Why do some parents blame there kids for everything bad that happens?

~Yoshe~ 2011/03/16 23:04:54
Related Topics: Kids, parents

• johnmichel 2013/01/07 23:06:05
    johnmichel
    +10
    My parents always are doing this, My mom blames every thing on my, my dad blames every thing on me. If I try and tell my mom that it was actually my dad that did it (often times it is) my dad gets really mad and makes me leave the room before I can say any thing more.

Right now they have the power and can do what ever they want, but I know that someday I will end up taking care of them when they are old, and I plan on giving them a taste of their own medicine. I think this is a good plan for any one with this problem really. Just remember all of these things when they want you to move in with them again when they are old.

• Tiffany 2015/04/07 04:01:33
    Tiffany
    +3
    I'm 21 and for mostly all my life my mom and dad always blamed me for every little thing that happens and even to this day they still do. I have two twin little brothers and the middle child gets blamed just like me I hate it.
  • Donavin... Tiffany 2015/04/26 17:59:20
    Donavin Slocum
    I'm 12 years old and my 2 sisters were jumping me and when I push them off me they accidentally fell on the floor indeed even get in trouble but I did and I got punished for 2 months and I was so mad and frustrated at them dad goes to my cell its funny I did not even talk to them I refused to eat.
  • chase 2015/03/01 22:26:12
    chase
    +3
    my brother always blames stuff on me when it was his fault, and when I try to tell my dad and mom they believe my brother not me
  • Donavin... chase 2015/04/26 01:30:36
    Donavin Slocum
    +2
    That happens to me too I really hate being blamed for things that is my brother fault
  • Mary 2015/01/19 18:33:06
    Mary
    +3
    Also, because they think that kids are always irresponsible.
  • Mary 2015/01/19 18:31:30
    Mary
    Because they're kids
  • levan 2015/01/10 17:37:56
    levan
    +3
    Well i am going to crazy i have brother and when something happens like the vacuum broke but i used it one time in my life everyone blames me that i broke it or my brother left a tooth paste on mirror its my fault i left it no one believes me all they do is just blame me i just dont know what to do :\
  • faith.coates.5 2014/12/26 16:00:57
    faith.coates.5
    +1
    This happend to me yesterday ( which was Christmas, yes). I was on my laptop that I got for Christmas but I used it before for history fair. This was back in September/October. It came with office word stuff and I needed it. I asked my mom to download it for my bibliography
    and process paper and she said later. Its been a few days and she hadnt done it so I did it. So when she got home from work I got in trouble, so she goes behind my back and makes an account on there and makes HER the administrator and makes a password. When I was done with history fair she took it and boxed it up. We had an award saramony and I got 3rd place in finals. Now fast forwarding to Christmas. I went on my laptop and she was still the administrator. I ask her to make me the administrator and she says no because I wasnt supposd to do the word, but she never told me that. Then I get really mad and she goes in my room and takes my xbox! When she took my xbox I went CRAZY. Im a gamer and for her to sit there and take MY xbox made me super mad. And by the wat she didn't even buy it my pawpaw did! Then today I call at work her if I can have my xbox back and she hangs up on me!
  • Donavin... faith.c... 2015/04/26 02:23:44
    Donavin Slocum
    I hate when my mom does that to me and I'm a gamer too
  • linus dashes 2014/09/20 17:56:14
    linus dashes
    +1
    my mom just did this! this morning i got upset because my jeans wouldn't fit so i went down stairs and requested some pants, at this point i was angry for a number of things, for one i was going to my friends soccer game which i promised her I'd go to for the last weekend every month but i always missed it. my mom asked me to look for some more pants whitch we were drying outside i quickly glanced over them and found nothing. i then sped through the doorway trying to get upstairs and on the way in my mom elbowed me in the stomach and yelled at me for bumping into her she ALWAYS does things like that like once she hi me and then blamed it on me for being "out of controll" when i just came down upset asking her where something i lost is?? how is this my fault!!!!!!
  • brick 2014/03/22 13:50:27
    brick
    +3
    Don't worry, the same thing happens for me only all the time. Like if I can't find my clothes that i put in the dryer my mom says its my fault for losing them even though I never touched them. then i find them in her room and she says they were hers. And she wonders why I run low on outfits to wear and I need to buy more. I think honestly its because she's stressed out and stuff about everything. I've just learned to hang out in my bedroom and keep from family and friends other than school and texting. Then she aSks why I don't go downstairs and hang out and I say because I always get blamed for something I never did or I get yelled at by my brother and then from my mom because I guess I'm the one who starts all the fights. This is why when I move out I don't plan on coming back and don't plan on making my own kids have to deal with her.
