With a blink of an eye - if you ever think this could NEVER happen to you.....think again!!!

Adi 2011/08/19 10:23:49

SLIDESHOW: Ty's car

Ty's car pic 1
1 of 3

Ty's car pic 1

1. Ty's car pic 1

Ty's car pic 1

2. Ty's car pic 2

Ty's car pic 2

3. Ty's car pic 3

Ty's car pic 3

On July 20, 2011 I was heading back home to Daytona Beach on I-95 going southbound. The last thing I remember is telling my boyfriend I would see him in less then 30 minutes. The next thing I know I am waking up in the Flagler emergency room with a state trooper stating he was giving me SEVERAL tickets. WTF - Officer could you please first tell me where I am at? Was anyone else hurt? Was I in my truck or Ty's car? Could someone please call my boyfriend? What time is it? What injuries have I substained? Trooper states back to me - you don't know which vehicle you were in? You don't remember slamming in the back of a 18 wheeler? You were in a white car and when I talk to Ty is he going to tell me you stole his car? Yes you were the only one hurt and you owe your boyfriend a car, his is totaled! Just then my boyfriend walked in and the trooper said he would like to have a word with him. I could hear my boyfriend tell the trooper he was wrong and that he needed to investigate this accident further. Come to find out this happen just past the weigh station and all caught on camera......this 18 wheeler came off the ramp with NO lights on and almost took my life. Yes there is a warrant out for his arrest and come to find out that this truck driver is an illegal and he has done this to two other people.
Thank God Ty came and told this trooper he needed to investigate this situation and thank God Ty is a truck driver and knew about those camera's posted. My injuries I had substained are: right shoulder dislocated, my face is scared from the airbag from chin all the way down my neck, right hand hairline fracture, my chest looks like it was used as a punching bag, totally brsuch a driveruring ised and was pushed in by the seat belt. So with a blink of an eye - I almost lost my life that night. What a welcome home to Ty being on the road for over 7 weeks. Please remember this: treat today if it was your last, we are NOT promised tomorrow!!! I am GLAD I am alive and I want to thank ALL my friends who have been so supportive threw out this ordeal - yes I am talking about you keeper & Paige!!!

By the way I have hired an attorney and I am going after the trucking company for hiring an illegal and holding them responsible for hiring such a driver and not to mention I am also going after the state trooper for letting this man GO and NOT doing his job!!!

Please understand I will do my BEST to get back to you all and that I am typing with only one hand. The right arm is pulled to my chest because it was dislocated.

• Paige 2011/08/19 13:58:48
    Paige
    +9
    I knew about your accident but did not know the details. Go get 'em girl !!! You have been SO blessed. You know you have a guardian angel or two, don't you? What you have endured the last few months should not happen to anyone. You are such a strong person, and such a great friend. I am so happy that I didn't lose you. I hope you heal very quickly and slow down just a bit. We all love you Adi......

