Why do Atheists hate Christians so much?

~TwistedTransistor~ 2013/07/20 19:00:14
I just saw a comment from one basically telling all Christians to just go and die.
Not all of them are terrible. Some Christians are genuinely good people, but 99% don't seem to give a rat's butt...I just don't get all the hate.

• Metaldane 2013/07/20 21:26:10
    Metaldane
    +5
    Why do so many christians hate non-christians so much? It's called pricks being pricks it's quite obvious why so there's no logic in asking this pointless question.

Want to fix the problem stop trying to find who to blame and start fighting the prejudiced pricks in every group including your own.

• Alex 2013/08/12 22:26:55
    Alex
    I don't know I'm friendly to non-believers too and I'm hristian. One of my friends is not Christian.
  • mike j 2013/07/30 15:33:48
    mike j
    Read this link to the San Antonio Texas city council, link. http://savingourfuture.com/20...
  • BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET) 2013/07/30 14:58:27
    BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET)
    The ones who don't try to shove their beliefs down my throat every time I see them, I have all the time for in the world.

Incidentally, do you have any proof that 99% of Athiest's don't give a rats butt or is this just another case of someone tarring a whole group for the actions of a few?
  • Bocephus 2013/07/26 20:30:41
  • BattleB... Bocephus 2013/07/30 14:58:52
    BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET)
    Wrong.
  • Burnjuan 2013/07/25 19:48:09
    Burnjuan
    Because they keep trying to shove their idiotic fairy tales at us and will not shut up. These idiot can not prove anything that they spout, but try to force others to live by their moronic fairy tales.
    sadist
  • Bocephus Burnjuan 2013/07/26 20:30:30
  • Burnjuan Bocephus 2013/07/27 17:32:52
    Burnjuan
    That makes no sense.
  • Alex Burnjuan 2013/08/12 22:28:53
    Alex
    yes it does because Hell is way hotter and more torterous, and you wouldn't be able to pull anything away.
  • Lion 2013/07/23 11:42:51
    Lion
    I don't hate Christians. I was once a Christian, and I still have the Christian background. I'm well-read enough to hold a Biblical conversation, but I don't challenge Christian beliefs. I'm respectful of all the major religions.
  • Sew 2013/07/23 05:20:20
    Sew
    Why do Christians hate atheist so much?
  • Níl mé leat 2013/07/21 16:36:38
    Níl mé leat
    Not ALL Atheists hate Christians. Just like not ALL Christians hate Atheists. Both groups are no exception to having a percentage of their members just not like anyone.
  • MissLeviathan 2013/07/21 11:26:57
    MissLeviathan
    +1
    I don't hate people because they are Christian, I have many friends that are. If they preach, try to impose their beliefs, impact legislation on non-Christians and tell me I'm going to hell, then I have a problem with it.
  • bob MissLev... 2013/07/21 20:42:16
    bob
    What if you are going to hell and they are just caring enough to stop that from happening?
  • MissLev... bob 2013/07/21 20:44:26
    MissLeviathan
    What if I'm not going to hell and they are just threatening and annoying me for no reason? If they want to get followers and encourage people to find salvation, they're doing it the wrong way...
  • bob MissLev... 2013/07/22 02:39:12
    bob
    Can you answer what i asked first?
  • Sew bob 2013/07/23 05:21:51
    Sew
    Can you give us proof that Hell or god even exist? Until you provide that there is no justification in attempts to "save" us from it. Like trying to save someone from a building that isn't on fire.
  • bob Sew 2013/07/30 14:18:22
    bob
    Dr Chuck Missler discusses your question. Its long but worth listening to

• Sew bob 2013/07/30 14:53:30
    Sew
    Sorry I'm in Afghanistan so youtube videos pratically don't load, whichs makes watching even short videos untenable at best. Perhaps you'd to paraphrase for him? I'm sure that if he has any valid points you should be able to repeat them easily.
  • bob Sew 2013/07/30 21:38:06
    bob
    It is a very very long video. He just touches on a lot of scientific reasons for creation , death, time and space. Statistics of peoples view, etc. Way more then I could possibly say using text. It is why i posted the video, lol
  • Sew bob 2013/07/31 04:03:46
    Sew
    Well just humor me and give me one of his scientific reasons for the existence of god.
  • bob Sew 2013/08/10 03:17:27
    bob
    Perhaps you could humor me and give me evidence of evolution?
    Also, if God does exist and has created time and space , then that God is not part of that time and space, explain to me what experiment one could do to prove something outside of time and space?
  • Sew bob 2013/08/10 17:24:43 (edited)
    Sew
    Proof for evolution abounds, not that it has anything to do with the existence of your god. If evolution were false your god would not become the default answer so don't even attempt that route. As for your other claim:

"Also, if God does exist and has created time and space , then that God is not part of that time and space, explain to me what experiment one could do to prove something outside of time and space?"