  • Donavin... brick 2015/04/26 01:41:22
    Donavin Slocum
    +2
    My mom does that all the time
  • terry9304 2013/08/06 11:05:18 (edited)
    terry9304
    +3
    My parents, especially my mother blames me once every couple hours. She is blaming me on how I'm spending my time(studying, playing, reading, relaxing, you get it) and also because I'm an introvert, I've gone to hide the way I spend my time from my mother. Every time she noses around, she would say that I'm only "deceiving myself" and I shouldn't hide myself from things like these...
  • kara.sc... terry9304 2014/02/23 04:13:43
    kara.schwartz.9
    +1
    I hear you on every word. That's exactly what my mom says to me.
  • Donavin... kara.sc... 2015/04/26 01:43:36
    Donavin Slocum
    +2
    My mom says the same thing to me
  • sssl2eoke 2013/07/30 01:49:48
    sssl2eoke
    +2
    Well i come into the same boat ;/. Whenever i go downstairs for anything my mom is always trying to make an argument about something. Like if i go down to fill up my water bottle she goes all crazy and starts saying why didn't you go to the gym today even though i went yesterday she just starts yelling and then the cussing comes in to.... its kinda heart breaking and sometimes i get so pissed that i even talk back then shes like w.e dont even talk to me from now on im not your mom-.-
  • rachelle kreger 2013/07/12 20:25:47
    rachelle kreger
    +2
    I am the oldest of 3 and my two little brothers (ages 12 and 9) are such perfect little angels, ONLY when our parents are around. I am left home alone with them 5 days a week from 7am to 5pm. So I am the "build in babysitter". Anyway they go f*cking CRAZY. Tarring up everything! I cannot control them it is impossible. So I spent so much time cleaning everyday because of them. Then when my parents come home the house is still messy and my little brother blame it on me! I try to explain and tell them what happens when there not home, but the don't even give me the slightest time of day before Im grounded for another two weeks! In there eyes I'm nothing but a screw up! (btw right now im on summer break) But when im in school I try my best and get almost all A's and sometimes B's. I am involved in many activities within my community and everything and there still not impressed with me! Sometimes I start to think I am the screw I was ment to be. idk. I know I don't have it to hard, but it still hurts. a lot. I can never please them. And im starting to not care. Not care about what they think anymore. Im loosing my respect for them very fast. Im not sure if that is a good thing, or a really bad thing...
  • valerie 2013/05/08 23:18:20
    valerie
    +3
    my parents always do this!!! its terrible really. everytime i say i didnt do it, which i really DIDNT do it they dont believe me and wont even let me talk. its usually my dad who does it but he even blames it on me. ugh its so frustrating and idek what to do about it.
  • Ryan Shipe 2013/04/03 22:40:13
    Ryan Shipe
    +3
    I think this is BS my parents blame me for everything that happens. I am 15 and if something go wrong in my house it is always somehow tied to me. About a week ago my mom got a dog even though I told her we did not need one. But the lil guy has grown on me. Well today mom had to work and it is just me dad and the dog. The dog is not completely house trained and pissed on the floor
  • Donavin... Ryan Shipe 2015/04/26 18:08:09
    Donavin Slocum
    Well today my sister's took money out our mother's purse and put it in my purse and then lied and said I stole the money out her purse and I got punished for 4 weeks.
  • johnmichel 2013/01/07 23:06:05
    johnmichel
    +10

• shubham... johnmichel 2015/02/09 06:32:09
    shubhamv.sv
    +3
    don't do that. if they didn't know any better to deal with the blame doesn't mean you have to do the same, you have had an opportunity to learn from their mistakes. Don't do the same mistakes as them!
  • Donavin... shubham... 2015/04/26 01:47:51
    Donavin Slocum
    +1
    I agree with you because you are really right
  • David 2012/07/30 13:13:31
    David
    +3
    My dad has been in prison for a few years. Ever since my mom has favored my half sister and lets her do anything she wants.. Drinking. drugs... screwin her bf whenever... always getting her what she wants.. and when my sister has the slightest cold she rushes her to the doctor. My sister is 19 and im 16. Everyday when my mom comes home from work if the house isnt the exact way she wants it to be or if she didnt have a good day at work she gets mad at me for the stupidest things...She sometimes gets mad at me for not hanging out with my friends... so i ask if i can hang out with my friends and she says no... but sometimes when i DO hang out with my friends she says i cant hang out with this person anymore because "they are a trouble maker" when they dont even know them. I try to get my mom to meet them to prove they are the best friends in the world... my moms family always gangs up on me blaming me for everything.. if we leave for a day and come home to find my dog has pooped on the floor she gets mad if i didnt close all the doors... if i dont pick it up when SHE sees it... like if the dog poops in my moms room she wont tell me but if i go to my room she gets mad and yells at me for not picking it up! I cant have a normal teen life. she needs to be happy I dont drink, smoke, ...