• ReconMa... Adi 2012/07/03 02:01:40
  • ReconMa... Adi 2012/07/03 02:03:18
  • rightside 2011/08/19 14:51:27
    rightside
    +8
    I can't tell you how sorry I am that you had to go thru this. I've been hit by two drunk drivers and it doesn't matter how great you drive when the other driver isn't.
    We Praise and thank God that you are healing and safe and NOT IN JAIL!
    Give your boyfriend a hug from all of us and a big thank you!
  • Adi rightside 2012/06/25 01:14:41
    Adi
    +3
    Thank you. it has been a long year and I am recovering well. It has taken me almost a year to get back on SH but not for the reason of this car accident. More personal reasons but I am HERE to talk about it and share with my friends. Thank you for your kind words:-)
    animated hello
  • rightside Adi 2012/06/25 03:38:44
    rightside
    +2
    Would love to hear the entire story when you're ready to tell it.
    hugs
  • ReconMa... rightside 2012/07/02 21:06:57
  • Heffeweizen 2011/08/19 14:20:29
    Heffeweizen
    +6
    Wow! Wish I would have known! Heal quickly and welcome back, you've been missed. I know all about the treat every day like your last, just last month we had a guy killed on duty in a freak vehicle accident involving a pop up barrier at one of the base gates. That was a tough day, I'm so glad the outcome was different with you. Guess Sarge is gonna be busy nursing you back to 100%! ;)
  • Heffewe... Heffewe... 2011/08/19 17:26:16
    Heffeweizen
    +2
    Forgot to address the Trooper's actions... Have you filed a complaint? That was over the top.
  • Adi Heffewe... 2012/06/25 01:16:56
    Adi
    +2
    Yes sweetie I have and I have to go back to court soon. I will let everyone know what happens then too. But the jerk is still running loose and hopefully back in HIS COUNTRY!!!
  • Adi Heffewe... 2012/06/25 01:15:47
    Adi
    +2
    animated hello
  • Paige 2011/08/19 13:58:48
    Paige
    +9
  • Adi Paige 2012/06/25 01:17:07
    Adi
    +2
    animated hello
  • Clyde 2011/08/19 13:47:13
    Clyde
    +6
    Wow, glad you are alive and hope you heal quickly!
    Yes, we never know when something like this will happen to us and should live each day to the fullest! God Bless, and get well soon! wow glad alive hope heal live fullest god bless get wel soon
  • Adi Clyde 2012/06/25 01:17:19
    Adi
    +3
    animated hello
  • Petpeve 2011/08/19 13:43:48
    Petpeve
    +5
    Wow! So happy to hear you were surrounded by Angels & have survived this ordeal and are doing well. Just really sorry that you had to go through this when it clearly could have been prevented in the first place. Hats off to you for pursuing this further and trying to hold someone accountable for their illegal actions. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Adi Petpeve 2012/06/25 01:17:28
    Adi
    +1
    animated hello
  • FeedFwd ~POTL 2011/08/19 13:07:58
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +6
    Wow! You just never know. I'm glad you are safe and sound and able to heal from this. Get well soon! Good luck in court. They should be criminally liable, but I doubt they will be. I hope they make you whole again in civil court.
  • Adi FeedFwd... 2012/06/25 01:17:37
    Adi
    +1
    animated hello
  • Bingo's Faddah 2011/08/19 13:06:05
    Bingo's Faddah
    +4
    95 has been a dangerous road since it was completed due to the questionable traffic that uses it. Smugglers, drug runners, etc. have their own expressway to the North. Needless to say, those drivers are distracted at the very least. Take the back roads. 301?

We wish you a swift and complete recovery.
  • Adi Bingo's... 2012/06/25 01:18:49
    Adi
    +2
    animated hello

Makes me wonder if that is what was loaded inside the truck too....he got lucky being let loose.
  • Americans Unite for Freedom 2011/08/19 13:05:48
    Americans Unite for Freedom
    +4
    Death nearly had its grip on you and you managed to overcome it. I'm so glad you are alright!!! Good for you for seeking legal compensation for your injuries sustained and so forth. Don't worry. All will work out and the wrongful will be held accountable in this situation.
  • Adi America... 2012/06/25 01:18:58
    Adi
    +1
    animated hello
  • Ira 2011/08/19 12:41:37
    Ira
    +3
    You had a close one. Maybe close enough to alter your perspective on life. It reads like it has.

I do not know you and I still find myself joyful that you will recover. I guess that means strangers can and do share a love of life. That is our common denominator. This is how we are connected. Justice for your circumstances will be long and burdensome, but I wish you luck in that regard.

