Why do atheists refuse to claim such butchers as Mao Zedung, Stalin, and Hitler, while bringing up things like the crusades?

☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2012/07/02 15:26:57
Seems to me when atheists want to really tear into Christians, they talk about all the people who were persecuted by Christianity, while ignoring the fact that Millions upon millions were killed by atheist butchers. Why do you think that is?

• Sodahead Founders are Fascists 2012/07/02 16:13:45 (edited)
    It is because.
    Sodahead Founders are Fascists
    +31
    First of All, Hitler was a Christian, that bloke is one of yours.
    “Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.” - Adolf Hitler

Second of all, none of the others did what they did because of atheism, or even in the name of atheism.

The crusades, the witch hunts and heretic burnings, on the other hand, were all committed, explicitely and openly, because of the religion and in the name of the religion.

• irish ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/03 13:23:23
    irish
    +1
    "Although considered authentic, contentious issues remain over particular aspects of the work, including the reliability of particular translated statements within the French and English editions,[5][14] the questionable manner in which Martin Bormann may have edited his notes,[11][15][16] recommended caution using the Table Talk as a historical source,[17][18][19] and disputes over which edition is most reliable.[5][6]"

hardly a reliable source.
  • irish ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/03 13:19:00
    irish
    +1
    “National Socialism is not a cult-movement-- a movement for worship; it is exclusively a ‘volkic’ political doctrine based upon racial principles. In its purpose there is no mystic cult, only the care and leadership of a people defined by a common blood-relationship... We will not allow mystically- minded occult folk with a passion for exploring the secrets of the world beyond to steal into our Movement. Such folk are not National Socialists, but something else-- in any case something which has nothing to do with us. At the head of our programme there stand no secret surmisings but clear-cut perception and straightforward profession of belief. But since we set as the central point of this perception and of this profession of belief the maintenance and hence the security for the future of a being formed by God, we thus serve the maintenance of a divine work and fulfill a divine will-- not in the secret twilight of a new house of worship, but openly before the face of the Lord… Our worship is exclusively the cultivation of the natural, and for that reason, because natural, therefore God-willed. Our humility is the unconditional submission before the divine laws of existence so far as they are known to us men.” -Adolf Hitler, in Nuremberg on 6 Sept.1938.

Pope Pius XII in 19...

Pope Pius XII in 1939 instructed Cardinal Bertram to send a birthday message to Hitler: "warmest congratulations to the Fuhrer in the name of the bishops and the dioceses in Germany" which was added, "fervent prayers which the Catholics of Germany are sending to heaven on their altars."? These greetings became a tradition and were sent every April 20th.
  • irish Drachen 2012/07/03 13:05:47
    irish
    he was catholic.
  • Drachen irish 2012/07/03 17:32:00
    Drachen
    The Catholic Religion is a branch of Christianity.
  • irish Drachen 2012/07/04 13:41:08
    irish
    actually no,its not considered christian.
  • Drachen irish 2012/07/04 16:54:39
    Drachen
    +1
    Actually yes. Catholics believe Christ is the Son of God... which means you're a Christian.
  • irish Drachen 2012/07/04 18:20:25
    irish
    actually no,thats not why they are not christian.
  • Drachen irish 2012/07/04 19:00:36
    Drachen
    Then what is your obviously intelligent and superior reason to as why they aren't Christian?
  • irish Drachen 2012/07/04 19:13:49
    irish
    basically because they differ in opinion on who to worship etc . the catholics don't consider themselves christians. they consider themselves the only true religion. the others are PROTESTants.
  • Drachen irish 2012/07/04 19:19:08
    Drachen
    +1
    because they don't consider themselves Christians that doesn't change the fact that they are. Protestants were indeed a group of people who separated from the Anglican Church to gain more religious freedom, but they didn't invent Christianity. Christianity already exist, because Catholics are Christians.
  • irish Drachen 2012/07/04 19:28:20
    irish
    not according to christians they aren't.
  • Drachen irish 2012/07/04 20:21:42 (edited)
    Drachen
    It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Christianity has qualifications and when you meet those qualifications you are defined as a Christianity based religion.

If they don't like it, maybe they shouldn't have defined it that way.
  • irish Drachen 2012/07/05 11:14:02
    irish
    catholicism doesn't meet the qualifications of christianity.
  • moonbaby 2012/07/02 21:50:54
  • Drachen moonbaby 2012/07/02 23:26:49
    Drachen
    +1
    Wow, way to insult all Christians. You know, not all of us agree with the poster...
    roll eyes emoticon gif
  • moonbaby Drachen 2012/07/03 00:39:52
    moonbaby
    ...In what way do you think I tried to insult all Christians?
  • Drachen moonbaby 2012/07/03 01:36:41
    Drachen
    "I just want to comment to say that if some of you were actually decent human beings". I can only assume you were talking about Christians. If not, then who?
  • moonbaby Drachen 2012/07/03 05:14:54
    moonbaby
    Oh, ha ha. I wasn't talking about Christians, but about the people who have replied to this question. Let me rephrase my statement: "I just want to comment to say that if some of you replying to this question were actually decent human beings [...]"
  • Radical Ed moonbaby 2012/07/03 05:34:25
    Radical Ed
    +1
    i think that because she asked it's necessary that people respond, especially when she is misconstruing the facts.
  • The_Inf... moonbaby 2012/07/03 08:49:26
    The_Infidel_Atheist
    Some people reply to this question because they actually care about history and some of the causes and correlations of Nazi Germany's anti-Semitism during WWII.
  • Drachen moonbaby 2012/07/03 17:32:33
    Drachen
    Very sorry to have made such an assumption. I apologize.
  • irish moonbaby 2012/07/03 13:37:51
    irish
    perhaps you should consider the atrocities that churchill,fdr and eisenhower committed.
  • The_Infidel_Atheist 2012/07/02 21:40:01 (edited)
    It is because.
    The_Infidel_Atheist
    +6
    Communism was Mao and Uncle Joe's religion, and they never killed in the name of atheism. They killed in the name of Communism. The Crusades though, were carried out by the Europeans in the name of the Christian God, and the Muslims fought back in the name of Allah.

