRIBING IT.... THEY ARE LIKE A LOADED GUN. ITS SAFE OR DANGEROUS DEPENDING ON IF THE PERSON KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH IT....
  • AndreaAguirre 2010/07/31 02:38:00
    AndreaAguirre
    +3
    Actually......you can have on a liquid diet: smoothies, coffee, tea, milk, pudding, ice cream, jello, popsicles, juice, soda (bad for you though), frozen yogurt, regular yogurt, broth or pureed soups, chicken, beef, vegetable broths, or anything that can melt or digest in your mouth (hard candy). NOTE: diet does NOT mean foods that make you lose weight necessarily, diet means basically "what you eat". If your doctor tells you to start a liquid diet for something like a colonoscopy, make sure you don't "eat" or drink anything red or purple, it will mess up your test results. Good Luck!
  • Wendy 2010/05/29 01:34:20
    Wendy
    +1
    yes,,,I think it's bad...
  • unclepat 2010/05/28 21:54:44
    unclepat
    +1
    I see nothing wrong with that. Why?? lol wrong lol
  • Speechless unclepat 2010/05/28 21:55:29
    Speechless
    +1
    Just wondering.
  • unclepat Speechless 2010/05/28 22:00:55
    unclepat
    +1
    It's natural. So it's gotta be good for you right??
  • Kate Not Katie 2010/05/28 07:46:09
    Kate Not Katie
    +4
  • Kate No... Kate No... 2010/05/28 07:46:37
    Kate Not Katie
    +1
    *Weak. Sorry, I'm a grammar nazi and would hate to be a hypocrite haha
  • ☆Varsha★ 2010/05/28 03:49:38
    ☆Varsha★
    +1
    Well, it's probably NOT a good idea..
  • maravia 2010/05/27 19:56:58
    maravia
    +1
    I don't know ,I have never been on diet but I believe Julie!
  • I'm History 2010/05/27 05:24:54
    I'm History
    +1

Most liquid diets mainstay is different soups, so it's not to bad. Alot of people using liquid diets can lose up to 50lbs in 90 days, that's why they do it.
  • Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~ 2010/05/27 04:10:08
    Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~
    +2
    Take it from me I lived on a liquid diet when i was a child and almost all through my childhood {because of my health issues} You don't want it..they done alot of research on it and it not good for your body..YOU WILL HAVE BAD HEALTH ISSUSE LATER IN YOUR ADULT LIFE...Trust me you don't want to do that to yourself...You can only have clear stuff like both jello water and that's about it...It not a good diet to go on...Please please listen to me..I do know what I'm talking about..if you want to loose weight do it in moderation have smaller meals eat like 7 small meals {child plate of food|} a day and that will mange you weight...Please don't but your little body at risk~!!!
  • Speechless Julie~T... 2010/05/27 04:21:01
    Speechless
    +2
    I don't need to lose weight. It's okay, I just wanted to know more about it.
  • Julie~T... Speechless 2010/05/27 04:52:09
    Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~
    +1
    Oh thanks God~!! you had me scared there...It's not a good thing to go on...but if you ever did want to go on a diet i'll can help you with that..okay my friend just let me know...Love ya girl...
  • nancydoodle 2010/05/27 03:53:50
    nancydoodle
    +3
    lol if they're all smoothies I'm good^ ^ lol smoothies
  • Julie~T... nancydo... 2010/05/27 04:12:43
    Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~
    +1
    You wouldn't be aloud to have that...Thats not clear..Liquid diet means it have to be clear were you can see through it...I know it not for you Nancydoodle...But i trying to put some sence in that girl head...Liquid deit will screw here body up~!!!
  • nancydo... Julie~T... 2010/05/27 04:34:58
    nancydoodle
    +2
    yeah i know but i'm just saying i love smoothies lol and the maker of smoothie ing is allergic to food so he mixed all these nutrients an protein together with fruit and he made what it is now smoothie king=)
  • Julie~T... nancydo... 2010/05/27 04:53:57
    Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~
    +1
    I guess you could go on a smoothie diet..that would be a heck of alot healthier then a Liquid Diet...
  • nancydo... Julie~T... 2010/05/27 23:58:35
    nancydoodle
    +2
    yeah that's why i said smoothies=)
  • Julie~T... nancydo... 2010/05/30 05:22:44
    Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~
    +1
    Okay i understand now..sorry my friend...
