Why do people throw coins and other assorted things at bands when they are in concert?

Space Invader 2013/03/23 18:47:36
ZZTop walked off the stage here; Cat Steven walked off a stage in the middle of Peace Train, and cancelled the whole show.

What makes these fools do this?

• Boo 2013/03/25 18:03:28
    I didn't know they did this
    Boo
    30 to 40 years ago, when I was going to concerts, the only things I ever saw people throw on stage at concerts was bras and panties. This sounds like a stupid and dangerous practice, and I don't blame the artists for walking off!
  • Ashley 2013/03/25 12:37:15
    it's this reason
    Ashley
    People do dumb things.
  • deidara.trueart 2013/03/25 07:30:27
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2013/03/25 07:25:28
    I didn't know they did this
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    Never seen it done.
  • shadow76 2013/03/24 13:42:00
    I didn't know they did this
    shadow76
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcuz they're high?
  • Miss Yuki 2013/03/24 01:32:32
    here's why
    Miss Yuki
    +1
    Because people are idiots and don't believe that the band would really walk out. But as others have said it before, Many bands had to put up with stuff like that in the beginning of their career. and when you get ZZTOP seriously don't go throwing stuff at legends like that.
  • Catnip "Guru" ∞ 2013/03/24 01:07:00
    Catnip "Guru" ∞
    +1
    It's a double edged sword. They either love or hate the band. I 've never seen anyone throw coins, though. They've thrown flowers, stuffed animals, the ocassional undergarment...to beer bottles, lit fire crackers and bricks. But never coins.
  • Callaway 2013/03/24 00:30:20
  • Space I... Callaway 2013/03/24 00:39:38
    Space Invader
    +2
    agree..we played in a dive in Beckley West Va; and they actually had chicken wire to protect the bands.
    needless to say; we never booked there again..good money; but it took forever to get the beer smell off of everything
  • Callaway Space I... 2013/03/24 12:09:13
    Callaway
    +1
    We played a college gig one year at the time I was playing a original goldtop 1954 Les Paul it was still kind of rare back then in the late 70's but now people just can't afford to leave their frigging house with them anymore. If not for a barmaid stopping him this one dumbass was going to do a Johnny Unitas with a long neck from 10 foot away straight at my guitar while I was playing. Yea I don't miss dealing with that or the promoters who suddenly vanishes after the job when it's time to settle up. Or the bar owner who does the old three for me one for the band when cutting up the cover charge cash swearing there was only 50 or 60 people in the place. One a night the freaking fire marshal came and threatened to shut them down for going over the absolute max club capacity. :) Some good times sprinkled in there however.
  • Jackie 2013/03/23 22:52:54
    I didn't know they did this
    Jackie
    +3
    Out of stupidity I suppose. Why wouldn't the band's quit and walk away. I wouldn't put up with people throwing crap at me. You could put an eye out throwing coins. That is reckless and insane. I guess people want it to end up being a concert behind break proof glass in the future. They will have no choice. But kinda wrecks the live performance effect. Why people cannot behave in a normal fashion rather than animalistic, I have no clue. No self control? Sad stupid people ruin things for everyone.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2013/03/23 22:22:53
    here's why
    Swampdog PWCM
    +2
    Because turds are too heavy for the weenie armed punks to throw!
  • Juan Iota 2013/03/23 21:33:32
    I didn't know they did this
    Juan Iota
    +2
    No one throws money at us, although they throw assorted drugs and coochie constantly....
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2013/03/23 21:26:13
    it's this reason
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    It's what they are taught in liberal public schools these days. No respect.
  • Hotcho 2013/03/23 21:00:46
    here's why
    Hotcho
    +2
    Mostly because they're idiots looking for attention their Mommies didn't give them or gave them too much of
  • Cat 2013/03/23 20:55:28
    Cat
    +2
    Isn't it beer bottles?
     The Blues Brothers  throwing beer bottles
  • Captain-Morgan 2013/03/23 20:01:50
    Captain-Morgan
    +5
    POLITICIANS AND POLICEMAN ARE TO HEAVY TO THROW AT BANDS...
  • DoxieDad 2013/03/23 19:29:03 (edited)
    I didn't know they did this
    DoxieDad
    +3
    I am at a loss on what goes through the minds of many Americans these days. I see them being rude, self centered, obnoxious and down right mean. So a few idiots in the crowd ruined the concert for the rest who came to enjoy the music. It is time for regular citizens to put a stop to bad behavior by either saying something or reporting the person to authorities.
    Where did this incident happen?
  • Sean 2013/03/23 19:19:48 (edited)
    Sean
    +1
    I've never seen anyone fling anything other than drugs and their own bodies onto concert stages before. Throwing coins is a new one on me. I'm not sure why anyone would throw metal objects at performers they like. Edit: Actually I did see some people pour water on the terrible opening act for Violent Femmes once.

ZZ Top and Cat Steven's do kinda' look homeless. Perhaps the audience thought they were helping street musicians with some spare change.
  • Pamela 2013/03/23 18:59:02
    here's why
    Pamela
    +2
    They get out of control because they love the music, and act like idiots.
  • Aingean 2013/03/23 18:51:41
    Aingean
    +3
    I know people do it but I don't know why. I like my money ( even change ) to much to throw it at people.

2014/10/02 12:28:58