Why do people hate Christians and Christianity?

BobbyOdd 2012/06/25 10:33:52

• Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/06/25 12:40:35
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +16
    I can only speak for myself. I am an atheist. I do not believe in any god therefore I do not accept Christianity in my life. I think there are many examples of people who have used Christianity for evil, but I would blame that on the person.
    As for Christians? No, I don't hate them. I don't like anyone who expects me to follow their religious beliefs, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc... As a gay man it can be difficult dealing with some Christians and I have often been called all the typical gay slurs from some of the them. It would be very easy for me to fall into the trap of assuming all Christians are like that, but I make a conscious effort to remember that is not the case.
    If you are asking this as a Christian, I would suggest you read through some polls on this site that deal with other religions, homosexuality, or abortion. You will see why many people who call themselves Christians are disliked so intensely.

• Pat 2013/05/30 07:43:50
    +3
    Christianity makes no sense, The Bible says the Earth is 6000 years old, that there is a magic tree a talking snake and a rib-woman, God later goes on to even genocide every CHILD in the NOAH story, it also tells you to tell your children that they will burn in HELL forever if they question this nonsense. Another large reason I do not like Christianity is LIES they say a world without Religion is bad yet Sweden has the highest Athist rate in the world 80% of people do not believe in GOD yet its a very peaceful society and works very well the Bible belt for example is racist and homophobic it seems every day a Christian is wishing Hell or Aids on one group or another.
  • Pat 2013/05/30 07:38:24
    We do not like Christians because you Ban Condoms in Africa killing millions, you Gay bash daily, Blow up Abortion Clinics picket funerals, do I need to go on?
  • Sarah Jones 2013/05/19 10:57:20
    Sarah Jones
    I myself am a Christian and it has always irked me that some people hate Christians and Christianity just because of the bad things that have been done in its name. Those people are not what Christianity is about and if more people judged people by themselves and not by their religion, sexual orientation, skin color, gender or any other factor that world would be a much better place. Personally I believe it is not my place to judge. God gave us free choice and your life is yours to do what you will. I think more people should respect that. :)
    Please, before you choose to hate Christians, have an open mind and don't judge by all the bad examples out there.
  • Zippcodey 2012/07/21 15:10:14
    Zippcodey
    Could it be because it is pagan to the core and many people are finding that out now?
  • Katherine 2012/07/16 12:57:14
    Katherine
    Because America (and the west) was rooted in Judao-Christianity. It's what our former balance of power, laws and moral code were based upon. Socialism and communism are a bit antithetical to those and that is what the world is determined towards. JMO.
  • BobbyOuroboros 2012/07/13 20:59:53
    BobbyOuroboros
    +1
    Maybe because Christians are you know like evil
  • Ronzo 2012/07/04 12:53:39 (edited)
    Ronzo
    +2
    Christians are hated because they are misrepresented by those who oppose or hate the thought of a God who is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient one who will judge them for rejecting him as our creator and giver of life. Christians are not perfect or without sin, they are forgiven and repentant and obedient to Gods Holy Bible or they are not a Christian. The world's atheist's have waged war against christians for thousands of years, Hitler, Stalin and many others were atheists, however many good, kind, great people do not believe in God.
  • Katherine Ronzo 2012/07/16 13:05:08
    Katherine
    To be fair, Hitler wasn't exactly an Atheist either.

"The Fuhrer is deeply religious, though completely anti-Christian. He views Christianity as a symptom of decay. Rightly so. It is a branch of the Jewish race... Both Judaism and Christianity have no point of contact to the animal element, and thus, in the end, they will be destroyed." ~ Joseph Goebbels

"The National Reich Church of Germany categorically claims the exclusive right and the exclusive power to control all churches within the borders of the Reich: it declares these to be national churches of the German Reich.

"The National Church is determined to exterminate irrevocably...the strange and foreign Christian faiths imported into Germany in the ill-omened year 800...