    My dad has been in prison for a few years. Ever since my mom has favored my half sister and lets her do anything she wants.. Drinking. drugs... screwin her bf whenever... always getting her what she wants.. and when my sister has the slightest cold she rushes her to the doctor. My sister is 19 and im 16. Everyday when my mom comes home from work if the house isnt the exact way she wants it to be or if she didnt have a good day at work she gets mad at me for the stupidest things...She sometimes gets mad at me for not hanging out with my friends... so i ask if i can hang out with my friends and she says no... but sometimes when i DO hang out with my friends she says i cant hang out with this person anymore because "they are a trouble maker" when they dont even know them. I try to get my mom to meet them to prove they are the best friends in the world... my moms family always gangs up on me blaming me for everything.. if we leave for a day and come home to find my dog has pooped on the floor she gets mad if i didnt close all the doors... if i dont pick it up when SHE sees it... like if the dog poops in my moms room she wont tell me but if i go to my room she gets mad and yells at me for not picking it up! I cant have a normal teen life. she needs to be happy I dont drink, smoke, do drugs, and have sex like everyother teenager does .. my whole family does all that crap im the cleanest one and she still gets mad at me.. even if I dont make atleast an A-... she gets mad and tells me to BRING IT UP with an attitude... im so tired of this....
  • thatguy... David 2013/02/28 03:05:39
    thatguywholovesskyrim
    +1
    Other than the part where your father went to jail I'm truly sorry about that but you basically described my life right there i always get blamed for everything as well I got yelled at today by my parents not only that but my grandparents I hope you learn to live life without limitations beacause if your life is like mine than I know it sucks 90% of the time
  • Donavin... David 2015/04/26 02:06:04
    Donavin Slocum
    +2
    well you're not the only one that has to go through it I have to go do it every single day I just get so frustrated and tired that I just don't know what to do and so I just deal with it and out of all the other parts of the story I am truly sorry that your dad went to jail
  • Donavin... David 2015/04/26 18:14:19
    Donavin Slocum
    Today I had a lemon laid stand and I made $310 so after the lumen listed I put my money in my purse then my sisters go up in my purse and then burn all my money and acts like our three brothers did it in the money was for homeless people in charity until they want to burn it I was so mad at them thatI told my mother that they burn my money and she said they're only o because they don't know better
  • LINZ30 2011/06/16 09:14:38
    LINZ30
    +2
    I am 30 yrs. old & i still have a dad that blames every 1 of his sititutions on me! When i was younger i thought he did this because i was jus a teenager & being a teen girl w/ crazy teen hormones, & i might have been the 1 to blame! Now i am older, a mom & wiser, i have come to figure out he is a narcissists. He can do no wrong, he is above everyone, & he is a man that can not take control of the situtions he puts his self in. I love my dad very much, hes my dad! Thank God he didnt abuse me, but he did blame me for every tough time, every tough money sitution & if any body was a jerk to him! Like for example today, my dad & mom work for our family business, that my grandfather had built to be an extremely great business, but it is about to close the doors forever in 2 wks. My idiot great uncle bought the business an ran it straight to the ground! Greed is the root of all evil!!! Anyways today i happen to be at my parents house & as soon as my dad got home from work, he starts to hammer me in the blame game. You dont do this, you dont do that, you made this happen, & starts to down me in every possible way! You would think after all these years i would just give him the bird & forget it, hahaha nope he still hurts my heart still to this day & i am 30 yrs old. I will never understand why ...&&&&&&&&&&
    I am 30 yrs. old & i still have a dad that blames every 1 of his sititutions on me! When i was younger i thought he did this because i was jus a teenager & being a teen girl w/ crazy teen hormones, & i might have been the 1 to blame! Now i am older, a mom & wiser, i have come to figure out he is a narcissists. He can do no wrong, he is above everyone, & he is a man that can not take control of the situtions he puts his self in. I love my dad very much, hes my dad! Thank God he didnt abuse me, but he did blame me for every tough time, every tough money sitution & if any body was a jerk to him! Like for example today, my dad & mom work for our family business, that my grandfather had built to be an extremely great business, but it is about to close the doors forever in 2 wks. My idiot great uncle bought the business an ran it straight to the ground! Greed is the root of all evil!!! Anyways today i happen to be at my parents house & as soon as my dad got home from work, he starts to hammer me in the blame game. You dont do this, you dont do that, you made this happen, & starts to down me in every possible way! You would think after all these years i would just give him the bird & forget it, hahaha nope he still hurts my heart still to this day & i am 30 yrs old. I will never understand why i have been such a target to him & just blame me for every little thing & why he wants to talk down on me. I am very good mother to my children & i am so in love with them, i could never talk so ugly to them. I have been trying to earn my dads faith & affection for so long now, i really do not even know if its possible with people like him??? I could understand the way he talks to me, if i never did anything w/ myself, didnt work or if i was just a bum. But i have had made one of the biggest accomplishments of my life this year, besides having my amazing kids! I opened my own business 8 months ago & have the most busiest salon in my town. i started doing hair when i was only 14 yrs old & 16 yrs later @ 30 yrs old, i own my own business. Thats amazing, i would commend my kids if they made a great accomplishment like that! I commend them for just drawing mommy a picture! But in my dads eyes he has created me to be such a big screw up. I dont know what makes people tick, but i do know this for you future parents or parents now. Blaming your faults on your kids hurts, your kids will struggle with this forever. Words hurt, try to love & encourage your kids with loving words. It makes a huge impact in childrens life! You want your kids to look back & say wow I had such a good childhood & such great loving & caring parents!
