Why do some guys think that women are inferior to them? I really want to know.

Karasu the Neko Vampire 2012/03/14 22:58:06
Related Topics: Gender
Some guys think that they are the superior gender and that women should do everything that they say. Why is this?

• **StarzAbove** 2012/03/15 22:36:14
    Idk.
    **StarzAbove**
    +5
    Some guys feel threatened by independent, strong women and they try to put them down. In other words, they are wimps. lol

• Platinum Fangs 2012/04/23 22:36:07
    Because...
    Platinum Fangs
    From a physical standpoint they are. All the men in the world vs. all the women in the world in a fight, the men would win. Taller, faster, stronger, durable. Why else would they be in separate sports? Cause guys would win. There aren't stories of wives crippling their husbands in a drunken rage. Also psychologically, men think from a logical perspective, meant to think for efficiency. Women, more often than not, think emotionally, focus on explicit detail.

In short, women are stupid, guys are douche bags.

With such deference's between the sexes, I'm amazed the species has lasted this long.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/03/17 13:26:42
    Because...
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    Oh my,so many varibles.It could be they way they were brought up, too much testosterone,low I.Q,self loathing.Really I think it's general knowledge that many men are afraid of us.
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/03/17 12:23:39
    Idk.
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    I honestly don't know. I know it's true because I have two strong, smart sisters-in-law who come across this problem fairly often. Mechanics, repairmen, contractors, etc...always seem to want to deal with their husbands. (I'm not saying ALL of those guys are like that so please don't flood me with replies defending them! I'm speaking very generally.)
    Because...
    They've never been taught ant better and they are usually SPOILED.
  • V~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/16 02:41:08
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    It's not because men think women are inferior. Most women truly want a man who asserts leadership. Men who don't provide this are rejected, so future generations are less and less likely to have unassertive men. Women reward assertive leadership, which guarantees there will be plenty of it.

In a moment of crisis, women want men of action. I enjoy helping the woman I love get through a tough problem. When I do things that others can't or won't, she realizes how much I care for her, and I realize that she's worth the effort.

Of course, women don't want that quality 100% of the time, and some men overdo it. I want a woman to think for herself. I'm more than willing to follow her lead on subjects where she more experience. I have to guess when she wants assertive leadership and when she wants a 50/50 partner. Sometimes I guess right, sometimes not.
  • Mz Understood 2012/03/16 02:24:24
    Idk.
    Mz Understood
    +2
    That's a good question. Sounds like the idiot working on my kitchen. He argues with me over every single thing I say. Then I get, "Trust me. You don't want that." Umm...yeah I do! It's MY freaking kitchen!
  • ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA* 2012/03/15 23:26:04
  • Lady Wh... ReconMa... 2012/03/17 12:09:22
    +1
    SO agree!
  • Wonder Woman 2012/03/15 23:19:59
  • flrdsgns 2012/03/15 23:18:00
    Because...
    flrdsgns
    +2
    Because some guys are knuckle dragging neanderthals who are too insecure to accept the fact that many women are intellectually superior to them.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/03/15 22:36:14
    Idk.
    **StarzAbove**
    +5
  • flrdsgns **Starz... 2012/03/15 23:19:02
    flrdsgns
    +1
    Not me, I love that you are smarter than I, gives me something to strive for!!!
  • **Starz... flrdsgns 2012/03/16 00:24:36
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    lol You missed your calling, you should have been a comedian, that's a good joke. lol
  • flrdsgns **Starz... 2012/03/16 00:26:09
    flrdsgns
    +1
    but it's the truth
  • **Starz... flrdsgns 2012/03/16 00:29:46
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    nah!!!!!
  • ReconMa... **Starz... 2012/03/15 23:30:23
  • **Starz... ReconMa... 2012/03/16 00:24:50
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    Is that what it is? lol lol
  • ReconMa... **Starz... 2012/03/16 00:34:21 (edited)
  • **Starz... ReconMa... 2012/03/16 00:36:24
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    I love it. And I agree. lol
  • ReconMa... **Starz... 2012/03/16 01:07:52
  • **Starz... ReconMa... 2012/03/16 01:13:35
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    True. Equality
  • ReconMa... **Starz... 2012/03/16 01:14:27
  • **Starz... ReconMa... 2012/03/16 01:15:21
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    It sure is.
  • ReconMa... **Starz... 2012/03/16 01:46:13
  • john 2012/03/15 22:31:51
    Idk.
    john
    +2
    not being them guys, i would not know, hope someone can answer your question
  • cmdrbnd007 2012/03/15 12:21:27
    Idk.
    cmdrbnd007
    +1
    Don't have any idea but there are those still out there. My question is how do they ever get a woman in the first place?
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/03/15 10:35:59
    Idk.
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    I don't know for sure but I can only share what I have seen. Several of the examples that Ihave seen I believe were due to the "man " not knowing what it really means to be a man and or need to act superior in order to feel better about himself. I am sure that are several reasons but like I said I can only speak on what I have seen.
  • Doreen 2012/03/15 07:38:14
    Doreen
    I think that the number of men who think women are inferior is very very few. Usually when a man feels that way he has has some bad experiences form earlier in his life.
  • Jbug799 2012/03/15 06:16:55
    Jbug799
    chaoskitty123 said it all and said it best! Nothing else to add!
  • chaoskitty123 2012/03/15 04:17:59
    chaoskitty123
    +5
    Kinda like all the stereotypes women have of men. Take the crime of rape, are more men or women raped every year? Answer... men. You say no... can't be? Our prisons are virtual rape machines with an easy to find example being Clyde Barrow of Bonnie and Clyde fame as he was just a car thief until locked away and after being raped behind bars, became a cold blooded murderer. Try to even bring up the topic and most feminists will try to cut your short. The media refuses to address it because we don't want to hear it meaning no ratings. Who is more likely to be molested... boy or girl? Boys... simple reason, boys don't become pregnant and are more likely to be silent out of shame. Again, true. Women want to enter the work force but most women refuse to consider marrying a male house husband... true or untrue? True... and in all cases many feminists add to the problem asking what kind of man allows himself to be raped and what kind of man wants to be a housewife.

