Why do people hate Christians and Christianity?

BobbyOdd 2012/06/25 10:33:52

• Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/06/25 12:40:35
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +16
    I can only speak for myself. I am an atheist. I do not believe in any god therefore I do not accept Christianity in my life. I think there are many examples of people who have used Christianity for evil, but I would blame that on the person.
    As for Christians? No, I don't hate them. I don't like anyone who expects me to follow their religious beliefs, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc... As a gay man it can be difficult dealing with some Christians and I have often been called all the typical gay slurs from some of the them. It would be very easy for me to fall into the trap of assuming all Christians are like that, but I make a conscious effort to remember that is not the case.
    If you are asking this as a Christian, I would suggest you read through some polls on this site that deal with other religions, homosexuality, or abortion. You will see why many people who call themselves Christians are disliked so intensely.

• MyDaydream90 2012/06/25 15:59:55 (edited)
    MyDaydream90
    +1
    I don't hate Christians. I never have and I never will. However, I do despise the behavior of some Christians. First of all, please don't lash out at me because I don't share your beliefs. I really don't care for your tired hate speech, thanks. Second of all, if you insist on proving me wrong despite my lack of interest in debating you (my life doesn't revolve around your religion), could you at least use a reasonable, logical argument rather than reciting the same refutable arguments based upon a book that is thousands of years old and supposedly written by the very character that I don't believe exists? Also, please refrain from telling me that I hate your god because, once again, I don't believe he exists. There's no hate there. Furthermore, I'm not obligated to prove that the Christian god does not exist anymore than you are obligated to prove that Zeus does not exist. The burden of proof falls on you; you're the one making claims that something exists without evidence. Finally, please mind your own business and stop trying to control my behavior in the bedroom and elsewhere based upon your own subjective sense of morality. Live your life the way you see fit, but don't try to police mine unless I'm hurting others. Oh, and one other thing, please drop the persecution comple...
    I don't hate Christians. I never have and I never will. However, I do despise the behavior of some Christians. First of all, please don't lash out at me because I don't share your beliefs. I really don't care for your tired hate speech, thanks. Second of all, if you insist on proving me wrong despite my lack of interest in debating you (my life doesn't revolve around your religion), could you at least use a reasonable, logical argument rather than reciting the same refutable arguments based upon a book that is thousands of years old and supposedly written by the very character that I don't believe exists? Also, please refrain from telling me that I hate your god because, once again, I don't believe he exists. There's no hate there. Furthermore, I'm not obligated to prove that the Christian god does not exist anymore than you are obligated to prove that Zeus does not exist. The burden of proof falls on you; you're the one making claims that something exists without evidence. Finally, please mind your own business and stop trying to control my behavior in the bedroom and elsewhere based upon your own subjective sense of morality. Live your life the way you see fit, but don't try to police mine unless I'm hurting others. Oh, and one other thing, please drop the persecution complex. You are still the majority in this country and have more power and influence than I do. You can't even be elected to office unless you claim to be a Christian, so stop trying to claim you're oppressed. This is directed to any Christians reading this to whom these points apply, not necessarily the person who asked this question. I'm not making any personal attacks.
  • Daryl 2012/06/25 15:54:22
    Daryl
    +7
    Easy target and most Christians are on the right which means they stand between leftists and power.

The most dangerous place for any person to stand is between a leftist and power.
  • 'Zedd Daryl 2012/06/25 17:04:24
  • Daryl 'Zedd 2012/06/25 17:08:28
    Daryl
    +4
    God bless Christian Evangelicals.
  • 'Zedd Daryl 2012/06/25 17:09:19
  • America... Daryl 2012/06/26 02:17:19
  • Daryl America... 2012/06/26 04:56:04
    Daryl
    +2
    If they represent evangelicals then Stalin and Mao represent all atheists.

Let me see genocidists versus rude people...yep that makes you atheists monsters that should be kept in prison just to protect the innocent.
  • America... Daryl 2012/06/28 03:29:53
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Atheism is not a religion and people don't follow atheism.
  • Daryl America... 2012/06/28 21:08:19
    Daryl
    +2
    Sure you do.

You affirmatively believe in something you cannot prove.

This is violates the scientific method.

Athiesm is the ultimate faith-based science.
  • America... Daryl 2012/06/28 21:34:00
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    It is a lack of believe in gods.
    You violate the scientific method by being religious.
    Atheism* is a lack of belief, not a belief. I lack a belief in santa too.
  • Daryl America... 2012/06/28 21:40:53
    Daryl
    +2
    No actually atheism is to affirmatively believe in 'no God' which is to believe in a negative which cannot be proven.

The scientific response is 'I don't know' which is being an agnostic.

I never claimed my faith was based on the scientific method, you did.

I am pointing out your hypocrisy and confusion.
  • America... Daryl 2012/06/28 21:45:42
    American☆Atheist
    +2
    Agnostics say they don't know but that doesn't make you not an atheist. If you still don't believe in gods you are atheist.