"The National Church has no scribes, pastors, chaplains or priests, but National Reich orators are to speak in them.

"The National Church demands immediate cessation of the publishing and dissemination of the Bible in Germany...'"

"On the altars there must be nothing but 'Mein Kampf' (to the German nation and therefore to God the most sacred book) and to the left of the altar a sword.

"On the day of its foundation, the Christian Cross must be removed from all churches, cathedrals and chapels...and it must be superseded by the only unconquerable symbol, the swastika."

christian cross removed churches cathedrals chapels superseded unconquerable symbol swastika
  • nightfocus Katherine 2012/11/28 23:43:02
    nightfocus
    +10
    To be fair...understand that just because someone claims they're 'christian' does not make them 'christian'.
    Hitler claimed to be catholic...

we can a;; see how well that went..
  • Katherine nightfocus 2012/11/29 02:05:31 (edited)
    Katherine
    He also called it a fairy tale, said it was for idiots, said he would exterminate Christianity. So I'm going to go by the Nazis' constant ridicule (after getting "elected"), torture, murder, Jewish appreciation during and after the war, and the Church's immediate and categorical rejection of Hitler and the Nazis before, during and after the war, among many things. Forgot, also that Jesus was Jewish, so were his parents. That was part of the argument of the Church when the pope wrote Mit brennender Sorge in 1937.
  • Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2012/07/03 13:09:07
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    Because many can see or find out that the majority of 'christianity' is hypocritical. And for those that actually look into a Bible find the tenets of such as being unscriptural. Prophecy tells us that many (Greek 'majority') will be deceived (Matt24:5);- these false representatives would claim Christ is the Messiah but lead astray 'many' to a false 'christianity'. In other words they would accept some things Christ said but throw out things like the Law and living like He did as an example. They would not keep the Sabbath like Jesus did but maybe go to church on the pagan day of the SUN god for an hour and then go out and live like as before believing just having 'love' in your heart is enough. What is love (1Jo.5:2-3)?
    What percentage of the earth is deceived,- a small minority, maybe 10 %? (Rev12:9,20:2). When someone makes counterfeit money they don't put pictures of clowns and ballons on it but make it to appear as the real thing! So if agents of a counterfeit christianty go forth with their false religion they will try to make it look like the real thing,-even slaping some scriptural quotes out of context to supposedly give credance to it.
  • BobbyOdd Flash,a... 2012/07/03 21:48:47
    BobbyOdd
    i think i found someone who does a Bible study and isn't out to make money. His name is Les Feldick and usually is on public access TV stations. He uses parts of the Bible to explain other parts. I was always bothered by not being able to understand what i was reading. i challenge anyone to watch 3 of his 30 minute shows and see if what he is saying doesn't ring true to you.
  • zeldama... BobbyOdd 2012/07/23 05:02:08
    zeldamaster17
    Let's hope he reads the part about tearing children to pieces for making fun of a bald guy...
  • cc 2012/07/03 07:56:53
    cc
    +1
    One reason is that Christians have strayed away from true Christianity. You have the Westfield Baptist Church for example...openly judging people's salvation based on unrelated associations. Denying gay marriage...frankly I'm on the fence about that one as I'd like to see some track record of the practice actually being a stabilizing force and making them more settled, happy and productive... but not denying it for religious reasons. Too many "christians" are yelling "You're going to hell for______" and that ain't right. It breeds hate and they pretty much deserve it.
  • nightfocus cc 2012/11/28 23:44:58
    nightfocus
    +10
    There is not a single TRUE christian who is screaming 'go to hell' to anyone. Again..this is another example of those who come in the name of God, but are anything true to it.l Westboro baptist church is a horrible example to use as christians because they are anything but....
  • jesus christ 2012/07/03 04:51:33
    jesus christ
    And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites ... And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males ... And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones ... And Moses was wroth with the officers ... And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31:1-18

When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it ... And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself. Deuteronomy 20:10-14

How shall we do for wives for them that remain, seeing we have sworn by the LORD that we will not give them of our daughters to wives? ... And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the w...

