Why is being lesbian more socially acceptable than being gay?

Miss Andrist 2010/01/16 03:31:32

Question Closed

• Miss Andrist 2010/01/17 01:42:40
    Miss Andrist
    OK...I guess we can't all get along.
    I'm closing the question.
  • Isabel-Publius 2010/01/16 20:38:17
  • LALAHAPPYEMOKID!!! 2010/01/16 16:48:44
    LALAHAPPYEMOKID!!!
    +3
    I think it is because some guys think that girls are like sex toys and that when they kiss they thikn that it is hot and when boys kiss its like AHHHHHH SIN! But I am gay and I think that when two guys kiss it is hot and when two girls kiss it is hot. I am just like that, but yeah. :P :)
  • Miss An... LALAHAP... 2010/01/17 01:35:15
    Miss Andrist
    Bravo :)
  • LALAHAP... Miss An... 2010/01/17 02:23:43
    LALAHAPPYEMOKID!!!
    lol
  • randall g 2010/01/16 13:06:01
    randall g
    +1
    Because straight guys think it's hot when girls make out.
  • Miss An... randall g 2010/01/17 01:35:26
    Miss Andrist
    Yes, but WHY?
  • randall g Miss An... 2010/01/17 02:50:14 (edited)
    randall g
    +1
    Males are hard-wired to be visually stimulated. Where women are concerned with the social implications of matters. So (at the risk of sounding crude) a guy is seeing two hot women doing the wild thing, double the pleasure, double the fun, without some sweaty guy's hairy butt blocking the view. It isn't until later when cooler body parts prevail that a guy may experience a moment of clarity and realize, "Hey, if those chicks can have that much fun without a guy, where does that leave us guys?????" Or maybe he won't and he'll just say "Man that was hot! I gotta watch that again some time." Either way, in the meantime, Mr. Happy is in charge and he's saying "YEEEAH that's what I'm talkin' about!"
    I don't know if that constitutes an answer to the question "why". I think the reason why women on the average are the way they are and men on the average are the way they are is that this is by design, in order to perpetuate and preserve the species. If everybody had male sexuality, we would all be dying of AIDS. If nobody did, there wouldn't be enough people to maintain the planet.
  • Miss An... randall g 2010/01/17 03:03:48
    Miss Andrist
    If it helped to explain your POV, then of course it was an answer, lol.
  • runningintriangles 2010/01/16 06:01:19
    runningintriangles
    +5
    It's not. Only the "hot" lesbians are accepted and that's only because straight men are generally pigs (no offense, guys).
  • αυвzzz☣... running... 2010/01/16 06:14:37
    αυвzzz☣ßαmf☣►One Hit Rage Quit◄
    +2
    I can think of someone like that xD But i am not a name dropper xD
  • Polycra... running... 2010/01/16 06:17:48
    Polycrates~POTL~RWAC
    +3
    We are not pigs !!!oink oink we have testosterone,oink oink ,its not being a pig,oink oink
    its our DNA,oink oink snort snort

oink oink testosteroneoink oink pigoink oink dnaoink oink snort snort
  • running... Polycra... 2010/01/16 06:21:55 (edited)
    runningintriangles
    +2
    If it were testosterone, it would apply to every human being. Yes, the concentration is typically higher in males, but it's a hormone every human has.

It's not your DNA, it's being raised in a patriarchal society that is rife with misogyny. :D
  • Polycra... running... 2010/01/16 06:30:42
    Polycrates~POTL~RWAC
    +2
    nah, sounds good, but not true, testostrone is the hormone that causes all types of aggressive behavior in men. look throughout history thousands of years ,has nothing to do wether it is a matriachal or patriarcal society ,so we are pigs, that is why opposites attract
  • running... Polycra... 2010/01/16 06:33:33
    runningintriangles
    +2
    Actually, opposites attract because it's one of the innate "laws" of the universe. Not because of testosterone. And there are many men that are not aggressive but have the same concentration of testosterone in their system as those who are aggressive. It's all a matter of self-control. Those who lack control generally lack the proper upbringing.
  • Polycra... running... 2010/01/16 06:38:16
    Polycrates~POTL~RWAC
    you are saying a guy who whistles at a girl is a pig therefore he had improper upbringing.... is that your position.

guy whistles girl pig improper upbringing position
  • running... Polycra... 2010/01/16 15:41:25
    runningintriangles
    +1
    Guys who objectify women, yes.
  • Polycra... running... 2010/01/16 16:37:21
    Polycrates~POTL~RWAC
    +1
    women are objects of mens desire, you sound like you have had a bad experience with men in general, I must say, women objectify men also and that is the truth. So before you write off all men and thier objects of desire. with out that there would be no probagation of any society. get over it and go out there and be the object of someones desire
  • running... Polycra... 2010/01/16 16:44:32
    runningintriangles
    +1
    No, actually, I've had very few 'bad' experiences if you ignore a few things that have happened.

When did I ever write men off as object of desires. I said men are generally pigs. Not, I will never sleep with a man because they are generally pigs.

I'm the object of many people's desire, actually, and have been since I was 13 or so. I'm rather used to be leered at by boys and men alike.

