Why is the divorce rate between BLACK MEN and WHITE WOMEN so high?

Trish 2013/05/06 12:18:40
Related Topics: Divorce, Research, Marry, Spikes
I did some research and found that when the man is white and the woman is black, the divorce rate appears to be significantly lower.

When the man is black and the woman is white, the rate spikes significantly. What's up with that?

• sublime23in 2013/05/07 03:37:54
    Other
    sublime23in
    I really don't think it matters and you would have to go by a case by case basis.
  • cynthia... sublime... 2013/12/07 18:53:58
    cynthia phillips
    +1
    No, the answer is very simple. The Black women will only marry her equal in education and status. Black man marries white mans leftovers or someone very uneducated. Thus, once the money runs out or ED takes hold, the white women is gone!
  • casatrader 2013/05/06 20:16:22
  • Kaleokualoha 2013/05/06 18:11:46
    Other
    Kaleokualoha
    +1
    Links to your research?
  • Trish Kaleoku... 2013/05/06 19:58:30
    Trish
    Wikipedia Interracial Couples

Black and White

In the United States there has been an historical disparity between Black female and Black male exogamy ratios: according to the United States Census Bureau, there were 354,000 White female/Black male and 196,000 Black female/White male marriages in March 2009, representing a ratio of 181:100.[21] This traditional disparity has seen a rapid decline over the last two decades, contrasted with its peak in 1981 when the ratio was still 371:100.[22] In 2007, 4.6% of all married Blacks in the United States were wed to a White partner, and 0.4% of all Whites were married to a Black partner.[23]

The role of gender in interracial divorce dynamics, found in social studies by Jenifer L. Bratter and Rosalind B. King, was highlighted when examining marital instability among Black/White unions.[9] White wife/Black husband marriages show twice the divorce rate of White wife/White husband couples by the 10th year of marriage,[9] whereas Black wife/White husband marriages are 44% less likely to end in divorce than White wife/White husband couples over the same period.[9]
  • Kaleoku... Trish 2013/05/07 05:05:21
    Kaleokualoha
    Interesting! Thanks! If I understand it correctly, black male/white female marriages are less stable than white marriages, while white male/black female marriages are more stable than white marriages.

Care to speculate regarding the reasons for this disparity?
  • Trish Kaleoku... 2013/05/07 22:55:33 (edited)
    Trish
    +1
    Well, I gave this some thought and here is what I think….

Less educated couples and couples with a high degree of disparity between education levels, are more likely to divorce than well-educated couples. Therefore, one can assume that intelligence and compatibility are crucial for having a successful marriage.

Couples with degrees tend to share intellectual interests. Also, because they are more likely to take home bigger salaries, they fight less about one of the biggest causes of divorce, money.

Furthermore, couples with a higher level of education tend to examine the costs and benefits of entering into marriage in detail. This extends way beyond the monetary, including emotional virtues such as love, honesty, values, respect, trust etc.

When planning a family, if one or the other partners want children, those with a higher education tend to more thoroughly examine the issue before walking down the aisle. This tendency to plan ahead -- often a skill learned or improved in college -- would result in less drama and a reduced likelihood of divorce. Taking all these facts into consideration, here is what I think is happening.

Black Women/White Men
    1) Black women with college degrees are more likely to have married by age 40 than those with high school degrees....

Black Women/White Men
    1) Black women with college degrees are more likely to have married by age 40 than those with high school degrees. Therefore, it is likely that mainly educated black women are marrying mainly educated white men, significantly reducing the likelihood of divorce.

White Women/White Men
    2) For white women, high school educated women are more likely to have married than college-educated ones. Therefore, whether high school educated white women are marrying up or marrying someone with the same level of education, their marriages are way less likely to succeed than black women/white men marriages.

