Why do attractive students get better grades?

Aryan Vegan Girl 2009/09/03 18:19:52

• Raindropkitten™~the author ... 2009/09/03 18:22:53
    Attractive people really do turn in better work
    Raindropkitten™~the author of þhαετ~
    +5
    Um, they don't.
    I've never seen that happen.
    Teachers grade on work.
    The top graduating kids of my class weren't the most attractive. They weren't hideous, but they weren't top models either.

• Brian Black 2013/03/06 02:20:49
    Teachers are biased
    Brian Black
    But they don't know it. I was never very attractive due to broken non-verbal communication. Attractive people were given priority and taught at a young age to be confident in their questions, and using this they got every answer they wanted and had it repeated until it was seared into their brain, giving us a group of high test scoring individuals who fumbled in the dark as soon as uncertainty was introduced to their situation or environment, moving to take the same actions as the teachers and use judgment to allay fear, effectively becoming slaves to the lie of control through social structure. The other kids learned this as well and deferred to these attractive individuals in seeking social power. This abject fear, denial, and a refusal to face toward the unknown made them slaves to the very thing they used to control others, always in fear, always lying to themselves about it, and always convinced of their lies that ultimately suppressed who they would want to be in favor of what they were expected to be and following that path to obtain more false power. I never had my questions answered with any respect or patience, and thus have trouble asking questions as an adult, always seeking to logically work out things in my mind considering all variables instead of turning t...
    But they don't know it. I was never very attractive due to broken non-verbal communication. Attractive people were given priority and taught at a young age to be confident in their questions, and using this they got every answer they wanted and had it repeated until it was seared into their brain, giving us a group of high test scoring individuals who fumbled in the dark as soon as uncertainty was introduced to their situation or environment, moving to take the same actions as the teachers and use judgment to allay fear, effectively becoming slaves to the lie of control through social structure. The other kids learned this as well and deferred to these attractive individuals in seeking social power. This abject fear, denial, and a refusal to face toward the unknown made them slaves to the very thing they used to control others, always in fear, always lying to themselves about it, and always convinced of their lies that ultimately suppressed who they would want to be in favor of what they were expected to be and following that path to obtain more false power. I never had my questions answered with any respect or patience, and thus have trouble asking questions as an adult, always seeking to logically work out things in my mind considering all variables instead of turning to social structure for assurance in an answer. To be alone or to be a slave? Sadly, the priority of social animals to judge in primitive ways prevents shared wisdom and true self-determination and conducive environment through understanding, choosing the comfort of unjust skewing of their own views to give into fear over self-identity and cohesion through understanding and facing the unknown in all forms, destroying the concept of fear by not allowing it to exist in light of their true self, dominating fear instead of being dominated by it.
  • Jason~Art is Life~RWAC 2009/09/07 14:23:17
    Teachers are biased
    Jason~Art is Life~RWAC
    Ive seen this happen a few times. But not often.
  • Cookie-chan ~Love Like This~ 2009/09/04 18:43:17
    Teachers are biased
    Cookie-chan ~Love Like This~
    +1
    None of the above. It is this simple:
    A. They sleep with the teacher.
    B. They have "friends" that will let them copy off of them.
    C. They have sex for answers from friends.
    D. They cheat.
  • ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... Cookie-... 2009/09/04 19:45:51
    ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡ɴɪɴʝɑɑ♥!! [[ɴɵʂɫɑʟɢɪc ɗɑʏɗʀɘɑɱɘʀ]]
    +1
    Bwahahaha. I agree.
  • purpleicecreamvan<3 2009/09/04 17:51:49
    Teachers are biased
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    But, well, not in my experience. I get fairly good grades and I wouldn't say I'm very attractive.
  • runningintriangles 2009/09/04 04:36:55
    runningintriangles
    +1
    Easy: they aren't as distracted by other attractive people. See, unattractive people are blinded by the beauty of the attractive ones, causing them to pay less attention in class, therefore, not do as well.

Or, teachers may just be biased.

Or, perhaps, some people actually are brainy and beautiful.

