Why Is It So Difficult For Men To Be Faithful To One Woman?

Geezertalk 2008/12/18 01:21:47
Yes, men are wired differently
No, men are not wired differently
Other Explanation (Please leave a comment)
Undecided (Please leave a comment)

• Heather123abc 2008/12/18 07:04:02
    Heather123abc
    +16
    Why is it so difficult for women to be faithful to one man? It goes both ways...

• hrh 2009/09/07 04:49:50
    hrh
    I don't have any problems staying faithful.
  • Brosia 2009/07/27 02:33:50
    No, men are not wired differently
    Brosia
    +1
    Some guys are just douche bags. wired differently guys douche bags
  • Geezertalk Brosia 2009/07/27 15:04:15
    Geezertalk
    +1
    Thank you for explaining the subtleties of the issue. LOL
    explaining subtleties issue lol
  • AmberRenee 2009/07/23 23:25:37
    AmberRenee
    +1
    Temptation. But it goes both ways.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2009/07/23 22:10:17
    Undecided (Please leave a comment)
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    For me, they either die or divorce me. I am faithful.
  • Dirty(oYo) 2009/07/23 21:51:59
    Dirty(oYo)
    +1
    What a wild question! It seems like I've heard this question asked before somewhere. I don't know of any studies nor does it peak my interest.

I was reading a comment made by an SH on something similiar and they stated that men weren't built to be monogamist ( something to that effect). I felt that was kinda funny, especially coming from a male.

I think women can drift just as bad as men.

I have been married twice. First one, short, sweet, simply. But I did not cheat, she didn't either. My second and current, I haven't cheated and we're going on 28 years. I have had no interest in starting up any other relationship. I'm not saying I haven't drop my jaw looking at some real hotties, but that is as far as it goes, looking. She gets turned on looking at some hunkies. Put her in front of a movie screen of a romantic movie with some hunk staring in it and I'm guaranteed sex when I get home! Ha!

I guess you could say, I'm satisfied with my life and my wife. Since my very first date, I've never been one looking to be with ever girl in town. I've been simple and just wanted a one girl relationship. Amazingly, there are alot of guys and gals out there with a different idea/ desire.

I don't think it is just a man issue.
  • ~LyDia<3J03Y~ 2009/07/23 21:37:51
    Undecided (Please leave a comment)
    ~LyDia<3J03Y~
    +5
    It's not hard.Some men want to be faithful and some others don't.As well as women
  • bccxcc 2009/07/23 19:22:20
    bccxcc
    +2
    honestly, it's not that hard
  • hatshepsut123 2009/07/23 17:44:35
    hatshepsut123
    +1
    people who love their partners and are happy in relationship od marriage, dont cheat, so it is the same for women and men...
    men are faithfull if they are happy and in love, women too.
  • Mrs. Daydreamer :) 2009/07/23 17:22:28
    Mrs. Daydreamer :)
    +1
    It wouldn't be difficult for them if they wouldn't let their mini me's speak for them. mini me wakes up when eyes see something delish and the guy's brain shuts off and mini me's brain turns on...........
  • Sarah 2 2009/07/23 16:27:28
    Undecided (Please leave a comment)
    Sarah 2
    +1
    You're a man - you tell me.
  • Cowboyreg {IN GOD WE TRUST} 2009/07/23 16:18:32
    Cowboyreg {IN GOD WE TRUST}
    +1
    Because they do not realize the awesome love of a woman that is truly loved! There is no better love than when a man truly loves a woman! True love is listening and believing what your partner says, when she has a concern. I try to always look at my wife and take care of her like I did when I first met her. I do not ignore her request, ever! I may not always agree but I let her know I care. I have gained her respect and now I get what I want from her most the time :) She is always there for me and I am always there for her. Now thats a whole lot better than being unfaithful and screwing up your whole life!
  • dreamwriter12 ✲the libraria... 2009/07/23 14:55:06
    dreamwriter12 ✲the librarian of ρнaεt✲ in grammar I trust
    +1
    I must have met the decent men then. None of my guy friends or my husband cheats. I know plenty of girls that do though.
  • it's kriss bitch!! 2009/07/23 14:26:15
    it's kriss bitch!!
    +1
    They think they can have both. Say they get tired with that girl,but say he sees another girl. But he still wants the girl he is dating,but he wants that girl too. So he cheats. I am pretty sure they think they can have both,till they get caught and they end up with no GF. Or it could be different. It matters how the relationship is,if it is true love,then I don't think the man will cheat. To answer your question,watch a lifetime movie. As soon as you are done with one of those cheating lifetime movies,you will be too scared to cheat!lol
  • Fingon Celebrindal 2009/07/23 14:11:37 (edited)
    Fingon Celebrindal
    +1
    Some humans(goes for both sexes) aren't just evolved enough to be honest and decent...

explanation leave comment humans evolved honest decent
  • Milk Maid 2009/07/23 14:05:07
    Yes, men are wired differently
    Milk Maid
    +1
    I would like to know myself...the grass isn't always greener on the other side!!!
  • spongedebfatpants 2009/07/23 12:21:51
    Undecided (Please leave a comment)
    spongedebfatpants
    +2
    Cuz they can usually get away with it. What i mean by that is...they use the old saying of "oh it's just how men are" or they use the scientific explanation that stems back to the caveman days where a man had to spread his seed around for the survival of the human race. How ingenious guys. News flash: there are no more cavemen! Ok, except the guys on the geico commercials. Now women cheat too, yes. But they don't have anything to fall back on. They just get called sluts. And guess who gave them that lovely name? Men! Puhleeze...
  • ©TransA... sponged... 2009/07/23 12:57:16
  • Craig sponged... 2012/02/01 21:44:36
  • sponged... Craig 2012/09/30 18:34:10
    spongedebfatpants
    Huh?
  • Amy 2009/07/23 12:10:57
    No, men are not wired differently
    Amy
    +1
    So many different reasons. I think alot of those reasons are the same reasons that women cheat. There is always a thought that we could do better or we just feel like it. When a opportunity comes along there is always a urge to take it. The fact that it is in a way, forbidden, makes it even more tempting.
  • Psykhê 2009/07/23 12:04:51
    Yes, men are wired differently
    Psykhê
    +1
    ...to a certain degree. Men are definitely more visually and physically stimulated. Oh hell... a swift breeze could do many in as far as I'm concerned.