Although, sex with women is generally more satisfying than sex with men, I've found.
  • Polycra... running... 2010/01/16 16:51:11
    Polycrates~POTL~RWAC
    +1
    Then so be it, I find sex with women to be more satisfying than with a man also(never been with a man..lol)
    ok, you made your point and I respect that, I hope you have lots of happiness in you life and in your relationships, we are not here or a long time we are here for a good time, enjoy it because you never know when it will be gone
  • Miss An... Polycra... 2010/01/17 01:39:45
    Miss Andrist
    John, you've hit a good point.
    I've been banned from places like 7-Eleven for turning magazines over to hide distasteful covers, and my son, seeing me do it one day, asked me why.
    I told him that the pictures offended me, and he started doing it to the male images that objectified men.

i had never noticed how many bare chested, greased up males were on the covers of magazines before. Threw me for a loop.
  • Polycra... Miss An... 2010/01/17 04:05:09
    Polycrates~POTL~RWAC
    ya, how do you think that makes me feel, I use to look like those guys but im not 21 anymore...lol
    honestly ,it doesnt bother me, i wished i looked like that still but hey, I just am a little more to love. not that much more though
  • Spiryt ... running... 2010/01/16 07:35:03
    Spiryt Henderson
    +1
    If you notice most of the men who you call aggressive are the ones who get more women because they open up their mouths and speak, as opposed to the not-so aggressive men. Most times the not-so aggressive men dot get the women at all. You know what that makes them in the gene pool? Sterile...
  • running... Spiryt ... 2010/01/16 15:41:04
    runningintriangles
    +1
    There's a difference between confidence and aggression. Learn it.
  • Spiryt ... running... 2010/01/16 17:13:45
    Spiryt Henderson
    +2
    Sister, don't insult someone you don't know, it makes conversation with you less appealing.

Here your getting caught up in semantics, the very aspects that make men masculine is what make women fall in love with us in the first place, whatever you are referring to men being pigs, is the very reason we are still able to procreate as a species.
  • running... Spiryt ... 2010/01/16 18:57:50
    runningintriangles
    +1
    I particularly enjoy conversing with over-sensitive gits, so no loss to me.

You're generalising... tsk, tsk, will you people never learn? Not all women "fall in love" with masculine men. Especially in today's world. And, actually, in today's world, procreation doesn't even need to involve attraction or sex. That's one of the lovely things advancements in the medical field has done for us.
  • Spiryt ... running... 2010/01/16 20:08:30
    Spiryt Henderson
    +1
    Generalizing is the only thing that is relevant when trying to make a point. No purpose in trying to talk about the few situations that don't to the rule. Your not really being serious in this conversation i've noticed.
  • running... Spiryt ... 2010/01/16 20:10:45
    runningintriangles
    +1
    Why should I be serious when you're a joke? There's little point in being serious with some stranger on the internet who I couldn't care less about.
  • Spiryt ... running... 2010/01/16 20:20:32
    Spiryt Henderson
    +1
    lol... I can't even dignify this baseless statement with a reply. enjoy yourself
  • Miss An... running... 2010/01/17 01:41:22
    Miss Andrist
    I will shut the thread down if we can't get along.\Please, let ALL respect each other here.
    There's enough hatemongering out there without in-fighting.
  • running... Miss An... 2010/01/17 07:11:09
    runningintriangles
    Hey, those boys are just a wee bit over-sensitive. It's not MY fault.
  • Miss An... running... 2010/01/18 19:55:02
    Miss Andrist
    It's anyone's fault for continuing to be purposely aggressive.
    Is there not enough hatemongering out there without us attacking each other?
  • Miss An... Spiryt ... 2010/01/17 01:40:31
    Miss Andrist
    Let's not get nasty, guys. Leave that for the hard core zealots, okay?
  • Shilo running... 2010/01/18 21:37:36
    Shilo
    +1
    Testosterone does increase aggression though. But like you said, some have more self control.
  • Spiryt ... Polycra... 2010/01/16 07:25:12
    Spiryt Henderson
    +1
    Exactly she seems to want to say that men and women are the same, and it only has to do with the way we are raised. Science shows that men are visual creatures, whereas women deal more with social value.
  • Miss An... running... 2010/01/17 01:37:02
    Miss Andrist
    I love it when people use the word misogyny...
    Say my name out loud...it's a phonetic spelling of the female version of the word, lol...
  • Miss An... Polycra... 2010/01/17 01:36:03
    Miss Andrist
    *laughs*
    I saw your humor ;)
  • Polycra... Miss An... 2010/01/17 04:12:09
    Polycrates~POTL~RWAC
    +1
    I have a good sense of humor, I actually get the movie,monty pythons search of the holy grail. There are people who just dont get it. its so funny
    I can tell your not one of them. ...lol
    thanks ,hope I made you smile
  • Miss An... Polycra... 2010/01/18 19:56:25
    Miss Andrist
    I love Python.
    Brit humor is the best, lol...
  • Spiryt ... running... 2010/01/16 07:21:46
    Spiryt Henderson
    +2
    Pigs? I'm so tired of hearing that. If men weren't the way God made us, then we wouldn't have lasted as a species.

2014/07/30 23:29:28