Will smoking cigarettes keep you out of heaven?

OhioGirl ~ Peace ~ 2012/04/14 00:33:40
No..
Yes..
I'm not sure..
I've been told no. It will not. But my issue is....if you smoke, and you feel that your smoking is keeping you sick, and will most likely kill you... wouldn't it be considered a sin to keep smoking?
Just wanted a few opinions. THANKS

(And please, if you don't believe in heaven or hell, that's your business. Just don't start an argument about it please) That's not the reason for the question.

• Lynn Koontz 2013/08/11 15:14:39
    No..
    Lynn  Koontz
    I am a born again Christian and I smoke cigarettes. I was very afraid that I would go to hell because of this. One day I was crying out to God to give me the strength to quit smoking. I tell you the truth, I herd His audible voice. He said "grace". I still hate smoking and am still trying to quit, but if I die today, I know I will be with Him in His kingdom.
  • Cat Jewell Lynn K... 2014/02/24 04:35:30
    Cat Jewell
    +1
    I pray that He helps you Lynn as He will the both of us. God knows we can not do this alone.
  • SMOKESMOKESMOKE 2013/05/01 07:12:37
    No..
    SMOKESMOKESMOKE
    No no no no no. If you believe smokers are bound for hell and you yourself smoke pot than you are an idiot. I smoke tobacco. Have been for years. I am healthy, have no lung problems, and never plan on quitting. I am also in good standing with God. Honestly if it is a sin then I dare the LORD ALL MIGHTY to take my cigarettes away. He won't because what we do in life is our choice. If the government makes tobacco illegal I would blow cig smoke in the presidents face. Also stfu. You are not God so do not say I am going to hell for having down time with my cigarettes.
  • shane.mccausland.33 2012/06/18 03:01:54 (edited)
    No..
    shane.mccausland.33
    +1
    Concerning Salvation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
    Ephesians 2
    8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--

John 3
    16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Romans 10
    9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Concerning Smoking
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
    Romans 7
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

...

Concerning Salvation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
    Ephesians 2

John 3

Romans 10

Concerning Smoking
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
    Romans 7

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Romans 12
    Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
    The word of God answers everything!! Amen and Praise Jesus!!! :)
  • Lydecho Rain (Лидия) 2012/05/11 00:54:32
    No..
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    I don't believe in heaven, but I don't like smoking either. Regardless, I don't think anything can keep anyone out of something that's not real. Or that I believe isn't real.
  • Amy ...AKA Dudess 2012/04/16 01:21:20
    No..
    Amy ...AKA Dudess
    +1
    Yes we need to quit, And I kind of slipped today and had 3 really pissed me off because I have been doing so good. But if I died tonight my smoking is not what is going to keep me out of heaven. You have to learn to listen to God and do what you think he is telling you to do..
  • OhioGir... Amy ...... 2012/04/30 03:41:26
    OhioGirl ~ Peace ~
    +1
    You are sooo right Amy.
    This is something I've heard a few people and preachers say, that I wanted a few more opinions.
  • traveler818 2012/04/14 22:49:11
    I'm not sure..
    traveler818
    +1
    It depends I think. For smokers, it would be heaven. Is it a sin to want incomprehensible suffering to end? That is loosely related--I do not smoke, but if I thought it would kill me in a week, I would start.
  • Ray the Dog! 2012/04/14 20:41:18
    No..
    Ray the Dog!
    +1
    But you might get there quicker if you DON'T stop.....
  • D'eath 2012/04/14 20:08:18
    No..
    D'eath
    +2
    No but it will get you there a whole lot quicker.

And it's a no smoking area.
  • Dave 2012/04/14 18:46:53
    Yes..
    Dave
    +1
    YES - I have talked to a number of people on the other side. Most of them are non-smokers. Now - there are a lot of cigar and pipe smokers in heaven, and from what I can gather is that these are mostly males who died before WWI. These guys are having trouble up there in heaven because there is no place to smoke.
  • OhioGir... Dave 2012/04/30 03:42:25
    OhioGirl ~ Peace ~
    +1
    Aren't you the funny one Dave..
  • Dave OhioGir... 2012/04/30 04:24:05
    Dave
    +1
    Thank you lol
  • Oleg Oleg Dave 2012/12/13 14:44:26
    Oleg Oleg
    +9
    Dave, that is a lie!
  • Dave Oleg Oleg 2012/12/14 09:22:28
    Dave
    What's a lie?
  • Oleg Oleg Dave 2013/01/25 12:06:13
    Oleg Oleg
    +1
    The other side is not biblical. Repent!
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/04/14 18:00:11
    No..
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +3
    Nope, but they will make sure that you get there a whole lot quicker!
    So keep right on lighting up and end up 6 ft Under, if your a lucky one.
    Otherwise see what happens when you can't get enough oxygen to breath!

Nicotine:
    Through the use of tobacco, nicotine is one of the most heavily used addictive drugs and the leading preventable cause of disease, disability, and death in the U.S. Cigarette smoking accounts for 90% of lung cancer cases in the U.S., and about 38,000 deaths per year can be attributed to secondhand smoke. Cigarettes and chew tobacco are illegal substances in most U.S. states for those under 18; a handful of states have raised the age to 19.

Effects

Nicotine is highly addictive. The tar in cigarettes increases a smoker's risk of lung cancer, emphysema, and bronchial disorders. The carbon monoxide in smoke increases the chance of cardiovascular diseases. Pregnant smokers have a higher risk of miscarriage or low birthweight babies. Secondhand smoke causes lung cancer in adults and greatly increases the risk of respiratory illnesses in children.

