Why can't men hit women but women can hit men?

The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche 2010/06/24 05:16:52
Like don't get me wrong... I've never hit a women in my life and I never will. But I've always wondered why it's so taboo for a man to hit a woman but when a woman hits a man it's no big deal... hey they even say the jerk deserved it. It could be vise versa though you never know... the man may have had a reason to hit a woman and the woman may of had no right to hit the man. All I'm saying is that men get more of a reputation for being jerks, cheaters, liars, and pigs when not all of them are. And some women can be animals too but they never get as much heat as men do. Why? I'm not sexist or prejudice or anything of the sort... I just wanna know why that is.

• Smart ass 2012/11/20 03:31:27
    Smart ass
    +11
    well for starters, i been raised to never hit a girl for any reason, a few years ago I was in a abusive relationship, I was abused, physically mentally and emotionally, not fun ever since then I figured it be ok to hit a woman back if she hits you, lots of crazies out there, men and women, I also see women as my equal as well, always had and always will. so if a woman can hit me then they can be expected to hit back, depending on what exactly they do to me, I still have a set of principles, rules I go by though. other than that if anyone hits an innocent woman for no reason they are scum, I believe in acting in self defense though I will do that though.

• Starcutter 2014/05/25 18:30:57
    Starcutter
    +1
    The affluent WASP standard is to never hit a LADY; you would never find yourself in a position where a lady would be striking you in the first place. As for hitting a woman who is not restrained by lady like behavior, there has never been any sort of prohibition that would prevent you from striking that person.
  • austinbryant 2013/12/03 10:57:32
  • casee.norlem 2013/10/27 20:26:27
    casee.norlem
    +3
    Okay, this is how I see it: A person who has physical superiority to another should be careful how they use it. Biologically, men are GENERALLY stronger than women. Adults are stronger than children. Many people have had a reason to want to hit another, but whether they should is another question. So, when my ex-husband (note the ex) tried to grab my son out of anger and my son screamed out of pain, my mother-bear instinct came out so fast that I didn't know that I had back-handed his 6'3" frame to the ground till after the fact. There are times when hitting just happens, and that's when I would say it is okay for a woman to hit a man. The only other time I have hit was when I was at a college party and a guy grabbed me and tried to forcefully kiss me and I slapped him away. I guess slapping may be appropriate if a woman did the same things (maybe...). But, for the most part, the gender discrepancy is not fair, of course. Women should not be given a pass for hitting a man just because she is pissed off. But, men, I think, have a responsibility to take their strength seriously; just as an adult has a responsibility towards children. Not to compare women and children, at all, but a person of physical power, male or female, would benefit from how they use it and control it.
  • ronald.... casee.n... 2014/01/13 22:51:02
    ronald.ferreira.39
    had he backed hand you he'd be in jail law for one law for all.
  • Nathan ... casee.n... 2014/04/29 10:31:32
  • ronald.ferreira.39 2013/09/02 03:30:39
    ronald.ferreira.39
    +3
    woomen have no right to hit men, its the men that dont press charges or make cicticens arrest. if women helping women wont stop it.
  • bret ashworth 2013/07/24 04:39:56
  • Fang 2013/04/02 21:56:53
    Fang
    +1
    Hmm... In my opinion, it all sounds like prejudice and traditions to me. For example, right now, so called feminism is big. But the better kind of feminism to some mean that girls should rule the world just like men do- they should also be in positions of power, allowed to vote, and so on. Some countries don't even allow women to talk to their husband if they are not spoken to first. They allow men to physically abuse and rape women without consequence. Fair, I think not.
    But the false feminism is that girls rule. Period. Just like now how men are in power, not many women, it should be reversed. more of revenge than true feminism.

On the subject though, it's taboo for a girl to hit a guy too. Now, if it's playful slapping that can't hurt a baby, that's not actually what we mean by hitting here.
    What makes me mad here is that they say that 'MEN GET MORE OF A REP FOR BEING JERKS, CHEATERS, LIARS, AND PIGS WHEN NOT ALL OF THEM ARE'. Don't women get stereotyped too? Don't they supposedly all play with dolls when they are little and can't be the big boss CEO? Aren't they too bossy and rude? Or are they too "emotional"? Come on people, men and women are the same. The only difference is the barrier in our minds that we are different!! For example, when women cheat on men, don't you...

What makes me mad here is that they say that 'MEN GET MORE OF A REP FOR BEING JERKS, CHEATERS, LIARS, AND PIGS WHEN NOT ALL OF THEM ARE'. Don't women get stereotyped too? Don't they supposedly all play with dolls when they are little and can't be the big boss CEO? Aren't they too bossy and rude? Or are they too "emotional"? Come on people, men and women are the same. The only difference is the barrier in our minds that we are different!! For example, when women cheat on men, don't you think the reaction is the same? The only difference is that (according to both men and women) women are more openly emotional. So it will probably be more dramatic in the house (and obviously in the movies) then when a woman cheats on a man. Because from what i've seen, more of them just silently fume or are disqusted, and are quietly ashamed that they let it slip by their notice.