  • nancydo... Julie~T... 2010/05/31 16:00:59
    nancydoodle
    +2
    it's ok=)
  • carrotcat 2010/05/27 03:04:55
    carrotcat
    +2
    No, it would mess up your body especially at your age... if you want to loose weight just exercise and eat healthier.. you don't want to end up like these girls: mess body age loose weight exercise eat healthier girls
    mess body age loose weight exercise eat healthier girls mess body age loose weight exercise eat healthier girls
    OH god... I hate those pics :/
  • Speechless carrotcat 2010/05/27 04:21:33
    Speechless
    +1
    I don't want to or need to lose weight.
  • carrotcat Speechless 2010/05/27 04:39:16
    carrotcat
    +1
    Good, then don't go in a liquid diet
  • Speechless carrotcat 2010/05/27 04:42:51
    Speechless
    +1
    I didn't ever say I'm going to.
  • unclepat carrotcat 2010/05/28 21:56:15
    unclepat
    +2
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • carrotcat unclepat 2010/05/28 21:56:52
    carrotcat
    +2
    LOL!!!
  • SeptemberRose&SunFlower'sMo... 2010/05/27 02:54:41
    SeptemberRose&SunFlower'sMorning
    +3
    It will totally and completely f**k up your body.... In ways you can't imagine....
  • Julie~T... Septemb... 2010/05/27 04:13:21
    Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~
    +2
    Yeah that right my friend~!!
  • unclepat Septemb... 2010/05/28 21:57:50
    unclepat
    +2
    Tell me about it!! lol
    lol lol
  • Septemb... unclepat 2010/05/29 04:34:00
    SeptemberRose&SunFlower'sMorning
    +2
    That's f**king amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
    "What happens in Vegas, Stay's in Vegas!!!!!"
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • Rubyzandra 2010/05/27 02:52:05
    Rubyzandra
    +1
    Back in the day when liquid diets were the fad for losing weight, lots of people who went on them became ill and malnutrition. Today, liquid dieting has become more healthy because of the juicing aspect of it. Just remember your mouth and teeth don't get as much exercise. Solving one "fat" problem could lead to another "lean" problem (smile).
  • Speechless Rubyzandra 2010/05/27 04:22:16
    Speechless
    I'm not fat. :) I'm just wondering. Did anyone ever do it just...cause they wanted to?...
  • Rubyzandra Speechless 2010/05/27 06:09:04
    Rubyzandra
    +1
    I often went liquid when I was fasting for religious reasons for 3 days at a time. I drank water only. Later in life, we were allowed to drink juice with our water. I liked juice very much so I didn't feel I was sacrificing when I drank it so I stuck to water. It was easy to do when I was young and thin because my body required less food to satisfy it. I didn't require sex then, either as I was a virgin then and didn't know what i WAS missing. Now, I'd probably do better not having sex instead of not eating. That causes me the most pain and sacrifice to go without. Not eating is easier.
  • madjack 2010/05/27 02:34:06
    madjack
    +1
    A liquid diet consists of juices,low salt broth and protein shakes.There's alot of information on liquid diets,juice fasts etc.They can be very beneficial to your health.So study the information before diving in. Usually a three day fast will do you alot of good.
  • viola 2010/05/27 02:04:16
    viola
    +1
    i think it is drinking liquids, not just water, juices, and soups, and tea, and vitamin water, etc.
    But as fas as i know the "liquid diet" is just the first phase of one freeing complicated diet.
    don't do any silly choices without consulting a specialist, you don't wanna screw up ur body!
  • BUNNIES 2010/05/27 01:31:28
    BUNNIES
    +2
    It's basically like drinking food smoothies.
  • Speechless BUNNIES 2010/05/27 01:33:03
    Speechless
    +3
    Ohhh... I thought that it was when you'd just drink water and other types of drinks and not eat at all, wow I'm stupid. Thanks for telling me that.
  • Julie~T... Speechless 2010/05/27 04:15:17
    Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~
    +1
    No...MJ your right you had the right idea...Please don't do that to yourself...!~!!
  • Speechless Julie~T... 2010/05/27 04:25:15
    Speechless
    +1
    I'm not gonna do it. I just wanted to know more. I recently read the blog about 50 cent doing it and I felt kinda worried cause I don't even know much about it. So that's why I asked. I was just joking when I said maybe I am. I wanted to see what people would say, whether people would even notice or care to tell me anything. Cause I'd never do that. Anything with the word 'diet' in it I'd never do. I don't need a diet at all. I'll never do it. So....it's really okay... :)

2014/10/25 22:48:48