Why do some young people rush to get married?

Daisy 2010/03/27 15:37:52
I'm talking about people between ages 17-22. Yes even in the early 20's do I think it's still too young. (Do not count the fact that some get married b/c the girl is pregnant). I'm talking about those young relationships that have nothing tying them together yet still want to jump into it. In my opinion that is pointless b/c if you love each other enough you'll know that whether married or not you'll still be with each other.
I think they do it b/c they just want to sleep with other with no interruptions or as an excuse to get out of the house and stop being controlled by their parents. OR because they think that it will make their bond stronger and prevent any possible break up which would then mean you're afraid that the LOVE is not enough. Just need to know different opinions.

• lunaed 2010/03/27 15:47:41 (edited)
    lunaed
    +2
    some of them are definitely not ready for marriage and just think they are... sooner/later, they can't handle the seriousness of a marriage life and divorce... but this is same with other people in other age groups too i found.

but i do know some of them are very mature for their age and think seriously about life and marriage... for those people of same mentality and values in marriage life, marriage is the right choice.

• smileyseven 2010/04/02 00:51:17
    smileyseven
    +1
    i would only get married for the love.......
  • stars_rox 2010/03/29 21:20:49
    stars_rox
    +1
    i dont know why but in my opinion i think they get married in a young age because maybe their affraid of loosing that someone so what they do is get married cuz they think that is a way of not loosing that someone
  • lotta' cats 2010/03/27 20:41:19
    lotta' cats
    +1
    Some to escape a bad family situations. Some because they don't have enough real life experience, are insecure, and feel that's the best they're gonna' get. Some might beat the odds and actually be in love for real.
  • saudi girl 2010/03/27 18:25:56
    saudi girl
    for me ege it does not matter the What is important is the Disclaimer marriage
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2010/03/27 17:33:00
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    +1
    I have no idea why anyone would want to get married so young. A lot of people in my graduating class are already married and I think they're crazy!

"(Do not count the fact that some get married b/c the girl is pregnant)."
    Sadly, I know a lot of couples who planned their pregnancies really young...some of them even planned them while still in high school!

I'm not planning to marry until I'm at least 30 (if ever). I'd rather enjoy my life independently right now. Being tied down like that would suck!
    I want to graduate college, start my career, travel, have fun, etc....
    I can never understand why some other people don't.
  • lunaed 2010/03/27 15:47:41 (edited)
    lunaed
    +2

• Larry lunaed 2010/03/27 15:56:37
    Larry
    +1
    As long as they are just 'thinking' about it,I have no problem with it.But don't you think that they should finish school first,get a job and live alittle before taking the final step? They may find out that their not suited for each other.
  • lunaed Larry 2010/03/27 16:07:29 (edited)
    lunaed
    +1
    true! but a serious couple that young would definitely think through all those things before committing for life right?

i do know a couple that are high school sweethearts and went to same college and at end of college (21-23 yrs age) got married... they graduated with top ranks in high school and I know at least one of them had conservative background so that they discussed about marriage life seriously before committing... they even had jobs before college graduation and already bought a decent sized house soon after marriage and graduation... u can realize how much they seriously thought and planned life to be like this...

but that's just one couple i know out of my other friends who are in serious relationships themselves...

my bf and i met in college and are in 4 1/2 yr serious relationship.... we already discussed how to raise children after marriage, wat careers are suitable, the house, in-laws, our personalities, religion, abortion, everything!!! we fought about lots of things and learned to respect each other and strive to improve the relationship as much as possible. after marriage, we will continue to have arguments ofcourse but nothing in life can make us divorce or give up on each other... we would've already tied the knot if it wasn't for our culture in which his s...

my bf and i met in college and are in 4 1/2 yr serious relationship.... we already discussed how to raise children after marriage, wat careers are suitable, the house, in-laws, our personalities, religion, abortion, everything!!! we fought about lots of things and learned to respect each other and strive to improve the relationship as much as possible. after marriage, we will continue to have arguments ofcourse but nothing in life can make us divorce or give up on each other... we would've already tied the knot if it wasn't for our culture in which his sisters should be married before him... So, our wedding is postponed for couple of years but we consider each other already as husband and wife...

so a good marriage can be possible but it definitely depends on the maturity level and the will of the couple.... if that basic foundation of friendship and values doesn't bind the couple through their marriage life, it can't work out...
  • Larry lunaed 2010/03/27 16:17:30
    Larry
    At least your taking it slow which many couples are not doing.I would never say never on the divorce thing.I've know people who been married for 30 years or more get a divorce.It can and does happen.It's a shame that it happens to people that's been together for so long.Anyway-What if he's sister decides not to marry at all?
  • lunaed Larry 2010/03/27 18:54:15
    lunaed
    lol that's not really gonna happen... she's also looking for groomss... like those one of those blind dates/arranged marriage type... whole process will take one-two years... so ya, we can wait...

as for the divorce things.... it's sad for people to divorce after that long time... but idk i just feel they are so selfish at that point in life (not all but many)... why are there marriage counselors anyway? Hmm.... well i'm not living their lives to criticize them w/o knowing the situation but generally i feel so dissatisfied and sad about those kind of marriages...

and those feelings help me always try to improve my relationship too... guess they are good for setting us example of wat not to do/how not to be... hmmm
  • Larry lunaed 2010/03/27 22:13:11
    Larry
    After people spend a long time together,they start taking each other for granite.We all do it to some point.It's something we must watch.
  • lunaed Larry 2010/03/27 23:18:18
    lunaed
    +1
    yaaa that's true... but once we realize that though, we can always change our actions to better ourselves... but i think more people are just giving up instead of trying harder.... hmm
  • Larry lunaed 2010/03/29 15:01:02
    Larry
    +2
    You are correct.The thing is not to get to that point at all.Married life is very hard work but you got to make it fun to be with each other.I have found out that it's usually the women who really try and keep the fun in marriage.Guys are to busy working and trying to make enough money to pay for everything.We stress ourselves out so much that the little things go by the way side.We forget the things that brought us together in the first place.What we liked about each other when we were first dating.My grand-parents dated all their lives,married to each other for over 70 years.Now that having fun and enjoying each other.
  • Lady Jules ♥♥ in Lestat I trust ♥♥
    +2
    Heck I'm with you I don't see why they're always in such a rush to get married and even have children. At 20 or 21 I was still figuring out who I was exactly. I think that's why the divorce rate is up....people just don't take that time to figure out who they really are and by the time they do they're trapped in a marriage they really never honestly put a lot of thought into.
  • Daisy Lady Ju... 2010/03/27 15:45:05
    Daisy
    +1
    100% AGREE!!!
  • Larry Daisy 2010/03/27 15:47:19
    Larry
    +2
    I second that 100%.

2014/10/25 04:35:15