I think I like the third one best.
  • Jester 2009/09/04 03:53:45
    Jester
    I do not think it matters much
  • Big Mike 2009/09/04 03:24:48
    Big Mike
    They don't. When I graduated there was like 4 people in the top 10% of the class grade-wise out of like 20 kids. I mean, I highly doubt they studied every school in America and different areas will turn out different results. All I know is that it didn't make any difference where I went to school.
  • Attractive people really do turn in better work
    ☆☮〶♥♫ ♥H3av3n ♥♫ ♥〶☮☆
    people say im very Attractive and im the smarties girl in my class attractive people turn work people attractive smarties girl class
  • Soccercb 2009/09/04 02:31:10
    Soccercb
    Not all the time, and it happens; But also if they have connections with the teachers like fathers/mothers are friends and things like that can happen
  • EchoPsychotic 2009/09/04 02:12:59 (edited)
    Teachers are biased
    EchoPsychotic
    and thr attractive kids are always in cheerleading or football and there is no way the teachers are gonna let them pass that up.

heh and idk. just how it seems. but i get c's. so idk. but i do see how sumtimes thats how it seems. but maybe they just turn in their work. -shrugs-
  • The guy with Billy May's icon. 2009/09/04 01:38:50
    Teachers are biased
    The guy with Billy May's icon.
    +1
    That's weird in here the uglier the smarter and I'm ugly as hell and got good or tolerable grades without studying at all.
  • ..tisha... 2009/09/04 01:11:44 (edited)
    Teachers are biased
    ..tisha...
    I'm fairly certain, that looks don't weigh on what grades a person gets- I have however, gotten extensions due to working on artwork for the school, been given grade credits for it, and taken out of class to be in the artroom to work on them. So I'd say, extracurricular activities help a student get better grades then looks.
  • Katherine the Renaissance W... 2009/09/03 22:55:11
    Teachers are biased
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +2
    THERE was no other choice.

This is totally stupid. I'm called 'pretty' but that doesn't mean anything. What happened to those stereotypes about nerdy kids never getting laid in high school because they're ugly?

Attractive students don't get better grades. It depends on the individuals' commitment. Besides, some people are more gifted in academics.

And IF teachers graded by attractiveness of their students, it would be called being a pedophile.

individuals commitment people gifted academics teachers graded attractiveness students pedophile
  • .Kira. 2009/09/03 20:57:54 (edited)
    .Kira.
    well..sometimes..i was listening to a song once and the guy said he found a cheerleader doing "something" with his teacher..he then yelled it to his football team-he said that explained why he grades were so great..but i doubt that's it..=3
  • becca wecca 2009/09/03 20:49:37
    Teachers are biased
    becca wecca
    i dont agree with that statement at all. most of the smart kids in my school werent the gorgeous pretty ones. im average and i did pretty good, ive never met a teacher that graded on looks
  • dreamwriter12 ✲the libraria... 2009/09/03 20:12:11
    dreamwriter12 ✲the librarian of ρнaεt✲ in grammar I trust
    +2
    I actually usually found the opposite to be true.
  • Laura♥TH&HP *The Great Esca... 2009/09/03 19:59:39
    Teachers are biased
    Laura♥TH&HP *The Great Escape* 〶
    +1
    I've never seen that happen, its the less atractive students at my school
  • RedMonkey 2009/09/03 18:56:28
    Teachers are biased
    RedMonkey
    +3
    teachers get horny too teachers biased teachers horny
  • ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... RedMonkey 2009/09/04 19:47:10
    lol
    Lady Jules ♥♥ in Lestat I trust ♥♥
    +3
    Where's the link to this study?
  • Denny 2009/09/03 18:28:32
    Denny
    Maybe they worry less about how they look and do more of the work??
  • ~LyDia<3J03Y~ 2009/09/03 18:28:23
    ~LyDia<3J03Y~
    +2
    I've never seen that happening.I don't think it's true!
    *~кåιѕєяïη σƒ ѕтяαωвєяяÿ ριяα†єѕ~*
    Not always. People say I'm pretty, but my grades are crap, since I don't do anything. I rarely do homework and sometimes don't even do my classwork. It really just depends on student.
  • Whackoslovakian ⇜ǷђÀ3†⇝ 2009/09/03 18:26:44
    Whackoslovakian  ⇜ǷђÀ3†⇝
    +1
    That's a fucked up study XD
    Raindropkitten™~the author of þhαετ~
    +5
    Um, they don't.
    I've never seen that happen.
    Teachers grade on work.
  • Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the... 2009/09/03 18:22:03
    Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the Renaissance Women of PHAET
    +3
    They don't, genius. I'm only average looking and my grades are good because I'm fairly intelligent.
  • Raindro... Jehnyha... 2009/09/03 18:23:07
    Raindropkitten™~the author of þhαετ~
    +4
    lol same here, it's called doing the work.
  • Your friendly neighborhood ... 2009/09/03 18:21:14
    Your friendly neighborhood stalker
    +5
    I got straight A's, but I wasn't the best looking student. Heck, the worst-looking ones usually were the smart ones.

2014/12/18 06:29:01