Also, Hitler was a Christian.
    87436
  • ☆ElenaD... The_Inf... 2012/07/02 21:48:52
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    Check your history. You are terribly inaccurate.
  • The_Inf... ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/02 21:59:28
    The_Infidel_Atheist
    +3
    Which part am I wrong about?

The goal of the Crusades for the Europeans was restoring Christian access to the holy places in and near Jerusalem.
  • ☆ElenaD... The_Inf... 2012/07/02 22:03:04
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    You are wrong about hitler being Christian and about Stalin not killing for religion.
  • The_Inf... ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/02 22:10:09 (edited)
    The_Infidel_Atheist
    +6
    Read Mein Kampf sometime and you can read from Hitler himself on his religious views. He wrote it when he was imprisoned and really reflecting on who he was. He was trying to find his identity. You can feel his raw emotion when you read it. To deny the influence of Christianity on Hitler and its role in World War II, means that you must ignore history and forever bar yourself from understanding the source of Nazi German anti-Semitism and how the WWII atrocities occurred.

What evidence do you have that suggests Stalin killed in the name of atheism?
  • Joe Finsternis 2012/07/02 21:32:36
    It is because.
    Joe Finsternis
    +4
    "As a young boy, Hitler's most ardent goal was to become a priest. Much of his philosophy came from the Bible, and more influentially, from the Christian Social movement."

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitl...

I would say "nice try," but since you clearly didn't do any research before posting this discussion, the word try just doesn't fit.
  • ☆ElenaD... Joe Fin... 2012/07/02 21:55:46
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    It is your research that is faulty. I'd like to say nice try, but I don't lie.

Hitler was not a christian. That was a persona put on to fool people. I see it worked. The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity. ~Adolf Hitler Christianity is an invention of sick brains: one could imagine nothing more senseless, nor any more indecent way of turning the idea of the Godhead into a mockery.... .... When all is said, we have no reason to wish that the Italians and Spaniards should free themselves from the drug of Christianity. Let's be the only people who are immunised against the disease. ~~ Adolf Hitler There is something very unhealthy about Christianity~ Adolf Hitler It would always be disagreeable for me to go down to posterity as a man who made concessions in this field. I realize that man, in his imperfection, can commit innumerable errors-- but to devote myself deliberately to errors, that is something I cannot do. I shall never come personally to terms with the Christian lie. Our epoch Uin the next 200 yearse will certainly see the end of the disease of Christianity.... My regret will have been that I couldn't... behold ." ~Adolf Hitler.
  • Joe Fin... ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/02 22:00:46
    Joe Finsternis
    +2
    Could I see a link to where you got these supposed quotes?
    With no sources, your research is still more faulty than mine.
  • ☆ElenaD... Joe Fin... 2012/07/02 22:05:56
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    Sure. Some of them come directly from Mein kampf.

Here is a site complete with page numbers and references. http://www.doxa.ws/social/Hit...
  • Joe Fin... ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/02 22:14:07
    Joe Finsternis
    +3
    I would trust this article more of the author could spell words like "desire" and "answers."
    Link me to something written by a more educated person, please.
  • ☆ElenaD... Joe Fin... 2012/07/02 22:33:48
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    So you can't look up the page numbers? I can.
  • ☆ElenaD... Joe Fin... 2012/07/02 23:15:45
  • pSYchic... ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/02 23:36:20
  • sodabox ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/03 02:15:16
    sodabox
    +5
    Every Nazi had "God is with us" on his belt buckle. Hitler signed an agreement (14 July 1933 Reich Concordat) with the pope that Catholicism would be the one and only state religion of Germany. They have worked hard to keep that out of our kid's history books. Guess what? It is in Germany's history books.
  • Radical Ed sodabox 2012/07/03 05:39:05
    Radical Ed
    +3
    all european history books in fact.
  • Brittan... Joe Fin... 2012/07/02 22:39:30
    Brittany Foxx
    +1
    "As a young boy" being the key words. He ordered the death of all Jews as an adult, which is not a Christian thing.
  • ☆ElenaD... Pixie·Ÿ... 2012/07/02 21:56:07
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    False.

2014/11/26 18:47:39