Why do we need holidays, when we should be celebrating every day of life we have in this universe?

sjalan 2012/08/03 21:30:06
WE DON'T NEED HOLIDAYS AT ALL.

We should be caring for our planet as part of our celebration of life in this universe.

• lennon_love 2012/08/06 05:53:59
    Well I think we ......
    lennon_love
    In the grand scheme of things, all of these little set-aside times we humans engage in can be viewed as frivolous. But many also think it's these small things that make life more fun. Also when things are set aside and marked as special, we make extra sure to be mindful then. Ideally, we should be making the best of every day and 'living like we're dying' (as that pop song goes), but we do not operate in such a lavish way every day because 1, we do not remember to, 2, we can't afford to, 3, we don't have time to, etc, you get my point. I like your optimism, however! :)
  • Bibliophilic 2012/08/05 20:21:14 (edited)
    Yes, We really do need holidays.
    Bibliophilic
    We all need a break for our daily toil. Holidays are some of the only vacation time many people get.
  • sjalan Bibliop... 2012/08/06 01:42:17
    I was not speaking of vacations or as said in the UK, "I'm taking a holiday in" where ever.

Vacation is a break from the regular routine and are a necessary part of our lives as well. But the day to day grind is never an excuse for not taking that extra time with family and friends on a daily basis. We don't need special holidays for that at all.
  • METALheadMom 2012/08/05 17:16:46
    Yes, We really do need holidays.
    METALheadMom
    I agree we should be thankful everyday. Some holidays are silly, but they usually remind us that we do have family and friends we need to spend a bit of time with too. Most people don't take the time to relax and be thankful for that!
  • sjalan METALhe... 2012/08/05 20:18:11
    If we really need reminders then we are failing at our responibilities to our families and friends. EVERY MOMENT is important and valuable. Taking time for ones self is almost manditory since without replenishment of our own natural energies we will have trouble coping.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/08/03 21:41:40
    Yes, We really do need holidays.
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    rave party gif
    Everyday is a holiday Everyday is a Wonderful Gift to enjoy we should all live our lives to the fullest with Harm to none and enjoy the Gift of life and marvel in all its wonder and Glory
    sexy  party gif festival of color gif
    nature beauty gif
    we need to see how Amazing the Gift we have is and not to Squander it here is the Earth Seen from Space see how beautiful She is This is Home our Mother
    life marvel glory gift squander earth space beautiful home mother
  • sjalan ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/03 21:47:33
    +1
    Then your saying the same as I am saying. We should be celebrating life daily, hence there would be no need for special days since they ALL should be celebrated!!
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... sjalan 2012/08/03 21:49:02
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    i clicked wrong poll answer yes i mean what you said
    No, We really don't need holidays.
    +1
    We should be celebrating life to the fullest and not pick any one single day or several days to celebrate above any other. We should treat them all as equal days and care for our planet every day of the year. Afterall, it is the only home we have.

days celebrate treat equal days care planet year afterall home
    Yes, We really do need holidays.
    God made us to be happy in this life and next St Valentine
  • sjalan Sister ... 2012/08/03 21:41:56
    +1
    Hello Sister Jean,

Is there really a "next" life? According to the Bible there is this life and a hope of a Resurrection back to the Planet Earth in a Paradise Earth. That is what is taught in the Bible and that is what Jesus said to the Theif hanging on the torture stake next to him "I will be with you in Paradise"

The term used for "paradise" in both the Hebrew and Greek scriptures only occur ONCE when describing an EARTHLY paradise.
  • Sister ... sjalan 2012/08/03 21:49:24
    I believe there is"eye hath not seen what awaits those who love me"

2014/11/01 09:11:47