Why Can't People Accept Other People Who Are Gay/Lesbian/Bi?

~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~ 2010/08/09 23:26:48
Related Topics: Fish, Judge, animal, Style
Because....
I Don't Know
other

They are no different from the rest of us. I mean last time I checked we were all human beings. No One should be judged because of who they like, their relgion, who they hang around, they age, sex, gender,etc. If people don'trespect them then they obviously don't respect themselves. I myself am not religious in any way so when people say well god says this or said that in the bible I refuse to listen to it because I believe that all people no matter what should be treated equally. It is not fair for others to feel they need to hide because of who they like. This country needs to learn that when you pick on people there is always a bigger person than youself. WE ARE ALL SMALL FISH IN A REALLY BIG A** POND/OCEAN/ WHATEVER THE HECK YOU WANT TO CALL IT. You like who you like and you are who you are. Just because someone is different it doesn't make it wrong. Or just because you don't understand something it doesn't mean judge it. I am a huge supporter of people being gay/lesbian/bi because we are human being and no one has the right to treat another human being like an animal.

• METALheadMom 2010/08/10 00:31:17
    Because....
    METALheadMom
    +5
    Well, it really doesn't matter what you want, people will ALWAYS judge others AND have strong opinions on what they feel is good, bad, right and wrong. And, when people HAVE opposite values, opinions, and morals, they ARE "different". I am different than a gay person, and they are different from me. You are not going to tell me that I do not have the option of not accepting what I feel is not right, nor does my opinion in any way indicate that I do not respect myself. Where do you get these kinds of ideas anyway.

You are NOT like me at all, sorry. I don't live with rainbows and butterflies fluttering around my head, and I don't dream impossible dreams. You are so lost in your fantasy, that you are TOTALLY blind to your hypocrisy. Practice what you preach honey, and stop HATING on those who do not agree with you.

• RachelSmith 2010/09/08 17:07:29
    Because....
    RachelSmith
    +1
    If you think about it, it's likely that the reason people can't accept the fact that people are gay is because of religious views. Religion can influence a persons opinion, especially at a young age, or if alot of people in the surrounding enviroment believe it. Put into fewer words, a reason would be religion, parents, and people in the surrounding enviroment influence a person to think that way.
  • ~Reinet... RachelS... 2010/09/08 21:02:25
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    i concur
  • Janet 2010/08/24 18:50:03
    Because....
    Janet
    +1
    I accept,but,I don't support gay marriage or homosexuality in generel.I don't think they should be beaten up.Beating someone up is wrong.What I consider not having equal rights and what you may consider not having equal rights may be different.What I think is not having the same rights as someone else is having to sit at the back of the because you are different.Not being able to use the same things as certain people because you look different.Having to pick cotton because you look different.Peopel assuming you are illegal because you look different.People thinking you are a terrorist because you look different.People thinking you are a criminal because you look different.people thinking that you eat dog because you look different.People thinking you like curry because you look different.People comparing you to jackie Chan because you look different.
  • ~Reinet... Janet 2010/08/24 20:45:58
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    ok
  • StopWatchFan 2010/08/10 22:14:00 (edited)
    I Don't Know
    StopWatchFan
    +2
    I have absolutely no problem with people who are gay/lesbian/bisexual. we're all human!!
    Some people can be a bit uncomfortable at first if they're told by their friend or family member that he/she is gay/lesbian, I suppose they have a right to be. But, rallying against gay rights and saying that gays will burn in hell is WAY past ignorant and cruel. We are all people, we're all different in some way, but whoever you love is no ones business to condemn you by.
  • ~Reinet... StopWat... 2010/08/10 22:20:52
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    i concur
  • Loki_Laufeyson 2010/08/10 21:40:42
    other
    Loki_Laufeyson
    +1
    good question
  • ~Reinet... Loki_La... 2010/08/10 21:58:11
  • GhislaineRegout 2010/08/10 21:36:15
    Because....
    GhislaineRegout
    +1
    Some people are insecure and take it out on others to make themselves feel better, some are small/minded, some are afraid, some are idiots. As far as your speech goes... people insecure feel smallminded afraid idiots speech
    Respect to you!
  • ~Reinet... Ghislai... 2010/08/10 21:58:26
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    thx
  • FIONALOVESPARAMORE 2010/08/10 15:54:21
    Because....
    FIONALOVESPARAMORE
    +1
    ...they fear change, and they don't understand.
  • ~Reinet... FIONALO... 2010/08/10 15:54:54
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    thx for ansering
  • Caitlyn 2010/08/10 14:36:43
    other
    Caitlyn
    +2
    I have no problem accepting people with different orientations than me. I've had gay, bi, and lesbian friends. It doesn't bother me until one of the girls say they have a crush on me or start grabbing at me. Personal space is personal space.
  • ~Reinet... Caitlyn 2010/08/10 15:49:28
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    good answer
  • jayy 2010/08/10 08:47:50
    I Don't Know
    jayy
    +1
    to be honest i don't know
  • ~Reinet... jayy 2010/08/10 15:49:39
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    thx for answring
  • bleeding heart 2010/08/10 05:40:46
    Because....
    bleeding heart
    +1
    they cant accept that because the world started out as women and men get married and now Gays/Lesbian/bisexuals are trying to make it change. Marriage is already complecated betweenm man and woman ,then its gotta be even worse for Gays/Lesbian/bisexuals . I have nothing against them but the world was created a God or some superpower being and a man and a woman who were able to creat another living being . So if God (or other superbieng) wanted us to have children with men and men and woman and woman ,then we would have been engneered differently .
  • ~Reinet... bleedin... 2010/08/10 15:50:23
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    thx for answering
  • bleedin... ~Reinet... 2010/08/10 17:24:04
    bleeding heart
    +1
    anytime
  • Anna E bleedin... 2010/08/10 22:19:05 (edited)
    Anna E
    +1
    Sorry, but life is just life. There always have been differences between people and there always will be. People that are more different than other simply want to be accepted as people regardless of the differences. Humans are humans, period, and not one of us is "engineered" the same as another. Homosexuality is simply a character trait like being left-handed or blue-eyed and brunette.
    And that's regardless of whether we believe in gods or not. :)
    I like that you and others have put some rational thought into this. Good for you!
  • bleedin... Anna E 2010/08/11 22:02:45
    bleeding heart
    +1
    People being Gay/Bi/Lesbien are just lifestyles they are very rarly found to be that is just the way i am . It is a something like a phase ur in it then ur out of it but thats just my opinion.
  • Anna E bleedin... 2010/08/13 01:40:52
    Anna E
    +1
    I can respect that you have that opinion, but I disagree. The evidence suggests that some people are simply born gay and stay gay. Gays can't change like some people change hair color.
    There's another opinion that homosexuality is a disease. There's no evidence to suggest that either.