I just don't think it's fair to women or men. From one point, men are the bad guys trying to strike women down. From the other, women are just a bunch of brats trying to get more attention. EITHER WAY, THEY'RE WRONG.

It would be so much better if we could just erase traditions and start from the beginning- women get to do what they want, men what they want. But EQUAL.

Has anyone else noticed that through this whole thread, people keep saying one-sided things? Women can't hit men and men can't hit women- the reason that this is even an issue is because both men and women escalate the problem. It's mostly owed to tradition, such as men hold doors. By not hitting women, men consider them delicate. Hitting a man makes the man acknowledge them as equals, showing they cnand do damage too.

Message: STOP FREAKING STEREOTYPING
  • ronald.... Fang 2014/01/13 22:53:16
    ronald.ferreira.39
    to many women getting away with murdering men wanting a chalenge like that of men but gets confused why arent men in womens prisons. answer prison is not for dating men.
  • Smart ass 2012/11/20 03:31:27
    Smart ass
    +11
  • Jeff Ja... Smart ass 2012/12/03 18:11:05
    Jeff Jacobson
    +11
    i'v once heard that when a girl hits you 3 times you can hit her back. but i think people where saying that to make people smack a girl.
  • Smart ass Jeff Ja... 2012/12/04 07:34:21
    Smart ass
    Well you know, i see women as my equal, they got equal rights now, so that means doing everything a man does, same everything, including dos and donts, not taboo to hit a girl in self defense, but to prey on innocent girls, bad thing to do i would never do that,
  • ronald.... Smart ass 2014/01/13 22:56:32
    ronald.ferreira.39
    i had a neise beat me up and i kicked her as hard as she did and she said guys arent supposed to hit girls i said girls not suppoed to hit guys either.
  • Ryan Weise 2012/07/06 16:39:55
  • criminalprosecutor88 2011/08/19 16:32:25 (edited)
    criminalprosecutor88
    +6
    I have been a state criminal prosecutor for the past 23 years. For anyone reading this post, the men and women of law enforcement are committed to stopping physical abuse of all types.

In our jurisdiction, it is a criminal offense to intentionally slap, kick, punch, bite, scratch, shove, or spit upon any other person. The question raised in this blog is directed toward females abusing males. A female abuser should be advised that, in a domestic situation, the police are required to make an arrest if an abuser (regardless of gender) causes any kind of physical injury (scratch, bruise, cut, bleeding). The police are required by law to arrest the abuser on the spot — even if a male victim might be forgiving and even if he tells the police that the abuse was no big deal. Slapping can cause physical injury. I can think of multiple cases in which the police arrested a woman for slapping a man in the face, and she afterward claimed that she did not intend for her fingernails to cut or scratch the victim. This defense is rarely successful because the law presumes that an offender should know the likely consequences of his/her actions.

The criminal laws make no distinction as to the gender of the abuser and/or the gender of the victim. Prosecutors will not take into account how mas...

The criminal laws make no distinction as to the gender of the abuser and/or the gender of the victim. Prosecutors will not take into account how masculine or feminine the victim is, or how cute or feminine the abuser is. The law makes no distinction between how small and meek the abuser is, or how big and tough the victim is. The law does not assume that men are larger than women, that men suffer less pain than women, or that women are less likely to inflict injuries.

So if there are hotheads (female or male) reading this blog who are contemplating this type of behavior, be forewarned that you might be cooling off in a jail cell. The officers at the jail will not be interested in whether you think this is cute or funny. If you think this behavior is socially acceptable, society has provided orange jumpsuits so you can rethink your behavior.

A second question raised is whether a man should hit a woman if she hits him first. The best advice is that the law will look far more favorably upon a victim of physical abuse who stopped the violence and remained innocent — so if you can, walk away. Be cautious. Axioms such as "fair is fair" or "an eye for an eye" oversimplify the law of self defense. Hitting back might escalate the situation rather than stop it. The law of our state is typical of most jurisdictions — the use of physical force upon another person is justifiable only when the defendant believes such force is necessary to protect himself/herself against the imminent use of unlawful physical force by the other person. The use of deadly physical force upon another person is justifiable only when the defendant believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against the immediate threat of death, serious physical injury, kidnapping, sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat, or another felony involving the use of force.

Another blogger alluded to feminism. Pure feminism seeks equality for both genders, and the law provides equal protection to both sexes.

Lately, I have seen several kids' TV shows that depict girls hitting boys, suggesting it is acceptable for females to hit males. On the show, "iCarly," the female character, "Sam" occasionally slaps and hits Freddie. While this is supposed to be humorous, there is nothing entertaining about abuse. The producers of these shows should join the 21st century and stop sending dangerously incorrect messages to young viewers.