Feminists want to force change and where women are as capable as men, force can be justified.

Take firefighting as it's often used to show male sexism. Over 80% of all men who apply to be firefighters fail because they don't meet the qualifications for the job... qualifications designed to save lives. With that many men...

Take firefighting as it's often used to show male sexism. Over 80% of all men who apply to be firefighters fail because they don't meet the qualifications for the job... qualifications designed to save lives. With that many men failing to be firefighters, it's common sense that most women would also fail with an even higher failure rate. Why? Because your average woman is shorter, physically weaker and often not raised doing any of the tasks the job requires them to know. Again, remember that 80% of men fail... and most of these men would be better than most women who are approved. Now, before you go ballistic, I didn't say women can't do the job. in fact, there are many women who would make excellent firefighters but most of them don't want to be firefighters or never thought about it. Rather than lawsuits forcing fire departments to employ women who fail the required qualifications, womens rights activists should hold group meetings where they invite women to attend from across the community or even ask the women who attend do they know women who are naturally stronger, taller or more physically capable. Then, invite the local fire department over and get these women into testing. If there are no positions open, then join a volunteer fire department with an agreement that having passed the qualifications, these women are next on the list to be hired. this way they can prove themselves winning the support of the community as volunteers and get the job not because of some special treatment... but because they earned it.

You asked why do men view themselves as superior?

Not all men do which is why I started my response mentioning stereotypes and prejudice where women discriminate against men unfairly.

One man who is an abuser can affect the lives of dozens of women in a short period of time. We know there are a large number of abuse cases but do we keep statistics for how many actual abusers there are in relation to the number of victims? No we don't so when women attack men as abusers, it's a stereotype and unfair to the majority of men. Who is more likely to be an abuser... man or woman? You know the answer as it's the same as above. Facts tell us that men are more likely to be abused by women but far less likely to report it. The abuse takes different forms as men are more likely to punch and throw where women are more likely to slap and use objects to cause harm.

Men view women as inferior only to a degree based on circumstances and most men don't view women as inferior anymore than most women view men as violent... but then, there are always a multitude of people who try proving this view wrong who can easily be proven themselves wrong but too many of us accept what we're told as true.

If you believe that all men view women as inferior, try this.

First, make note of how many women think they are superior to other women as that's a great way to measure gender in this regard as it's not just men... and women who would view other women as inferior often do so for most of the same reasons men do as well as unique views women have towards other women.