Funny how it takes close calls like yours to awaken us to our mortality, to our time limits. Still there will be those that have no respect for others. Well, good for you that you have had that reminder. Now go out and live with gusto, share with joy, seek more pleasure and produce less pain.
  • Adi Ira 2011/08/19 12:45:17
    Adi
    +7
    Thank you. I certainly did not need that to remind me of all the people I love and care for especially for all the critters I love as well. But you are right and I plan on living my life to the fullest:-}
  • Adi Ira 2012/06/25 01:20:04
    Adi
    +1
    AMEN and thank you for all your kind words. This past year has been extremely ruff but I think the tables will turn for the better as each day passes!!!
    God bless you:-}
  • spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +5
    Omg........I'm so very sorry to hear all this.......but I'm so glad you are okay and alive!! That's awful!
    I was hit in the rear by an illegal about 2 months ago.... he was driving a honda and he went up under the back of my F150.........didn't do any damage to my truck, but his hood was crumpled in... he left the scene. As far as I know they haven't ticketed him for anything yet.

Officer did tell me that he caused one other accident that same day. The officer has been "trying" to find him...........yada, yada, yada..........

Thank you for letting us know........we love you girl and God bless.......
  • Adi spiderm... 2011/08/19 12:37:58
    Adi
    +6
    I am glad you are SAFE & SOUND too!!! I can NOT believe that Florida actually gives tempory licenses to these people period!!!
    MUAH:-}
  • spiderm... Adi 2011/08/19 12:52:15
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +4
    Well I'm in SC..........they just drive without a license and insurance........ he pulled over and gave me his name.... a few witnesses took down his tag number, but then he fled........
  • Adi spiderm... 2011/08/19 12:56:26
    Adi
    +6
    Oh wow.....I hope that was his car and real name. I hope they find him for you sweetie - he really needs to be off the road if he has done that before!
  • spiderm... Adi 2011/08/19 13:24:53
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +4
    I'm just glad your okay!!!
  • Adi spiderm... 2012/06/25 01:20:26
    Adi
    +2
    Hello sweetie
    animated hello
  • Sissy 2011/08/19 12:27:21 (edited)
    Sissy
    +3
    Thank God you survived ~ You hardly ever hear of a auto driver surviving such a crash. You had an angel on your shoulder that day ADIDAS, bless you.

Having been with the State Patrol in my state and in my youth, I find that officer's actions troubling beyond words. He should have never made such a statement to you as he did, ("you're getting several tickets....."), especially since you were the one that was slammed into. A well trained officer can "tell" almost immediately by the position of the vehicles who did what. He should have also looked at that video before he even thought to release the driver. It should not be a "problem" finding the driver, I assume he took down the pertinent information on him! The least that should happen to him is a return to the police academy for some refresher courses.

I wish you a speedy recovery and again, what a lucky, lucky gal.
  • Adi Sissy 2011/08/19 12:31:19
    Adi
    +4
    Yes the trooper took down the information of the driver and that night never bothered to run his license otherwise he would of found he was indeed in two similar accidents. Well by the time they looked at the tape he had already dropped his "load" and has not been seen since.
    Thank you sweetie - I am taking it one day at a time and this time I plan on listening to the doctors.
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2011/08/19 12:11:02
  • Adi Dave**G... 2011/08/19 12:12:29
    Adi
    +7
    Thanks sweetie......Flagler County is something else. Believe it or not I am actually scared to get on I-95 right now.
  • SpOoKs! 2011/08/19 11:59:00
  • Adi SpOoKs! 2011/08/19 12:02:29
    Adi
    +6
    OMG.....thank you for the laugh. Yes it even hurts to laugh but thank God I can still do that :-}
  • SpOoKs! Adi 2011/08/19 12:11:34
    SpOoKs!
    +4
    funny truck driver
    I hope this happened to him just cause of what he did to you :D
  • Adi SpOoKs! 2011/08/19 12:13:40
    Adi
    +5
    No not a scratch on him at all or the truck.
  • Tucker 2011/08/19 11:53:16
    Tucker
    +4
    Wow, glad you are going to be ok. Good for you going after the trucking company. I can see it now. Adidas long haul trucking company. (We will leave the lights on for you)

2014/11/27 04:20:43