According to you I have like 1000000000000000000000 religions because I lack a belief in santa, bigfoot, etc.
  • Daryl America... 2012/06/28 21:46:28
    Daryl
    +2
    You are making my point for me.

Not knowing is the scientific position for anything NOT proven.

Since you cannot prove there is NO GOD, YOU MUST BE AN AGNOSTIC or you are anti-scientific.
  • America... Daryl 2012/06/28 21:56:10
    American☆Atheist
    I am agnostic, but since I don't believe in a god, I am atheist. You just want to believe that it is when I am SURE there is not a god because you want to call me religious. When you are sure there isn't god it is called Gnosticism.

atheism gnosticism
  • Daryl America... 2012/06/28 23:45:30
    Daryl
    +2
    Wrong.

Atheism is an affirmative belief there is no God.

I have proven you are anti-science and confused.

Good day.
  • America... Daryl 2012/06/29 00:02:58
    American☆Atheist
    +2
    Look at my picture again.

Atheism=lack of belief a god
    Theism=belief in a god
    agnostic=not sure
    agnostic atheism= not sure but still don't believe
    gnostic atheism= sure there isn't a god
    agnostic theism= not sure but still believes
    gnostic theism=sure there is a god

If you are right then am I religious for not believing santa and bigfoot?
  • luvguins America... 2012/06/29 00:32:47
    luvguins
    +4
    Some coward has me blocked. Lay this on him from an atheist.

• Idiot r... luvguins 2012/06/29 00:48:28
    Idiot repubs
    +3
    What idiot thinks atheism is a religion? Some people have brains so inflexible that the lack of religion is incomprehensible. We call those people born agains.
  • luvguins Idiot r... 2012/06/29 00:54:41
    luvguins
    +3
    I know, IR. Must make them feel better to fold atheism in as a religion. Ridiculous.
  • MandaLynne Idiot r... 2012/07/15 22:50:03
    MandaLynne
    religion: a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.

atheism: the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

atheism=religion
  • Idiot r... MandaLynne 2012/07/15 22:51:20
    Idiot repubs
    Sorry, atheism is a lack of religion and no doctrines.
  • Daryl America... 2012/06/29 14:40:10
    Daryl
    +2
    You believe in something you cannot prove.

This is faith.

You have to deal with that fact.

Let the pussy cat below that carps about being blocked know that he was blocked for abuse.

Too many liberals lack the self-control to behave civilized.

Kudos to you for being civil.
  • America... Daryl 2012/06/30 04:55:41
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    I doubt you block for anything else than you don't like facts.

You can deny fact all you want but atheism is a lack of belief.

Do you think I am religious for not believing santa?
  • BobbyOdd America... 2012/06/30 12:19:07
    BobbyOdd
    I saw santa at the mall.
  • America... BobbyOdd 2012/07/01 04:25:44
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    he was fake, sorry.
  • Daryl America... 2012/07/01 00:12:01
    Daryl
    +2
    No actually just for abuse.

So funny how your own thread contradicts your comment.
  • America... Daryl 2012/07/01 04:25:33
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Show me the "abuse"

Am I religious for not believing santa, and why or why not?
  • Daryl America... 2012/07/01 19:39:19
    Daryl
    You don't follow do you? Those who are blocked are blocked for abuse.

I never heard of a religion of Santa have you?
  • America... Daryl 2012/07/02 04:21:31
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    It does not matter, I lack a belief in santa.

and there is a santa religion.
  • Daryl America... 2012/07/02 19:06:37
    Daryl
    I have never been to a Santa church or met someone who prayed to santa so I think this statement is equally as foolish as your previous.

Yes. You believe affirmatively in something you cannot prove so you live a faith-based ideology.
  • America... Daryl 2012/07/04 06:35:48
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    So in you mind if someone disbelieves something that someone has a religion with than the non-believer is religious?

and there is a church of santa
  • Daryl America... 2012/07/04 09:23:38
    Daryl
    +1
    Your prose is as poor as your logic.

You bore me.

Go away.
  • America... Daryl 2012/07/05 03:08:39
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Sorry that facts bore you.
  • Idiot r... America... 2012/07/15 22:54:52
    Idiot repubs
    +1
    You proved him wrong, he calls that abuse.

asimov intellectualism
  • MandaLynne Daryl 2012/07/15 22:46:59
  • Idiot r... MandaLynne 2012/07/15 22:55:59
  • MandaLynne Idiot r... 2012/07/15 23:05:26
    MandaLynne
    And in what manner have I been un-Christ like?
  • Idiot r... MandaLynne 2012/07/16 00:29:41
    Idiot repubs
    +2
    You personally, I cannot say, SH "christians" overall: Spreading lies about people, blaming the poor and sick for their conditions. being hypocrites.

republican jesus republican jesus
  • MandaLynne Daryl 2012/07/15 22:51:54
    MandaLynne
    +1
    Agreed.

atheism=religion
  • America... MandaLynne 2012/07/16 11:52:53
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Atheism=not believing sky daddies.

2014/10/26 06:15:25