So go ahead and light up another cigarettes killer and enjoy your life while you can still breath!!!
  • Gยเtคг ... BIG BAD... 2012/04/14 22:00:03
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +1
    Hope people really listen to you. I know its a very hard habit to kick.
    I used Chantix to quit, but would have rather done it cold turkey but couldn't. That Chantix really does work, but it messes with your head. I have really bad problems remembering while on it and many months afterwards. 6 years later and i still do not think it is right, but hey i can breathe better :)
  • BIG BAD... Gยเtคг ... 2012/04/18 17:57:10
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +2
    That's a lot of it breathing is so damn important and we take it for granted until we loss it. Smoking is so harmful and the nicotine is so addictive it's hard to stop and they know it. the government still is supporting the tobacco industry, if they want to make something illegal then they can make it so we are helping people not killing them.
  • Stephanie BIG BAD... 2013/02/27 03:15:41
    Stephanie
    +3
    I would give anything to quit smoking. I have two children and hate that I'm a smoker. I keep praying for God to help me. I tried Chantix it made me crazy. Any suggestions on how to stop?
  • OhioGir... Stephanie 2013/02/28 01:24:50
    OhioGirl ~ Peace ~
    I went to the e-cigs. It was easier for me to quit. I was a smoker for almost 32 years.
  • bob h. 2012/04/14 17:19:55
    No..
    bob h.
    +1
    I'm going to Valhalla; they're not so picky there.
  • seattleman 2012/04/14 15:28:11
    No..
    seattleman
    +2
    Interesting question. I think the ticket to heaven is a lot more dependent on how you treat others than your personal habits or addictions.

Is smoking a sin? I don't think so. I think it's a bad habit that greatly reduces your chances of living a long healthy life. But that's true of a lot of things we crazy humans do. The same could be said about drinking too much Pepsi.
  • OhioGir... seattleman 2012/04/30 03:44:54
    OhioGirl ~ Peace ~
    +1
    I purchased the "electronic cigs" today. I'm starting them tomorrow afternoon...well, when this pack is done. We'll see what happens.
  • seattleman OhioGir... 2012/05/01 00:35:12
    seattleman
    +1
    Good luck! I know it's very hard to quit smoking. I hope you are successful.
  • OhioGir... seattleman 2012/05/01 02:34:57
    OhioGirl ~ Peace ~
    +1
    So far...not to bad. It's just about like smoking a cig, but it's a mist that comes out. No bad smoke odors, but still makes me feel like I just had a smoke.
    So Seattle...it looks good so far!
  • seattleman OhioGir... 2012/05/01 22:02:17
    seattleman
    One day at a time, right?

I'm excited to see how our Browns are going to look next year. I'm happy they drafted the way they did - getting that QB, especially. I watched him (Brandon Wheedon) play at Oklahoma St. and I'll bet he's the starter really quick. He can play. (Good to see ya again!)
  • OhioGir... seattleman 2012/05/07 03:32:41
    OhioGirl ~ Peace ~
    +1
    Oh yeah. I liked him. Seemed passionate about the game and all.
    Don't get me wrong, I still think Colt has LOTS of potential, and I believe will be the next Brett Favre...lol. But we will see. And good to hear from you as well.
  • bonnie.... OhioGir... 2013/05/20 16:22:58
    bonnie.j.foster
    +1
    I bought a e-cigarette. Its defiantly different. I like it better because there is no smell coming from it. Now I wish I can just stop the real ones. Its something in my mind. I tried chantix. It gave me horrible nightmares. I don't recommend that to anyone. At least the e-cigarette is a safer method. I'm getting back on the wagon.
  • Mr.Steve 2012/04/14 12:24:19
  • Timetraveler 2012/04/14 12:18:19
    No..
    Timetraveler
    +2
    But the larger smoking area is reserved for people in hell. if you're good and insist on smoking, heaven does have a smoking area too. it's just while your in there, people get to throw things at you.
  • CAPISCE 2012/04/14 06:47:49
    No..
    CAPISCE
    +3
    Just another harmful substance humans put in there body's. No different than eating fatty foods, Salty foods, Fried Foods, Beer and Wine -- by the way Jesus and his apostles drank wine. They all can kill you so what's the difference --will eating at McDonald's 5 times a week keep you out of heaven?
  • bonnie.... CAPISCE 2013/05/20 16:30:54
    bonnie.j.foster
    +2
    No on the Mc Donald's keeping you out of heaven but it will make you fat and clog your arteries. My son is a manager for Mc Donald's. Not a good place to eat. I will have a double quarter pounder with cheese maybe twice a year.
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/04/14 05:53:32
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/04/14 05:50:17
    No..
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    I do believe that God only gave me one mortal body and that I should take better care of it, which is one of the reasons I quit. I also believe that God created tobacco and that nothing God created is evil. He had a reason for it...
  • Rick 2012/04/14 03:45:17
    No..
    Rick
    +4
    No. It might get you the Heaven faster than you want to get there. The only thing that will keep you out of Heaven is rejecting the sacrifice that Jesus made to pardon all your sins.
  • Reggie☮ 2012/04/14 03:40:33
    No..
    Reggie☮
    +3
    God accepts us, faults and all. We are mere humans.
  • clyde 2012/04/14 03:32:01
    No..
    clyde
    +2
    But St. Peter may make you put out that last one before you enter the pearly gates!
  • bonnie.... clyde 2013/05/20 16:32:33

2014/04/20 13:36:03