White Women/Black Men
    3) Less educated white women, especially those who do not meet conventional standards of beauty (in terms of having a slender body type), are generally more open to minorities of lower racial status. These women appreciate the special attention they get from them. (Uneducated Black men are accepting of women with extra big chunks of meat on their bones.) And so, these men use their sexuality and flattery to lure insecure white women in, lumping sex and love together.

What's more, many uneducated black men do not choose to marry white women because of real love or compatibility. They use uneducated white women to give their self esteems a boost. These women know that and don’t mind being accessories on these men's arms and stroking their egos. Therefore, it is no surprise that their marriages have a much higher than average failure rate.

What do you think?
  • Kaleoku... Trish 2013/05/08 01:10:22
    Kaleokualoha
    I mostly agree, except for the idea that "They use uneducated white women to give their self esteems a boost." While that may have been true in the 20th century, not so much nowadays. An unattractive white woman does little to boost the male ego. (IMHO)
  • Trish Kaleoku... 2013/05/08 02:39:03 (edited)
    Trish
    +2
    1. Educated white females generally do not date (or marry) outside their race unless they fall in love with someone who is on their level. Uneducated black men or those who are players know this. It's way easier for them to seduce a white women who is not too bright. These women totally ignore all the warning signs. Why? They are not smart and like the attention that comes with being with someone who worships their color and needs them to lift their self esteem.

A perfect example of this is Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. No educated (black or white) man with family values would touch that with a ten foot pole or want to make her the mother of their children. There's a reason why she targets not-so-bright rappers and basketball players. Like so many, she knows these guys will fawn over her and make her feel like royalty. Kanye clearly does not love her. And on some level she has to know that he's only with her because she is a pretty white woman that has a big ghetto booty.

2. I never said "An unattractive white woman can boost the male ego." Quite the opposite, these women are usually attractive. Typically, they are just not bright, a bit chunky and allow themselves to be used. Sooner or later they wake up out of the fantasy and leave, though. That's why these marriages do not last.... But I could be wrong. I'm just speculating based on what I've observed.
  • cynthia... Kaleoku... 2013/12/07 19:04:57
    cynthia phillips
    +1
    yes the white women does! The white skin, long hair. And lets not forget the beautiful mixed race children that will make the BM very proud! Very sad and very true!
  • qleanql... Kaleoku... 2013/11/03 23:37:37
    qleanqlassy.atlanta
    +2
    Very easy to explain the creator of the study Bratter..her father is white (bingo) and mother black ...and only that coupling is superior in the eyes of her study...no you see why they structured that to be the end result.all of bratter work is a negative when BM are involved
  • cynthia... Kaleoku... 2013/12/07 19:00:29
    cynthia phillips
    +2
    see my posting. No status involved in th WM/BW marriage, just reality of how difficult it will be.
  • Little Miss Batman 2013/05/06 17:35:06
    Other
    Little Miss Batman
    I believe people should be happy I just tink that it looks weird. I mean it's cool for them I just think... Well I dont know it's just weird. They probably have relationship problems like any other relationship.
  • Lulu's Mom 2013/05/06 14:58:44
    Other
    Lulu's Mom
    +2
    I don't know, but I can't think of very many people that haven't been divorced at least once.
  • Trish Lulu's Mom 2013/05/06 15:47:18 (edited)
    Trish
    That's very true. What I find strange is that when the man is white and the woman is black the divorce rate isn't nearly as high.
  • SA 2013/05/06 14:39:21
    Other
    SA
    +2
    I really don't know. I've known several interracial couples where the woman is White and their spouse is Black. The ones I know have been together for decades.
  • yourbeebeegirl 2013/05/06 13:12:12
  • Trish yourbee... 2013/05/06 13:25:48 (edited)
    Trish
    Are you talking from experience?

ETA Didn't realize you were only 18.
  • Trish 2013/05/06 12:38:41
    Other
    Trish
    +1
    The divorce rate is high in heterosexuals in the first place.
    Their are so few of these interracial couples the rate being high is inevitable.

2014/04/18 05:52:54