Why do guys cheat on their girlfriends?

♥ I Miss You Cody ♥ 2008/12/28 16:01:02
i was at my best friends house the other day,she got a phone call. i didnt know who it was, but i did recognise the voice on the other end. then i heard "dont tell her but want to go out with you". it was then that i knew who it was. it was my boyfriend. it crushed my heart that he would do something like that to me of all people because i would have never done something like that to him. i tilld him it was over because if he had planned to cheat on me then he wasnt really worth it in the first place. so why do they tell you that they love you and then they tell other girls the same thing, that the only want to be with them. what makes them do that?

• 1001084 2008/12/30 01:48:47
    they cheat because......
    1001084
    +6
    Here Are the Top 10 Reasons Why Men Cheat:

1. Because they had the option. The old saying “men are only as faithful as their options” can sometimes ring true. Men don’t get offered sex as often as women so when the opportunity does arise, it can be very difficult for them to turn it down.

2. It boosts their ego. Sometimes men no longer feel like they are attractive to the opposite sex and when a woman shows some interest, not only does a man react, he may allow her to stroke his ego and more. There is nothing like the thrill of the chase to men on the hunt. When they are finally rewarded for their efforts, their egos swell even larger.

3. You grow apart. Maybe the two of you didn’t have as much in common as you thought. He’s met a woman who has more in common with him who loves football or plays golf. He may check out if he is compatible with her under the sheets also.

4. You argue a lot. Men will sometimes cheat to get away from an overly critical or argumentative partner. Who wants to be around someone who is constantly on them about something.

5. They have fallen out of love. Sometimes men become so comfortable in a relationship, they don’t know how to get out. They may be staying in the relationship because of children or financial reasons. However, they feel like...

5. They have fallen out of love. Sometimes men become so comfortable in a relationship, they don’t know how to get out. They may be staying in the relationship because of children or financial reasons. However, they feel like they are missing out on love and may seek it out elsewhere. In their mind, this is as close to win-win as they can get.

6. Your sex life stinks. If a man has a disinterested partner or isn’t getting enough sex to fulfill him, there is a good chance he will have an affair. Just because you have a husband or boyfriend, does not mean you can stop trying. It takes a little bit of effort to keep your sex life from becoming boring and non-existent. Some men cheat because they want to try new sexual things that their current partner will not try.

7. To get revenge. A man will sometimes cheat if he finds out his partner was cheating on him. How else is he supposed to heal those hurt feelings of his but through good old-fashioned sex?

8. It’s new, different and exciting. Some men get tired of having steak for dinner every night and want to try a hamburger. The same goes for sex with a woman. That’s why men don’t necessarily always cheat with women who are more attractive than their partners.

9. To see if they can get away with it. If a man has the attitude of “what she doesn’t know, won’t hurt her,” he may cheat to see if he is sneaky and smart enough to get away with it. However, with all the advancement in surveillance spy ware, getting caught has now become easier than ever.

10. Because you have allowed it in the past. If you have forgiven a cheating man a couple of times, they are more than likely going to cheat again because they already know if they plead enough, you will forgive them.

Reasons why men cheat can be more complex than the above list or even be a combination of a few different reasons. Nevertheless, no reason is good enough reason to lie and be dishonest. After all, Karma can be a bitch.

