Will this country U.S.A. ever not be a desired residence for other world countries?

katywon 2012/05/24 23:33:16
I think the USA will continue forever as an independent country with opportunities for everyone who wants to be here. Barring a terrible disaster like an earthquake or something that really disrupts the country.

• beach bum 2012/05/31 05:26:07
    beach bum
    +1
    depends on who wants to be here or not
  • katywon beach bum 2012/05/31 06:57:55
  • beach bum katywon 2012/06/01 03:34:29
    beach bum
    +1
    thanks
  • katywon beach bum 2012/08/30 04:40:33
    katywon
    +1
    I personally would not have been here if my parents had not come to the US independently and met. I love the USA without being a fanatic about it. I have lived in two other countries for a time and they were a great experience. But I like it here, politics and all.
  • jimmy d 2012/05/27 18:46:30
    jimmy d
    +1
    As long as obama keeps punishing successful folks the SELF STARTERS from other countries won't want to come here because the environment today IS far from the environment folks came here to make something for themselves when they came via Ellis Island. Now the government has created a welfare state that has infected every other part of our economy and culture. With that said we now attract low lifes and parasites and the self sacrificing folks with a work ethic are planting roots elsewhere.
  • bob h. 2012/05/26 00:46:34
    bob h.
    +1
    I HAVE noticed that those hoards of Germans, Swedes, Poles etc etc seemed to slowed to a trickle. Small trickle. I don't even see many Canadians coming over. OTOH there are busloads of people going to Canada daily just to get their prescriptions filled at a fair price.
  • jimmy d bob h. 2012/05/27 18:47:37
    jimmy d
    Don't worry. Obama via Obamacare will have your blue pill for your end of life option available to you at no charge. You won't have to run to Canada for that prescription!
  • bob h. jimmy d 2012/08/30 04:36:24
    bob h.
    Really, I learn something new on here every day. Where DO you get yours?
  • kudabux 2012/05/25 15:54:47
    kudabux
    +2
    I don't know. Parts of Europe are looking pretty good to me, compared to the hatred and bigotry displayed on SodaHead.
  • katywon kudabux 2012/05/25 17:37:07
    katywon
    +1
    I have to agree partly because the politics are so divided and downright nasty on certain sites. Also instead of trying to have a conversation (rational) like its supposed to be many people just voice their opinion and disappear until they show up somewhere else. Then its just ranting not discussion. And predjudice does rear its ugly head. But my view is that they have to be ignored because hopefully they are not the majority.
  • kudabux katywon 2012/05/25 19:52:50
    kudabux
    +1
    Agreed. I come across a lot of ranters and a conversation just turns into who can call the other the most vile names. :-)
  • jimmy d kudabux 2012/05/27 18:40:10 (edited)
    jimmy d
    Please move since I've seen your posts and your are an Ameripean at heart. I'll buy your one way ticket for you.
  • kudabux jimmy d 2012/05/27 22:01:39
    kudabux
    You are a prime example of those who contribute no useful dialogue, just throw insults and accusations; just another empty barrel making a lot of noise. I'll send you my address for that ticket which I will promptly cash in and donate to the re-election of Obama.
  • katywon jimmy d 2012/06/01 03:39:03
    katywon
    Try to think in a more rational manner and you will be happier. "Old Chinese Proverb".
  • bob h. kudabux 2012/05/28 18:40:51
    bob h.
    +2
    There are a lot more American Neighborhoods in Europe than Euro neighborhoods in the US.
  • katywon bob h. 2012/05/28 19:04:02
    katywon
    +1
    This is a no win argument. More people move permanently to the U.S. then go back to European countries. Notice all the Brits and Australians living here and working. And those countries are interesting countries and good to live in. But America has to offer something they don't have.
  • bob h. katywon 2012/05/28 19:21:05
    bob h.
    +2
    I'm 70, lived mostly in NYC, and I've never met a single Brit or Aussie residing in the US.
  • katywon bob h. 2012/05/29 00:10:12
    katywon
    Then you should move to L.A. You will find everyone from everywhere here. Especially Brits. This is the European site or Australians. They may not stay but they sure live here for a long time and work. I was born and raised in N.J.and met lots of them.
  • addie 2012/05/25 00:54:46
    addie
    +1
    People will put up with a government that does imbarrassing things on the world stage and gets into a swing of seeming self destruction, if they will have freedom and opportunities. Even though people here, in the US, take what we have for granted and do not even bother to read or understand anything about the Constitution, people without these things are going to want to come here to live.
  • katywon addie 2012/05/25 01:34:16
    katywon
    I think so. It is not perfect but compared to some other countries it is close and comfortable and there is still opportunity available. None of the other countries are perfect. Most are self-serving and that is how they survive.
  • westernslope~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/25 00:36:46
    westernslope~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    land of opportunity ..... still even today
  • say what? 2012/05/25 00:01:41
    say what?
    I think you have blinders on.Lady liberty is nearly dead.She is dying from corruption and apathy.Our once great society has fallen.
  • katywon say what? 2012/05/25 01:34:48
    katywon
    Disagree
  • sockpuppet 2012/05/24 23:53:23
    sockpuppet
    +1
    Our downfall will probably be the rapidly-multiplying poor folks we support. A welfare state can only last so long.
  • addie sockpuppet 2012/05/25 00:55:43
    addie
    You are so dumb. lol
  • sockpuppet addie 2012/05/25 01:39:26
    sockpuppet
    Why? Let me in on the joke. :O)
  • jimmy d addie 2012/05/27 18:52:47
    jimmy d
    You're a stupid liberal ignoramus. How many people are on food stamps thanks to the robin hood in the white house? He right. We've become lazy, weak and reliant on the government like never before seen in our history. Henceforth, the stupid ignoramus comment since you can't see this.
  • addie jimmy d 2012/05/28 01:20:46
    addie
    lol
  • katywon sockpuppet 2012/05/25 01:36:59
    katywon
    +1
    There is no way to change that possibility. How many of us would be here if our ancestors had not come from somewhere. Even Native Americans came from somewhere when people started moving , looking for life and opportunity.
  • sockpuppet katywon 2012/05/25 01:47:47 (edited)
    sockpuppet
    +2
    Our ancestors worked hard to build this country-- I'm not talking about productive immigrants. I'm talking about the ones who don't assimilate, and who contribute only to the rising population. This includes the ones born right here, who have destroyed our inner cities for decades. Obviously, not all of the welfare class is this way, but the numbers are significant, and growing geometrically.