If a friend or spouse hits you, it will likely happen again. Abusers are losers. Seriously consider ending the relationship.
  • sgt.davis crimina... 2012/01/18 20:11:38
  • sgt.davis 2011/06/02 00:16:49
  • Gradientsky 2010/07/18 10:22:01
    Gradientsky
    let them both box it out
  • Stephen 2010/06/26 19:56:05
  • tracey 2010/06/25 02:33:23
    tracey
    +1
    most men are physically stronger than woman and can actually kill them a woman would need a blunt object lol
  • sgt.davis tracey 2012/01/18 20:14:26
    sgt.davis
    +1
    And yet women fail to remember that we are stronger than you are and yet you still attack. If you're foolish enough to strike a man especially with either a weapon or your fists then you deserve to recieve a physical reminder to keep your hands to yourself
  • Smart ass sgt.davis 2012/11/20 03:25:36
    Smart ass
    +10
    I agree with you on that big time, when it comes to being hit by a girl, do what you gotta do, and if anyone tells you different then it shows they are full of crap
  • Nathan ... tracey 2014/04/29 10:33:40
    Nathan Edwards
    +1
    we are not that rough....
  • brie 2010/06/25 00:08:27
    brie
    well its usually the case that guys are more then girls. But i don't hit my guy friends for real haha....nothing that really hurts :P and idk i guess...just cuz we r girls haha..ya just cant :P lol
  • swordinhand72 2010/06/24 22:50:21
    swordinhand72
    +3
    If a woman has balls enough to hit me,she's getting hit back,end of story.
  • brie swordin... 2010/06/25 00:08:47
  • The Agi... brie 2010/06/25 01:49:21
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    like dont get me wrong i would hit a girl for no reason i'm not a douchebag but sometimes they hit you and when u ask them to stop they don't so what do u expect them to do like how much of it are they gonna have to take
  • tracey The Agi... 2010/06/25 02:34:43 (edited)
    tracey
    just hold her so she cant :) and maybe that girl likes you hint hint;):D get a date:)
  • Stephen tracey 2010/06/26 19:54:07
    Stephen
    I like the hitting idea better!
  • tracey Stephen 2010/06/27 03:33:38
  • sgt.davis tracey 2012/01/18 20:15:40
    sgt.davis
    Riiiight hold her when she has a knife or a gun......exactly what planet are u on again?
  • brie The Agi... 2010/06/30 01:12:22
    brie
    yea idk...only annoying dumb girls do that! haha..i never hit ppl for no reason..but even if it is it's like not hard or just like fun kind of hitting lol..if that makes any sense :P
  • Smart ass brie 2012/11/20 03:34:17
    Smart ass
    +8
    play fighting is ok, kidding around nothing wrong with that like bumping into each other or playful gestures but what you say does make sense and its good your dont hit people for no reason good for you,
  • swordin... brie 2010/06/25 22:21:28
    swordinhand72
    +1
    I'm not a mysoginist or a woman beater,however,male or female,if you hit me,you're gonna get hit.And in my view if a guy hits me he's a dick.If a girl hits me she's a bitch, and if a girl hits me and thinks she's going to get away with it without being hit back because she's a girl' then she's a stupid bitch.Hitting me =getting hit.you want equal rights,you got'em.
  • Smart ass swordin... 2012/11/20 03:35:44
    Smart ass
    +12
    agreed with every word you said lol. equal rights hell yes some complain about their rights there you go, that goes for anything in life too
  • James swordin... 2014/02/04 13:44:48
    James
    +3
    The Bible says, "live by the sword and die by the sword." If you hit someone back you are just continuing the problem. It is likely you will get hit and and there will be a nasty and unnecessary back and forth. You cannot control anyone else but you can control yourself. Why not just stop the hitting all together, leave or leave it alone? Male or female, no matter who hits you, it is up to you to be a bigger man [no pun intended] and actually "win" by not promoting the violence.

As to why women can hit a man and a man should not hit a woman, I think it lies more in today's woman or better yet our whole society of entitlement, along with the women's rights movement. This has historically been a very good thing but I find that most movements, this one included, are overreaching their original goals. Now Feminism means no distinction whatsoever. Ignoring the fact that men and women are profoundly different and in beautiful ways.
  • The Agi... swordin... 2010/06/25 01:48:13
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    exactly my point
  • tracey swordin... 2010/06/25 02:34:09
    tracey
    ide hit ya and than laugh
  • vc swordin... 2011/09/10 19:40:18
    vc
    +2
    right on bro i firmly believe in that and she better believe she gone get it harder
  • coffee man 2010/06/24 21:30:18
    coffee man
    +2
    The short answer is that white men are the only people that it's OK to have a double standard against. There I said it.
    Just look at the simple act of slapping someone on TV. If it happens to a man it's either considered comedy or he deserved it somehow. If it's a woman that get's slapped she's in an abusive relationship or is dealing with a monster of some sort. OF course there is a history of white men being in tyrannical power for so long that no one really feels sorry for us and figures we're getting what we deserve, but that doesn't take the double standard out of it.

2014/10/25 23:49:18