Why would you want to start a small Business?

pat 2012/07/16 15:46:16
Small businesses are the cornerstone of the American economy. Without them millions of jobs and commerce would be lost. Visit our blog that aims to keep small businesses informed. Businesswatchdog.blogspot.com

• Freeranger 2012/07/16 22:24:35
    Freedom to be my own boss
    Freeranger
    More than my own boss actually. The ability to do something I wanted to do and had a passion for, vs. what I might have to do to make money.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/07/16 18:44:07 (edited)
    Freedom to be my own boss
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    In this current economy; I think that there's a lot of frustrated job seekers who are fed up with the current hiring process of most employers. Online applications and keyword tracking software kicks a lot of good people to the curb. Most HR managers are sad people on a power-trip who enjoy watching people suffer.

A good number of people who are unemployed are hard working and willing to do whatever it takes, but are sick of being humiliated and degraded by this process, so they're starting their own business. It's a lot of work, but at the end of the day, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone.

A job interview is a lot like a first date. It's mostly a beauty contest where you're put on the spot and asked irrelevant questions that make you uncomfortable. Most people have moved beyond that kind of treatment in their lives and want some dignity.
  • tom C 2012/07/16 18:35:25 (edited)
    Because I have a great idea!!
    tom  C
    I want to have Obamas government regulations strangle my business...

into bankruptcy...then I can overpay myself with a huge bonus from taxpayers...just like Solyndra did....
    All I have to do is donate to Obamas campaign

• Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/16 17:45:20
    Because I have a great idea!!
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    I approached five local work shelters for physically and mentally disabled individuals, and the V.A., hoping to build wooden boats and canoes. What it boiled down to is that it wasn't an insider's idea, so they wouldn't give it a try. Instead they'd rather have their clients sort through garbage they recycle, sorting soda and beer cans, watch TV and work on jigsaw puzzles. I tried to get a start up loan, but the banks and SCORE wouldn't help me out either.

huhuhyu

iutg

juju
  • Beat Ma... Dogzebr... 2012/07/16 18:45:52
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    Nice. Good to see some folks still know how to make things.
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/07/16 17:32:49
    A chance to sell what I want to sell
    Bingo's Faddah
    To provide a public service.

brothel
  • J 2012/07/16 16:43:46
    Because I have a great idea!!
    J
    Have the idea and business plan, but lack of personal funding - and not wanting anoter interest that can dictate how the business is run.
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/07/16 16:10:08
    Freedom to be my own boss
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    I think all 3 are good reasons, but I almost always hear "Being my own boss" 1st.
    Freedom to be my own boss
    +2
    I would not do it under this administration and their hate for business and success

2014/11/28 15:58:47