There are reasons that the Third World is as it is.

And thank you for your thoughtful, polite response. :O)
  • katywon sockpuppet 2012/05/25 01:51:02
    katywon
    We will never be the THIRD WORLD. The whole world may change and the population might over take the space available. I learned that many years ago and it may be true. But there is no way to change it unless we turn into restricted country. And then no one would be happy.
  • sockpuppet katywon 2012/05/25 02:08:42
    sockpuppet
    +2
    I'm afraid we're headed that way, now. We have vast sectors of the population who don't even speak the language. Multi-million dollar housing projects that get condemned within a few years. We've had to start privatizing our prisons.

As much as I hate to say this, the only reason we haven't collapsed completely is because the government has been staving off the end by borrowing more and more without cutting back on their spending.

On the bright side, since so many economies are tied to our own... when we go, the rest of the world goes with us. ,':O\
  • jimmy d katywon 2012/05/27 18:50:23
    jimmy d
    +1
    50 million people on food stamps. Don't tell me that we haven't become a complacent couch potato society. There are more moochers here than ever before. 16,000,000,000,000 $$$$ in debt. Never say never about the US being plundered. We're on our way.
  • katywon jimmy d 2012/05/30 00:52:46
    katywon
    Vote for whomever you think can change things. Food stamps are useful when people really need them. There is a lot of abuse I know. But its better that some people get fed when they don't need it then not having a system to help feed people who do need it. Should we leave the homeless lying on the streets and starving rather than give them food stamps? Lets get some off shore businesses returning to the US. from China and other places. Those are the kinds of jobs we need.
  • katywon sockpuppet 2012/05/25 04:02:33
    katywon
    +1
    I understand what you are saying and you are not wrong. But you have to hope that we survive as a nation still absorbing new people and that they can be assimilated eventually as everyone has in the past. If we could get past religious differences in the world as a whole it would be very different.
  • sockpuppet katywon 2012/05/25 19:37:07
    sockpuppet
    +1
    I sure hope you're right-- but it's not looking good. Irresponsible/uncontrolled breeding wreaks havoc on any animal population.
  • katywon sockpuppet 2012/05/26 04:24:04
    katywon
    +1
    I have to say that you are right too. Many years ago in college there was talk about the population explosion and it has come true. Nature will take care of it as it always has in the past. I just hope its not depression or starvation because those are terrible ways to live and die.
  • sockpuppet katywon 2012/05/26 21:50:23
    sockpuppet
    +1
    You're very thoughtful. I hope you're right, that everything works out. It's an uphill struggle, but there are some amazing minds at work on the problems.
  • katywon sockpuppet 2012/05/27 00:02:18 (edited)
    katywon
    +1
    Thanks for being rational and nice on some areas of disagreement. I mean it.
  • sockpuppet katywon 2012/05/29 22:58:44
    sockpuppet
    +1
    It's been a pleasure meeting you.

2014/10/25 23:04:18