Woman Willing to Pay for 'Platonic Relationship': Weird or Understandable?

Related Topics: Cancer, Marriage, Friendship
It's not unusual to be looking for new love in the New Year. But one woman is willing to pay serious bucks to be "just friends" -- sort of.

A New York woman seeking a "Platonic Relationship" posted the following personal ad on Craigslist, according to Jezebel.com:

"Right away I'm sure since I'm posting this ad particularly in the 'strictly platonic' (friendship) section, that many of you assume that I'm just looking for a friend to hang out with. When in fact, my intentions are far more intricate, hence the 'engage in platonic relationship.'"

OK, so does she want to be just friends or not? Keep reading ...

"I am specifically looking for someone who is interested and willing to become a platonic companion. What that basically means is that we would be forming an affectionate attachment with the intellect of an opposite sex with no intentions of physical romance or sexual pleasures. In other words, I'm basically looking for a sexless marriage, though of course we don't actually have to get married."

To underscore this point, she adds that she "could care less" if the man is gay or straight.

As many guys out there are probably thinking, leave it to a woman to be seeking a sexless marriage. But just when we were starting to sympathize with her desire for companionship, she starts getting kooky on us:

"In order for this to work the connection between us should be very strong, therefore we should have a lot in common, which will probably and preferably be defined through our astrological signs. I particularly get along mostly with water signs, (e.g. Second Decan Scorpios, Pisces, First and Third Decan Cancers) but I'm also open to Virgos, Libras, and Aquarius."

What the heck is a Third Decan Cancer? If you happen to be one, and you could use a few extra bucks, you might want to contact this woman. She is willing to pay an "allowance," and you would also "be compensated with room and board" at her townhouse.

Sound like a good deal to you?

Read More: http://jezebel.com/5724424/deep+pocketed-woman-wil...

• sabbatha 2011/01/05 17:28:54
    Weird
    sabbatha
    +3
    It would be a waste of money for me, since I'd end up sleeping with the guy anyway.

• thabiso 2014/02/01 20:14:36
    thabiso
    Well I think for her own benefit she is damn right that what makes her heart happy. I myself would like to be that friend she is looking for because I feel I can be 1
  • youk.ayfetgzr 2013/06/09 19:49:36
  • madmax 2011/02/08 17:10:08
    Understandable
    madmax
    Sounds good to me.....mad_1_max@hotmail.com
  • lยภค☾ 2011/02/02 22:17:36
    Weird
    lยภค☾
    What.The.Hell.
  • youk.ay... lยภค☾ 2013/06/09 19:55:42
  • jc 2011/01/06 14:00:44
    jc
    +1
    Sounds like she wants someone to possess.Maybe she should just get a dog.
  • ctrlzmankind 2011/01/06 12:13:14
    Weird
    ctrlzmankind
    If it were legit and she wasn't a murderer, I'd do it.
  • ctrlzma... ctrlzma... 2011/01/06 12:15:51
    ctrlzmankind
    Free house, money.

I'll pretend to believe in astrology nonsense too.
    Weird
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • Koatz 2011/01/06 04:12:00
    Weird
    Koatz
    Sadly, this is what has become of American "liberated" women.

Ever noticed that there are no mail-order bride businesses promoting American women? Could it be that American women are raised-from-birth to be incorrigible shrews? Yes, that is highly likely. Hence, the appalling birth rate of women in this country. Thus, the unacceptable divorce rate in this country.

The fact of the matter is, American women are as desirable as a Black Mamba snake.
  • LoveYah 2011/01/06 03:25:36
    LoveYah
    I get what she wants.
    I get why she wants to pay for it, it is hard to find.
    But I do not think she should do it this way.
    She just has to find someone interested in her mind.
    Mind sex. ;)
  • Always Right 2011/01/06 03:19:56
    Understandable
    Always Right
    Most women need someone to talk to because, their boyfriends/husband do not listen to them.
  • All-American Bitch 2011/01/06 02:16:43
    Weird
    All-American Bitch
    +1
    1) It's like non-sexual whoring.

