Why do people think they know everything?

T J 2012/02/07 00:30:35
Related Topics: Guilty, Politics, Sports, Life
Be it conservatives and liberals, sports junkies, soldiers and nonsoldiers, people act as if they are the most knowledgeable about life or politics, but they prove to be nothing more than trolls who spout nothing. We've all been guilty of this (including me) so why do people think they know what they are talking about?

• snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cl... 2012/07/20 04:36:27
    I know everything so I don't know
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    ppl who challenge others rudely to their face by name calling and belittling - are in fact the ones that know ABSOLUTELY nothing!
  • Reality-Check 2012/02/07 12:51:20
    I know everything so I don't know
    Reality-Check
    The more I learn, the less I thought I knew...

Knowledge evolves....
  • Not A Fool 2012/02/07 03:26:12
    I know everything so I don't know
    Not A Fool
    "The number one obstacle to enlightenment is knowledge."
    Thinking that we know everything there is to know about something limits what that thing can be, and is. Knowledge is not finite. I've been a musician for 41 years. I've studied it's history, the theory and taken classes and workshops in composition and I've practiced like a mother *%$#*; and now I've gotten to the point that I know how much I really don't know. Music is an on-going, ever expanding thing, just like any other knowledge. Especially spirituality. It's amazing how many people want to limit what God could be just so they can claim to know it. I should clarify, I believe that religion limits God, because religion is man made and people have a limited view of everything. But it makes many people very insecure to admit to not knowing all there is to know about something, especially life and death.
  • Kaimeso 2012/02/07 02:09:46
    I know everything so I don't know
    Kaimeso
    I don't know everything (but you didn't really provide much in options),.. but I do have an open mind and like to use logic and research things before expressing an opinion.
  • DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/02/07 01:40:03
    I know everything so I don't know
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    Being self-unemployed, I really do have that kind of time to stay up on a broad range of topics. I don't see this as faking it or making it up. I read a wide-range of sources both left and right despite the negative toll it takes on my blood pressure.
  • beachbum 2012/02/07 01:18:50
    Hides the fact that they know nothing
    beachbum
    +1
    Pride.
  • Doug King 2012/02/07 01:00:06
    I know everything so I don't know
    Doug King
    +2
    Some of us do! He he he!
  • Simeon~thegayliberal 2012/02/07 00:56:54
    I know everything so I don't know
    Simeon~thegayliberal
    +1
    Because most people, unless they have exceptionally low self-esteem, tend to think that when they're talking, they know what they're talking about. Otherwise, why would they be talking in the first place?
  • Not A Fool Simeon~... 2012/02/07 03:17:40
    Not A Fool
    To share ideas and expand their minds. "The number one obstacle to enlightenment is knowledge." If you think you already know everything there is to know about something you've just limited what that thing is or can be. Knowledge is on going and expanding, it is not finite.

2014/09/20 22:07:43