  • Kmoney 2011/05/26 16:00:02
    Kmoney
    +4
    OMG! My dad always does this. He always blames me for his shortcomings. Always complains about not having enough money. Get a job blah blah blah. Never shuts up about that. There are no jobs period! Yes its great to have a roof over your head and food, but after a while that saying gets pretty old. There is more to life than the bare necessaties. Like how about go to the movies or a theme park for once. The lesson here is to have tons of money before you have kids because it shows that you love them and that you have the money to support them.
  • thatguy... Kmoney 2013/02/28 03:07:36
    thatguywholovesskyrim
    I literally am crying beacause what you just said is truly warm to the heart I
  • eblade902 2011/05/01 01:43:52
    eblade902
    +1
    When my mother comes back to work she gets all stressed out and blames it on me she abused me and hits me one time my little sister fell over a chair and started crying and my mom screams my name and before i could say anything she hits me right across the face and then she gose "oh i didnt know sorry" and walks away then my father was so stessed out i said dad could you please move and then smacks me and picks me up and im chocking and throws me on the ground and kicks me until i start bleeding
  • Donavin... eblade902 2015/04/26 02:11:48
    Donavin Slocum
    +3
    I really hear you and I feel what you're saying and I am so sorry that this happened to you I hope everything gets better for you
  • Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness 2011/03/17 01:08:03
    Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness
    They can't deal with the fact tthat they have a problem(s), so they place the blame on their children. Knowing that their children are smaller and not as strong, they yell at them for it and in turn may make the child believe it is their fault, leading to possible abuse. They know that children are impressionable so they abuse their youth and naiveity. My father did the same thing until my mom stood up to him and got a divorce so she could keep us safe, don't give up hope Sara.
  • Auntie M 2011/03/16 23:29:03
    Auntie M
    It is hard when your parents blame you for things that either you didn't cause, or are actually their problems. My mother used to do this. When she was unhappy with her marriage, or tired of dealing with an active child, she would tell me how I ruined her life, and she wished I'd never been born. Even if your situation is not that severe, it might help to realize it is usually themselves they are unhappy with. Unfortunately, humans tend to lash out the worst at those close to them. Hang tough girl.
  • ~Yoshe~ Auntie M 2011/03/17 20:55:32
    ~Yoshe~
    +1
    Well my father does this all the time :( its sad really
  • Auntie M ~Yoshe~ 2011/03/17 21:14:56
    Auntie M
    Just remember, it isn't really about *you*, and do not, under any circumstance, buy into any crap he tries to tell you about you. He does not get to tell you who you are, you are the only one who can decide that. You can be who you are, you are not destined to be who he says you are. When he says those things, just say (in your head) the old childhood chant, "I know you are, but what am I", lol. But try not to laugh, it'll just piss him off more!
  • Donavin... Auntie M 2015/04/26 02:21:12
    Donavin Slocum
    +3
    that happens to me every single day and I get so tired of it and I tried making things better but it turns out words so wonderful I just run away and then I went back because I know lol miss her and I love her nothing can ever change that never
  • Jorey 2011/03/16 23:19:16
    Jorey
    That is not a normal situation to be in for kids, unless the kids are deliberately doing something bad to make their parents mad at them. I would advise the kids who have true abusive parents to report your situation to a social worker or the local police.

2015/08/02 22:30:20