(2) If you want a platonic relationship, I suggest going to a church and going there for religious peace and men who believe in chasity.
  • Greta 2011/01/06 01:50:30
    Weird
    Greta
    oh...wow...i just don't know what to say....
  • In vino veritas 2011/01/06 00:51:01
    In vino veritas
    Ok so she's odd,it's a big planet......... shes oddits planet oddball
  • youk.ay... In vino... 2013/06/09 19:55:53
  • John 2011/01/06 00:49:34
    Weird
    John
    Good luck being in a Platonic relationship with the opposite sex with no attraction or sex involved. You must be living in a fantasy world. I don't know, Maybe some women can be friends with men. But, I would bet that 99.9999% of men could never be simply friends with women. You leave a little crack in the door and sooner rather than later that door will become wide open. Those of us who are not gay and are of the opposite sex are naturally attracted to each other. That's how we were created. There is no way I could be just friends with a woman. Co-worker, etc., but never a friend with whom to go to dinner or movies etc. Any men that say otherwise are lying and will want to get into your pants sooner than later.
  • Sally 2011/01/06 00:17:12
    Weird
    Sally
    Sorry, but someone having to pay for love sounds really desperate... D:
  • Pele Emerging 2011/01/05 22:40:14
    Weird
    Pele Emerging
    I don't think you CAN pay for platonic love.
  • MushroomQueef 2011/01/05 22:26:31
    MushroomQueef
    isnt that slightly prostitutey? why not just like meet someone in a pub or club like a normal person???
  • Weird
    Яᴇv☠Doɴɴγ☠Dooᴍ☠Aɢɴosᴛɪc
    +1
    But to eachs own.
  • Albedo 9.0 2011/01/05 20:10:53 (edited)
    Albedo 9.0
    +1
    If its platonic why should one have to pay for it? In reality its just prostitution except you talk more with the person.
  • Nuala a.k.a BlueRaven 2011/01/05 18:08:00
    Nuala a.k.a BlueRaven
    Its BOTH. to me. Its weird b/c she is so picky bout it. Its sounds incredibly desperate. I doubt any of these men could care less bout her and just want her money. But I kinda understand. She is lonely and she thinks this is probably her only chance to make a "friend."
  • sabbatha 2011/01/05 17:28:54
    Weird
    sabbatha
    +3
  • JTsHoneyMomma 2011/01/05 16:43:28
    JTsHoneyMomma
    while i understand her request (at least the beginning) what i think she really needs to do is find a good friend and a good therapist. stop all the resume searching and just get to know people and let them get to know her.
  • Noelle 2011/01/05 16:38:44
    Noelle
    How sad! It's a commentary on the isolated society we live in. People have never been so "electronically" connected and yet this sad woman is desperate for real eye to eye friendship!
    No doubt she is probably older. When people grow elderly, their families die off and the grands and their kids move away OR perhaps this woman never had children and her husband has passed on.
    I don't think her idea is a bad idea, but paying for friendship? How can it be a true friendship if it's paid for?
    I do hope her the best. Reminds me of the song, "Eleanor Rigby."
  • Scheherazade 2011/01/05 15:06:48
    Weird
    Scheherazade
    +2
    This woman is in need of some psychotherapy for her depression. In one sense it is understandable. Perhaps she is trying to take sex off the table for the time being. After all Sex can hinder a person from getting to know the actual person inside. However when she crossed over into paying someone, and the astrological signs and "Decan" stuff we begin to see why she must advertise and pay someone for companionship.
  • AM R 2011/01/05 15:06:39
    AM R
    What no gay men in her area?
  • youk.ay... AM R 2013/06/09 19:56:18
  • lawlerskates 2011/01/05 14:54:48
    Understandable
    lawlerskates
    +1
    There are people out there desperate enough for love.....
    To touch on an important subject however, paying for love or affection is indeed not getting yourself true affection. The person is paid to love you. It's not real. If that woman is not looking for the real thing, only someone faking it for her, then she should pay for it. IF that is what she's looking for. I just hope for her sake that after putting herself out there like that, she gets someone who means well. It would be too easy for someone to take advantage of her, but the again I don't know what she's like, just seems like that would happen though.
  • youk.ay... lawlers... 2013/06/09 19:56:27
  • mrdog 2011/01/05 14:02:41
    mrdog
    Her choice.... why not? bark
  • Jeb Roberts 1 %'er - POTL -... 2011/01/05 13:53:30
  • boola Jeb Rob... 2014/06/21 17:28:06
    boola
    +3
    This is soo understandable And I can't belIeve nobody gets it? Shes GENIUS!! Basically she is describing exactly what I need to cover up my lesbian secret lIfe from my family and they won't ask any questions if I am living with a man!!
  • The Govenor 2011/01/05 13:28:56
  • Courtney 2011/01/05 11:56:56
    Understandable
    Courtney
    She's probably bored lol
  • youk.ay... Courtney 2013/06/09 19:56:36
  • Shawna 2011/01/05 08:49:35
    Shawna
    An interesting approach regardless of her wacky astrology. If she finds someone who also believes in astrology or really doesn't care, maybe it will all work out fine. You may as well ask for what you want instead of waiting around for it to magically appear.
  • youk.ay... Shawna 2013/06/09 19:56:42
  • Anime_Freak_23 2011/01/05 08:00:37
    Anime_Freak_23
    that just screams desperate

2014/09/19 14:58:23