This very question is absurd. If god did exist outside of time and space how could he be percieved by indivudals whose senses work within time and space? Can you even imagine what outside of time and space even means? How could anything exist outside of existence?
    Coming up with wild traits to attribute to your god so he can bend the rules is rather weak AND can be claimed by any religion and their favored deities. Clearly there is no scientific test for this. It is unscientific. And you'll have to pardon me for not believing in what by definition doesn't physically existence.
  • Alex bob 2013/08/12 22:30:41
    Alex
    there was evalution after the ark.
  • bob MissLev... 2013/07/30 14:18:16
    bob
    What subject did Jesus speak of more, Heaven or Hell?
  • MissLev... bob 2013/07/30 14:31:20
    MissLeviathan
    How should I know? It seems that Christians can't even agree on whether he spoke more about heaven or hell.
  • Kathulhu 2013/07/21 07:35:15
    Kathulhu
    Please link to a thread started by an Atheist (older than 16 or so) talking about how Christians are awful.
  • ¤Creepy Lumberjack¤ >-QC-< 2013/07/21 07:08:53 (edited)
    ¤Creepy Lumberjack¤ >-QC-<
    +2
    It's the opposite actually.

• The Spanish Inquisition 2013/07/21 06:00:40 (edited)
    The Spanish Inquisition
    - I hate people who use their religious identity as justification for their actions.

- I hate people who use their religious identity as justification to leave certain groups with rights unequal before the law.

- I hate people who use their religious identity to enforce their own beliefs onto others.

- I laugh at Christians who give the whole passive aggressive, and entirely empty, threats of "you will see, one day" while telling me to kill myself so I'll know their personal god exists.

Before anyone says otherwise, these people are still Christians. They still believe in Jesus, the sacrifice, heaven and all that pzazz. They're not false ones, just the arsehole part of the demographic who've interpreted the bible differently from the thousand other denominations.
  • fallnhope 2013/07/21 03:48:57
    fallnhope
    I honestly don't know why people from any religion can't just agree to disagree. I've only gotten in one persons face about religious views and that's because of the way they were acting. I'm apathetic towards religion, but I have friends from every walk of life. Sorry there's so many rude people out there. ^_^
  • oldsalt 2013/07/21 02:22:18
    oldsalt
    +1
    Too many Christians proselytize & have the arrogant conviction that my religion is the only true religion
  • Kathulhu oldsalt 2013/07/21 07:36:54
    Kathulhu
    +1
    There's a narrow line between asking if you'd like to hear the word of God, and coming to your door EVERY DAY and asking if you'd like to hear the word of God.

I don't think you should be so ashamed of your proselyting.
  • oldsalt Kathulhu 2013/07/21 19:31:38
    oldsalt
    I'm not a Christian & I don't proselytize anything. As soon as a lot of Christians find out I'm secular they start giving me "the line". Happens all too often
  • Kathulhu oldsalt 2013/07/21 19:51:25
    Kathulhu
    Sorry. You said "my" religion in context of Christianity. I didn't mean anything by it.
  • Jonny The Frog 2013/07/20 22:09:52
    Jonny The Frog
    +1
    I think the reason why they hate us so much is because we just want them to know the truth and experience how amazing it is
  • Sew Jonny T... 2013/07/23 05:26:17
    Sew
    "because we just want them to know the truth and experience how amazing it is"

We hate you because you make incredibly arrogant statements like the one above. The "Truth" you say? That's funny because everytime I ask for objective substantial proof of your "Truth" I get none. Yet you have the audacity to tell me it is the "Truth". It's highly insulting. Just like it would be if I went around saying the exact same thing to you guys.

We or no one else need's your "Truth" until you actually have proof.
  • Jonny T... Sew 2013/07/23 06:09:21 (edited)
    Jonny The Frog
    don't be a bitch (excuse my language O.O)
  • Digi_talis 2013/07/20 21:28:23
    Digi_talis
    +1
    As an atheist I don't dislike Christians, I just don't believe in any god. I wouldn't be rude to someone just because they are a Christian. I would like it to be reciprocal though, and be given the same respect. Sadly this is often not the case.

Gandhi on Christians
  • Metaldane 2013/07/20 21:26:10
    Metaldane
    +5

• rand 2013/07/20 20:44:14
    rand
    As a "philosophic Christian", I'm a pantheist (some would say atheist) who does not believe in a personal god. It is a shame that people eschew His message, but the hypocrisy of most Christians is the reason. Christ had to borrow the word "hypocrite" from the Greeks 'cause Aramaic didn't have one, so clearly He doesn't approve of it.

2014/04/18 10:47:16