• Nina_Marie523 2012/02/06 23:05:08
  • Alee Bowman 2011/07/27 21:37:56
    they cheat because......
    Alee Bowman
    They cheat because guys are freaking jerks. my boyfriend of two years cheated on me during the first year we were together, and he told me a year after it had happened.
  • embe13 Alee Bo... 2011/08/01 23:25:09
    embe13
    +1
    Why though? I just found out my boyfriend of 10 years cheated on my summer od 2010 and again in 2011. I have been in and out of the hospital with severe medical problems since 2009 so I feel like he is so horrible.
    ]
  • winyu 2010/04/12 02:24:45
    dont care
    winyu
    +3
    Who Cares...Move on.
  • holliday04 2009/01/08 05:40:37
    they cheat because......
    holliday04
    they think that they can get away with it - same with women. Just remember not all people are the cheating type - drop this loser and find another boyfriend.
  • Mrs. Daydreamer :) 2009/01/06 23:14:48
    Mrs. Daydreamer :)
    +1
    They cheat in my opinion because they are unsure of themselves and full of themselves at the same time. there are good guys out there, i promise. sometimes you have to change your standards (not raise of lower them, just change them) and you'll find a good one.
  • GreatLakes 2009/01/06 16:09:20
    GreatLakes
    +2
    Girls cheat on their boyfriends too.. it works both ways.
    undecided girls cheat boyfriends works ways
  • Deleted 2009/01/06 15:32:53
    Deleted
    +2
    There are so many reasons for a person to cheat including boredom, betrayal, desire for something more or a desire to be treated better then the current partner.
  • rushforpres 2009/01/06 15:29:40
    they cheat because......
    rushforpres
    +2
    ...Because they are morally "weak".
  • Michael 2009/01/06 14:59:25
    they cheat because......
    Michael
    +1
    For the same reasons that women cheat.
  • Jen 2009/01/06 14:46:55
    they cheat because......
    Jen
    +1
    men and women both cheat. i dont believe there is one reason. could be they are unsatisfied in their relationship, low self esteem, need for attention, big ego, just because they can, the excitement of a secret, sex, fell in love with someone else. there are so many causes.
  • La 2009/01/06 14:34:41
    they cheat because......
    La
    +1
    Sometimes that is just their fortay. I have came across some people not just men that don't know and don't care on being faithful. I would definately have issue with my friend if I were you. She is a snake just like him.
  • daydreamer 2009/01/06 14:23:44
    daydreamer
    +3
    Most men will cheat til they truly have their hearts broken.Sorry this happened to you I have been on both sides its not nice breaking someones heart.And its very painful when it is your own heart being broken.People in general anymore don't seem to be committed to relationships like they used to be.Cheating has become socially acceptable.
  • :)SuperGirl(: 2009/01/02 04:04:01
    they cheat because......
    :)SuperGirl(:
    +1
    becuz guys are jerks and they think that to have a good life they have to get as many girls as they can. cheat becuz guys jerks life girls
  • ~Kary_luves_U~ 2008/12/30 19:00:18
    they cheat because......
    ~Kary_luves_U~
    +2
    because they have no lives and they want a reputation like that so more girls will go out with them.
  • m 2008/12/30 18:30:53
    they cheat because......
    m
    +1
    They are lacking something inside and are searching for it in their relations with others. Just because he cheated on you does not mean you are lacking in anything; it is a reflection of his own emptiness. No one can fill that but him.
  • ♥ I Mis... m 2008/12/30 18:32:34
    ♥ I Miss You Cody ♥
    +1
    i understand what you are saying. thanks. :P
  • 1001084 2008/12/30 01:48:47
    they cheat because......
    1001084
    +6

• daydreamer 1001084 2009/01/06 16:57:37
    daydreamer
    +2
    I love the last paragraph below #10.
    karma Pictures, Images and Photos
  • 1001084 daydreamer 2009/01/06 17:07:32
    1001084
    +2
    Rest assure payday cometh...LOL
    karma Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Flowerbomb 2008/12/30 01:41:41
    they cheat because......
    Flowerbomb
    +2
    People cheat when there is something wrong in a relationship, it may not even have anything to do with the other person. As hard as it may be just be glad you found out now instead of later and find someone worthwhile. I would also have an issue of my best freind if I were you. He obviously thought she would be down and that makes me wonder about her.
  • small girl 2008/12/30 01:27:45
    small girl
    +3
    I don't know, they gotta prove something for themselves.
  • ©TransAmTam~Metal Queen \m/ 2008/12/28 20:59:34
  • Asha - Em 2008/12/28 16:42:24
    they cheat because......
    Asha - Em
    they obv. aren't very committed or hav v. strong feelin bout their gf, but then agen u cood as y gals cheat on their bfs. its a 2 wai street u c...
  • ♥ I Mis... Asha - Em 2008/12/28 17:48:23
    ♥ I Miss You Cody ♥
    +1
    well thats true but90% of the time its the guys that are cheating
  • Flowerbomb ♥ I Mis... 2008/12/30 01:39:38
    Flowerbomb
    +1
    I disagree with that. Women are just way more discreet and tell very few people, if anyone.
  • Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirt... 2008/12/28 16:22:41
    Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirty Pheonix
    +2
    Its a guy secret.....Cant break the code of men sorry
  • ♥ I Mis... Bring i... 2008/12/28 17:47:54
    ♥ I Miss You Cody ♥
    +1
    well i think that that code ought a be broken
  • Bring i... ♥ I Mis... 2008/12/28 17:48:58
    Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirty Pheonix
    +2
    Some things were not meant for womens ears....sorry....
  • Arokk Bring i... 2008/12/30 02:12:24

2014/08/27 09:14:22