How shall we do for wives for them that remain, seeing we have sworn by the LORD that we will not give them of our daughters to wives? ... And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children. And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man. And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh. Judges 21:7-11

Go and lie in wait in the vineyards; And see, and, behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to dance in dances, then come ye out of the vineyards, and catch you every man his wife of the daughters of Shiloh ... And the children of Benjamin did so, and took them wives, according to their number, of them that danced, whom they caught. Judges 21:20-23
  • JesusIsMyGod 2012/07/02 02:45:29
    JesusIsMyGod
    +3
    Because some Christians make it bad for the rest of us by being cruel to people. I was bullied to the point of wanting to die by so called good Christians.
    yeah you were a believer but you missed the not being a jerk about it part
  • Cognito22 2012/07/01 14:18:10
    Cognito22
    +1
    Haters gonna hate . . . especially if it's about love.
  • mrdog 2012/07/01 07:14:18
    mrdog
    Sin..... bark
  • Don Leuty 2012/07/01 06:24:37
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/07/01 06:15:54
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +1
    Satan.

Don't believe in Satan?

Woe be unto you.
  • ⚜Ellen⚜ ☼True American Patriot ☼
    +6
    Because ignorance begets ignorance.  People that hate Christians and/or Believers in Jesus Christ and Our Lord, God..... just don't "get it" ....They do not GET IT, because they don't want to be held accountable for anything, and they don't want to be responsible for anything they say, or do. The mere thought of Christians and even the name Jesus, stirs up defiance and hatred because their hearts are black and bitter. If they can trick they're minds into thinking they believe there is no God, then they don't have to feel responsible for answering to anything higher than themselves. It's called being "selfish, lazy, mule headed, trifling, self absorbed, ignorant, fool hearted and hell bound"  They KNOW in the core of their soul God does exist, but they make the choice to cast Him aside and mock Him. They make fun of believers and argue the fact because of all of the above. No Christian is perfect. We all have flaws. Our relationship with Christ is THE Most Important thing. Personally, I'm open minded to different religions. I wouldn't deny any Christian of their religion. I will not argue with another Christian about religion because I believe Christians of every religion are on the same team. ...At least, they should be! There are some people that even claim to be Christian...
    Because ignorance begets ignorance.  People that hate Christians and/or Believers in Jesus Christ and Our Lord, God..... just don't "get it" ....They do not GET IT, because they don't want to be held accountable for anything, and they don't want to be responsible for anything they say, or do. The mere thought of Christians and even the name Jesus, stirs up defiance and hatred because their hearts are black and bitter. If they can trick they're minds into thinking they believe there is no God, then they don't have to feel responsible for answering to anything higher than themselves. It's called being "selfish, lazy, mule headed, trifling, self absorbed, ignorant, fool hearted and hell bound"  They KNOW in the core of their soul God does exist, but they make the choice to cast Him aside and mock Him. They make fun of believers and argue the fact because of all of the above. No Christian is perfect. We all have flaws. Our relationship with Christ is THE Most Important thing. Personally, I'm open minded to different religions. I wouldn't deny any Christian of their religion. I will not argue with another Christian about religion because I believe Christians of every religion are on the same team. ...At least, they should be! There are some people that even claim to be Christian....but are demons in drag,  posing as a "Christian"  roaming this earth for the devil himself.  They are Predators.
    People that Hate Christians and Christianity, are usually belligerent and cowardly.
