Why does it hurt under my ribs when i breath in....

lily 2010/04/05 23:10:43
sometimes you breath by filling your stomach with air then your chest(thats when your chest and ribs get visibly bigger) and the second is breathing in from the chest first and then exhale....when i breath through my chest first and i feel my ribs expanding there is a very sharp pain in the middle of my back. on the right side of my spine. it is coming from under my ribs and i have had this pain for months now and i do not know what to do to get rid of the pain. im 18 if that helps. the pain feels like a bone is poking a muscle or organ. it might just be a pinched nerve. I dnt know

• kat 2010/08/08 02:46:10
    kat
    +3
    i have the same problem...this pain is annoying i have this problem for about a week now.all my blood work came normal.he wanted me to have an x- ray.im scared im hoping its just a pulled muscle.

• zoe 2011/10/21 11:52:43
    zoe
    +2
    i have the almost the same, mine hurts at the top of my rib cage, kind of under my heart, and i cant take a deep breath or it hurts really badly and will cut off my breathing for like as minute, i also had a problem last year where i faited and my eyes would black out so i took and mri for that and blood tests for that problem and they still dont know whats cuasing it and now this, if it helps im a 15 year old girl,and i play rugby,
  • kat 2010/08/08 02:46:10
    kat
    +3
  • lily kat 2010/08/09 15:45:46
    lily
    yea i still have it when i sleep on my stomach and lift my right leg up high(bent) and then i readjust. but, im still alive and nothing seems out of the ordinary. idk know what it is.
  • dan kat 2010/11/27 02:06:03
    dan
    +1
    when i was younger i did alot of heavy lifting over my head. i started feeling a burning sensation on the left side of my back. i saw a chiroparactor. but the pain never realy went away. then one day i was jacking up my truck. as soon as the wheels came off the ground on the last pump, my ribs poped all up the left side like unzipped. i knew it was going to be bad. within 2 weeks, the swelling was so bad i could no longer take a deep breath.and the right side of my cage was sunken, while the left side visibly stuck out. that was 4 yrs ago. i went to the hospital and like you, i was scared of what they might find. what they found was nothing. from blood tests to x-ray to mri.. nothing showed up on lung activity tests except that i smoke. the swelling they said was fluid build up on the back of my lung and that put strain on my chest capasity. that was 4 yrs ago but last yr. when i injured my left hip at work. they sent me to phisio. as soon as i laid face down on the mat, they said oh, my! i told him to stay away and just work on what really hurts, my hip. he said they have to put my spine in allignment. after a few days he talked me into what he called a spine manipulation. BANG. done in six manipulations. i still have a slite burning pain but for 6 months there was absolutly ...
    when i was younger i did alot of heavy lifting over my head. i started feeling a burning sensation on the left side of my back. i saw a chiroparactor. but the pain never realy went away. then one day i was jacking up my truck. as soon as the wheels came off the ground on the last pump, my ribs poped all up the left side like unzipped. i knew it was going to be bad. within 2 weeks, the swelling was so bad i could no longer take a deep breath.and the right side of my cage was sunken, while the left side visibly stuck out. that was 4 yrs ago. i went to the hospital and like you, i was scared of what they might find. what they found was nothing. from blood tests to x-ray to mri.. nothing showed up on lung activity tests except that i smoke. the swelling they said was fluid build up on the back of my lung and that put strain on my chest capasity. that was 4 yrs ago but last yr. when i injured my left hip at work. they sent me to phisio. as soon as i laid face down on the mat, they said oh, my! i told him to stay away and just work on what really hurts, my hip. he said they have to put my spine in allignment. after a few days he talked me into what he called a spine manipulation. BANG. done in six manipulations. i still have a slite burning pain but for 6 months there was absolutly no pain. i work hard and those few spine movements totaly imrpoved my qualiy of life. i can touch my toes, i have never been able to do that. i'm not swollen any more but in my case, the swelling lasted 1.5 yrs. and for six months the icepack was glued to my back. i never claimed wcb for my ribs. and never took up light duties. but if i had payed for phisio then.... this injury wouldn't have been near as bad. see what stuborness gets you?
  • lintlicker 2010/04/06 22:40:54
    lintlicker
    +1
    Go see a doctor, probably something serious it it's constant.
  • lily lintlicker 2010/04/07 18:50:21
    lily
    i dont have health insurance so im not gonna go to the doctor. too much money
  • lintlicker lily 2010/04/07 22:09:41
    lintlicker
    +1
    :s that's scary then!
  • lily lintlicker 2010/04/08 05:50:52
    lily
    its not like it scares me though because i have no other symptoms, it might just be an imflamation on the pleural membrane lining my lungs which is harmless really. i just like to know what it is for sure and the fact that i dont bugs me but im not paying hundreds of dollars for the answer...iv had it for months and im perfectly healthy.
  • susie 2010/04/06 00:11:11
    susie
    +1
    see a doctor
  • Seasoned BN-0 2010/04/05 23:26:34
    Seasoned BN-0
    +1
    You may have broke a rib or separated a rib.
  • lily Seasone... 2010/04/06 06:59:04
    lily
    i did nothing serious to break a rib and i dnt feel nausious or have any symptoms of a broken bone. and every rib is symetrical to the ones on the other side.
  • Maggie 2010/04/05 23:25:38
    Maggie
    you should see a Doctor do you play Sports its could be a Broken Rib
  • lily Maggie 2010/04/06 06:59:06
    lily
    nope im a total couch potatoe with a fast matablism..skinny and i did nothin serious to have broken a bone,
  • ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own 2010/04/05 23:14:34
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    +1
    You should see a doctor of chiropractics to find out if an adjustment would help. doctor chiropractics adjustment

2014/07/28 14:38:14