Why do people bother asking questions when they don't want your opinion, just for you to agree with them?

Pandora ;) 2009/07/24 19:29:05
I've answered a few questions this past week which have resulted in some sort of argument and me just being insulted. I haven't even understood the reason for it half the time to be honest.
I just innocently gave my opinion and this is what happened.
I know it's nothing new but what is the point of it?
I have friends on Sodahead who have a different political/religious/whatever view but we can manage to have normal conversations and be civil, so why can't others?
Why should I have to be scared of answering a question in case I am verbally attacked?
No wonder lots of people are leaving the site, it seems the close-minded simpletons are taking over with their hate.
This is shit.

• Me 2009/07/24 19:33:36
    Me
    +5
    Simple, many people do not want to hear anything other than what they believe out of fear that they may actually have to admit to the possibility that they are wrong. Intelligent debate is slowly but surely becoming an endangered art.

• stalkerbitch 2009/07/25 10:24:16
    stalkerbitch
    +1
    exactly this is what has annoyed me about this site why ask a question if you are not willing to hear other peoples opinions in fact why be on the site at all, it makes no sense i think some people cant believe that someone would disagree with them. close minded people. site hear peoples opinions site people disagree close minded people
    I dunno.... kind of annoying, huh?
  • Jamie 2009/07/25 07:32:38
    Jamie
    +1
    Some people are absurd, logic flies right out the window. I gave a dissenting opinion to a poll question that was SEVERELY stacked, I was not particularly rude or nasty and was blocked for it. She wanted to hear only agreement. She and those like her are cowards! They lack the intellectual capacity for debate.
  • flaca BN-0 2009/07/25 07:06:34
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    they view the world through the narrow chink in their cavern
  • Hannah_x3 2009/07/25 04:48:05
    Hannah_x3
    I totally agree. i think some people want your opinion just to diagree with you and start a fight. it doesnt make sense, people just agree to disagree.
  • .: LiVi :. 2009/07/25 03:07:19
    .: LiVi :.
    I know, it's pathetic.
    pathetic
  • chrystal97 2009/07/25 01:59:01
    chrystal97
    +1
    I have no idea why people do this. It's always close-minded people who you wounder why they even have an SH account.

I like it when the creator thanks you for your opinion--even if i don't agree with you. It's a simple statement that doesn't bash the other; just stating differences.

I simple don't reply when someone gets crazy like that.

I also rave others who are getting bashed--just to let them know their point isn't pointless.
  • Keen Tojones 2009/07/25 00:37:43
    Keen Tojones
    +3
    Who knows...but I think it might have something to do with brain damage.
  • nerimonster 2009/07/25 00:36:42
    nerimonster
    +1
    so they have something to bitch about, of course.
  • dreamwriter12 ✲the libraria... 2009/07/24 23:36:33
    dreamwriter12 ✲the librarian of ρнaεt✲ in grammar I trust
    +1
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I've thought about leaving the site, though not just because of that type of stuff. The spam has pretty much reached unholy proportions too. All this crap with Twilight is driving me up the wall. Both the pro-Twilight AND anti-Twilight stuff. Enough already! Please, give it a rest! That and the 10 billion Obama questions that are posted everyday. If this doesn't end soon, I think I might just leave.
  • shroomiexoxo 2009/07/24 23:34:59
    shroomiexoxo
    +2
    they must have insecurity issues ;D
  • lynnellablue 2009/07/24 23:16:56
    lynnellablue
    +4
    There are several people on this site who put up questions or blogs and then when you don't agree with them they insult you and block you. They do that so on their next question or blog only people who agree with them can comment; that way they can act like they are in the majority.

And you are correct, it is shit. It is also cowardly. It is also signifies a lack of personal character.
  • OmegaNine 2009/07/24 23:10:14
    OmegaNine
    +2
    I second that. People just have nothing better to do these days, it's pathetic. Don't let their ignorant comments bother you. Chances are they have miserable lives with shitty marriages, and this site is the only place that they can gain an idea of control.
  • The Gov-Here to help BN362 2009/07/24 22:35:05
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +2
    It's because alot of people don't want YOUR opinion... their agenda is to bait you so that they can force their opinion ON you...

Just always be prepared for a hateful reply... and try not to answer polls that you don't feel are worth the fight, chances are you are going to get one from someone, you will grow tired of it and not finish your arguement.
  • Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^ 2009/07/24 20:10:15
    Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^
    +3
    I seldom answer questions with religious or political undercurrents because, when I've given an opinion, people start throwing the bible at me and ask where my biblical or constitutional (depending on which it is) proof is. I wasn't aware that we needed to cite references for our opinions! I think some people just want to be told they're right. I find I'm usually attacked, not by the person asking the question, but by some looney who has to find religion or politics in everything. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.
  • QueenShebaVIII 2009/07/24 19:38:50
    QueenShebaVIII
    +1
    Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous...
  • Robynita© 2009/07/24 19:38:19
    Robynita©
    +4
    I completely agree.

Just a few minutes ago, I answered a poll asking for our ten favorite guitarists. I very innocently and quite happily listed my favorites and I get this reply from the poll's creator:

"You need to know better guitar players then those."

What the hell?! That's MY opinion. I chose MY favorites and the creator of the poll bashed my choices. So I started an argument because it is a pet peeve of mine when people ask questions and then attack people's answers.