  • CUDDLY ... ⚜Ellen⚜... 2012/07/01 06:16:27
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    Very WELL said.
  • ⚜Ellen⚜... CUDDLY ... 2012/07/01 06:56:35
    ⚜Ellen⚜ ☼True American Patriot ☼
    +3
    Thank you! : )
  • zeldama... ⚜Ellen⚜... 2012/07/23 05:03:44
    zeldamaster17
    Actually, I do want to be held accountable for what I do. But by the ones I do it to, not by some god I don't even know. I make up with people I've wronged, not with a god I don't even know exists.
  • Chad ⚜Ellen⚜... 2012/08/01 04:36:09
    Chad
    +3
    Actually most atheists like myself would say the thought of christians doesn't "stir" up defiance and hatred but only when they try to push christianity on them and others who want no part of it. Also not answering to something no one has ever seen or talked to and the only reason that anyone alive today knows about it is a 2000 year old book is selfish? that is ignorant. folowing something with blind faith with no actual proof is ignorant. and as an atheist i would say i know my soul doesn't belong to god because there is no god.
  • nikky f... ⚜Ellen⚜... 2012/09/03 19:51:03
  • AnnaJohn nikky f... 2012/11/02 23:37:53
    AnnaJohn
    +2
    Its not that we always believe we are correct! I have no problem saying that I'm wrong, IF I'm wrong! And those "Christians" who go blaming non-believers are not Christians!! And God gives us FREEDOM! You are given free will to make your own decisions! God's not gonna force you to follow him at all!
  • Maxine 2012/07/01 00:40:53
    Maxine
    +2
    Because they are Satan's little helpers--Some have chosen to follow the Devil. With that said, I don't push my religious beliefs on others. I know that Jesus Christ died for me and for you. We are all blessed and covered with His blood. We all have a choice--we can believe if we want too. I am not so much into religion. I have a fellowship with God--that is more than enough for me. And I do not care if you agree or disagree with me. You will not change my beliefs. God bless you,
  • zeldama... Maxine 2012/07/23 05:04:34
    zeldamaster17
    So Jesus is god? God sacrificed himself to himself to appease himself... Wonderful.
  • luvguins 2012/06/29 00:36:14
    luvguins
    +1
    Because the radical evangelicals have made themslves the scourge of the earth as bigots, and trying to take womens freedoms away.
  • ⚜Ellen⚜... luvguins 2012/07/01 06:58:12
    ⚜Ellen⚜ ☼True American Patriot ☼
    +4
    If you believe that, your thinking is thoroughly twisted.
  • luvguins ⚜Ellen⚜... 2012/07/01 14:15:18
    luvguins
    Actions speak louder than words from the UN Christian radical evangelicals.
  • ⚜Ellen⚜... luvguins 2012/07/02 06:45:16
    ⚜Ellen⚜ ☼True American Patriot ☼
    +1
    Your actions and your fool hearted judgments tell me that you are a radical left winger. I'd rather be me, than you, any day.
  • luvguins ⚜Ellen⚜... 2012/07/02 12:56:29
    luvguins
    Of course. You'd rather be a bigot?
  • in vino veritas 2012/06/28 15:15:58
  • firebird 2012/06/28 04:11:49
    firebird
    Many reasons and here are a few..... Disappointed with their beliefs, fear, brainwashed towards cults and other religions, hurt , pain , guilt, rammed down their throats through zealous teachers or parents, and just flat out ignorant and influence through other ignorant and hate ... No telling.
  • Elephant Lord 2012/06/28 00:50:36
    Elephant Lord
    +1
    Do they? Christianity is certainly losing its influence in the USA, but that doesn't mean that everyone hates Christianity.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/06/26 19:28:39 (edited)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/06/26 19:30:34
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    We all have a Path to the Creator the Creator appears to us in differant ways

path creator creator appears differant ways

We are all on the Same Journey but we have Differant Paths we all choose the path we are on the Goal is the same to to understand Truth nobody can Tell you what Truth is you have to Educate yourself and let your mind and heart and soul Decide what Truth matters to you

understand truth truth educate mind heart soul decide truth matters
    we are all children of the same universe

2014/07/24 13:10:58