Women are emotional creatures and as such, (in many cases) require more time and energy to lure into a physical act of infidelity (which many are not willing to invest because well...the broad is married!). Which is not to say they remain faithful on an emotional level. It's all about levels.
  • Keen Tojones 2009/07/23 10:42:16
    Yes, men are wired differently
    Keen Tojones
    +2
    There is a wire which runs straight from their brains to their periwinkle. Strange engine there.
  • Kirra Blackhart... Now even... 2009/07/23 09:16:21
    Kirra Blackhart... Now even more cynical, bitter & twisted BN12
    +1
    I don't think its a "Male" thing. Many women find it difficult to be faithful.

Maybe its that whole "survival of the species" animal instinct thing.
  • Thomas 2009/07/23 08:45:06
    Yes, men are wired differently
    Thomas
    +1
    But I would put forth that it has been the deterioration of community in America that has driven us away from fidelity as a nation. I mean, sex is everywhere, and the more tabooish it is, the better it sells. Other countries have been desensitized and casual about it, but our entertainment industry likes to keep it naughty.

Were we to regain as family units, the support, moral and otherwise, of our communities, you wouldn't see pop culture in the state that it is in today, or at least having the effect that it does.
  • NotWithoutAFight 2009/07/23 08:37:44
    NotWithoutAFight
    +2
    Because people don't subscribe to loyalty.

We see infidelity trumpeted in SOAPS, in Politics, Primetime, and Hollywood.

It's 'cool' to be a player eh?

Both sexes.
  • Florida Keys 2009/07/23 08:31:52 (edited)
    Florida Keys
    +2
    I have been with many women, and it seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Finding a women who is faithful is like...

F*cking for Virginity......the devil in disguise........

shoes fit feet finding women faithful fcking virginity devil disguise
  • dzynrbob 2009/07/23 05:31:35
    Undecided (Please leave a comment)
    dzynrbob
    +2
    Possibly becaue there are so many great 'heros' of the bible who had multiple wives and/or concubines.......though I'm not sure how they could afford that many credit cards
  • Craig dzynrbob 2012/02/01 21:47:36
    Craig
    +3
    that is so true
  • Revelation 11:3 2009/07/23 04:17:14
    Revelation 11:3
    +1
    It is not difficult for men to be faithful to one woman. It is difficult for "some men" to be faithful to one woman. I have never dated two women at the same time, nor will I. I am married, and my heart belongs to her, and her alone....besides God of course.
  • Alexia 2009/07/23 03:09:17
    Alexia
    +1
    It's a two way street.
  • Craig Alexia 2012/02/01 21:48:58
    Craig
    +1
    that is so true
  • Ally 2009/07/23 02:04:52
    Ally
    +1
    It depends on the individual. Men who are not faithful to one woman are not serious about their relationship, and I could care less about them. Swingers annoy me.
  • Dan-Proud American 2009/07/23 01:29:14
    Yes, men are wired differently
    Dan-Proud American
    +1
    Men are wired differently, but are not more likely to cheat than women. I disagree with the question.
  • SeaSparkzz 2009/07/23 01:03:07
    Yes, men are wired differently
    SeaSparkzz
    +1
    I typed up a section from a book that mentions this.... http://www.sodahead.com/group...
    "They found many similarities: both sexes wanted intelligent, dependable, cooperative, trustworthy, and loyal partners. But they also found differences. Women rated good financial prospects in their partners twice as highly as men. ... In all 37 cultures, women wanted men older than themselves. In nearly all cultures social status, ambition, and industriousness in a mate mattered more to women than to men. Men by contract placed more emphasis on young (in all cultures men wanted younger women) and physical appearance (in all cultures men wanted beautiful women more than women wanted beautiful men.) In most cultures men also places slightly more emphasis on chastity and fidelity in their partners, while (of course) being much more likely to seek extramarital sex themselves."

Other than this animalistic evolutionary trait of the male, I think women and men do it almost equally.
  • chiglet - Daedric Sigil Mag... 2009/07/23 00:41:18
    No, men are not wired differently
    chiglet - Daedric Sigil Mage, Smirotiel
    +1
    It;s difficult for men to remain faithful to one woman for the same reasons that it;s difficult for women to remain faithful to one man. :) What;s good for the gander is also good for the goose.
  • Geezertalk chiglet... 2009/07/23 00:45:27
    Geezertalk
    +1
    Excuse me while I look up a few facts. LOL
    excuse facts lol
  • montrii 2009/04/25 06:16:26
    Yes, men are wired differently
    montrii
    +1
    Not sure if men are "wired differently," it just feels that way. Not just in one culture, but in all I have encountered.
  • MoonDance 2009/04/04 01:28:22
    Yes, men are wired differently
    MoonDance
    +1
    But it's really a matter of character.....
  • Josiah Stoltzfus 2009/03/06 19:45:26
    Yes, men are wired differently
    Josiah Stoltzfus
    +1
    I can only speak for myself. I am looking for what I can't get at home. And also ...variety is the spice of life. Humans were never meant to be monogomous.

2014/07/29 02:47:34