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu...

http://www.psychologytoday.co...
  • bleedin... Anna E 2010/08/14 04:20:09
    bleeding heart
    +1
    ok and i get that and understand that
  • Anna E bleedin... 2010/08/18 02:47:46
    Anna E
    +1
    I'm happy to help. :)

Cheers!
  • Divided States of America 2010/08/10 01:52:05
    other
    Divided States of America
    +1
    I don't fully understand the gay repression today.Other than religious conflicts and the fact that gays don't make more slaves,or soldiers.Those on the fence should get over the disease issue.
  • ~Reinet... Divided... 2010/08/10 03:15:20
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    thx for answering
  • Beca :D 2010/08/10 01:45:35
    Because....
    Beca :D
    +1
    There are many people that judge others.. and we all know its not right but even when some people know its not the right thing.. they still do it. and they shouldn't.. they should treat others the way they want to be treated. And by the way don't judge a book by its cover in that case don't judge someone if you don't know them .
  • ~Reinet... Beca :D 2010/08/10 01:47:28
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    +1
    nice answr
  • Beca :D ~Reinet... 2010/08/10 01:48:11
    Beca :D
    +1
    thanks :)
  • ~Reinet... Beca :D 2010/08/10 03:15:30
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    ur welcome
  • Beca :D ~Reinet... 2010/08/10 17:59:41
  • KSJR362 - Not what you think 2010/08/10 01:40:04
    Because....
    KSJR362 - Not what you think
    +1
    I need to hate you, I can tell
    I need to hate you, I can tell
    I need to hate you, I can tell
    'cause the Bible tells me so*

*(sung to Jesus Loves Me)
  • ~Reinet... KSJR362... 2010/08/10 01:47:39
  • Mysticflamezz 2010/08/10 01:25:11
    Because....
    Mysticflamezz
    +1
    People are jus hypocrites and like everyone to be the same as fear for the unkown is the difference of stability
  • ~Reinet... Mysticf... 2010/08/10 01:47:50
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    +1
    thx for answering
  • Mysticf... ~Reinet... 2010/08/10 01:57:05
    Mysticflamezz
    +1
    Nooo thank you for replying and raving!!!!!!
  • ~Reinet... Mysticf... 2010/08/10 03:15:40
  • cappsy has a barcode ~_~ 2010/08/10 01:04:59
    Because....
    cappsy has a barcode ~_~
    +1
    They don't fully understand and beliefs are bread into a person. It is hard to change what someone feels especially when they are taught to feel and believe a certain way.

One thing I do have to say though a person can ask anyone in my town to point out a bisexual or gay person and they would get maybe one or two right.

Just because orientation is different doesn't necessarily mean acting different. But they have their beliefs and I have mine, there isn't any changing it.
  • ~Reinet... cappsy ... 2010/08/10 02:18:17
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    +1
    thx for answering
  • cappsy ... ~Reinet... 2010/08/10 12:32:48
    cappsy has a barcode ~_~
    +1
    not a problem

2014/09/02 06:52:43