I know you said "some guys" but these type of questions tend to open doors for women who say "all men".

We live in a society where nine year old boys are being tossed out of school for saying their teacher is cute and adult women want to take little boys to court accusing them of sexual harassment for something they said... yet promote teaching girls to knee boys between the legs as an equalizer when until puberty most boys and girls are already equal physically (isn't this a sexual assault?).

It may actually be true that all these efforts to force employers to reduce the qualifications to do a job so they have to hire women is doing more to make men feel as if there are double standards... and wasn't the goal of womens rights equality? Or am I mistaken and the goal was to make men equally victims of a discrimination based on gender? On some issues women are more likely to be victims and on others it's men... equality lol.

Actually, your question is a serious one and i'm just trying to give people something to think about in this regard. No one is necessarily wrong if they have an open mind and want to improve society and end discrimination... but isn't it time we started talking about gender rights instead of just womens rights? To discuss relationships and find new views?

An example?

Until the past several years, if a boy had sex with older girls or women, we ignored it or even laughed it off as a learning experience. But if these boys develop feelings or want to commit to a relationship, what did we say? No... and what message did we teach our boys doing this? What's the number one problem women always attack men over? Commitment right? Ok, so people allowed their sons to have sex but refused to allow them to commit to a relationship... to enjoy the milk without buying the cow. Many men who have commitment problems fit this scenario when all along, we protected our daughters because girls get pregnant but didn't think to protect our sons who could get sexually transmitted diseases. If we treated them the same just trying to protect them from std's, we could have done a lot of good where commitment is concerned as well as protect them from disease or pregnancy.

Some guys are just jerks is the usual answer you will get and while true, most people in society are jerks as it's not men... it's the society that raises them.
  • Jbug799 chaoski... 2012/03/15 06:15:59
    Jbug799
    +1
    I love what you have to say...I started reading the first line and could not stop..awesome!! Cudos Raves High Fives Slap on the Back Big Hugs Kiss on the Cheek..best explanation I have ever heard!!!!
  • devin.j... chaoski... 2012/12/24 23:06:35
    devin.j.white.90
    +10
    Everyone is discriminated against, get over it.
    Maybe it's just harder for men because this discrimination is so new?
    In other news, sorry you are too small and weak to be a firefighter. When I look at firefighters these days it's still an EXTREMELY male dominated career which is just fine. If so many men are raped I suggest they stand up and fight against it and get their voices heard like women did in order to make that an issue that was on the table. It's probably male egos which keep these victims silent for fear of being shamed by other men. That's my ten cents. Have a nice day.
  • katheri... chaoski... 2013/01/05 01:33:17
  • wtxwoman 2012/03/15 04:16:58
    Because...
    wtxwoman
    +3
    They appear to believe that because they are secretly afraid of women, especially strong women, and seek to degrade them so they can feel better about themselves.
  • Pele Emerging 2012/03/15 03:51:43
    Pele Emerging
    +4
    Insecurity? Strong, secure men know that they are great, and love the differences in us women without having to put us down.
  • sczen8 Pele Em... 2012/03/15 04:17:42
    sczen8
    +2
    VERY TRUE!!~;-) NO- not insecurity though~~
  • LukeC 2012/03/15 03:21:34
    Because...
    LukeC
    +2
    Because if you know a man that treats like your inferior, its your fault for letting them, grow a set and put them in there place or get away from him, you dont need that.
  • Jbug799 LukeC 2012/03/15 06:19:21
    Jbug799
    Not always Luke!
  • bricklyn LukeC 2012/03/17 04:36:51
    bricklyn
    +1
    No one is responsible for the character of another. Insecurity comes from your own unwillingness toparticipate in your own personal growth. You cannot pin that on your partner.
  • LukeC bricklyn 2012/03/19 02:32:33
    LukeC
    By taking someone into a relationship, yes you will find yourself having to put up with there personality a lot.
    Now, when a girl realizes her boyfriend is a dick, whats she suppose to do? And if she puts it to him that he needs to act better, and he bully's her into making her think shes wrong, what then?
    If a girl doesn't leave by that stage, well then I cant feel sorry for her because shes bringing it on herself.

2014/07/24 12:07:43