I said:

"Yeah, in the future when you ask questions, you should really try not to undermine people's answers. It's pretty annoying when you happily answer a poll and then the poll's creator responds the way you did.
    That's why I got on the defensive. Just sayin'. "

The creator then tries to tell me they didn't mean to make me mad. And THEN goes on to say "it's only that I know a lot of better guitar players then those."
    Bitch, what did I just say?!

I say "I picked my favorites and you have no business downing them."

And here's the kicker:

The creator said "I'm not downing them
    I'm just saying that there are much better guitar players out there
    so I'm putting the ones I know higher then those."

I just don't understand what people don't get about OPINIONS. No one's opinion is a fact, so sit the fuck down and realize that we...''
    I completely agree.

I said:

Bitch, what did I just say?!

And here's the kicker:

The creator said "I'm not downing them

I just don't understand what people don't get about OPINIONS. No one's opinion is a fact, so sit the fuck down and realize that we all prefer different styles of music. So I tore into the creator about the difference between facts and opinions and then left. I'm done. Sorry the comment's so long, it just pissed me off.
  • Pandora ;) Robynita© 2009/07/24 19:41:28
    Pandora ;)
    +2
    It's okay, I get pissed off with it too. It's so frustrating when people don't admit what they're doing and it's common sense to know that what they've written is slightly insult.
    Exactly, opinions are not fact or fiction, they are opinions! If people can't accept that, they shouldn't ask questions!
  • lynnell... Robynita© 2009/07/24 23:18:44
    lynnellablue
    +1
    did you include sister rosetta tharpe in your answer - she's a magnificent guitarist
  • Robynita© lynnell... 2009/07/24 23:21:57
    Robynita©
    Hmm nope I'm afraid I don't know who that is. =O
  • lynnell... Robynita© 2009/07/24 23:23:22
    lynnellablue
    +1
    youtube her - "didn't it rain" - it's very old, but she was certainly a master
  • Ari 2009/07/24 19:35:50
    Ari
    +1
    I know that is so annoying! I have commented on two questions recently where the person asking put down my opinion and tried to talk me into theirs.
    I do not comment on a lot of political questions, cuz people are so touchy!
    This world is full of diversity. Get over it people.
    I am not going to leave just because there are some people who don't like what I have to say.
  • Milk Maid 2009/07/24 19:35:00
    Milk Maid
    +1
    That is how it is.......don't you agree with me? Damn it agree!!! *_* LOL
  • Me 2009/07/24 19:33:36
    Me
    +5
  • Ari Me 2009/07/24 19:37:23
    Ari
    +2
    Very true.
  • Pandora ;) Me 2009/07/24 19:39:07
    Pandora ;)
    +2
    It is becoming an endagered art and it's saddening.
  • Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius) 2009/07/24 19:32:26
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    +3
    i know right?
    there was this question asking 'which is better twilight or harry plopper'
    they didn't even bother to write the name right! just after a pig on the simpsons movies

and the answers u culd pick were

twilight is way better
    or
    harry potter sucks balls
  • Pandora ;) Gir Fan... 2009/07/24 19:34:19
    Pandora ;)
    +3
    Yeah, that annoys me.
    If you want people to know how much you love Twilight, post in on your profile or something, don't make stupid polls like that.
  • Ari Pandora ;) 2009/07/24 19:38:52
    Ari
    +1
    Exactly. I don't even answer those anymore! They are a trap I tell you.
  • Gir Fan... Pandora ;) 2009/07/24 19:40:08
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    +2
    i dont even get why they have to rat on harry potter.
    its a good book.

people are practically writing polls over and over about 'which is better; harry potter or twilight' when nothings the same between the two books(besides Cedric). it only matters about your taste in books.
  • Ari Gir Fan... 2009/07/24 19:36:58
    Ari
    +2
    that is horrible! i hate it when people only put one answer to the question.
  • Gir Fan... Ari 2009/07/24 19:41:23
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    even Twilighters were pissed off at the guy for doing that
  • Ari Gir Fan... 2009/07/24 19:43:09
    Ari
    Seriously, if they like Twilight that is fine, but don't put down Harry Potter!
  • Gir Fan... Ari 2009/07/24 19:46:11
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    +2
    The books dont even have anything in common except cedric who plays edward but thats it. everything else just depends on your taste in books.

its wizards and vampires
    ^^ i see nothing common ^^
  • Pandora ;) Gir Fan... 2009/07/24 19:49:06
    Pandora ;)
    They're both fictional, that's all.
    People just want to fight, I swear.
    Silly over obsessive fanatics.
  • Gir Fan... Pandora ;) 2009/07/24 19:58:14
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    you gotta admit its kinda the twilight fans that are over-obsessed.
    im not saying all fans are like that but some are a little bit crazier on 'Team Twilight'
  • Ari Gir Fan... 2009/07/24 19:49:14
    Ari
    +1
    exactly. People are pitting two different books against each other for hype. I am so over it. I just try to let it go, but it so hard sometimes : (
  • Pandora ;) Ari 2009/07/24 19:50:05
    Pandora ;)
    +2
    DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!
  • Ari Pandora ;) 2009/07/24 19:55:23
    Ari
    exactly! lol
  • Gir Fan... Ari 2009/07/24 19:56:58
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    +1
    and i also heard this wizard show on disney channel is gonna do a fight against vampires

like theyre trying to make the fight worse

2014/04/16 19:10:46